PDA

View Full Version : Is Aaron Hernandez falling out of the 1st round?

FinAtic8480
03-16-2010, 03:37 AM
According to the NFL Network, Florida TE Aaron Hernandez sat out the Combine due to a torn muscle in his back.
NFLN's Mike Mayock also notes "off-the-field issues" and size concerns that appear to be hurting Hernandez's stock. It's unclear if Hernandez needed surgery on his back, but we'll know he didn't if he's able to perform at UF's Pro Day on Wednesday. Mayock believes Hernandez could still go in round two

NFL Network's Mike Mayock said on Monday's Path to the Draft program that Clemson DE Ricky Sapp will probably last until round three.
If so, it'd likely be due to concerns about Sapp's knee, in which he tore the ACL at the end of his junior season. When healthy, Sapp is widely considered a first-round talent and ideal fit for 3-4 teams as a rush linebacker. Sapp admitted at the Combine that he played his whole senior year at 60 percent

According to NFL Network's Mike Mayock, "just about everyone in attendance" at Georgia Tech's Pro Day believed Derrick Morgan will be a 4-3 defensive end in the NFL -- not a 3-4 outside linebacker.
Morgan struggled badly when asked to drop and change direction at the Combine. He was a bit better at Monday's Pro Day, but at 6'3/266 Morgan's best fit appears to be as a base, 4-3 right or left defensive end. Mayock expects Morgan to be drafted somewhere in the top 10-20, though it appears we can cross most 3-4 clubs off the list of potential landing spots.

NFL Network's Mike Mayock reported on Monday's Path to the Draft program that he's "hearing nothing but third-round grades" on Georgia Tech RB Jonathan Dwyer from teams around the league.
Mayock notes concerns about Dwyer's speed (4.6), vision, and conversion coming out of Georgia Tech's triple-option offense, in which he essentially lined up at fullback three yards off the line of scrimmage. Dwyer was a tackle-breaking machine in college, but opinions on him seem to be decidedly mixed. He appears to have fallen completely off the first-round radar.

NFL Network's Steve Wyche reports that Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas (broken left foot) still plans to hold a private workout on April 12.
Thomas, who sat out the Yellow Jackets' Monday Pro Day while still in a walking boot, plans to shed the brace and resume running next week. By holding a workout and showing he's 100 percent before the draft, Thomas could perhaps secure a spot in the first round. He was running sub-4.4s before the injury. Mike Mayock thinks Thomas is a first-rounder regardless.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Hernandez was awesome in college, I wonder with all these concerns how far does he fall and if where will he be available.

Ricky Sapp & Morgan are two DE/OLB the Fins like.

Johnathan Dwyer I believed interview with Miami at the combine.

Valandui
03-16-2010, 05:33 AM
Was Aaron Hernandez ever in the first round?

Morey161
03-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Don't want him unless it's the 3rd round. He is pretty short.

HawkDolphan
03-16-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure he can block. Parcells' history is more of a bruising blocker that just happens to be able to catch if needed. Not a larger version of of a WR. Hernandez seems more of the latter IMHO.

I'm thinking Mark Bavaro, not Kellen Winslow, Jr.

TheBow305
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I don't think he was ever in the 1st round mix. The only first round TE is Jermaine Gresham.

RustyGator
03-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I don't think Hernandez was ever a 1st rounder either. What is this "off the field" issue business? I've NEVER heard of him being in any sort of trouble whatsoever. He's a phenomenal TE and will be a great addition to any team. He's a little short...but that didn't stop him from being an outstanding mismatch in college. I've seen every one of his games. He's a great player. While he's not the greatest of blockers, he is definitely a true option at receiving. Possibly not what the Dolphins are looking for. I'm thinking Patriots here.

Clipse
03-16-2010, 06:54 PM
As others have stated, he was never a 1st round prospect to me.