PDA

View Full Version : I don't think we will draft a NT in the 1st round.

TXFinFan
03-16-2010, 05:42 PM
I mentioned this in a couple other threads, but I thought it deserved its own thread, so here goes.

We will not take a NT with our 1st pick. Not because NT is not a need for us, but because there are no NT's worth the #12 pick this year. The real value this year with the #12 pick is at OLB, S, & Dez Bryant.

Another point I'd like to make is that I think people are assuming that Parcells is calling all the shots, but I think Parcells is mostly providing input and guidance, and Ireland is calling all the shots. So, people assuming that because Parcells never picked a WR in the 1st, that we won't draft Dez Bryant, are most likely mistaken.

OK. Flame away. :ohno:

Tunaphish429
03-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I really think the opposite...I think Dan Williams is too good for us to pass up...

But he may not even be there honestly...Bills may nab him first..

He had really good production has great size and bulk...

He does not get off blocks well but can take on muliple blockers, which is needed in a 34 NT..

I actually think he is better than Mccoy, Just my opinion.

TXFinFan
03-16-2010, 05:54 PM
I really think the opposite...I think Dan Williams is too good for us to pass up...

But he may not even be there honestly...Bills may nab him first..

He had really good production has great size and bulk...

He does not get off blocks well but can take on muliple blockers, which is needed in a 34 NT..

I actually think he is better than Mccoy, Just my opinion.

I'm a little concerned that he may be a 1 year wonder. Also, don't you think Berry, Bryant, Thomas, & Graham provide better value at #12.

52CANES
03-16-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm a little concerned that he may be a 1 year wonder. Also, don't you think Berry, Bryant, Thomas, & Graham provide better value at #12.

I'm also worried since he's never even played NT as far as I know.

TXFinFan
03-17-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm also worried since he's never even played NT as far as I know.

Yep, I'm definitely concerned with that as well.

krosston
03-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I agree that we won't take a NT in the first. As a matter of fact, I could see us not taking a NT until the 6th, maybe the 5th if we get a compensatory pick. I think the dolphins will be eyeing Dan Owens out of Georgia or possibly even Brandon Deaderick out of Alabama. He backed up Cody but was limited due to injury and still graded out pretty good, especially against the run.

j-off-her-doll
03-17-2010, 02:33 PM

I'm a little concerned that he isn't a that great.

Even if he falls to the 2nd, I'd almost certainly look elsewhere.

No1Phinatic
03-20-2010, 02:17 PM
odrick will be our pick at 12 not sure if i like it or not

No1Phinatic
03-20-2010, 02:18 PM
williams might be gone before 12
he is no longer considered much of a reach at all for a 3-4 team needing nt

ColonelJ
03-20-2010, 02:24 PM
odrick will be our pick at 12 not sure if i like it or not

I would not like that pick because we have Merling who is essentially the same player.

No1Phinatic
03-20-2010, 02:25 PM
owens will be our pick in 4th
they will double up on NT this draft
one article i read had a good point of how they used to rotate the nose between a bigger and smaller guy in dallas
we have the big guy already in solaia
its ferg, the smaller half of the equation, being replaced after he plays half of next season
all speculation on my part i know no sources just love to try to guess based on what i read cant wait for draft to get here

No1Phinatic
03-20-2010, 02:43 PM
I would not like that pick because we have Merling who is essentially the same player.

good point i agree
there is a david hyde piece with the draftnik guy(that i can no longer find a link to) that talks about odrick and merling both
he thinks that merling was not losing weight to play olb as was speculated but to stay at de
i am just not understaning their supposed interest in smaller guys who should fit at de like owens and odrick and no talk at all about williams or mt cody or cam thomas

ColonelJ
03-20-2010, 03:07 PM
None of the guys at the top of the draft are value for NT position. We should focus on Jay Ross, Kade Weston, in very late rounds. Only about 20 DT are selected each year, usually about 18, and Kade Weston and Jay Ross should be there in the sixth.

Ed Norton
03-20-2010, 03:50 PM
You hear so much this team is going after that and that team is going after this at this time of the year it can make your head spin. I really hope they get a real NT in addition to Ferguson somehow and options are running out. I had thought Cody would be there in the 2nd round but now I don't know what if somebody grabs him late 1st? I think Cody might be the safest bet to be a real 3-4 NT and I wouldn't rule out taking him at 12. It might be a reach but then again if he can be as bad arse as I think maybe it's not so bad. It's a real mess with that defense becuase if Berry is there they might have to take him. Especially if is the playmaker a lot of us think he might be. I like Brandon Graham a lot too. This is one tough pick to try figure out I can't wait until draft day. This defense is such a mess I guess a good player at almost any position is a win:lol:

No1Phinatic
03-20-2010, 04:07 PM
I think I like this site: http://www.universaldraft.com/

One of these guys is the one contributing to sun-sentinel on draft.
Probably old news to most of you but I just found it from a Dave Hyde blog.