PDA

View Full Version : Alonzo Mourning forced to retire, needs kidney transplant

TerryTate
11-24-2003, 02:04 PM
His career is over, I hope the heat retire his number...best of luck 'zo, even though i think what u did (sign with NJ) was stupid...

iceblizzard69
11-24-2003, 03:16 PM
That sucks. :( I hope he can get a transplant before it is too late. He tried coming back but his health did not cooperate. :( It sucks that his career has to end like this.

AngryDolphins
11-24-2003, 06:32 PM
I hope everything turns out good for him.

Dolfan02
11-25-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
That sucks. :( I hope he can get a transplant before it is too late. He tried coming back but his health did not cooperate. :( It sucks that his career has to end like this.

From what I heard (I'm no doctor) it takes about 10-15 years before you seriously need a kidney transplant once its considered bad.

Prime Time
11-25-2003, 01:20 AM
I must agree...it sucks that his career ends with a controversial decision on who to sign with and then an injury have to end it. I wish the best of luck to Zo and much success to him in the future.

Muck
11-26-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan02
From what I heard (I'm no doctor) it takes about 10-15 years before you seriously need a kidney transplant once its considered bad.

What you heard is crazy. Obviously every case is different. But it would be nice if people could last 10-15 years once it's determined you need a new kidney. There'd be no waiting lists.

I know a guy that has NO kidney's right now. They had to remove both he was so bad. His kidney's were the size of large grapefruits. He has to heal up for 6 months before they can tough him again.....and he STILL has to wait on the list for a kidney. You can imagine how sick he is without any kidneys. He's on dialysis right now.

The moral of this story.....become an organ donor. Good luck to Zo.

SMadison29
11-26-2003, 01:48 AM
Mourning knew he wasn't going to be the same after he left the game the first time around. He was just tryin gto hold on, a shell of his former self. He was one of the very few big men I liked.