PDA

View Full Version : Rough Seasons in store for Dolphins & Canes...

RealityBites
03-14-2010, 08:42 PM
Although there are some fans here that can think rationally, all the foolish optimism I've read on this site drives me bonkers.

Face it..we'll finish no higher than a #3 spot in the Division...Why?

Because we're no better than the Patriots or the Jets, and it's not even close at this point. It looks like the Jets could wind up better than the Patriots this year given their additions.

I still get excited about the Draft, but also understand few picks contribute greatly in their first year, especially at WR, DT, S, or OLB...all areas of need for us right now.

The Trifecta in their third season running things have been somewhat overrated. I can see our Owner Ross getting fed up with his wasted money on poor free agent acquisitions, and some wasted high draft picks since their control, and could usher the expulsion of the Stinky Tuna from Miami. If we finish 4th in the Division, Parcells be gone for sure...maybe Sparano too.

Canes will finish no better than last season(9 wins), and after a poor recruiting class this off-season, Shannon could be on his way out after a third consecutive Bowl game loss.

So, I've tempered any optimism with a huge dose of reality, and that reality is that both teams are no where near where they need to be to compete in their respective Divisions/Conferences.

Maybe 2012 will be their seasons. :ponder:

sinPHIN
03-14-2010, 08:44 PM
come on man. you never know whats gonna happen. i dont think we will be as bad as you think

Nublar7
03-14-2010, 08:46 PM
:bobdole: Really another one?

PATSSUCK
03-14-2010, 08:47 PM
The whambulence is clicking on all cylinders I see. I guess Tuna didnt:

1.) Draft the Possible Franchise QB and two good CBs

2.) He didnt rebuild the offense line

3.) He didnt add good pieces to the defensive line

4.) He didnt bring in Dansby, Polite, Starks, Wake, Carpenter, Bess, Hartline, etc ( Not all GREAT players, but damn good ones.)

5.) He didnt resign Ricky and Bell.

PATSSUCK
03-14-2010, 08:49 PM
:bobdole: Really another one?

The hilarous part is that they think they could do it better without any experience or insight into what it takes to build a winner in the league. Arm chair QBs?

Dolfan1000
03-14-2010, 08:49 PM
I didn't realize the Jets became a powerhouse with the addition of a CB that doesn't want to tackle anybody and a 31-year-old RB to replace the (superior) RB that they released...

PerfectFinz72
03-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Another HOF worst thread ever?

PATSSUCK
03-14-2010, 08:54 PM
I didn't realize the Jets became a powerhouse with the addition of a CB that doesn't want to tackle anybody and a 31-year-old RB to replace the (superior) RB that they released...

We are in full panic mode here dude.

AdamC13
03-14-2010, 08:58 PM
I would bet my life savings that two years ago with Miami finishing 15 GAMES behind NE you were even more pessimistic than you are right now and Miami won their division.

It sounds like you have confused negativity with reality.

I hear the Jets are always looking for more fans. Sounds like you would fit right in.

twg76
03-14-2010, 08:58 PM
2010 hasn't even been played yet. Anything could happen. No need to dread the season before it begins. You must be having flashbacks from the past 6 years in Miami (except 2008).

Miami folded down the stretch in 2009 or they would have made the playoffs. They beat the Jets twice and the Patriots once. Split with the Bills (could have swept them). That sounds like a pretty darn good team. Could have been 5-1 in the division. If they get that defense sured up, they should be really good this season.

FlaFinest954
03-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Already? Talk about putting somebody in their grave before it's their time.

