PDA

View Full Version : Who will fall in the draft?

hemidemon
03-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Every year a star college player falls in the draft. A player expected to go in the top 10 is still there when teams are picking in the 20s. Personally my player is Dez Bryant. The guy has all world talent, but is a head case teams will worry about paying a ton of money. His agent is the same guy that had Crabtree hold out b/c he felt he should have been drafted higher. I think this kid will fall to the latter part of the first round. What player do you think will be the falling star in this year's draft?

skipp2myloo13
03-13-2010, 01:51 PM
i hope he free falls...all the way to 12.

jlfin
03-13-2010, 03:28 PM
i hope he free falls...all the way to 12.

12 would not be a free fall. Stick to the topic and answer the question.

skipp2myloo13
03-13-2010, 03:31 PM

Kinda like how you did, big guy?

jim1
03-13-2010, 03:53 PM

Good God, could you be any more domineering? Read your own quote.

dolfan_101
03-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Lol this thread is a fail so far..
But uhhh, I would have to say hopefully Berry.. And by fall I mean get by the first 5-10 teams. If not then possibly Dez, however with such a lame WR class I would say it is pretty likely a team will snag him early.

rickd13
03-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I think Rolando McClain cold fall out of the top 20.

BESS4LAST
03-13-2010, 04:57 PM
tony washington OT...recently came out as a registered sex offender

bert
03-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Lol this thread is a fail so far..
But uhhh, I would have to say hopefully Berry.. And by fall I mean get by the first 5-10 teams. If not then possibly Dez, however with such a lame WR class I would say it is pretty likely a team will snag him early.
berry maybe.with 2 qb's ,2 d-lineman,2-3 off tackles,1 wr,1 lb,1 def end,1 corner .its going to be close.the question is do we take berry,the olb,or trade down?if we can.still getting a olb or the nt,and picking up a 2nd rounder.

BESS4LAST
03-13-2010, 05:18 PM
berry maybe.with 2 qb's ,2 d-lineman,2-3 off tackles,1 wr,1 lb,1 def end,1 corner .its going to be close.the question is do we take berry,the olb,or trade down?if we can.still getting a olb or the nt,and picking up a 2nd rounder.
TAKE BERRY!!!Top 5 player to drop out of top ten and we need S

dolfan_101
03-13-2010, 05:25 PM
You have to take the best defensive player of the draft in Berry if he falls, especially considering we really do NEED a true FS. Allen, Davis, Smith, Bell and Berry @_____@ boner patrol!

jlfin
03-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Good God, could you be any more domineering? Read your own quote.

I don't have an opinion so I wasn't going to attempt at making any kind of prediction. I opened the thread to see what some of you guys were thinking. I was merely responding to what I thought was a weak response to the thread starter.:tongue2:

bert
03-13-2010, 09:14 PM
also for us to get berry.dez and haden must have big pro days.haden must run a sub 4.4.the browns need cb help.it will be berry or haden.haden said he will run a sub 4.4. how do the browns pass on a 4.3 shut down corner?if haden runs a 4.5 plus. he falls the biggest.

jim1
03-13-2010, 09:18 PM
I don't have an opinion so I wasn't going to attempt at making any kind of prediction. I opened the thread to see what some of you guys were thinking. I was merely responding to what I thought was a weak response to the thread starter.:tongue2:

First rude, now juvenile. Great job.

newlownorder
03-13-2010, 09:27 PM
I could see Brandon Spikes dropping to the 3rd round.

munchkin
03-13-2010, 09:30 PM
McClain,
I think we'll have a legitimate shot at drafting him with our 2nd round pick. He's a good player but was always way overrated, with all the top 10 nonsense. Plus with him having Chrones disease and performing fairly average at his proday along with the fact that ILB's usually get drafted later. He's the guy I'm predicting falls the furthest.

emeraldfin
03-13-2010, 09:32 PM
I think Rolando McClain cold fall out of the top 20.

Thats a good shout. I think one of the top OLB's will also take a tumble, Everson Griffen maybe.

ChambersWI
03-13-2010, 09:37 PM
reports are Spikes will probably go into free fall. He's not expected to run that well to begin with, but he keeps avoiding the 40.

