PDA

View Full Version : Name a player that would make you mad if we drafted him?

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Im talking about a realistic player that bill could actually get in the first round...

VT Dolphan
03-13-2010, 11:27 PM
J.P.P., Taylor Mays, Dan Williams

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Im thinking the same as you

FinaticalOne
03-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Jason Paul-Pierre, although a great looking prospect, his notoriety is based more on potential than production. I rather draft a proven player that has been very productive in college. I understand JPP is a high reward type player, but there is still a risk drafting him that high.

ColonelJ
03-13-2010, 11:30 PM
IF we draft a guy at 12 who will not start I will be mad. That position is: LT, RT, QB, RB, SILB, SS, NT, DE. We could take McClain or Weatherspoon at WILB at that's ok. We could take any of the OLBs. We could take a WR to replace Ginn. We could take OG. We could take a CB or FS. All that is OK.

emeraldfin
03-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Pierre-Paul or Sergio Kindle (to some extent).

Spesh
03-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Tim Tebow(goes for the second round as well...)

ChambersWI
03-14-2010, 12:21 AM
JPP. Potential will ruin a team more than help it. Atleast the 2 CBs we drafted based on potential last year (Vontae and Smith) were 3 year starters. I want nothing to do with a one year player with character issues.

I would've said Sergio Kindle, but I'm slowly warming up to the idea of drafting him. Truth be told, as bad as he is against the run, he's a great pass rusher, experienced, and not a finished prospect.

I wouldn't be mad with CJ Spiller or Dan Williams, but I would be disappointed. Only player I want on offense in round 1 at 12 is Dez Bryant. As for Williams, the rookie year for a NT is usually the same as a redshirt year.

flynryan15
03-14-2010, 12:24 AM
McCluster! We made a mistake with a undersized luxury pick last year and we better not repeat it!

COphinphan89
03-14-2010, 12:46 AM
Taylor Mays

hemidemon
03-14-2010, 12:58 AM
I'm on board with Taylor Mays.

hemidemon
03-14-2010, 01:01 AM
JPP. Potential will ruin a team more than help it. Atleast the 2 CBs we drafted based on potential last year (Vontae and Smith) were 3 year starters. I want nothing to do with a one year player with character issues.

I would've said Sergio Kindle, but I'm slowly warming up to the idea of drafting him. Truth be told, as bad as he is against the run, he's a great pass rusher, experienced, and not a finished prospect.

I wouldn't be mad with CJ Spiller or Dan Williams, but I would be disappointed. Only player I want on offense in round 1 at 12 is Dez Bryant. As for Williams, the rookie year for a NT is usually the same as a redshirt year.
People are gonna say I'm nuts but I would rather have Spiller than Dez. Spiller does it all. RB, WR, ST, and he is a home run threat everytime he touches the ball. He's also a good kid with NO baggage.

FinaticalOne
03-14-2010, 01:15 AM

Me too, about Kindle. If you asked me two weeks ago, I would've said no to Kindle too, but my opinion has changed about him since then.

TheBow305
03-14-2010, 04:01 AM
Dan Williams wouldn't make me mad, but that would be the closest, because it's not exciting AT ALL. Not that I'd be mad, just a little disappointed. I don't think there's anybody that we could take in the 1st this year that would make me mad.

Tons of options in the 2nd that would piss me off. Some include Brandon LaFell, Tim Tebow, Cam Thomas or Brandon Spikes. Also, any 5 Tech defensive tackle or end.

greasyObnoxious
03-14-2010, 04:39 AM
Tim Tebow, Taylor Mays, Terrence Cody (wouldn't mind him in round 2 though), Jared Odrick

Clipse
03-14-2010, 05:19 AM
Words could not describe how pissed off I would be if I had to hear "With the 12th pick, the Miami Dolphins select, USC Safety Taylor Mays". Tim Tebow and Reggie Bush... I mean CJ Spiller would be close seconds.

newlownorder
03-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Dan Williams, JPP, Tim Tebow, McCluster, Taylor Mays, Sergio Kindle.

3rdandinches
03-14-2010, 08:44 AM
T.Ginn....oh to late!

I won't be mad at any pick, I may not agree with it but hopefully it turns out great. Really even the so called experts on this site don't know a lick compared to the guys that have been told what to look for and spend all their time finding these types of players for our FO/CS. So who are we to say their wrong on a pick, except of course when 3 years go by and 20/20 vision kicks in, lol!