Sheesh

Bopkin02
03-14-2010, 09:06 PM
You know, anything could happen, we don't know how anyone will finish. It always comes down to injuries, and that's always the X factor.
While at the time that 11-5 season was desperately needed to give this franchise a shot in the arm, I think in the long-run it was a curse. While it's never a curse to win, it has really skewed expectations. If in 2008 we'd gone 5-11, then 7-9 in 2009 with a rookie QB, most people would likely debate that we're progressing nicely, be glad to have found a QB, and be overall pleased with our progress from 1-15. But now we figure that 2008 should be easily repeatable, when more than likely it was just a perfect storm of scheduling, injury luck, and the Wild Cat. It takes time and patience to shine a turd(that turd being 2007) and while we all want it done overnight, it just is likely to take longer. I figured in 2008, and I still do, that year 5 of this regime would be the year where they would have most of their pieces in place and be considered a viable threat to make the playoffs. We are AT LEAST one more off-season(2011) away from just getting all the holes filled, then figure the pieces need time to gel. Sorry, I don't feel as though this is pessimistic or optimistic, I just think it's too hard to fill so many holes so fast and that it is just going to exceed impatient fans' timetables. Let this group do it right.
The only move that they have made that pisses me off is picking Pat White in the 2nd. Everything else made sense, on paper. Sometimes you miss- Wilson, Wilford...it happens. Every personnel office blows a decision once in a while. White was just, in my opinion, a total waste.
Otherwise, patience.

a1csiriaS
03-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Although there are some fans here that can think rationally, all the foolish optimism I've read on this site drives me bonkers.

Because we're no better than the Patriots or the Jets, and it's not even close at this point. It looks like the Jets could wind up better than the Patriots this year given their additions.

I still get excited about the Draft, but also understand few picks contribute greatly in their first year, especially at WR, DT, S, or OLB...all areas of need for us right now.

The Trifecta in their third season running things have been somewhat overrated. I can see our Owner Ross getting fed up with his wasted money on poor free agent acquisitions, and some wasted high draft picks since their control, and could usher the expulsion of the Stinky Tuna from Miami. If we finish 4th in the Division, Parcells be gone for sure...maybe Sparano too.

Canes will finish no better than last season(9 wins), and after a poor recruiting class this off-season, Shannon could be on his way out after a third consecutive Bowl game loss.

So, I've tempered any optimism with a huge dose of reality, and that reality is that both teams are no where near where they need to be to compete in their respective Divisions/Conferences.

:caveman::buzzkill::disapprove:

tcdrover
03-14-2010, 09:17 PM
We beat the jests twice last year and we split with the pats with TWO ROOKIE CORNERBACKS & a 1st year starter at QB.

Some of these posts are truly baffling.

Clipse
03-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Cool story. But the Patriots are on the way down, and the Jets will prove to be just a fluke. What additions are putting the Jets over the top? Losing a very good back in Thomas Jones and signing a washed up LT? Trading for an average at best Cromartie who's been bad since 2007? Signing a 25 year old safety who's already considered retirement due to 4 concussions? Your post is quite ridiculous and you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

X-Pacolypse
03-14-2010, 09:18 PM
What in the hell is going on around here?

flynryan15
03-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Shhhhhheeeeeeeeshhhhhh everyone relax! It is his opinion, he is aloud to express it. He gave his reasons, just because he doesn't have a blind devotion to every move Parcells makes does not make him a bad fan! I would love to be able to go back in time and see how many people defended Camoron or Wanny! When people trashed them.

Vaark
03-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Wow.. you sound just like the Saints fans "realists" this time last year on the heels of first a 7-9 and then an 8-8 season. (you sure DON'T sound like a Giants or Steelers fan this time last season though).

But thanks for the informed expert "spoiler" which will spare me the need to watch or cheer this season. :d-day:.

d-day
03-14-2010, 09:32 PM

Dead wrong about the Canes. "Poor" recruiting class or not. Last years frosh and sophomores gained a lot of experience and we have some key players back from the injured list. Easily 10 wins. The U will surprise.

Sean0617
03-14-2010, 09:35 PM
I have to agree, to be honest, I do not even think the Phins should play there games, we should just forfeit all 16 games that way nobody gets hurt and maybe we can sign every free agent next year and trade for any player that is available and then go to the super bowl. Damn I should be the coach and the GM!!!!! Hey Reality Bites, I might need someone to help run football operations......interested???? We will take over the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we will take over the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DannyX18
03-14-2010, 09:38 PM
wow lol can people stop overhyping the damn jets? they add cromartie who hasen't done crap since 07 and all of a sudden they're gods. regardless their defense is still good but their offense is pitiful and scares no one.

