03-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Height:6'2"
Weight:216 lbs.
Arm Length:31 1/4 in.
Hand Size:9 3/4 in.
College:Louisville
Conference:Big East

Combine Top Performer in:
40-yard dash | Bench press | Vertical jump | Broad jump | 3-cone drill | 20-yard shuttle | 60-yard shuttle

I couldnt find much tape or information on this guy, he was pretty impressive at the combine apparently. Anybody know what his knock is? NFL.com says he isnt very quick but his combine numbers say differently. They also say he has good hands and hes a great route runner

Scott Long, the University of Louisville's leading receiver last season, rang up some impressive numbers at the National Football League Scouting Combine in Indianapolis this past weekend.
Long finished first among wide receivers in the vertical jump (41.5 inches), three-cone drill (6.45 seconds) and 60-yard shuttle (11.06 seconds). He tied for first in the bench press with 20 repetitions of 225 pounds. His composite score was the best of the wide receivers at the combine. Not many people knew who I was this weekend, and I was able to get that opportunity to go out and compete with the best and put up some pretty good numbers,” Long said.
“I kind of started out at the bottom, kind of an underdog. I think I helped myself.”
Long finished second among wide receivers in the 20-yard shuttle (4.09 seconds), which tests a player's lateral quickness and explosiveness in a tight area. He was fourth in the broad jump (10 feet, 3 inches) and seventh in the 40-yard dash (4.46 seconds).
Long's performance in the three-cone drill, which tests a player's ability to change directions at high speed, was especially gratifying.
“I was able to set an all-time combine record in that,” Long said. “That was pretty exciting.”
A 6-foot-2, 216-pound receiver from Southport, N.C., Long caught 53 passes for 727 yards and two touchdowns last season. His career totals were 91 catches, 1,286 yards (a 14.1-yard average) and four TDs.

more information about his combine numbers here:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=67853&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

XxfeensterxX
03-16-2010, 01:40 AM
I like him in the later rounds.

13_dolfan_13
03-16-2010, 02:11 AM
he didnt play much in at louisville Do 2 numerous injuries

TedSlimmJr
03-16-2010, 02:16 AM
Everything at Louisville was pretty much one big cluster **** under Kragthorpe.......this kid obviously has tremendous talent to work with if he stays healthy long enough to use it correctly...and under the tutelage of someone that knows what the hell they're doing....

#1dolphinsfan
03-16-2010, 02:51 AM
i really like Taylor Price in round 3 as long as we dont draft Dez Bryant in the first or any other WR in the second

fgrocker
03-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Newsflash: after the combine, he lost the sleeper label for good. I still don't think he'll amount to anything in the NFL though, too much of a workout warrior and lack of production. Might be worth a flyer in the 7th.

Charlie Brown
03-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Newsflash: after the combine, he lost the sleeper label for good. I still don't think he'll amount to anything in the NFL though, too much of a workout warrior and lack of production. Might be worth a flyer in the 7th.

Well its like what TedSlim said, Scott Long was in a complete mess at Louisville, poor talent and terrible coaching, which is why he lacks the production numbers.

Joey23
03-16-2010, 03:26 PM
I have caught some very spare highlights on him. Looks the real deal, soft hands, extends his arms to grab the ball in the air, good after the catch.

The only thing is that as highlights they only show his good plays and I noticed that in this vids he blew past the corner because he either gave him a lot of cushion or played him on the wrong shoulder, he never really had to break off the jam. Not saying he is not good at it, I just havent seen him even attempt it.

Regarding his production, well it wasnt all that terrible, its more of a matter of not starting early, getting injured and having a terrible supporting cast on his only full season as a starter. Non the less his numbers are not that terrible. Atleast better than Jimmy Graham's that everyone seems so fond of around here.

This are his 2009 numbers:

53 catches, 727 yards, 13.7 ypc and 2 TDs.

On a pro-style offense with a terrible QB, no one to draw coverage from him and awful playcalling.

Consider Benn got only 38 catches and 490 yards this year.

Lafells numbers where identical to Longs, except he got a lot of TDs.

So much for lack of production.

He is also far from a sleeper after the moster combine he had. I think he will be going somwhere in the 4th round, considering this a very poor year for receivers.

Charlie Brown
03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
He is also far from a sleeper after the moster combine he had. I think he will be going somwhere in the 4th round, considering this a very poor year for receivers.

I watched the Scouting combine and Scott Long was at the top of nearly every catagory but yet not one of the NFL network crew (Mike Mayock and others) were talking about him. They hardly even mentioned his name, I was waiting for them to talk more about him at the end of the Combine but they never really talked about him like I thought they would. So I would still consider him to be a sleeper since the "Draft experts" didnt really have much to say about him.

LouPhinFan
03-16-2010, 05:31 PM
He had a knee injury and a freak foot injury while here at Louisville. He's a good kid to boot as well. Someone's going to get a pretty good WR.

Stupid Kragthorpe...:hsmash: