PDA

View Full Version : Fin_Frenzy_84 updated mock!!! 3-12-10

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Re-Sign JT
Sign Sharper to a 2 year deal

Here is what I will do trade my first to Greenbay for there first,second, and try for fourth if not fifth...
Then trade Cam and QB(Most Likely Thigpen) for two 5th round picks...

Leaves us with
1. Brandon Graham OLB Michigan
2. Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech
2. Cam Thomas NT North Carolina
3. Torell Troup NT Central Florida
4. Perry Riley OLB LSU
4. Ben Tate RB Auburn
5. Dezmon Briscoe WR Kansas
5. Andrew Quarless TE Penn St.
6. Darryl Sharpton ILB Miami
6. Myron Rolle S FSU
6. Vince Oghobaase DE Duke
6. CB...
7. Depth...
7. Depth...

I looked at all there players and had them projected going around these rounds so it should be pretty accurate.

seltzer37
03-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Two NT back to back don't make any sense how about Aaron Hernandez where you have the second NT.

#1dolphinsfan
03-13-2010, 06:19 AM
I dont like the back to back NT i would take one out and draft a TE or ILB

emeraldfin
03-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Cant see Graham being their when Green Bay will be selecting. Cant see him getting by Atlanta or New England. Thomas I dont will be available in the 2nd round either.

Would agree with that two NT's back to back is doubtful..

houtz
03-13-2010, 08:25 AM
I say we stay put and draft graham :thumbsup:

Morey161
03-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Get me Jimmy Graham.

3rdandinches
03-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Re-Sign JT
Sign Sharper to a 2 year deal

Here is what I will do trade my first to Greenbay for there first,second, and try for fourth if not fifth...
Then trade Cam and QB(Most Likely Thigpen) for two 5th round picks...

Leaves us with
1. Brandon Graham OLB Michigan
2. Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech
2. Cam Thomas NT North Carolina
3. Torell Troup NT Central Florida
4. Perry Riley OLB LSU
4. Ben Tate RB Auburn
5. Dezmon Briscoe WR Kansas
5. Andrew Quarless TE Penn St.
6. Darryl Sharpton ILB Miami
6. Myron Rolle S FSU
6. Vince Oghobaase DE Duke
6. CB...
7. Depth...
7. Depth...

I looked at all there players and had them projected going around these rounds so it should be pretty accurate.

If TE is important to you then take out T.Troup and replace him with J.Graham TE and where you have A.Quarless take J.Owens NT as an example. I like drafting two NT's but one should be more of a project in the later rounds like Owens, Woods etc...

Why Briscoe (another big body) when we have Turner developing already?

It's a good draft, I'd love to get D.Thomas WR in the second but I doubt he's available in the 2nd at all.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 01:54 PM
If TE is important to you then take out T.Troup and replace him with J.Graham TE and where you have A.Quarless take J.Owens NT as an example. I like drafting two NT's but one should be more of a project in the later rounds like Owens, Woods etc...

Why Briscoe (another big body) when we have Turner developing already?

It's a good draft, I'd love to get D.Thomas WR in the second but I doubt he's available in the 2nd at all.

Tight end is not important to me at all it was just there to satisfy yall.. I think Jimmy Graham is overrated and will never give a third or a fourth for him....

As for Brandon Graham I have seen some mocks having him go really late...

The Reason I wanted to draft two NT is because Ferg will be gone after this season and I think these two guys can play very well and will be great for competiton with each other...

Demaryius will fall gurantee, I just cant seeing him go round 1 or earlier than are pick in round 2 when he has missed combine and proday...

Also Jeff Owens needs to gain a little wait IMO to play NT I think he is more of a end in are defence.

Phillip Merling-295
Jeff Owens-304

I think if Jeff Drops 10 pounds and we switch him to end he will be dominant if we get him...

skipp2myloo13
03-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Wouldnt trade up if Berry, Dez or Thomas is staring us in the face at 12. ALso-i think thomas will be gone by our second. I hope he isnt but strongly believe he will be.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Wouldnt trade up if Berry, Dez or Thomas is staring us in the face at 12. ALso-i think thomas will be gone by our second. I hope he isnt but strongly believe he will be.

