PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins on the clock today (3/16) ESPN First Take

rayfinkle5
03-16-2010, 10:04 AM
I know these things mean very little but thought some of you would be interested. If nobody else watches I will let you know who they pick for us.

Chubby
03-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Darlington already tweeted that he will explain why NT D. Williams will be our Pick :(. I think Jeff is being interviewed during our session of First Take.
Chubbs

54dolfan9923
03-16-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks fink. I am interested

Bta72dolphins
03-16-2010, 10:48 AM
I really hope our draft picks are focus on defense. We need to use FA or a trade to work on our offense.

a1csiriaS
03-16-2010, 10:51 AM
what time is it airing?

rayfinkle5
03-16-2010, 11:03 AM
what time is it airing?

Well, the first hour is complete and nothing about the Dolphins yet.

houtz
03-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Man that sucks. That show is so ****ing bad and you had to sit through it for one hour and not hear a thing about our Fins?

Poor guy.

Vaark
03-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Man that sucks. That show is so ****ing bad and you had to sit through it for one hour and not hear a thing about our Fins?

Poor guy.

That thick-thighed Dana woman is very "strangle-worthy." Skip Bayless is a pompous "no to it all but know nothing" moron. But still, I've still switched over from CNBC to gut it for what will surely be more nonesense.

rayfinkle5
03-16-2010, 11:34 AM
It's 11:30 (eastern) and they just went to commercial. Phins are coming up next.

a1csiriaS
03-16-2010, 11:47 AM
just watched it and man all three dudes interviewed have different guys bryant williams and kindel the more and more I hear the more convinced we pick Bryant at 12 Parcells and Sporano can def straighten the kid up like they did Davis dejavou all over again with the character issue player

Finsfalife
03-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Maybe they are of the mindset they would rather take their own headcase from birth rather than trying to straighten out someone elses.....sry for the bad dog reference

hemidemon
03-16-2010, 12:05 PM
just watched it and man all three dudes interviewed have different guys bryant williams and kindel the more and more I hear the more convinced we pick Bryant at 12 Parcells and Sporano can def straighten the kid up like they did Davis dejavou all over again with the character issue player
That means the FO is doing their job right. The draft is a poker game. Don't ever show your hand till it's time to lay your cards on the table. I'll bet all 3 are wrong.

The Furminister
03-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Its true, i dont recall one mock draft having us landing vonte davis.

Aqua and Orange
03-16-2010, 12:34 PM

Whoa...I read this and all I could think was "Who is Bryant Williams?"

Allow me to use the Aqua and Orange translator for this post for all who are interested in what the ESPN segment said:

"I just watched the segment and all three interviewees have the Dolphins taking different guys: Dez Bryant, Dan Williams, and Sergio Kindle. The more I hear the more convinced I am that we pick Bryant at 12. Bill Parcells and Tony Sparano can definitely straighten the kid up like they did Vontae Davis. Deja-vu all over again with a character issue player."

Easier to read with punctuation and spelling, no? :hi5:

TheBow305
03-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Man I hope Jon Ritchie was right. I want Dez!!

fiftyofhaze
03-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Dez or Dan....but what if berry falls. Oooooooooo the choices. Almost that time fellas. Get your popcorn ready.

ChambersWI
03-16-2010, 01:43 PM
For those that missed...

Jeff Darlington talked a bit. Said he thinks Miami is going to get a nose tackle in Dan Williams. Chad Henne is the guy, Pennington is only back to help Henne continue to develop

La'Roi Glover was asked about our biggest asset: Chose Karlos Dansby. Said that he brings so many things to our defense we lack.

Jon Ritchie asked about biggest weakness: Pass defense. We were forced to start 2 rookies, and tried the failed experiment of making Gibril Wilson at FS.

Ritchie asked about best draft pick: Jake Long. Top 3 tackle in the league, getting better every year.

Glover asked about worst draft pick: Supplemental draft pick of Manny Wright. Bad work ethic and immature, only lasted a year.

Ritchie's pick: Dez Bryant. Team is being built through the middle out and need a playmaker. Parcells will be willing to take Dez. Can catch unlike Ted Ginn.

Glover's pick: Sergio Kindle. Big time pass rusher. Fits great into 3-4.

Ritchie also said we'd be 7-9, Glover 8-8

krosston
03-16-2010, 03:37 PM
I think they are going to go with a FS (Earl Thomas) or OLB (Jerry Hughes or Brandon Graham)

Phinatic8u
03-16-2010, 03:58 PM
The only 2 players i want besides Dez are Berry & Thomas

dolphinsbshaw72
03-16-2010, 08:40 PM
i would be happy with dez,williams,thomas,berry.. not in that order.. i would actually move up a few spots for berry.. he could be special... anyone else i would just sit tight and take who's there.. but if i had to choose between dez,williams,thomas? it would be a toss up between dez and thomas.. thoughts? :up:

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-16-2010, 08:43 PM

I called Davis since the first time I seen him play but people stayed calling me crazy lol... He only had like one problem with his attitude and came out to be a great pick!!!

Clipse
03-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Funny. I recall the vast majority of mocks having us select Vontae Davis, or one of the other Cb's.

Roman529
03-17-2010, 12:19 AM
I'd be ok with Kindle or Brant, but prefer Bandom Graham. Dan Williams would be ok.,,,in ROUND 2, not a 12th overall pick.

PhinsTD
03-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Furminister, Draftcountdown.com had Vontae Davis to us for a few mocks at the end.

ChambersWI
03-17-2010, 12:33 PM
Funny. I recall the vast majority of mocks having us select Vontae Davis, or one of the other Cb's.

towards the end, but I think a lot of people didn't think he'd fall to us. Then we were hearing more about Donald Butler since he was local.