6b. LeRoy Vann, CB/KR, Florida A&M

7a. O'Brien Schofield, OLB, Wisconsin

7b. Joe Webb, WR, UAB

7c. Kurt Coleman, FS, Ohio State

UDFA:
Kevin Matthews, C, Texas A&M
Gerald Munns, ILB, Arizona State
Trey Bryant, NT, Baylor

generally, i think this looks like a realistic scenario. Worilds may drop a bit due to shoulder concerns. Quarless could be picked a lot higher based on potential, but he's a bit of a headcase. nonetheless, he's got the skillset to develop into a complete TE in the NFL. as for WR, i think we're not in a good position to bring one in. Bryant will be gone at #12 IMO. Demaryius will probably not last until #43. behind those guys, i'm not sold on very high on anyone else. next year's class looks a bit deeper in that regard. RB could be an option, but isn't a "must". if someone falls to us, maybe.

ColonelJ
03-14-2010, 05:30 AM
I like the the first two picks. I also like Schoefield and coleman. Good picks but don't think they will be there in the seventh. Joe Webb is a "take-achance" pick. Don't like Worilds, Ross and Quarless. Worilds and Gibson are the same type of player. Fourth round is too high for Ross. Quarless is not the type of TE I would go after. But Earl Thomas and Thaddeus Gibson could be starters and make immediate impact next year. I like it. We need to find starters in rounds 3 and 4 as well.

greasyObnoxious
03-14-2010, 05:41 AM
I like the the first two picks. I also like Schoefield and coleman. Good picks but don't think they will be there in the seventh. Joe Webb is a "take-achance" pick. Don't like Worilds, Ross and Quarless. Worilds and Gibson are the same type of player. Fourth round is too high for Ross. Quarless is not the type of TE I would go after. But Earl Thomas and Thaddeus Gibson could be starters and make immediate impact next year. I like it. We need to find starters in rounds 3 and 4 as well.

Schofield has a torn ACL, so he might drop all the way to round 7. he's not going to play in 2010. Coleman could go higher, i agree.

IMO Worilds has a better burst off the snap. he could play WOLB as well. it's both depth as well as insurance. he's had three shoulder surgeries, which could be a concern though.

we're forcing our hands a bit on Ross. i don't think he would be available in round 6. since we don't have a 5th, it's either a 4th for him or missing out on him completely.

i think Quarless is exactly the type of TE our FO is after. he's a dangerous receiver but also has the potential to be a good blocker.

finding immediate starters in rounds 3 and 4 is pure luck. you can increase your odds by picking positions which generally don't get picked too high, like G or TE, but generally speaking any immediate contributions from round 3 on down is a plus. that's not to say those players won't ever amount to anything, but those players are picked lower for a reason.

ColonelJ
03-14-2010, 05:51 AM
I would not take a NT before the sixth round. NT will be a project and not a contributor. I understand the Worilds pick. The guy is an insurance for Gibson, and has talent. I just think with Gibson and Thomas you have addressed two major needs on defense. At least, instead of Ross, you should go CB or WR or TE. I think there is better value than Ross on the offensive side in the 4th round. (Quarless is out of control. Very erratic.)

greasyObnoxious
03-14-2010, 06:12 AM
I would not take a NT before the sixth round. NT will be a project and not a contributor. I understand the Worilds pick. The guy is an insurance for Gibson, and has talent. I just think with Gibson and Thomas you have addressed two major needs on defense. At least, instead of Ross, you should go CB or WR or TE. I think there is better value than Ross on the offensive side in the 4th round. (Quarless is out of control. Very erratic.)

i disagree about NT. i think we need a contributor until Ferguson is reinstated. maybe McDaniel and Baker can hold down the NT position for the time being. i don't know. it's a risk depending on that IMO. i'd be a lot more comfortable to have a natural NT platooning with Soliai.

i thought about John Jerry in round 4, but there's a good chance he's gone by then. maybe Jeff Byers. i guess we just have to disagree on Ross.

ColonelJ
03-14-2010, 06:27 AM
Cool. Yeah, I disagree on Ross because Ross is rated as a late seventh rounder. If picking NT, then Torrell Troupe or even Linval Joseph, Jeff Owens would be better selections. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1621669?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

greasyObnoxious
03-14-2010, 06:41 AM
Cool. Yeah, I disagree on Ross because Ross is rated as a late seventh rounder. If picking NT, then Torrell Troupe or even Linval Joseph, Jeff Owens would be better selections. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1621669?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

i haven't seen him that low. anyway, Jeff Owens is someone i can agree on

skipp2myloo13
03-14-2010, 10:22 AM
I like Worilds and Thomas. Gibbson is a solid realistic pick (even though i think someone surprising may fall). Good value everywhere else, IMO. Well done.