If Berry or Dez is there no question we take him...
As for Earl Thomas I dont want him at all...
Demaryius will fall to us in 2nd Im not just hoping he wall fall I believe he will...
As for the first four rounds(If we dont sign Sharper) We make sure we get WR,OLB,NT,TE I think TE will be last out of the picks but as for the other three we should pick best available...
If we dont sign Sharper we need to pick WR,OLB,NT,FS in the first four rounds still picking best available..

skipp2myloo13
03-13-2010, 02:49 PM
If Berry or Dez is there no question we take him...
As for Earl Thomas I dont want him at all...
Demaryius will fall to us in 2nd Im not just hoping he wall fall I believe he will...
As for the first four rounds(If we dont sign Sharper) We make sure we get WR,OLB,NT,TE I think TE will be last out of the picks but as for the other three we should pick best available...
If we dont sign Sharper we need to pick WR,OLB,NT,FS in the first four rounds still picking best available..

Why dont you like Thomas, and what makes you thin that Demaryous will indeed fall as you said?

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Why dont you like Thomas, and what makes you thin that Demaryous will indeed fall as you said?

Just not a big fan of him... I will be honest dont know much about earl thomas...
Demaryius will be there at two because this guy was a projected 2 before combine and did not participate in combine or proday because of broken foot then all of a sudden he is a first rounder I dont see it if anything his stock is falling... Why would you think his stock is rising...

skipp2myloo13
03-13-2010, 04:27 PM
NT is a need-but who the hell is gunna fill it at 12?
OLb is a need but who fits-
Morgan- 4-3 DE and will most likely be gone
Kindle- strait line player, too much rush not enough technique
Graham-maybe
Griffen-reach but maybe.

FS is a big need and if we can get the best coverage, ball hawking safety in the draft or settle on a good SOLB, im taking the FS (in a passing league) every day. There are no good FS in the second and many good SOLB's later.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Im sorry you have your opinion I have mine and I would like to see Brandon Graham as the first pick we can even trade down and get him later and get more picks... IMO with a pass rush you can make any FS look good in the NFL. Now why do you think Demaryius stock is going up? lol

jlfin
03-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Just not a big fan of him... I will be honest dont know much about earl thomas...
Demaryius will be there at two because this guy was a projected 2 before combine and did not participate in combine or proday because of broken foot then all of a sudden he is a first rounder I dont see it if anything his stock is falling... Why would you think his stock is rising...

You don't know much about him, yet you are not a big fan of his. :confused:
Mayock has him rated above Berry and he thinks he is the most instinctive safety he has seen in the last 5 yrs. Granted, thats just one man's opinion.
I haven't watched him play much either, so I haven't formulated an opinion one way or the other.
Guess I'll have to trust the FO on this one. If they choose Thomas it's because they are as high on him as Mayock is.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 05:54 PM
You don't know much about him, yet you are not a big fan of his. :confused:
Mayock has him rated above Berry and he thinks he is the most instinctive safety he has seen in the last 5 yrs. Granted, thats just one man's opinion.
I haven't watched him play much either, so I haven't formulated an opinion one way or the other.
Guess I'll have to trust the FO on this one. If they choose Thomas it's because they are as high on him as Mayock is.
I dont know much about him but I do know some and that some is he is solid but only way id get him if we trade down he isnt bad dont get me wrong he is good. I just think we should sign sharper so we can draft other needs.. That just my opinion though but if we dont sign him then I want to trade down and get Graham but if we get Earl I wont be mad but I just think OLB is a bigger need and believe a good OLB can make any FS look good... Do you kind of understand where im going?

jlfin
03-13-2010, 06:35 PM
I dont know much about him but I do know some and that some is he is solid but only way id get him if we trade down he isnt bad dont get me wrong he is good. I just think we should sign sharper so we can draft other needs.. That just my opinion though but if we dont sign him then I want to trade down and get Graham but if we get Earl I wont be mad but I just think OLB is a bigger need and believe a good OLB can make any FS look good... Do you kind of understand where im going?