2 guys who aren't 1st rounders but really talented players that could end up undrafted because of character issues are Mike Williams and Perrish Cox.

Markcalius
03-13-2010, 09:41 PM
McClain,
I think we'll have a legitimate shot at drafting him with our 2nd round pick. He's a good player but was always way overrated, with all the top 10 nonsense. Plus with him having Chrones disease and performing fairly average at his proday along with the fact that ILB's usually get drafted later. He's the guy I'm predicting falls the furthest.

Aren't you the guy that proclaimed McClain would slide a long time ago and got crap from everyone? Does look like you might have the last laugh.

By the way, I think that Crohn's Disease thing is much ado about nothing. My dad has it, and it's had almost zero impact on his life. Bigger deal to people who don't have regular access to health care.

thejetssuck
03-13-2010, 09:48 PM
reports are Spikes will probably go into free fall. He's not expected to run that well to begin with, but he keeps avoiding the 40.

2 guys who aren't 1st rounders but really talented players that could end up undrafted because of character issues are Mike Williams and Perrish Cox.

Someone will take a chance on Williams. Though probably not till at least 3rd rd...probably later.

baseballcb95
03-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Aren't you the guy that proclaimed McClain would slide a long time ago and got crap from everyone? Does look like you might have the last laugh.

By the way, I think that Crohn's Disease thing is much ado about nothing. My dad has it, and it's had almost zero impact on his life. Bigger deal to people who don't have regular access to health care.

Does ur dad spend his sundays tackling guys and chasing down people runninng 4.4s? Fending off 300 pound blockers, etc. not dismissing your dad or anything just it is a health concern and is a big risk taking him, plus he is an ilb and they usually fall...

hooshoops
03-13-2010, 10:12 PM
i predict that the draft day faller will be carlos dunlap...one big bag of overrated with off field concerns to boot

you can throw brandon spikes on that list also...third round maybe later

SRM
03-13-2010, 10:15 PM
McClain. There's no way that a linebacker without that headhunter mentality is going top 10.

hooshoops
03-13-2010, 10:18 PM
mcclains going top 20...likely the new york giants at pick #15

#1dolphinsfan
03-13-2010, 10:22 PM
I hope Sean Weatherspoon falls to us in the second I think McClain is going to fall quite a bit

Gadsden86
03-13-2010, 10:48 PM
I think if for some reason. Clausen or Bradford make it past the seahawks 2nd 1st round pick either could fall to the 2nd round.

ChadHenne
03-13-2010, 10:51 PM
I'd just like to say that guys falling in the draft doesn't necessarily mean they were bad players, just a case of scouts not doing their job correctly.

AKA Harvin/Davis/Matthews/Oher/Nicks all falling out of the top 20 last year.

And in response to that question, I'd think that player may be Dez Bryant. I want him as a Fin more than anything, but we know that NFL scouts many times overrate "attitude issues" and completely ignore that players production once they hear the smallest of character issues. Dez may fall pretty far if the Broncos decide not to trade Marshall and the Fins pass for the reasons stated above.

Also, Carlos Dunlap won't be drafted until the 60s, just wait and see.

ChambersWI
03-13-2010, 11:00 PM
I'd just like to say that guys falling in the draft doesn't necessarily mean they were bad players, just a case of scouts not doing their job correctly.

AKA Harvin/Davis/Matthews/Oher/Nicks all falling out of the top 20 last year.

And in response to that question, I'd think that player may be Dez Bryant. I want him as a Fin more than anything, but we know that NFL scouts many times overrate "attitude issues" and completely ignore that players production once they hear the smallest of character issues. Dez may fall pretty far if the Broncos decide not to trade Marshall and the Fins pass for the reasons stated above.

Also, Carlos Dunlap won't be drafted until the 60s, just wait and see.

Some of those guys fall though because they don't take the interview process seriously. A lot of scouts/GMs say that the interviews are the most important part to the pre-draft workouts. They'll grill you with every question imaginable to see what type of person you really are. Or you know, rumors are leaked.

And I'll agree with Dunlap. He showed decent athleticism at the combine, but the fact is he doesn't move laterally well.