PhinsTD
03-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Rolando McClain, Taylor Mays & JPP.

PhinsTD
03-14-2010, 09:50 AM
T.Ginn....oh to late!

I won't be mad at any pick, I may not agree with it but hopefully it turns out great. Really even the so called experts on this site don't know a lick compared to the guys that have been told what to look for and spend all their time finding these types of players for our FO/CS. So who are we to say their wrong on a pick, except of course when 3 years go by and 20/20 vision kicks in, lol!

I'm not sure I agree with this. Some teams are poor at drafting, and eventually their scouts/FO people get fired.

If you go back through time, players that were widely considered to be turds/overrated talents/reaches far more often than average turn out to bust than players considered good value or exceptional talent/character combos.

I've looked it up before (prior to last years draft), and it's pretty astonishing how much higher those types of players bust over the average bust percentage. This was for the first 3 rounds only, after that, it's kind of a high "fail" percentage all the way around.

skipp2myloo13
03-14-2010, 10:14 AM
LaFell (anywhere) Williams, Kindle, JPP, Morgan.

BARF
03-14-2010, 10:19 AM
pat white, oh wait that happen already

Morey161
03-14-2010, 10:32 AM
J.P.P., Taylor Mays, Dan Williams

I understand the first two picks but Dan Williams? That would be stupid to get mad at. We do not have a young NT the whole 3-4 scheme is based on a good NT that can take up blockers so the LB's can make the tackles. It's not a sexy pick but it's a much needed pick. Ray Lewis a couple of years ago told the Ravens front office that they need to get Ngata.

3rdandinches
03-14-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure I agree with this. Some teams are poor at drafting, and eventually their scouts/FO people get fired.

If you go back through time, players that were widely considered to be turds/overrated talents/reaches far more often than average turn out to bust than players considered good value or exceptional talent/character combos.

I've looked it up before (prior to last years draft), and it's pretty astonishing how much higher those types of players bust over the average bust percentage. This was for the first 3 rounds only, after that, it's kind of a high "fail" percentage all the way around.

Agreed, but really what has our FO done for you to think that would happen with us?

1st Draft-
1. J.Long OT-Starter, already considered top 5
2. P.Merling DE-Solid back up
2. C.Henne QB-Starter,potential star
3. K.Langford DE-Starter, solid player
4. S.Murphy OL-Didn't workout
6. J.Parmele RB-ST's player
6. D.Thomas OL-Starter, big potential but still needs to realize it
6. L.Hillard RB-Better then average back up
7. L.Dotson DL-Still finding his way

2nd Draft-
1. V.Davis CB-Starter, huge upside
2. P.White QB-Puzzling decision but does have potential
2. S.Smith CB-Starter, huge upside
3. P.Turner WR-Still developing and will surprise people how good he'll be
4. B.Hartline WR-Starter, huge upside
5. J.Nalbone TE- Needs more time to develope
5. C.Clemons FS-Needs some more seasoning but has shown tremendous upside
6. A.Gardner OL-Solid depth pick
7. JD.Folsom OLB-Flyer pick

I can't see how anyone can complain about these drafts.....
2 years: 7 starters atleast 4 solid rotational guys and still more potential developing. Now that's called developing a team!

People may not like certain picks but you can't argue with the whole picture. That's why I believe the FO will make the right decision with not only a 1st pick but many more this year aswell.

rent this space
03-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Kindle. I have done a lot of partying in my life but I have never driven my car into an apartment building...

X-Pacolypse
03-14-2010, 11:41 AM
JPP, and Tim Tebow.

Cloudy
03-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Jason Paul-Pierre, although a great looking prospect, his notoriety is based more on potential than production. I rather draft a proven player that has been very productive in college. I understand JPP is a high reward type player, but there is still a risk drafting him that high.

My sentiments exactly. One year of production isn't enough for me to warrant drafting in the first round.

PHAZINPHINZPHAN
03-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Golden Tate

ShaBam
03-14-2010, 01:30 PM
I understand the first two picks but Dan Williams? That would be stupid to get mad at. We do not have a young NT the whole 3-4 scheme is based on a good NT that can take up blockers so the LB's can make the tackles. It's not a sexy pick but it's a much needed pick. Ray Lewis a couple of years ago told the Ravens front office that they need to get Ngata.

