PDA

View Full Version : Looking at it NOW...Who do we pick 1st?

SackMaster
03-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Looking at our offseason activity and everything up to this point, I want this thread to be what WE as fans honestly beleive the Dolphins will select (or do) with our first overall pick.

What are your BOLD Predictions??!!

:thanks:

NYinBostonFin
03-16-2010, 02:35 PM
I predict this will be moved to the draft forum.

twg76
03-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Earl Thomas (as of March 16)

Nawledge
03-16-2010, 02:37 PM
i think we either go LB or S in round one, i also think theres a possibility that we trade down for extra picks but i honestly dont think that we will this year. I think we will keep #12 and definately go defense. I cant see them trading the first pick (Marshall or Bethea) UNLESS we somehow swap 1st with someone and gain extra picks later in the draft. Although i see this as an unlikely scenario.

twg76
03-16-2010, 02:39 PM
I cant see them trading the first pick (Marshall or Bethea) UNLESS we somehow swap 1st with someone and gain extra picks later in the draft. Although i see this as an unlikely scenario.

Yeah, and that's just sad. :boohoo:

You'd think Miami would make a power move and go get what they need even if it costs that 1st pick.

SackMaster
03-16-2010, 02:45 PM

Sorry, I should have done that but I didn't know how to...

thejetssuck
03-16-2010, 02:50 PM
If he is available at 12, you pick Dez Bryant, end of story.

d-day
03-16-2010, 02:51 PM
Sorry, I should have done that but I didn't know how to...

Same as starting a thread in the main except start it here...

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f75/

gnome011
03-16-2010, 03:46 PM

HA!!! Good call!

skipp2myloo13
03-16-2010, 08:47 PM
It will be Bryant, Thomas, Graham.

X-Pacolypse
03-16-2010, 08:56 PM
It's between Brandon Graham and Earl Thomas.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Bryant if he falls if not then brandon graham and draft a FS in second or third...

Charlie Brown
03-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Its so hard to tell, we could go so many different directions.

This draft class is below average in WR and DT so take that into consideration.

Based on history, Parcells and Nolan likes OLB's and big physical players.

I think it will be Sergio Kindle, i dont like it but he has the "Parcells size&speed"

Roman529
03-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Looking at our offseason activity and everything up to this point, I want this thread to be what WE as fans honestly beleive the Dolphins will select (or do) with our first overall pick.

What are your BOLD Predictions??!!

:thanks:

Safe Pick: Rolando McClain
Vanilla Pick: Dan Williams
Sleeper Pick: CJ Spiller
WTF Pick: Mt. Cody :ohno:

Realistic Pick: We trade down three or four spots and take Brandon Graham. :woot:

XxfeensterxX
03-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Brandon Graham all the way. He is what we NEED for an SOLB.

It all starts up front, and with Wake and Taylor on the other side, look out.

JCane
03-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Draft Eric Berry or GTFO.

ColonelJ
03-17-2010, 12:39 AM
We pick a playmaker: Eric Berry, Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller, Brandon Graham, Ryan Mathews, Golden Tate, Demaryius Thomas, Rejus Benn.

Possum
03-17-2010, 12:44 AM
Draft Eric Berry or GTFO.
this

TheBow305
03-17-2010, 01:09 AM
I think it will be one of either Dez Bryant (if he is there), JPP, Sergio Kindle, Earl Thomas or Derrick Morgan.

Gun to my head I'd probably say Sergio Kindle. But I honestly think Dez is starting to creep more and more into the conversation with each passing day.

SackMaster
03-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Awesome posts guys.
I like the predictions.
I'm thinking Sergio Kindle or Dan Williams, somehow, someway

ChadHenne
03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
I'll go through the list. (in realistic terms, so forget Eric Berry).

Who do I think the Dolphins will draft? Earl Thomas
Who do I want the Dolphins to draft? Either Brandon Graham or Dez Bryant
Who would upset me if the Dolphins drafted him? I'd say JPP, simply because he's a physical specimen with no true track record.

Danny
03-18-2010, 08:57 PM
even the front office doesn't know at this point who they'll take at 12.

Ozzy rules!!

Aqua and Orange
03-18-2010, 09:28 PM
I think the Dolphins will do EVERYTHING to trade down later in the draft.

When they are unable to do that, I think they'll draft Earl Thomas.

I want them to draft Dez Bryant, but hey...we have Patrick Turner! Why would we go and do something silly like drafting Dez Bryant?!

OrlandoFin
03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
In my post combine mock I have Berry falling to Miami at #12 and Miami jumping all over him.

SR 7
03-18-2010, 09:44 PM
if Graham coems in he will start week 1, he will man the SOLB spot by handling the Run, the Rush, and possibly covering. He can also play DE on obvious passing downs.

showstopper
03-18-2010, 09:57 PM
I predict on March 18, 1. Dez Bryant, if he is still there. 2. Trade down, if there is a decent deal and then take 3. Graham, and you take 4. Thomas, if there is no trade.

JamesBW43
03-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Earl Thomas

LikeUntoGod
03-18-2010, 10:19 PM
History shows that Dez Byrant has a 50% chance to be a bust.

skipp2myloo13
03-18-2010, 10:50 PM

Film shows me 0%. Ill take the more relevant of the 2 statistics.

The Goat
03-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Film shows me 0%. Ill take the more relevant of the 2 statistics.

I was unaware that film was a statistic.

