PDA

View Full Version : Does D.Thomas come with a red flag?

SizzlingFins04
03-16-2010, 01:42 AM
Interesting to think if teams are throwing up the red flag on Thomas..? He has a broken leg and didn't participate in the combine nor his pro day but i heard something about him having a private workout sometime in April. What do you guys think?

skipp2myloo13
03-16-2010, 06:48 AM
he has a broken foot. he has no off field transgretions that should hold him bakc. He is very good, raw, and untapped. Isnt a finished product. CAtches the ball great, great sepperation, devastatingly effective run blocker.

dolfan_101
03-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Great seperation? *face palm*

Chubby
03-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Great seperation? *face palm*
When he has the ball in his hand he lays a nasty siff arm that normally seperates the Defenders Feet from the ground.
Chubbs

state06
03-16-2010, 10:48 AM
he would be a very good second round option for us. big, strong receiver catches the ball with his hands. does not shy from contact. Would add another element to our WR core for sure.

gdiaz0358
03-16-2010, 11:48 AM
my only concern with him is his limited action since GT was not a heavy passing team. other then that he does have what we need in a WR or everything that Ginn isnt lmao! sorry i had to do it.

skipp2myloo13
03-16-2010, 02:11 PM
If you know anything about GT football, you would know that in order for a receiver to help the team he ahs to stay within Nesitt's range which isnt very far. Sepperation from DB's in rare in that system, but seperation after the catch is what is really awe inspiring. He is one of the better raw talents ive seen using his body and speed after the catch. So i wouldnt "facepalm" anything about his seperation.

jim1
03-16-2010, 02:28 PM
If you know anything about GT football, you would know that in order for a receiver to help the team he ahs to stay within Nesitt's range which isnt very far. Sepperation from DB's in rare in that system, but seperation after the catch is what is really awe inspiring. He is one of the better raw talents ive seen using his body and speed after the catch. So i wouldnt "facepalm" anything about his seperation.

I have to disagree. Don't get me wrong, I like DT and would seriously consider taking him at #43. But watching him play, I would say that his 1st and 2nd gears are average and his lateral quickness is marginal. He's big and physical, which is great. Gotta love the blocking, stiff arm, leaping ability, aggressiveness, all of that- and I do. But he just doesn't seem all that fast and quick. I'll be surprised if he runs a sub 4.4 Stranger things have happened, though- he's a very smooth runner, so maybe his speed is deceptive. Even in that GT offense he did average 25 yards/catch, so he obviously was doing something very right.

hooshoops
03-16-2010, 02:35 PM
hmmm...i don't see separation...at all

skipp2myloo13
03-16-2010, 02:38 PM
i watched a good amount of his games and it seems his acceleration is a little slow but once he gets going he seems to really move for his size. His separation from DB's isnt always there, but its not like Nesbit could throw to an open receiver either. Too many times i have seen him locked up with a corner, pluck the ball out of the air, and out run his man to the goal to say that the separation doesnt exist. Just what i saw from watching him on Sat's

hooshoops
03-16-2010, 02:44 PM
what i saw was a guy who just physically overpowered overmatched guys when the ball was in the air but never ran away from anyone at any point...

guys in his hip pocket but he just outbigs them and outphysicals them to the ball... no real instances that i saw of him running by anyone on tape...

after the catch i saw him run away from a few people but not many opportunities where anyone had much of an angle either to catch him...cbs flailing at his legs or on the ground after the jump ball was won by bebe...safeties having to come from too far forward trying to stop that triple option and playing the run to have any real chance...

dolphinsbshaw72
03-16-2010, 08:45 PM
he would be a very good second round option for us. big, strong receiver catches the ball with his hands. does not shy from contact. Would add another element to our WR core for sure.

pat has him in the 1st round in his latest mock.. dont think he will see the 2nd round..

bobw999
03-16-2010, 08:50 PM
He seems to fly once he catches the ball and gets into open space. He's 6-3 so size is decent, just what Henne wants.

GT offense was all about the run but isn't that Miami's too? Would really help the R&R express (in its final year with 34 retiring :boohoo:).

I heard he might be a project but I think he will end up better than Patrick Turner.

bobw999
03-16-2010, 08:52 PM
pat has him in the 1st round in his latest mock.. dont think he will see the 2nd round..

If the Pats are smart they'll go defense. Look at the Saints and Colts game.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Bey Bey is a beast but he will fall to us in the second... Reason why did not have a combine or pro day... I say if we dont get him though plan B is Briscoe or Danario Alexander!!!!

skipp2myloo13
03-16-2010, 10:31 PM
If we touch Brizcoe or Lafell-I may just end it, my life i mean, not my fanship.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Briscoe I like in the fifth but Lafell I feel you on that he is super overrated but Id rather Take Alexander over briscoe

XxfeensterxX
03-17-2010, 12:35 AM
So basically this guy is a bigger Anquan Boldin? Not the quickest/fastest guy but can get open, especially using his strength & route running. Awesome run blocked and good YAC. Get him.

MiamiDolfan85
03-17-2010, 05:56 AM
Bey Bey is a beast but he will fall to us in the second... Reason why did not have a combine or pro day... I say if we dont get him though plan B is Briscoe or Danario Alexander!!!!
after Patrick Turner,I seriously doubt Miami goes big WR's.Nor do we need big WR's.We just need someone who can turn a 5-yard out to a 25 yard gain....thats the only element missing from the WR corps

MiamiDolfan85
03-17-2010, 06:05 AM
So basically this guy is a bigger Anquan Boldin? Not the quickest/fastest guy but can get open, especially using his strength & route running. Awesome run blocked and good YAC. Get him.
he goes 110% for that extra yard,which is what gets you YAC,and hes the best blocking WR,and its not even a competion among that,and physicality...he's exactly what we dont have,that we desperately need...Im sick of watching our offense get short passes,and cant turn thm into something more,and forced to struggle.Although I'll take it now,we shouldn't have to go through 15 play drives every game,that most of the time end up field-goals...it's unacceptable....

Danny
03-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Call me crazy but watching tape on him he reminds me or Michael Irvin....not very fast or quick but big and strong and will go get the football and makes plays.I just hope if we get him he's not a coke head.

Ozzy rules!!

Chubby
03-17-2010, 09:49 AM
after Patrick Turner,I seriously doubt Miami goes big WR's.Nor do we need big WR's.We just need someone who can turn a 5-yard out to a 25 yard gain....thats the only element missing from the WR corps

Actually no, the thing missing from our WR unit is a WR who can draw double teams and scare defenses. The 5-yard to a 25 yard gain comes within this territory i will agree.

And I do beleive Thomas can become that guy.
Chubbs