PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins meeting with E.Thomas

munchkin
03-16-2010, 12:53 AM
According to the Herald, The Dolphins have scheduled a visit with Texas free safety Earl Thomas for the first week of April.

Elliott 1
03-16-2010, 12:55 AM
That is a very good thing.

munchkin
03-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Agreed, this guy has it all

DKphin
03-16-2010, 04:59 AM
Void at free safety? Dolphins to look at Thomas

Gibril Wilson was a bust so he's gone. Antrel Rolle and Ryan Clark didn't feel enough love from Miami's bank vault. Restricted free agency hasn't been an answer for Miami's free safety issues and neither Tyrone Culver nor Chris Clemons are probably the answer, either.
No wonder the Dolphins have scheduled a visit with Texas free safety Earl Thomas for the first week of April.
Thomas, considered by some scouts to be the second-best safety prospect behind Tennessee's Eric Berry, should be available when the Dolphins are scheduled to pick at No. 12 but won't be around for their second-round selection. So the Dolphins are obviously impressed enough with this playmaker to consider him as a first-round selection.
This does not mean Thomas will be Miami's first-round selection. The club will meet with nearly three dozen players between now and the draft.
But Miami's obvious need at free safety combined with Thomas' resume suggests the pairing could work.
NFL.com draft analyst Mike Mayock has called Thomas "the most instinctive" defensive back in this draft. The knock on Thomas is that he's perhaps smallish and that he is, after all, coming out after his sophomore season so he is a puppy.http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/03/gibril-wilson-was-a-bust-so-hes-gone-antrel-rolle-and-ryan-clark-didnt-feel-enough-love-from-the-miamis-bank-vault-restr.html

JCane
03-16-2010, 05:01 AM
Eric Berry > *insert name here*

skipp2myloo13
03-16-2010, 06:46 AM

Well, i agree with to an extent, but can you please stop spamming these threads with E. Berry love. I mean, its warranted, Everyone has it. You are the most vocal. it is a bit gratuitous. I see it in your sig and understand. We wont forget you love him and if he is ever the only HOF'er of the class well tell everyone you called it, but can the spamming stop?

Phinatic8u
03-16-2010, 08:28 AM

I agree but Berry won't be there when we pick, well can't say won't but chances are he won't. So Thomas is a incredible consolation prize.

cuban_refugee
03-16-2010, 07:24 PM
I agree but Berry won't be there when we pick, well can't say won't but chances are he won't. So Thomas is a incredible consolation prize.

Eric Berry might just be there for us. Especially now that the Bucs - who were predicted to possibly choose him - have just signed Sean Jones. So, the Bucs will probably be looking at other positions.

rent this space
03-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Well, i agree with to an extent, but can you please stop spamming these threads with E. Berry love. I mean, its warranted, Everyone has it. You are the most vocal. it is a bit gratuitous. I see it in your sig and understand. We wont forget you love him and if he is ever the only HOF'er of the class well tell everyone you called it, but can the spamming stop?
it's not like they are choosing against Berry. by looking at Thomas they are actually agreeing that Berry is too good to be there at 12

Ikema
03-16-2010, 08:04 PM
To bad a Czonka isn't available!