505PhinFan
03-19-2010, 02:56 AM
Has to be Dez Bryant...if he's off the board then Dan Williams or a trade down and if Williams falls great, and if not there's a few other DTs to be scooped up. Kindle and Graham at 12??? I want some of what you guys are smokin...

dolphinsbshaw72
03-19-2010, 08:48 AM

the draft is a game of chance anyway.. look how many picks have been a sure fire thing but ended up being a bust.. you just need to do your homework and hope the guy you pick pans out like you want him to.. dez could be a bust.. but he could be just what we needed to.. just like thomas.. williams.. kindle.. and all those othere top guys we are talking about... they coud be awesome and play for years or they could be a bust.. lets hope the pick the right one..lol :crazy:

emeraldfin
03-19-2010, 09:14 AM
If available I really hope Bryant is our guy. With the receiver position been unaddressed in FA, we need to go after a WR with our first two picks. Waiting till 43 is risky as there is no certainty that Tate, Thomas, or Benn will be there.

If Bryant is not there, then I could live with Graham or Thomas.

ColonelJ
03-19-2010, 09:15 AM
We should pick Demaryius Thomas. That's one guy we can't miss, nor should we let others take him.

XxfeensterxX
03-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Has to be Dez Bryant...if he's off the board then Dan Williams or a trade down and if Williams falls great, and if not there's a few other DTs to be scooped up. Kindle and Graham at 12??? I want some of what you guys are smokin...

You dont think Brandon Graham is worth #12? But Dan Williams is?

Please, Brandon Graham might be the best SOLB in the draft. Obviously he could be the worst, but im pretty sure he will have a VERY sucessful career.

Digital
03-20-2010, 01:34 AM
My guess is Sergio Kindle. We're a 34, which is driven by it's LB's. We hired a talented new DC in Nolan, and I suspect we will give him the horses to make a difference, starting with a new shiny LB.

Brandon Graham and Derrick Morgan aren't great fits at OLB. Hughes and some of the others aren't big enough. JPP doesn't have the lengthy track record that Parcells craves. Earl Thomas is a great FS but he's a tad small to justify that salary in a Parcells defense ... now if Eric Berry falls, then all bets are off. IMHO, Spiller is a smokescreen. We have the DL, we have young CB's and SS. I can see us playing a CB as a converted FS. We need to improve our defense, so I suspect it will be a LB.

MiamiSportsGen
03-20-2010, 09:40 AM
The truth is that nobody can really agree on who Miami will pick ever since Dansby came to town. Before that there was some common belief that McClain was the guy. But now that we've filled the ILB need, it leaves all the other doors open.

Here's a chunk from the article I wrote yesterday on this very issue:

A recent article by Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, hints at the possibility that Miami could take an outside line backer at number 12 (with a bit of advice from ESPN's Todd McShay). According to McShay's insight, Derrick Morgan (Georgia Tech) and Jason Pierre-Paul (South Florida) are the best "bang for your buck" picks with the 12th pick. Salguero inquired into other options at OLB like Brandon Graham (Michigan), Sergio Kindle (Texas) and Jerry Hughes (TCU), but McShay cautioned that those options may not be worthy of such a high draft selection...

The Sun-Sentinel's Omar Kelly laid out 10 "possible targets" that he believes Miami will choose from in the first round. They are as follows:
Tennessee DT Dan Williams; Texas DE/OLBer Sergio Kindle; Michigan DE/OLBer Brandon Graham (MVP of the Senior Bowl); Georgia Tech DE/OLBer Derrick Morgan; Tennessee FS Eric Berry; Texas FS Earl Thomas; Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant; Clemson RB C.J. Spiller, Oklahoma TE Jermaine Gresham; and Florida CB Joe Haden....

Rounding out the Tri-County area of South Florida was Edgar Thompson, of the Palm Beach Post, who furthered the point that there is no consensus in sight regarding the Dolphins first pick of the draft. In his own words, "[a]mong 14 mock drafts, eight different players were projected to land in South Florida." Simply put, analysts, writers and draft junkies alike are all clearly divided on this issue.

Thompson's mock draft list labels familiar names, like Williams, Kindle, Graham, Pierre-Paul, Spiller and Bryant, but also adds DE Jared Odrick (Penn State) and S Taylor Mays (USC) into the equation.

These three writers alone provide over a dozen potential draftees, while countless sources include even more prospects to the discussion. Thus, we are left with a blur of Miami's future.

Phin-Phan 66
03-20-2010, 02:15 PM
I love Dez and I love Brandon Graham. In the end, if Dez is there (which before his pro day it looks like he will be ) a big decision has to be made.
After he has a great pro day - it may be just Brandon Graham. With a lights out pro day - Dez may be gone.
I love Brandon Graham and see him as a can't miss player which is what you have to get in Round 1.

SackMaster
03-30-2010, 05:59 AM
I really want Dez. I don't think the Dolphins will get him even if he's there unfortunatley it's not Parcells' style. They beleive in big guys in the trenches and linebackers...

My bold prediction is:
DAN WILLIAMS

silvrwrx
03-30-2010, 06:31 AM
My first choice would be: Dez Bryant because...well look at our WR
My second choice would be: Earl Thomas..nasty player with ball hawking mentality
I'd be sad if we draft: Dan Willaims and Sergio Kindle---too early for both guys not a good value pick.

wildvillage519
03-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Who I think they will draft: Derrick Morgan DE/OLB

Who I would like to draft: Eric Berry FS or Sean Weatherspoon ILB in a 3-4 (I just like these to guys swagger)

BARF
03-30-2010, 09:02 PM
draft is to deep at lb we need to get a fs first berry or thomas, then we go lb and then wr