PDA

View Full Version : My Realistic Phins Mock Draft

TheBow305
03-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Here's my realistic Mock Draft for the Phins with some analysis for why I believe these guys fit with us and could be our picks. Have at it and let me know what you guys think! :thanks:

1. Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas
-Most Pro-ready OLB in this draft, especially for the 3-4 defense. Has tons of experience playing the pass already and is arguably the top pass rusher in this draft. Above Average against the run and can only improve there. DeMarcus Ware-esque ability and tools that I believe the "Tuna" will fall in love with and would come in a play immediately, probably even start.

2. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
-Another big, physical prospect to continue the FO's trend here. Falls because of the foot injury, but will arguably be the draft's biggest steal here. The big body target we need for Henne to complement our smaller recievers. Will compete for big playing time early until he heals up completely. And at that point, he could take over as a starter, maybe by mid-season next to Hartline.

3. Reshad Jones, FS, Georgia
-We're said to have interest and I believe it. We've seemed to go after the more big, physical FS's through Free Agency and that trend continues here. Big hitter that is a playmaker as well with the ball in the air. We can plug him in at FS day one and he will start.

4. Jimmy Graham, TE, Miami (Fla.)
-I've heard from multiple sources that we are smitten with Mr. Graham. He's another big-bodied guy for Henne in the passing game with loads of potential. He's a local guy as well and probably be a situational guy for his first year until ready.

6. Jeff Owens, NT, Georgia
-Here's our NT of the future. And maybe present as well. Mr. Owens could go even earlier than this, but if he falls here, I think he is our guy. Very productive college player with just some minor injury concerns which cause him to drop. He's not the huge-engulfing NT that some others are, but neither is the guy we've had starting the last couple years, Jason Ferguson. He compares favorably in body type to Ferguson and could be the guy Parcells wants to anchor his defense. I get the feeling they will target someone late (like Owens) and start Soliai day one while rotating the other guy in.

6. Cameron Sheffield, OLB, Troy
-Another conversion guy we can bring in that fits that OLB mold that the Trifecta like. Could be a good special teamer while competing for PT.

6. A.J. Jefferson, CB, Fresno State
-Some Corner depth here in case both Allen's are gone next season. He blew up the combine and has the size we typically look for in our DB's/CB's.

7. Jay Ross, NT, Eastern Carolina
-Late round NT prospect here to come in and compete for the job with Owens and Soliai until Ferguson comes back.

7. Lonyae Miller, RB, Fresno State
-Very good running back prospect that gave way to first rounder Ryan Mathews is Senior year. I believe there are some injury concerns. But he is a big back, that can be productive and provide insurance for when Ricky and/or Ronnie leave Miami.

:hi5:

MiamiDolfan85
03-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Reshad Jones would be a huge reach at 43....When we could have Morgan Burnett,Chad Jones,Major Wright,among others....Switch Demariyus with Reshad,and its acceptable....by the way,this post was brought to you by The MiamiDolfan85 campaign:

Want more drinks,more sex,more babies???

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/thumbsup1-1.gif?t=1268509009

(P.S. The MiamiDolfan85 campaign is willing and able to provide all the drinks desired.As for the sex and the babies,thats more of a personal issue,and we will not be held responsible for sadness,depression,irectile disfunction,HIV,Aids,pregnancy,baby-momma drama,authritius in right hand,groan pull,charlie horse,authritius in the left hand,among other variations...)

newlownorder
03-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I thought you said realistic.

#1dolphinsfan
03-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Put Thomas in the second and Jones in the third and it looks good

jim1
03-13-2010, 09:19 PM

Exactly. Otherwise it's good.

JCfinfan
03-13-2010, 09:27 PM

Thats what I was thinking. No way Thomas lasts until 3. He will probably go late 1st.

uga3406
03-13-2010, 09:36 PM
I thought you said realistic.

ROFL :lol::lol::lol:

TheBow305
03-13-2010, 09:51 PM
ROFL :lol::lol::lol:

Lol at all you guys thinking you know where these guys will go. Go back and look at my mock draft from last year for us. All the players I had lasted to those picks, as unlikely as it was.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/my-dream-dolphins-draft-09-a-245356.html
And the only reason White didn't last was because WE took him. Probably should've been a 3rd rounder or later.

We will see. But I will switch it if it makes you guys happy. :rolleyes:

hooshoops
03-13-2010, 10:21 PM
i thought gary sheffield played baseball...

Quadfather
03-13-2010, 10:30 PM
haha, gary sheffield...

Danny
03-13-2010, 10:55 PM
We might take Thomas but if we do it'll have to be in round one cause he won't be there at 43.

Ozzy rules!!

FinaticalOne
03-13-2010, 11:07 PM
This is a pretty good mock, very similar to mine as far as addressing needs in specific rounds. Most on this board believes Jimmy Graham will be long gone in the fourth, I think there is a chance he could be there, but the chance is more like 40-60% that he will not be there. If he isn't there, Dennis Pitta would be a good pick. I don't like the Sheffield pick, the guy is way too slow (4.9 40), we don't need any more slow LBs, I rather have Adrian Tracy with that pick. The Jeff Owens pick is intriguing, I've been considering him too, but did not put him in my mock but I would not mine drafting him.

bdhock
03-14-2010, 12:10 AM
I like this draft and it seems realistic to me. a lot of the online mocks have Thomas going in the mid 2nd round and Jones in the third.

Phin-Phan 66
03-14-2010, 01:08 AM
I love Finaticals draft, but would put BENN as my second round WR

SamIam
03-14-2010, 01:18 AM
I like the mock... where do I sign