PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins absent from Pitt pro day today

TheBow305
03-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Chris Steuber of Scout.com is reporting that the Dolphins were one of only three teams absent from Pitt's pro day today. The other were the Broncos and Rams.

"I'm reporting that 29 NFL teams attended Pitt's Pro Day today. The only teams not present were the Broncos, Dolphins and Rams. "
http://twitter.com/chrissteuber

I find these pretty surprising considering that all I've heard up until this point is that we were smitten with TE Dorin Dickerson. :err:

TedSlimmJr
03-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Not surprised by it......no reason for Parcells to be sending people to scout a 6'1" "tight end" that's never had a true position in college and still doesn't....

As far as TE's are concerned....if you're not 6'4"...you're not on Parcells draft board...

FinAtic8480
03-16-2010, 04:25 PM
He could be scheduled for a private workout here in Miami.

JCfinfan
03-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Maybe they didnt want to see wanny since he screwed our Fins for 10 years.

On a serious note, I agree with FinAtic. If we want to see someone, we will just invite them to visit.

TheBow305
03-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Ehh, it's possible, but we were also at places like Toledo and Purdue. Why be there and not at Pitt.

If not for anything else but to take an early look at Jonathan Baldwin! :up:

ckparrothead
03-16-2010, 04:41 PM
They've already spoken with Dorin Dickerson, several times I believe.

ckparrothead
03-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I'm actually shocked that 29 teams were there. Was there an add-on player that was working out with them? Dorin Dickerson is really the only draftable player coming out of Pitt this year. Miami's already seen Dickerson several times, they saw him at the Senior Bowl and again at the Combine. They didn't really need to see him again. In fact they draft players all the time whose pro days they didn't attend if I remember correctly. But 29 teams came to see Dickerson? That's pretty amazing.

Tunaphish429
03-16-2010, 04:48 PM
That 40 time opens up alot of teams eye's...

This is when teams draft a player too high and then he does nothing..

I could see this Te ending up like that

newlownorder
03-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Won't be the first time the dolphins have drafted a player without going to their pro day.