PDA

View Full Version : Roman's updated 4 round mock

Roman529
03-14-2010, 09:21 PM
1. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

Graham's play was a bright spot for the 5-7 Wolverines. He earned multiple All-American mentions after leading the nation in tackles for loss (26) and recording 10.5 sacks, missing out on Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year to Penn State DT Jared Odrick. After playing sparingly in 11 games as a true freshman, Graham made his name known among Big Ten quarterbacks by making 8.5 sacks in a part-time starting role in 2006. Given the chance to play every down as a junior, he took his game to another level by making 20 tackles for loss, including 10 sacks. Graham probably won't hit the 6-foot-2 mark on the tape, but some teams are finding short, strong and high-motor ends are successful pass rushers. He has the agility and hustle to join former college defensive ends like Larry English, Elvis Dumervil and former Michigan teammate Lamarr Woodley in successfully transitioning to linebacker in 3-4 schemes.

You all know him. :bowdown:

2. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Ga Tech

On an offense known for its dominant rushing attack, Thomas' ability to stretch the field as a deep target kept defenses at bay. With his unique combination of size, body control and speed, scouts are hopeful that he'll continue the trend in the NFL.

3. Reshad Jones, S, Georgia

Jones redshirted in 2005 despite being ranked the No. 1 recruit in the state of Georgia by some services. He racked up 56 tackles and two interceptions but started just two games in '06.
A starter in 12 of 13 games as a sophomore, Jones emerged as one of the best at his position in the country, posting 76 tackles and a team-leading five interceptions in earning second-team all-SEC honors.
After considering leaving after the '08 season for the NFL, Jones opted to stay at Georgia. His numbers slipped slightly (73 tackles, four INTs), but Jones was steady in coverage and as an open-field tackler. With all of the attention Eric Berry (Tennessee), Earl Thomas (Texas) and Taylor Mays (Southern Cal) have received, Jones has gone a little under the radar for those outside of the SEC. NFL scouts see the big-hitting ballhawk as capable of making an immediate impact at either safety position. The Phin's top brass are high on him and he has a shot at being able to contribute right away.

4. Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU or Dorrin Dickerson, TE, Pitt
Whoever of these two is left we should grab.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Would like it!!!

MiamiDolfan85
03-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Dennis Pitta is a better player than Jimmy Graham right now,but theres little doubt as too who has the true potential to becoming one of the leagues elite TE's...b/w,Reshad Jones went to Georgia,not for Florida....

Marinodominates
03-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Would like it!!!

me too would sign for it now

Roman529
03-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Dennis Pitta is a better player than Jimmy Graham right now,but theres little doubt as too who has the true potential to becoming one of the leagues elite TE's...b/w,Reshad Jones went to Georgia,not for Florida....

My bad ....I knew he was a Bulldog. :crazy:

rent this space
03-14-2010, 09:49 PM
I like it but with the needs on defense, I don't think we will see both WR and TE addressed in the first four rounds.

JCfinfan
03-14-2010, 09:49 PM
I love that draft!

bert
03-14-2010, 10:08 PM
if we go after jones .it will be in the 2nd.i see the jets and other teams looking at him in the 2nd behind us.then we give a 6th or 7th,and swap are 3rd to move up.then get cam the nt.we need to stay steady.we need 3 new starters on defense,and if the 3 new guys are good.we have to have the youngest defense in the nfl,and we are going to be good for a long time.plus pick up the lb who blow out his knee from the badgers,with a 6 or 7th pick.

newlownorder
03-14-2010, 11:03 PM
L-O-V-E It!

#1dolphinsfan
03-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Looks awesome I would love that draft

bootang25
03-15-2010, 12:10 AM
I would not complain with that draft. My initial thoughts are that no way Pitta is around in the 4th round. He really helped himself in all the areas leading up to the draft, and his pro day was supposedly spectacular as well. It will be interesting to see about Bay Bay Thomas, without the injury, he probably would have been a 1st round pick. Where does he go now? Is he there at 44?

TheBow305
03-15-2010, 01:05 AM
I'd be thrilled with that! :)

X-Pacolypse
03-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Can't complain.

Mcganiel
03-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Graham was a animal in the senior bowl. I would love this draft. Nice work!

Chubby
03-15-2010, 04:09 PM
(----- Chubby Stamp of Approval!!!

Pitbull13
03-15-2010, 04:21 PM
1. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

Graham's play was a bright spot for the 5-7 Wolverines. He earned multiple All-American mentions after leading the nation in tackles for loss (26) and recording 10.5 sacks, missing out on Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year to Penn State DT Jared Odrick. After playing sparingly in 11 games as a true freshman, Graham made his name known among Big Ten quarterbacks by making 8.5 sacks in a part-time starting role in 2006. Given the chance to play every down as a junior, he took his game to another level by making 20 tackles for loss, including 10 sacks. Graham probably won't hit the 6-foot-2 mark on the tape, but some teams are finding short, strong and high-motor ends are successful pass rushers. He has the agility and hustle to join former college defensive ends like Larry English, Elvis Dumervil and former Michigan teammate Lamarr Woodley in successfully transitioning to linebacker in 3-4 schemes.

You all know him.

2. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Ga Tech

On an offense known for its dominant rushing attack, Thomas' ability to stretch the field as a deep target kept defenses at bay. With his unique combination of size, body control and speed, scouts are hopeful that he'll continue the trend in the NFL.

3. Reshad Jones, S, Georgia

Jones redshirted in 2005 despite being ranked the No. 1 recruit in the state of Georgia by some services. He racked up 56 tackles and two interceptions but started just two games in '06.
A starter in 12 of 13 games as a sophomore, Jones emerged as one of the best at his position in the country, posting 76 tackles and a team-leading five interceptions in earning second-team all-SEC honors.
After considering leaving after the '08 season for the NFL, Jones opted to stay at Georgia. His numbers slipped slightly (73 tackles, four INTs), but Jones was steady in coverage and as an open-field tackler. With all of the attention Eric Berry (Tennessee), Earl Thomas (Texas) and Taylor Mays (Southern Cal) have received, Jones has gone a little under the radar for those outside of the SEC. NFL scouts see the big-hitting ballhawk as capable of making an immediate impact at either safety position. The Phin's top brass are high on him and he has a shot at being able to contribute right away.

4. Dennis Pitta, TE, BYU or Dorrin Dickerson, TE, Pitt
Whoever of these two is left we should grab.

Like it but we will address DT in one of those rounds

BobDole
03-15-2010, 04:31 PM
like the first two picks - not so much the second two. jones has SS written all over him - and not a real good one if you ask me. i don't trust those old guys coming out of college. wouldn't mind dickerson instead - but would much rather have dickson.

bdhock
03-15-2010, 04:38 PM
do you think they would take Dickerson if they already took Thomas? I like them both but they seem a little alike size wise even though Dickerson is listed as aTE.

newlownorder
03-15-2010, 05:03 PM
I honestly would take Dickerson over Pitta, but either or in the 4th round would be wonderful.