LOL @ the comparison of Dan Williams to Haloti Ngata....not even close as prospects.

Just beause we don't have a NT does not mean we waste the #12 pick on a project NT that may not even be able to play the position. Waste of a pick. If we take him or Odrick I will lose my mind.

Phinatic8u
03-14-2010, 02:09 PM
LOL @ the comparison of Dan Williams to Haloti Ngata....not even close as prospects.

Just beause we don't have a NT does not mean we waste the #12 pick on a project NT that may not even be able to play the position. Waste of a pick. If we take him or Odrick I will lose my mind.

The only true NT is Cody. Everybody else played DT and would need tp be taught NT. Cody played NT but he in no way deserves a 1st Rd selection 2nd i would be estatic

MiamiDolfan85
03-14-2010, 02:10 PM
anyone not named Brandon Graham....

Danny
03-14-2010, 04:02 PM
JPP or Mays and if we got Cody at 12 I'd brake something

Ozzy rules!!

NRA
03-14-2010, 06:20 PM
DAN WILLIAMS.

i am so SICK of seeing NT next to his name when he is a DT!!

he came from a 4-3 and played dt there his whole time. he also
isnt winning any contests for strength [something a NT has to have].

i am just hearing his name whispered in to many circles. right after the
combine the very first buzz about the finz was how in love sparano
was with dan williams.

my knees are still shaking. :(

#1dolphinsfan
03-14-2010, 06:29 PM
If we still have Ronnie then cj spiller would make me happy in the first round and Dexter muccluster anywhere before the 4th round I wouldn't like at all

NRA
03-14-2010, 06:31 PM
As for Williams, the rookie year for a NT is usually the same as a redshirt year.

EXPECIALLY when your NOT a nose tackle.

ckparrothead
03-14-2010, 06:46 PM
Most every guy you'd get pissed at having taken sort of depends on the price tag.

But I'll name a guy I'd be pissed about regardless of price tag...and that is Tim Tebow.

Mulverizer19
03-14-2010, 07:38 PM
I'll agree with everyone on JPP, Mays, Tebow...but why not Sergio Kindle???? Have you not seen this guy play? He's an absolute beast and I'm hoping we take him at 12. Bash me all you want.

j-off-her-doll
03-14-2010, 07:56 PM
I'll agree with everyone on JPP, Mays, Tebow...but why not Sergio Kindle???? Have you not seen this guy play? He's an absolute beast and I'm hoping we take him at 12. Bash me all you want.

He's a good player, but I like a few OLB's/potential OLB's (Grahm, Morgan, Hughes, Griffen) much better. With the possible exception of Morgan, we'll likely have our pick at 12. But, I wouldn't be made at the selection . . . just anxious.

Roman529
03-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Im talking about a realistic player that bill could actually get in the first round...

Taylor Mays

Elliott 1
03-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Any OLB taken in the 1st round. It just isn't necessary this year.

fin_fan23
03-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Pat White... ah, my bad.

fin_fan23
03-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Any OLB taken in the 1st round. It just isn't necessary this year.

you would be angry with an OLB in the first? I know it's deep, but Bill may see that as an even better reason to double up... who would you prefer at 12?

munchkin
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
DAN WILLIAMS.

i am so SICK of seeing NT next to his name when he is a DT!!

he came from a 4-3 and played dt there his whole time. he also
isnt winning any contests for strength [something a NT has to have].

i am just hearing his name whispered in to many circles. right after the
combine the very first buzz about the finz was how in love sparano
was with dan williams.

my knees are still shaking. :(

Dan Williams will be drafted to play NT in the NFL. He has the potential to be a quality Nose Tackle

H. Ngata on the other hand is a DE in the 3-4 system. K. Gregg is the NT for the Ravens.

It would be hard to get excited on draft day if D.Williams is the fins 1st pick, although it may be the smart move.

Pope Shula XIV
03-14-2010, 09:58 PM
I'd say JPP for many of the same reasons already mentioned. He would be a potential-based pick. That's fine for the 3rd round and beyond, not the 12th pick in the draft.

I'm not sure what I think about Dan Williams at #12. He is a good player that would help the team and I do see him as a starter. The only thing about him is that he isn't a playmaker. I'd like to get more bang out of our buck at #12. I see about five nose tackles in this draft that could legitimately start for us next year.

