PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency Finz<jets

MIA 23 DOLFAN
03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
if they land LT... and some how manage to get BM from the broncos.. we are doomed and all of you know it. they have been makin moves, and they are our competition. Next year their defense will be twice as good.. already... and the draft hasn't even arrived.. and we just made a man who has never made the pro bowl the richest LB in the league (i love dansby, but just sayin) these old school BP tactics are fading. players are more selfish now adays. THEY WANT MONEY. you dish it out they play. we have made it know were not dishing out sh**. The jets 09 d plus cromartie and pool and the jets old offense minus jones and plus brandon marshall and LT doesn't even need a draft...
LETS MAKE MOVES, GO FINZ.
the draft is not the answer to this years success, it is for the future. i want to win now. Its about time we get a playoff win, wnough "rebuilding" STACK

SuperMarksBros.
03-14-2010, 05:44 PM
The jets are having a better offseason because they signed Cromartie(lol), and are significantly downgrading from Thomas Jones to LT? kthx

dFinsRule
03-14-2010, 05:45 PM
The Redskins dish it out every year in free agency and look how well they've done! Wasting money on over rated old players is not the answer, good drafting is the key.

greasyObnoxious
03-14-2010, 05:47 PM
i'm perfectly fine if the LB "who never made the Pro Bowl" reaches that status here.

kud
03-14-2010, 05:50 PM
The jets are having a better offseason because they signed Cromartie(lol), and are significantly downgrading from Thomas Jones to LT? kthx

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/08/2ngqzbn-1.gif

:err:

flynryan15
03-14-2010, 05:55 PM
I think you guys are going to be shocked when you see what happens when LT goes from the Chargers crap run blocking line to 12-17 touches a game behind the Jets dominant run based line. Think how fresh Ricky always was when he was off the bench for Ronnie. I hope I am wrong, but this is friggin LT one of the greatest RBs ever and he just got a big upgrade from his 09 situation especially when you think Sproles had a worse avg then LT.

CW_McGraw
03-14-2010, 05:56 PM

But Kerry Rhodes is soft, bro. A primadonna who's afraid to tackle has no place on a Rex Ryan defense.:chuckle:

X-Pacolypse
03-14-2010, 05:58 PM

FAIL.

ChambersWI
03-14-2010, 06:00 PM
every other day it seems a thread like this comes out. Going to the depths.

twg76
03-14-2010, 06:02 PM
That's why Miami has to sure up their defense. I don't know why they are having a guard visit them with attitude problems. That seems like a lazy move - lots of attitude to make up for a lack of something else.

I would say Miami needs to take a closer look at Morrison. I know, I know. But I'm serious. Morrison and Dansby in the middle would be awesome.

Nublar7
03-14-2010, 06:07 PM
if they land LT... and some how manage to get BM from the broncos.. we are doomed and all of you know it. they have been makin moves, and they are our competition. Next year their defense will be twice as good.. already... and the draft hasn't even arrived.. and we just made a man who has never made the pro bowl the richest LB in the league (i love dansby, but just sayin) these old school BP tactics are fading. players are more selfish now adays. THEY WANT MONEY. you dish it out they play. we have made it know were not dishing out sh**. The jets 09 d plus cromartie and pool and the jets old offense minus jones and plus brandon marshall and LT doesn't even need a draft...
LETS MAKE MOVES, GO FINZ.
the draft is not the answer to this years success, it is for the future. i want to win now. Its about time we get a playoff win, wnough "rebuilding" STACKLooks like LT has indeed decided to sign with the Jets. Tell me though, are you more afraid of Thomas Jones or LT? That is the switch the Jets are about to make and anyone who has watched the NFL the past few years knows that is a downgrade.

Cromartie hasn't done anything of note since 2007, Pool is concussion prone and they lost Rhodes. Have the Jets really improved that much this offseason? Maybe a little, but not a whole lot. Now, if they were able to land Marshall via trade, then I would be scared of what they did. Marshall and Edwards on the Jets would be an absolute nightmare. Still though, to get Marshall they are going to have to give up some significant value to get him. Some of those "quality" players they do have may have to be sent to Denver or they are at least going to have to give up a 1st round pick.

We beat the Jets twice last season and the past three meetings. We put up 30+ points in both games last year against them and only finished two games behind them last season. Wasn't like they were 13-3 last year and added Peyton Manning this offseason. They wouldn't have even been in the playoffs if the Colts and Bengals were not already looking to the playoffs and resting their players.

The moves they have made and are going to make tomorrow(LT) don't shoot them lightyears ahead of us. If they add Marshall on top of that though, then we can be very worried.

