PDA

View Full Version : ChadHenne's Top 20 mock draft

ChadHenne
03-13-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm just making this up on the fly. I usually don't put complete thought into who goes where until a few weeks before draft day. However, as of today, this is how I would see things going. All of this is very subject to change.

1. St Louis Rams- Sam Bradford
2. Detroit Lions- Ndamukong Suh
3. Tampa Bay Bucs- Gerald McCoy
4. Washington Redskins- Jimmy Clausen
5. KC Chiefs- Russell Okung
6. Seattle Seahawks- Eric Berry
7. Cleveland Browns- Joe Haden
8. Oakland Raiders- Bruce Campbell
9. Buffalo Bills- Trent Williams
10. Jacksonville Jaguars- Jason Pierre Paul
11. Denver Broncos- Dez Bryant
12. Miami Dolphins- Earl Thomas
13. SF 49ers- CJ Spiller
14. Seattle Seahawks- Derrick Morgan
15. NY Giants- Rolando McClain
16. Tennessee Titans- Everson Griffen
17. SF 49ers- Brian Bulaga
18. Pittsburgh Steelers- Kyle Wilson
19. Atlanta Falcons- Brandon Graham
20. Houston Texans- Jonathon Dwyer

Dolphins pick is simple, big need, very good player, perfect match. I love Brandon Graham as much as anybody else, but when it comes down to it, we still have guys who can get to the quarterback on this team right now. What we lack is a FS who has shown a true ability to be good in coverage. Earl Thomas was fantastic at Texas in that area, thus the pick.

If anybody has any disputes with any of the other picks, feel free to speak your mind.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Derrick Morgan will be a dolphin if he is there..

ColonelJ
03-13-2010, 11:15 PM

I just hope we can trade #12 and future picks to move up and get Berry if he drops down to 6.

ChadHenne
03-13-2010, 11:16 PM

Why exactly? There only reports that he is "picking up steam" with the Dolphins, and we're still a month and a half away from the draft, got a lot of time before you should be saying anything with any of kind of definity.

Morgan hasn't shown consistant dominance while at Georgia Tech. This is a bad comparison, because their games aren't EXACTLY alike, but he could easily become an Aaron Maybin kind of draft pick if we take him. A guy who had a great final season in college, teams become infatuated by his physical stature, and take him way too early. Granted, he is far from the most bust likely player in this draft, but he has shown to be quite sporadic in college. I'd like to see the Dolphins steer clear of Morgan.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Why exactly? There only reports that he is "picking up steam" with the Dolphins, and we're still a month and a half away from the draft, got a lot of time before you should be saying anything with any of kind of definity.

Morgan hasn't shown consistant dominance while at Georgia Tech. This is a bad comparison, because their games aren't EXACTLY alike, but he could easily become an Aaron Maybin kind of draft pick if we take him. A guy who had a great final season in college, teams become infatuated by his physical stature, and take him way too early. Granted, he is far from the most bust likely player in this draft, but he has shown to be quite sporadic in college. I'd like to see the Dolphins steer clear of Morgan.

That is just my opinion I believe we will take the best available OLB with are first inless dez or berry is there...

ChadHenne
03-13-2010, 11:27 PM
The best available OLB is going to be Brandon Graham.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 11:34 PM
The best available OLB is going to be Brandon Graham.

In alot of mock drafts I see Morgan would most likely be best available...

ChadHenne
03-13-2010, 11:36 PM
In alot of mock drafts I see Morgan would most likely be best available...

And in a lot of mocks last year, Aaron Maybin was listed ahead of Brian Orakpo as the best DE available, doesn't mean Morgan is a better player than Graham.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 11:42 PM
And in a lot of mocks last year, Aaron Maybin was listed ahead of Brian Orakpo as the best DE available, doesn't mean Morgan is a better player than Graham.

I never said he was but if Bills draft board is like most mocks he will take Morgan if he is there but personally I would want Graham...

hemidemon
03-14-2010, 01:05 AM
I just hope we can trade #12 and future picks to move up and get Berry if he drops down to 6.
Don't hold your breath. This is a deep draft. This team is looking to add draft picks. Not trade them away.

FinsFanatic777
03-14-2010, 01:10 AM
Jacksonville won't/can't take a pass rusher. They spent a 1st, 2nd, and just signed Aaron Kampman for $11 million. They've invested too much, and I don't think they will take another risk on a pass rusher because they can't give up on Derrick Harvey/Quintin Groves too soon.

greasyObnoxious
03-14-2010, 04:43 AM
Jacksonville won't/can't take a pass rusher. They spent a 1st, 2nd, and just signed Aaron Kampman for $11 million. They've invested too much, and I don't think they will take another risk on a pass rusher because they can't give up on Derrick Harvey/Quintin Groves too soon.

why not? the vast majority on here has already given up on Pat White, Patrick Turner, John Nalbone etc.

skipp2myloo13
03-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Morgan just doesnt look like he can do the whole OLB thing. He can, i mean... idk. He can do it, but i just dont see him preforming out of position enough to warrant the 12th overall pick. Like future all pro ball hawk-ET or B. Graham. Those guys are worth the pick, another out of position guy, idk.

Ricky4Life
03-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Unless someone drops like Berry or Bryant, I think we will try and trade down and then draft best OLB in the first.

showstopper
03-14-2010, 12:04 PM
When comparing 2 players, try to look at common opponents. Graham and Morgan both played against Iowa and Bulaga and their talented offensive line. Result, Graham 2 sacks and played a strong game, Morgan invisible.