Ozfin77
03-14-2010, 11:25 PM
Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Tim Tebow, Sergio Kindle

finner
03-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Douche Bag

Aqua and Orange
03-14-2010, 11:55 PM

Agreed. Without getting a veteran free agent besides Dansby, we NEED these picks to count and work out. Let some other team take a chance.

I'd also hate if we got Tebow. Sorry Gators fans.

foozool13
03-15-2010, 12:34 AM
I will be upset if we take anything other than OLB, WR (Dez Bryant only), RB (Spiller only), or S (Berry or Thomas) - Basically we MUST get a 3 down player...NT needs to wait until round 3 or later because they are GENERALLY not impact player right away and usually 2 down players at first.

state06
03-15-2010, 12:45 AM
likely #12 picks that i'd be pissed with...

mays
JPP
Tebow
Morgan..just because i see him more as a DE and think Graham, other conversion guys will be better at OLB.

...I would LOVE Thomas (Berry?) or Graham

...wouldn't mind Kindle, Williams, McClain, Dez, Spiller

Awsi Dooger
03-15-2010, 03:15 AM
I'll identify several:

* Jason Paul-Pierre

If you're a freak you should also be a blue blood, a guy who was a blue chip recruit at a major school. I don't want any part of the wandering crowd at #12. Besides, he sounds like a dunce, horribly inarticulate. I'm old enough to remember the glory years and how intelligent those players sounded and acted, one by one. Then it quickly fell apart when we detoured to goofs like Darryl Carlton and Donald Reese.

* Rolando McLain

Troubled by his planted feet and indecision at the point of attack, and the jogging when he decides he's out of the play. I actually think he's a better blitzer than generally conceded. College LBs have to chase athletic QBs, and great variance of offensive style week to week. Fast forward to stationary juicy QB targets in a pro attack and I like to give benefit of a doubt that blitzing will translate better than it may appear in college

* Derrick Morgan

Just a feeling that he's not special enough to be a standout pro. No doubt he'll be good. Several times I expected a burst and he didn't get there, particularly in big games

* Taylor Mays

Poor angles and instincts. It was so comforting when this franchise actually had a smart resourceful secondary, and similar with the Canes in the Ed Reed era. I don't want a guy who thinks he's a human pinball

* Dez Bryant

I wouldn't dislike this pick. Dez was a blue chipper out of high school and has maintained elite aura. But I worry his hands are significantly less natural and dependable than high picks like Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson or Crabtree. Besides, Big 12 pass defense is horrid, among the softest I've ever seen among major conferences. It's going to be a jolt transferring to the NFL and tight coverage. Big 12 pass defense was particularly inept in 2008 when Dez put up his big numbers. It improved in 2009 but he missed virtually all of conference play. I'd worry that Dez would initially be a disappointment. Plus the character issues need to be checked. I wouldn't discount them. I bet plenty of FAU and FIU games. In 2007 I remember Bryant was out for the FAU game but the reason wasn't specified. Recently I read that he was late for a team meeting, which falls in line with other claims.

MP-Omnis
03-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Tebow or Pierre-Paul.

ckparrothead
03-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Based on what I've seen of Dez, I believe his hands are very natural and refined. It's not just that he makes the circus grab. On routine catches he sticks his hands out front and snatches the ball with good hand form instead of letting it into or even close to his body. That experience and discipline provides the foundation for the circus grabs you see.

The Georgia game was an interesting one to watch in 2009. He had 3 catches for 77 yards and 2 TDs. They played him tight, they double teamed him. Heck, they sent players at him with an order to snuff him out with cheap shots even after the play was over, to try and rattle him. And about the double teams, you can watch a lot of college games and not come across a defense actually sending two DBs to the line of scrimmage, tight on one WR like he was about to be a flier on a punt. But that's what Georgia did on a 3rd & Long, just because they were that worried Dez would do something crazy. He definitely was a little rattled by the cheap shots, but he also got his revenge with the two TDs, one of them a real long one where he beat the pants off the safety that had been cheap shotting him.