Kthurmus23
03-14-2010, 09:44 PM
The jets are not any better then they were last season. Jones is a better rb now then LT. Cromartie is a decent CB but nothing to be scared of. The jets have a solid defence we all know that, but I still think the the division is wide open. Everyone needs to calm down.

AdamC13
03-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Shhhhhheeeeeeeeshhhhhh everyone relax! It is his opinion, he is aloud to express it. He gave his reasons, just because he doesn't have a blind devotion to every move Parcells makes does not make him a bad fan! I would love to be able to go back in time and see how many people defended Camoron or Wanny! When people trashed them.

SERIOUSLY...How do you call the following reasons?

"The Trifecta in their third season running things have been somewhat overrated. I can see our Owner Ross getting fed up with his wasted money on poor free agent acquisitions, and some wasted high draft picks since their control, and could usher the expulsion of the Stinky Tuna from Miami. If we finish 4th in the Division, Parcells be gone for sure...maybe Sparano too."

Let's look at the facts. The Trifecta took over a team that was 1-15 and void of talent. They have since gone 18-14, won a division title and were in the playoff hunt until the final game of the year last year.

With the top 7 picks they have had over a TWO year period they have drafted...Long, Merling, Henne, Langford, Smith, White, Davis. In other words, what looks to be our franchise QB, LT and two CBs, a starter and a significant contributor on the DL.

They have also made some nice later round picks in Thomas, Hartline, Clemons, Gardner.

FA they have signed include Bess, Dansby, Smiley, Pennington, Ferguson. And they have traded for Grove, Starks, Fasano.

He didn't give any reasons. He through out his opinion and then he supported it with another opinion, but NOT reasons.

flynryan15
03-14-2010, 09:56 PM
SERIOUSLY...How do you call the following reasons?

"The Trifecta in their third season running things have been somewhat overrated. I can see our Owner Ross getting fed up with his wasted money on poor free agent acquisitions, and some wasted high draft picks since their control, and could usher the expulsion of the Stinky Tuna from Miami. If we finish 4th in the Division, Parcells be gone for sure...maybe Sparano too."

Let's look at the facts. The Trifecta took over a team that was 1-15 and void of talent. They have since gone 18-14, won a division title and were in the playoff hunt until the final game of the year last year.

With the top 7 picks they have had over a TWO year period they have drafted...Long, Merling, Henne, Langford, Smith, White, Davis. In other words, what looks to be our franchise QB, LT and two CBs, a starter and a significant contributor on the DL.

They have also made some nice later round picks in Thomas, Hartline, Clemons, Gardner.

FA they have signed include Bess, Dansby, Smiley, Pennington, Ferguson. And they have traded for Grove, Starks, Fasano.

He didn't give any reasons. He through out his opinion and then he supported it with another opinion, but NOT reasons.

Like I said it is his right to have his opinion. Some of of us don't follow Parcells with blind faith. I just don't understand why everyone gets so bent out of shape if someone expresses a opinion outside the norm. It is a internet message board. So unless the Dolphins move to China or North Korea let him vent his views. Not need to get upset about it.

AdamC13
03-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Like I said it is his right to have his opinion. Some of of us don't follow Parcells with blind faith. I just don't understand why everyone gets so bent out of shape if someone expresses a opinion outside the norm. It is a internet message board. So unless the Dolphins move to China or North Korea let him vent his views. Not need to get upset about it.
Who's upset? Sounds like your the one upset. Just as he has a right to express his opinion we have a right to express our opinion about his opinion. Like you said it is a message board.

flynryan15
03-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Who's upset? Sounds like your the one upset. Just as he has a right to express his opinion we have a right to express our opinion about his opinion. Like you said it is a message board.

