PDA

View Full Version : Earl Thomas to visit Dolphins

FinAtic8480
03-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Gibril Wilson was a bust so he's gone. Antrel Rolle and Ryan Clark didn't feel enough love from Miami's bank vault. Restricted free agency hasn't been an answer for Miami's free safety issues and neither Tyrone Culver nor Chris Clemons are probably the answer, either.

No wonder the Dolphins have scheduled a visit with Texas free safety Earl Thomas for the first week of April.

Thomas, considered by some scouts to be the second-best safety prospect behind Tennessee's Eric Berry, should be available when the Dolphins are scheduled to pick at No. 12 but won't be around for their second-round selection. So the Dolphins are obviously impressed enough with this playmaker to consider him as a first-round selection.

This does not mean Thomas will be Miami's first-round selection. The club will meet with nearly three dozen players between now and the draft.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/03/gibril-wilson-was-a-bust-so-hes-gone-antrel-rolle-and-ryan-clark-didnt-feel-enough-love-from-the-miamis-bank-vault-restr.html

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Interesting...

As much as I think we should sign sharper for a year I see us drafting a FS in first 3 rounds...

Reshad Jones visited and now Earl Thomas...

CedarPhin
03-16-2010, 01:03 AM
Probably the reason we didn't break the bank for a FS in FA.

Mr. Magoo
03-16-2010, 01:35 AM
He'll impress. 20 year-olds who have been a captain of a huge school like Texas tend to do that. Word is he's a film junkie and a solid guy. Son of a preacher, I believe. Should make for a good meeting.

Tiko377
03-16-2010, 01:42 AM
if we get him i hope we trade down a couple of picks like we trade with the giants for there no.15 pick and like a extra 5th rounder or something

FinsFanatic777
03-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Absolutely. If Berry isn't there this guy is the way to go.

BobDole
03-16-2010, 08:30 AM
would love to him at 12.

j-off-her-doll
03-16-2010, 09:24 AM
I said before, when we reportedly low-balled Clark, that it probably meant we were looking for a solid veteran to help mentor a FS that we draft.

Thomas is still right up there with E. Berry. And, it's a joke to have anyone not named E. Berry rated higher than Thomas. He'd be a great pick at 12. There are maybe 3 or 4 players I'd be as excited about drafting; one of them is E. Berry.

Drubatuba
03-16-2010, 09:57 AM
As of right now safety is our largest gaping hole on this team. I really hope that we spend the time and make this our #1 priority. I am interested to see how Sean Smith would do at Safety. Sign a solid Safety in the draft as a safety net and keep Vontae and Allen at CB. Just a thought. It wouldnt hurt to try atleast in the preseason.

COphinphan89
03-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Since my pipe dream of us landing Berry is probably just that, this guy is the next best thing. I agree that taking him after a trade down would be ideal.

fgrocker
03-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Even if we don't plan on drafting him, having him visit Miami will be good ammo when negotiating with free agent safeties.

gdiaz0358
03-16-2010, 11:55 AM
NICE! Ill love him @ 12, probably the only player a think is worth #12 as far a position of need. I think Graham will be great but FS is a huge need for us....im torn lmao.

skipp2myloo13
03-16-2010, 02:34 PM
My favorite realistic pick at 12. The only problem would be if he and Dez are both there. Dez is a better player, Thomas is a bigger need and comparable impact player.

hooshoops
03-16-2010, 02:37 PM
My favorite realistic pick at 12. The only problem would be if he and Dez are both there. Dez is a better player, Thomas is a bigger need and comparable impact player.

that should be all that matters...they're both needs...if dez is the better player to you that should be the end of it...

at least that's the way i look at it...

newlownorder
03-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Mike Mayock also considers him the best safety in the draft (above Berry). I don't know if I totally agree, but I think Thomas is very close to Berry.

MiamiDolfan85
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM
woudlnt mind Thomas...he's yet to reach his peak,and looks to be an imediate impact player....I could realistically see him starting day 1...

ROADRUNNER
03-16-2010, 04:29 PM
woudlnt mind Thomas...he's yet to reach his peak,and looks to be an imediate impact player....I could realistically see him starting day 1...

he will start on day 1.........but i hope its with us.