NRA
03-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Dan Williams will be drafted to play NT in the NFL. He has the potential to be a quality Nose Tackle

MUNCHKIN: why is he a consensus pick at NT? he has played his whole college
career at DT in a 4-3. thats where he made his name, not at NT.

all of a sudden a tv guy or board guru somewhere says williams COULD be
drafted as a NT PROSPECT and all of a sudden he has NT fixed permantly
to his name.

he is most likely to be drafted by a 4-3 team to play DT, where he has been
all the time.

he has proven himself as a 4-3 DT. never played NT. not a real strong guy at
all. so why is he a lock to be taken by a 3-4 team as a NT? expecially hi in the
draft where you NEVER draft a prospect or hope so type.

teams get into serious trouble when they get paranoid over a need spot and then
reach TALL for prospect type players. and dan williams would be a HUGE reach
at #12 with the idea of him being a NT. in fact, it would be risky doing that as
he really hasnt shown the strength or leverage skills needed to play the position
at a hi level.

we aleady have solei, so why another hope he pans out, mediocre at best NT
wanna be?

i can almost promise you that there are many, many more 4-3 teams looking
at him than 3-4 teams. his hype is starting to reach mythic proportions!!

munchkin
03-15-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm not under the impression that there is a great amount of hype surrounding D.Williams. It seems there is a general consensus he has potential to be a quality NT in the NFL. With quality NT's being very hard to find, Williams has more value.

I don't think I've even heard the word dominant used when describing D.Williams. Seems like SOLID would be more appropriate.

justdev7
03-16-2010, 05:17 AM
We could take McClain or Weatherspoon at WILB at that's ok. .

I would love to have either guy but what do we with Crowder?

Ozfin77
03-16-2010, 05:35 AM
I would love to have either guy but what do we with Crowder?

Trade him and his mouth some place else.....lol

JCane
03-16-2010, 05:36 AM
Kim Shebow

jim1
03-16-2010, 09:40 AM
Kim Shebow

The idiotic posts just keep rolling in- I think that there's a good chance that he ends up in the AFC East- we'll see how happy you are in a couple of years.

jim1
03-16-2010, 09:43 AM
MUNCHKIN: why is he a consensus pick at NT? he has played his whole college
career at DT in a 4-3. thats where he made his name, not at NT.

all of a sudden a tv guy or board guru somewhere says williams COULD be
drafted as a NT PROSPECT and all of a sudden he has NT fixed permantly
to his name.

he is most likely to be drafted by a 4-3 team to play DT, where he has been
all the time.

he has proven himself as a 4-3 DT. never played NT. not a real strong guy at
all. so why is he a lock to be taken by a 3-4 team as a NT? expecially hi in the
draft where you NEVER draft a prospect or hope so type.

teams get into serious trouble when they get paranoid over a need spot and then
reach TALL for prospect type players. and dan williams would be a HUGE reach
at #12 with the idea of him being a NT. in fact, it would be risky doing that as
he really hasnt shown the strength or leverage skills needed to play the position
at a hi level.

we aleady have solei, so why another hope he pans out, mediocre at best NT
wanna be?

i can almost promise you that there are many, many more 4-3 teams looking
at him than 3-4 teams. his hype is starting to reach mythic proportions!!

How many college players play NT in a 3/4 defense? Seriously, please clarify this issue for me. UVA played a 3/4, who else. The guy is 6-2, 327- he's a college DT with nearly prototypical NFL NT size- where do you expect him to be listed? If he plays in a 4/3 he's listed at DT. If he plays in a 3/4 he's listed at NT. Big deal.

JayFin327
03-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Any Quarterback in the 2nd round...

reese13
03-16-2010, 03:02 PM
The Georgia game was an interesting one to watch in 2009. He had 3 catches for 77 yards and 2 TDs. They played him tight, they double teamed him. Heck, they sent players at him with an order to snuff him out with cheap shots even after the play was over, to try and rattle him. And about the double teams, you can watch a lot of college games and not come across a defense actually sending two DBs to the line of scrimmage, tight on one WR like he was about to be a flier on a punt. But that's what Georgia did on a 3rd & Long, just because they were that worried Dez would do something crazy. He definitely was a little rattled by the cheap shots, but he also got his revenge with the two TDs, one of them a real long one where he beat the pants off the safety that had been cheap shotting him.

The georgia game is not a good game to look at. Their secondary was terrible this year aside from Reshad Jones. I think they had 5 different Qbs have season high passing games vs them this year. And that safety that was cheap shotting him and was later burned was bryan evans. he was the worst UGA safety in as long as i can remember..i mean he was awful

reese13
03-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Taylor Mays, Brandon Spikes