NorFlaFin
03-13-2010, 11:00 PM
Rolando McCain - right or wrong Crohn's will cause him to fall.

FinaticalOne
03-13-2010, 11:34 PM
tony washington OT...recently came out as a registered sex offender

holy crap, I think we have a winner.

ChadHenne
03-13-2010, 11:35 PM
holy crap, I think we have a winner.

Just means he'll be drafted by the Dallas Cowboys.

FinaticalOne
03-13-2010, 11:56 PM
Just means he'll be drafted by the Dallas Cowboys.

:lol:

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-14-2010, 12:02 AM
Suh will fall to twelve and we will be confused as h e l l as what to do with our pick.......

AceofSpades
03-14-2010, 12:12 AM
also for us to get berry.dez and haden must have big pro days.haden must run a sub 4.4.the browns need cb help.it will be berry or haden.haden said he will run a sub 4.4. how do the browns pass on a 4.3 shut down corner?if haden runs a 4.5 plus. he falls the biggest.

I agree that Joe Haden has a shot at falling in the draft. His slow 40 time at the Combine really hurt his chances of going in the top 10. I could definitely have seen the Browns taking him at 7 if he'd run a good time, but he'll really need to step it up at his pro day if he wants to be a top-15 pick. Even if NFL execs say that they pay little attention to the Underwear Olympics, the fact that the stock of a quality player with 40 starts at Florida is dropping definitely shows otherwise.

With that said, I think that the Joe Haden dropping story - even if he can somewhat right the ship at his pro day - is as much about how Eric Berry is not going to drop. Every time I check out this forum, people talk about how Berry's one of their 3 top choices with our number 12 pick. I'm sorry, but we scouting experts here at Finheaven aren't the only ones who realize how good Berry is. Suh or McCoy he isn't, but Berry may very well be the 3rd best defensive player in the draft.

If the Rams roll with Bradford, which I think they will, I could see Berry going at #5 to KC very easily. I could see the Browns trying to draft him as a defensive leader now that - with Holmgren - they have competent management. Berry is just not going to make it to us. And for what the Combine's worth, Berry tore it up. He is not going to fall out of the top 10.

Start making plans that don't involve Berry, people. I think that there are a lot of great options for our defensive front 7 at #12, and that's where I see us going.

Markcalius
03-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Does ur dad spend his sundays tackling guys and chasing down people runninng 4.4s? Fending off 300 pound blockers, etc. not dismissing your dad or anything just it is a health concern and is a big risk taking him, plus he is an ilb and they usually fall...

My dad averaged 10 miles a day well into his 70s. Former military, former police. He's active.

McClain does those things you mentioned above despite having the disease.

rent this space
03-14-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't see Berry dropping. he has done absolutely nothing to hurt himself

X-Pacolypse
03-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I think JPP will fall. McClain could fall pretty far as well.

Tupac Shakur
03-14-2010, 12:23 PM
tim tebow

RustyGator
03-14-2010, 01:05 PM
i predict that the draft day faller will be carlos dunlap...one big bag of overrated with off field concerns to boot

you can throw brandon spikes on that list also...third round maybe later

lol. Bias? ^-- this is what I was talking about in the Graham thread. Why don't throw Haden and Tebow on to your list?

Danny
03-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Every year a star college player falls in the draft. A player expected to go in the top 10 is still there when teams are picking in the 20s. Personally my player is Dez Bryant. The guy has all world talent, but is a head case teams will worry about paying a ton of money. His agent is the same guy that had Crabtree hold out b/c he felt he should have been drafted higher. I think this kid will fall to the latter part of the first round. What player do you think will be the falling star in this year's draft?

just about every guard, center and TE will go lower than they should....it happens every year, specially with guards and centers.

Ozzy rules!!

hooshoops
03-14-2010, 05:25 PM
lol. Bias? ^-- this is what I was talking about in the Graham thread. Why don't throw Haden and Tebow on to your list?

bias nothing...you see how stiff dunlap was at the combine???

i did...

b/t i have no horse in the state of florida college teams race...none...no canes no gators no seminoles etc...

Mr. Magoo
03-14-2010, 05:31 PM

So you think if Brandon Spikes runs 4.9 he's still a second round pick? Because I don't.