Of course and if you notice in my first post you will notice I said " why get upset." I am not upset just trying to stop 545362757 pages of people freaking out because someone has their doubts.

TKAllDay
03-14-2010, 10:09 PM
We are better than advertised. We may not have the most talent or the best players in the league, but the fins play well as a TEAM! Oh and the fins have pretty good depth, which goes a long way in the NFL, especially towards the end of the season when injuries plague the roster...

RealityBites
03-14-2010, 10:12 PM
All you monkeys must make the organization proud....keep up the great work drinking that koolaid! Hey, pull this tread out of your bungholes in late Dec and see if I was wrong.

EVERYONE was surprised in 2008, even with a last place schedule. This team isn't sneaking up on anyone any longer. We added some decent players in the last two years(but no game-changers), but still haven't kept pace with NY and as long as they have Tom Brady and a crap load of picks the Patriots either. It sucks, but it's true.

Dolphins...3rd place or worse in the Division

Sorry I didn't blow some sunshine up the ole wazoo for all of you who disagree.

Cheers!

finfan54
03-14-2010, 10:13 PM
this reaction isnt due to Lt is it? Serious? What maroons.

DolfanISS
03-14-2010, 10:20 PM
AHHH Yes free agency. I live in new England and if i had a nickel for everytime i heard about how the Pats would be unstoppable because they signed Joey Galloway, Fred Taylor and Shwan Springs. OH boy were they just stacked, OH those 3 players were nothing. Wait and see, you never know but the Jets look tough.

flynryan15
03-14-2010, 10:23 PM
AHHH Yes free agency. I live in new England and if i had a nickel for everytime i heard about how the Pats would be unstoppable because they signed Joey Galloway, Fred Taylor and Shwan Springs. OH boy were they just stacked, OH those 3 players were nothing. Wait and see, you never know but the Jets look tough.

I am sorry :D

Vaark
03-14-2010, 11:35 PM
All you monkeys must make the organization proud....keep up the great work drinking that koolaid! Hey, pull this tread out of your bungholes in late Dec and see if I was wrong.

EVERYONE was surprised in 2008, even with a last place schedule. This team isn't sneaking up on anyone any longer. We added some decent players in the last two years(but no game-changers), but still haven't kept pace with NY and as long as they have Tom Brady and a crap load of picks the Patriots either. It sucks, but it's true.

Cheers!

Oh my heavens. we offered Rolle what he deserved; we didn't back the Brinks truck up for a safety who can't cover, play at high altitudes, calls the media turds and fans harsh when things don't go well yet expected Dansby money; we didn't go after a washed up former legend whose own team now needs a backfield and still got rid of him; we're not pursuing a safety whose own team will match the market offer and resign him; we're not considering the likes of Javon Walker and Antonio Bryant and we're hesitant to squander a 1st that could nicely fill a position of need for a long time in order to trade for a domestic batterer, night club brawler and insubordinate team member who could be 1 infraction away from a season long suspension... and that for us would mean no franchise rushing LB, FS, TE or NT + 1 of the better receivers in the league who's watching from the sidelines.

But fear not, we no doubt will draft someone who you'll manage to find fault with so you can start a few more threads how crappy the FO is and how Buffalo with their state of the art coach Chan Galey will be passing us by this season!

So this comes from a "monkey" you disagree with and in turn referencing your own "wazzoo" , just remember, "opinions" are like a-holes: everyone's got one and some reek of crap more so than others!

RealityBites
03-15-2010, 12:46 AM
wow lol can people stop overhyping the damn jets? they add cromartie who hasn't done crap since 07 and all of a sudden they're gods. regardless their defense is still good but their offense is pitiful and scares no one.

So many Lemmings on this board....Who's overhyping the stinkin' Jets?.. they had the #1 Defense and Rushing attack last year in the league.

My God, how about not underestimating a team the made the AFC Championship game.