I think OLB is a bigger need also, but I also don't want them reaching for someone. I would not be opposed to them trading down and getting more picks.
I've read all of the mock drafts and most of them have Graham going anywhere from 15 to 25. JPP has been mocked anywhere from top 3 all the way to the end of the 1st rd. I personally think JPP is a huge gamble.
I wouldn't be disappointed with either Morgan, Graham, Kindle, Thomas, Berry or Weatherspoon. But, I think Morgan and Berry have the greatest chances of falling out of the top 10. If they do, I think our FO jumps on them.
The other guys can likely be had between picks 15-21. In that scenario, I would like to see the FO trade down and perhaps pick up an additional 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Like I said, I have faith that the FO has done their homework and will make the right personnel moves.

TheBow305
03-13-2010, 07:57 PM
I'd be ok with these. Only a few problems though. We won't take Brandon Graham, mark my words. And instead of taking two NT's back to back that high, I'd rather take a Safety like Reshad Jones there and grab another NT later on. And instead of taking two ILB's (Namely Sharpton, because he's a terrible fit in our 3-4). I'd just go with Perry and take a CB with the other pick as depth in case we lose both Allen's in FA next year.

drdan
03-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Isn't there a limit of number of draft picks a team is allowed. I thought 12 but am not sure.

rrrrphin
03-13-2010, 10:03 PM
i love the idea of dropping back in the first, and i agree that we are not going to be bringing in 14 draftees. if we fall back in the first, i think we will be moving up a lot to get more target pick in the 3/4 round area.

FinaticalOne
03-13-2010, 10:53 PM
NT is a need-but who the hell is gunna fill it at 12?
OLb is a need but who fits-
Morgan- 4-3 DE and will most likely be gone
Kindle- strait line player, too much rush not enough technique
Graham-maybe
Griffen-reach but maybe.

FS is a big need and if we can get the best coverage, ball hawking safety in the draft or settle on a good SOLB, im taking the FS (in a passing league) every day. There are no good FS in the second and many good SOLB's later.

With free agency simmering down, it going to be interesting how they approach the draft. With the unexpected re-signing of Jason Ferguson, I think that is a sign that the FO is contempt with what they have for one more year. I believe we will be looking at Paul Soliai, Tony McDaniel and Chris Baker rotating in until Ferg comes back after week eight. If they address that position, it will be with a very late draft pick (developmental-type player). Next year, Ferg is another year older (38, I think), they will address that position with an early pick to challenge Solai and company.

Right now, I am on the OLB bandwagon, but I'm starting to like the FS first theory too. But at this time, we don't have any OLBs on our roster who is ready to start, and before anyone can chime in with Cameron Wake, he has not shown he is ready to start full time yet. He is an excellent pass rusher, but he has to work on other areas of his game before he becomes full time. After him, there is NOBODY ELSE, we need at least three OLBs we can depend on game day. We only have one who can rush the passer. So I hope to see at least three more LBs acquired (via draft or FA) this year. Evidently from my mock listed below, you see I like Brandon Graham, and Adrian Tracy. I also like Sergio Kindle, Koa Misi, and Ricky Sapp is starting to grow on me too.

Free Safety is another sore spot for us, and that was long before Gibril was released. I love the prospects Eric Berry and Earl Thomas, I also like Morgan Burnett, Reshad Jones and Major Wright in the mid rounds but these latter three are no where close to Berry or Thomas. If we draft FS (Berry or Thomas) in the first round, we need to draft LB heavy (at least two) in rounds 2 thru 4.

I would like to see us draft Demariyus Thomas in the second round, so that is why I'm not in favor of the FS first theory just yet. If we draft FS first, then that puts us in a position to draft OLB in the second because we don't have any true OLBs on our roster. Drafting an OLB in the first will allows us to draft Thomas in the second and then address the other needs afterwards like my mock listed in my sig.