PDA

View Full Version : D-bolt's 2nd try at a mock

D-bolt
03-13-2010, 07:59 PM
I posted this on another fin's site and I figured I post it here too!

1- Brandon Graham OLB Michigan
2- Dennis Pitta TE BYU
3- Reshad Jones S UG
4- Donald Butler ILB Washington
6a- Al Woods DT LSU
6b- Scott Long WR UL
6c- Thomas Austin G/C Clemson
7a- Cameron Sheffield OLB Troy
7b- Stephen Williams WR Toledo

Sorry I had a nice complete writeup on these guys wit links included, but couldn't post it. You can checkout all f thei profiles at nfldraftscout.com. Yes I went with 2 WR's. Both are big and physically gifted receivers that could develop into a #1. I just want to mention that I think we are going to pickup an extra 3rd and 5th somewher befoe the draft along with one late comp pick also.

TheBow305
03-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Eh. I'd be ok with it. Nothing spectacular, but not bad either.

D-bolt
03-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Trust me I contemplated the sexy version of this draft, you know D. Thomas in the 2nd, Cam Thomas in the 3rd, and J.Graham in the 4th, but I came to the realization that the sexy draft isn't this front office M.O. That's why I kept away WR in round 2 and didn't list Misi inround 3 or Cam Thomas.

D-bolt
03-13-2010, 08:11 PM
I just wanted to give you guys a link some S. Williams highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehMxI_i61xE

WaxOn WaxOff
03-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Excellent draft.

13_dolfan_13
03-15-2010, 05:20 AM
i like it...... but i think pitta could be had in the third or maybe even fifth
but he is def my favorit TE in the draft by far

D-bolt
03-15-2010, 08:02 AM
i like it...... but i think pitta could be had in the third or maybe even fifth
but he is def my favorit TE in the draft by far

I'd like to think that he'd be available, but with everyone switching over to the 3-4 it becomes even more prevelant that the TE can go for a big play against those LB's on any down. Remember we are now in a pass driven league so the value of the receiving TE goes way up versus a TE like Fasano who can block and make the short to middle reception. Someone like Dickerson from Pitt in the 90's would have been a mid to late 90's or the early part of this decade, but in todays game it would be shocking to see him make it out of the 2nd round.