#1 Defense...which didn't get any worse so far
#1 Rushing Attack...with Greene, Washington and now LT added to the mix
Plus..Garcia is only going to get better in his second season

If the Jets can put together any type of solid passing attack, they will be going deep into the playoffs again.

Hey forget free agency so far, the Jets and Patriots already have better rosters hands down in comparison to ours.

How about not Over-Hyping our suspect team people. :crazy:

btw.. I love how someone gives an opinion(Me), and some cretins say it's the worst thread ever instead of moving on to another one of those..."Hey, so and so (some scrub) is available, think we should bring him in" threads and bashing that way of thinking.

Too all the lemmings out there Go Dolphins!!! "CHAMPIONSHIP!!!"

RealityBites
03-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Oh my heavens. we offered Rolle what he deserved; we didn't back the Brinks truck up for a safety who can't cover, play at high altitudes, calls the media turds and fans harsh when things don't go well yet expected Dansby money; we didn't go after a washed up former legend whose own team now needs a backfield and still got rid of him; we're not pursuing a safety whose own team will match the market offer and resign him; we're not considering the likes of Javon Walker and Antonio Bryant and we're hesitant to squander a 1st that could nicely fill a position of need for a long time in order to trade for a domestic batterer, night club brawler and insubordinate team member who could be 1 infraction away from a season long suspension... and that for us would mean no franchise rushing LB, FS, TE or NT + 1 of the better receivers in the league who's watching from the sidelines.

But fear not, we no doubt will draft someone who you'll manage to find fault with so you can start a few more threads how crappy the FO is and how Buffalo with their state of the art coach Chan Galey will be passing us by this season!

So this comes from a "monkey" you disagree with and in turn referencing your own "wazzoo" , just remember, "opinions" are like a-holes: everyone's got one and some reek of crap more so than others!

Screw all you kool-aid drinking *******S who keep making one excuse for this team after another, year in and year out, and bash people who may just see our present situation without blinders on. Think you're better fans? Nah, just good lemmings.

Hey Ard-Vaark, if we do fall behind Buffalo, you'll just look like more of an *** to me than you already are right now. Now that's one BIG ***! Hey, but I do like the creative avatars and pics. :up:

Clipse
03-15-2010, 01:53 AM
Screw all you kool-aid drinking *******S who keep making one excuse for this team after another, year in and year out, and bash people who may just see our present situation without blinders on. Think you're better fans? Nah, just good lemmings.

Hey Ard-Vaark, if we do fall behind Buffalo, you'll just look like more of an *** to me than you already are right now. Now that's one BIG ***! Hey, but I do like the creative avatars and pics. :up:
Don't like it. Go be a Jets fan. You'll be looking like a ****ing retard when the Jets prove to be a fluke. "O noes! The Jets signed over the hill LT and an average at best CB who's been bad since 2007! We have no chance!!!! Seasons over!!!!." Again, you're a ****ing idiot.

RealityBites
03-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Don't like it. Go be a Jets fan. You'll be looking like a ****ing retard when the Jets prove to be a fluke. "O noes! The Jets signed over the hill LT and an average at best CB who's been bad since 2007! We have no chance!!!! Seasons over!!!!." Again, you're a ****ing idiot.

Look what we have here, another lemming. Go put your head back in the sand and say, "Oh well there's always next year" after this team gets rolled this season. The Jets WILL finish ahead of us this year, but where will you be when they do? If you're with your fellow lemmings, you'll be happing in your pathetic existence. Rah! Rah! Go Dolphins! We're #1!....Puke!

BTW..the JETS are better than us without either of those two free agents signings. Get a ****ing clue you moron. I don't even want to hear that we beat them twice last season(did you watch those games?)...I hope that made you sleep better at night while you were watching them play well in the Playoffs. When was the last time we played WELL in the Playoffs? I'll give you the answer since you're too dense to know....2000 in our last Win against the Colts!!!