Warfish
03-14-2010, 06:47 PM
O I don't know - LT has done some things that I really, really hope he cant do anymore.

TheBow305
03-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Once again another :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:thread.

We landed the 2nd best free agent on the market, filling a HUGE need at ILB. And we're going to have an awesome draft. So get over it!

MIA 23 DOLFAN
03-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Looks like LT has indeed decided to sign with the Jets. Tell me though, are you more afraid of Thomas Jones or LT? That is the switch the Jets are about to make and anyone who has watched the NFL the past few years knows that is a downgrade.

Cromartie hasn't done anything of note since 2007, Pool is concussion prone and they lost Rhodes. Have the Jets really improved that much this offseason? Maybe a little, but not a whole lot. Now, if they were able to land Marshall via trade, then I would be scared of what they did. Marshall and Edwards on the Jets would be an absolute nightmare. Still though, to get Marshall they are going to have to give up some significant value to get him. Some of those "quality" players they do have may have to be sent to Denver or they are at least going to have to give up a 1st round pick.

We beat the Jets twice last season and the past three meetings. We put up 30+ points in both games last year against them and only finished two games behind them last season. Wasn't like they were 13-3 last year and added Peyton Manning this offseason. They wouldn't have even been in the playoffs if the Colts and Bengals were not already looking to the playoffs and resting their players.

The moves they have made and are going to make tomorrow(LT) don't shoot them lightyears ahead of us. If they add Marshall on top of that though, then we can be very worried.

well said, I just believe a motivated LT behind one of the best O Lines in the league will be a new chapter. i really really hope they do not sign marshall.

MIA 23 DOLFAN
03-14-2010, 08:27 PM

We landed the 2nd best free agent on the market, filling a HUGE need at ILB. And we're going to have an awesome draft. So get over it!

wah wah wah we landed the second bast free agent and that is it. we have more holes than the draft can fill... maybe even two drafts. we need to pick up players who are proven in the NFL if we want to contend NOW.. not in five years.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-14-2010, 08:32 PM

I can see us only filling two needs in the draft if that... Right now we have 5 needs IMO...

Ricky_Fan34
03-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Can someone please explain to me why people still get scared when you hear the name Ladiainian Tomlinson? He's not what he used to be... he's old and washed up. It's sad but true... LT is done. You can quote me on this too and put it in your sig and we can see if I'm right or not if you want..

They will not land Brandon Marshall either. I'm not sure anyone will at this point. Someone is going to have to give Denver an offer they can't refuse, which would involve giving up draft picks and players.

Cromartie had one good year, and since has not been able to recapture the magic he once had. He is garbage until he proves otherwise to me.

Clipse
03-15-2010, 01:45 AM
Wow, you're a ****ing idiot. So the Jets defense has gotten twice better because they traded for Cromartie who has been bad since 2007? And now we're supposed to fear over the hill LT? I'll admit I don't want them getting BM, but chances are it won't happen, and chances are, should he go to New York, he'll do something stupid and get suspended. Not to mention there is this thing called a salary cap which will be coming back... Again, you're a ****ing idiot, go be a Jets fan so you can be dissapointed when last year turns out to be a fluke.

SpaceMountain16
03-18-2010, 05:05 AM
LT < Thomas Jones at this point in his career.

Cromartie is a good pickup for what it cost them, but i think people are way over rating him as a player.

The Jets really haven't done anything that impresses me, objectively.

Their improvements will come from the fact that guys like Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene have significant playing experience under their belts. Also that they have Braylon Edwards for an entire season now, who should have plenty of time to get on the same page with Sanchez.

But over all i just think they were a flash in the pan last year. A team that by the end of the season was clearly better than our woeful Dolphins, but a team that wasn't really as good as advertised they got every break they needed to make the playoffs, were able to take advantage of them - to their credit, and got favorable matchups in the playoffs leading to the AFC title game. I think they're going to crash and burn this year, just like we did last year.

MIA 23 DOLFAN
09-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Again in this post, LT over Thomas Jones all day. Eat crow

Clipse
09-13-2011, 08:42 PM
LT had a whopping 18 more rushing yards than Jones in 2010, and was terrible the 2nd half of the season. He would of been awful behind our line. And Cromartie was, as expected, well below average. You're still an idiot.

nyjunc
09-14-2011, 08:36 AM
LT averaged 4.2 YPC, Jones 3.7. LT also had 52 recs compared to 14 for Jones. I didn't like losing Jones but that move clearly worked out in our favor.

Cro isn't revis(no one is) but he still is a quality corner.