Now that you've read this, go put your head back up your ***....opps I mean the sand, take Vaark with you. :tumbleweed:

Vaark
03-15-2010, 08:53 AM

That's kewl; As you've continued to demonstrate, you calling someone an azzhole is even more ironic than being told they're an empty head bimbo by Paris Hilton! But whether it's about me or your Chicken Little view of anything-Fins, you're certainly entitled to your opinion no matter how fecally-encrusted it might be..:up: As a concession I'd cocede that we both keep in mind that just because it's yours doesn't necessarily mean it's any more -or less valid than anyone else's!

Oh, if and when the Jest prove to be the latest iteration of the Redskins next season, I'm sure you'll be here starting crow eating threads instead of hanging on to the bandwagon, eh?

Clipse
03-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Look what we have here, another lemming. Go put your head back in the sand and say, "Oh well there's always next year" after this team gets rolled this season. The Jets WILL finish ahead of us this year, but where will you be when they do? If you're with your fellow lemmings, you'll be happing in your pathetic existence. Rah! Rah! Go Dolphins! We're #1!....Puke!

BTW..the JETS are better than us without either of those two free agents signings. Get a ****ing clue you moron. I don't even want to hear that we beat them twice last season(did you watch those games?)...I hope that made you sleep better at night while you were watching them play well in the Playoffs. When was the last time we played WELL in the Playoffs? I'll give you the answer since you're too dense to know....2000 in our last Win against the Colts!!!

Now that you've read this, go put your head back up your ***....opps I mean the sand, take Vaark with you. :tumbleweed:
I'll be sure to bump this thread when the Jets prove how much of a ****ing idiot you are. Of course, I doubt you'll be around, as you'll be too busy being suicidal with the rest of you *** Jet fans on TGG. I watched the games alright. I watched the Jets get to play backups to make the playoffs. Colts play their starters, you're probably not sitting here showing how much of a complete tool you are.

PhinzN703
03-15-2010, 11:23 AM

Your argument can never win b/c people commenting on the OP's post are folks voicing their opinions as well.

PhinzN703
03-15-2010, 11:28 AM

Cheers!

The Phins finished ahead of the Jets in 2008 so using your logic, the Phins were better than the Jets going into 2009. In 2009, the Jets finished ahead of the Phins so using your logic again, the Jets will be better than the Phins going into 2010.

I don't understand how the Phins haven't kept pace when in the last two years both teams have just switched places in the standings. It isn't like the Jets have 100 straight 1st place finishes.

X-Pacolypse
03-15-2010, 01:16 PM

:banhim2:

Kthurmus23
03-15-2010, 02:12 PM
I am sure I am not the only one who feels that Dansby, and Nolan is more of an upgrade then LT and Cromartie. I think our coaching staff is doing just fine in keeping pace with the rest of the division. We will see how the year goes, but I am not hitting any panic button just yet I still feel pretty confident in my phins.

RealityBites
03-15-2010, 11:17 PM
The Phins finished ahead of the Jets in 2008 so using your logic, the Phins were better than the Jets going into 2009. In 2009, the Jets finished ahead of the Phins so using your logic again, the Jets will be better than the Phins going into 2010.

I don't understand how the Phins haven't kept pace when in the last two years both teams have just switched places in the standings. It isn't like the Jets have 100 straight 1st place finishes.

Here goes..I posted about this season, not past seasons. If we had a last place schedule, and a Healthy Chad Pennington as our QB, we'd compete during the regular season even with mediocre wr's. Everyone knows it was Pennington that lead us that season along with the Wildcat, a stingy veteran Defense. Without a great O line, Defense, and rushing game, I don't think Henne can lead us like Penny(at least not this season). We'll lose games this year due to it. I like Henne but it's going to take time for him...he's no Danny boy(who is?), but I do like him for the future. It's sad that we don't have a #1 WR on the current roster that he can try to get his timing synced up with already in the off-season. We will continue to have growing pains with that position this year even if we land a big-time rookie receiver.

I just see us finishing 3rd...God forbid 4th....hope we do better, but with all the holes we STILL have, and the youth at key positions, QB, WR, D-Line, and CB's it will be tough to seriously compete this year against the Jets and Patriots.

Look, I just stated my opinion about the 2010 season, not for every year after that. That surely doesn't make me a fan of the Jets or the Patriots fan.

Not that I should need to mention it.. but if you knew me, you'd understand how much I despise any team we're playing on a given week, especially the Jets, Patriots, Bills, Colts and Raiders for good measure. I think my neighbors know it. :up:

RealityBites
03-15-2010, 11:21 PM
(Continuation...) Not that I should need to mention it.. but if you knew me, you understand how much I despise any team we're playing on a given week, especially the Jets, Patriots, Bills, Colts and Raiders for good measure.

I've watched every televised Dolphins game since the mid, to late 70's...Still think Wood-Strock would have won a Super Bowl if Bokamper didn't let Theisman knock down that potential Int for a TD!!!!
Cheered when we drafted Marino, and Cheered him as we beat the Browns and cried when we lost to the Patriots in the 85 AFC Championship game(still pissed by how many squish the fish signs there was there for that game), watched JJ's first game as our coach against the Patriots in 96 while stationed in South Korea on an Air Force deployment..a WIN!. Was at Peyton's first five home Indy loses to Miami including his first ever start opening day 98, and witnessed one of Danny's last great games when he led us to a win late in Indy in 99(He still had a year or two left JJ & Wanny...you schmucks!). Attended his Tribute with my daughter (Wayne H. showed his class by putting on and paying all tolls for the event), and then his Ring of Honor / Retired number ceremony in 2000(anyone remember the heavy rain that passed just in time for Danny's presentation, but the firework smoke hovered around for much of the second half since it started raining again...oh btw...we won by 13 over Balt! and the Ravens went on to win the SB), and then at Danny's Hall of Fame induction in 2005(we did overrun Canton!). Hell I'd have a very nice 401k built up with the money I've spent on the team my family and I love. All the VHS and now DVD's recording games since the 85 seasons. (yeah...no VCR in 84..too expensive for this teenager). VHS tapes were $10 each back then! Since living out of state now, buy the Sunday Ticket to never miss a game, and catching the occasional road game like a huge upset statistically against Chitown in 2006(See Avatar) and home games when I'm back home in South Fla home for the holidays....Our first Orange Jersey performance against Spurrier's Redskins in 2003, and Taylor and Bell's great game in a Vikes win in 2006.

whew...I need a great carpenter to create my PhinZone....I have box upon box of Dolphin Memorabilia, my family thinks I'm a little nuts, but they keep getting me more stuff.

So, if I come across pissed, some, or most of the time, I have 30 years of fond memories of this team(mostly with Marino; Ricky in 2002/2003 and our surprise 2008 Division Win), but plenty of frustrations too...like Shula's lack of a quality Defense or running game during Marino years with him, Jimmy for handcuffing Marino, Wanny forcing Danny Out, and of course Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and the BUFFALO BILLS!!!!

Peace out!

PhinzN703
03-15-2010, 11:57 PM
We've all been frustrated as fans but that's what makes the NFL what it is. How do you think Saints fans felt this year? For years being called the Aints and not ever winning a SB.

The time will come. I don't know when but some day. Whether we're all still here or not I can't tell you either but we can give it our best shot and keep up the great support we provide.

:)

RealityBites
03-16-2010, 12:15 AM
We've all been frustrated as fans but that's what makes the NFL what it is. How do you think Saints fans felt this year? For years being called the Aints and not ever winning a SB.

The time will come. I don't know when but some day. Whether we're all still here or not I can't tell you either but we can give it our best shot and keep up the great support we provide.

:)

Well, I was Happy for mygood buddy who is one of those Saints fans, but am still pissed we passed on Brees... TWICE! :crazy: I have a feeling with him as our QB we don't go through the several rough seasons over the last decade. Thanks Wanny & Nicktator! :up: