PDA

View Full Version : If Berry AND Bryant are available

malzacher
03-16-2010, 09:41 PM
If we do not address any of these positions through Fa and both Dez and Eric are available, who would you guys rather have? I think Dez being being referred to as a "Diva" is blown way out of proportion. Imo I would love for us to take dez because he is the Flashy pick and could be great for years to come with Henne and I think our front office would do great in dealing with his personality. On the other hand, wr class is deep and I think you can't pass on a guy like Berry. Trade up a few spots in the second round to snag Thomas, hes a monster. I think the front office would look at it like they did 2 years ago when they went Lt then QB. Gotta get your foundation first

malzacher
03-16-2010, 09:45 PM
that would be the smarter thing to do

52CANES
03-16-2010, 09:45 PM
If we do not address any of these positions through Fa and both Dez and Eric are available, who would you guys rather have? I think Dez being being referred to as a "Diva" is blown way out of proportion. Imo I would love for us to take dez because he is the Flashy pick and could be great for years to come with Henne and I think our front office would do great in dealing with his personality. On the other hand, wr class is deep and I think you can't pass on a guy like Berry. Trade up a few spots in the second round to snag Thomas, hes a monster. I think the front office would look at it like they did 2 years ago when they went Lt then QB. Gotta get your foundation first

I think the Dolphins would have the card with Eric Berry's name on it to the podium before the Broncos pick could hold up his jersey for a picture.

oasis
03-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Hmm good question. Might be against the grain here but I think I take Bryant. Here's why.

I agree that Berry could be a rare Ed Reed-like talent. But...there's a chance he may turn out to be simply a "good" safety. We can get a "good" safety later in the draft (maybe Thomas, more likely Jones).

I guess what I'm saying is I'd rather have a star at WR than safety. You need a smart guy back there to lead the secondary, but he doesn't have to be a star. Just competent. Look how well Renaldo Hill did for us back there.

I'm not convinced Eric Berry will change or affect how an offense plays us. But I am convinced a speedy, big receiver will at least get our offense some more respect.

You know, actually what I'd rather do is get Berry and MAKE SURE (by trading up if necessary) I get WR Thomas.

EDIT: LOL, and now I realize that's exactly what the OP said. Good thinking!

JCfinfan
03-16-2010, 09:53 PM
If Berry is available for us at 12, it is a no-brainer for me. I still think Dez is going to fall into the 20's.

Phinatic8u
03-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Pass out.

milldog
03-16-2010, 09:59 PM
No-brainer....Berry all fricken day!

Clipse
03-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Not a debate really. Eric Berry.

MP-Omnis
03-16-2010, 10:03 PM
I guess what I'm saying is I'd rather have a star at WR than safety. You need a smart guy back there to lead the secondary, but he doesn't have to be a star. Just competent. Look how well Renaldo Hill did for us back there.

Well, there's a reason they're called a Safety. I think you can scheme your way around a lack of #1 receiver talent. That doesn't work well with safeties. Not for us, anyway. We still scored 30+ points a lot of the time with what we had, but then we also gave up that much.

That said, I would take Eric Berry without flinching. Earl Thomas won't be there in round 2, but Demaryius Thomas probably will be.

TedSlimmJr
03-16-2010, 10:13 PM
As Charles Barkley would say....

"Gimme Uric Burry"...

Danny
03-16-2010, 10:14 PM
what would you guys do if you could see an Iron Maiden concert or an Ozzy concert? Which concert would you go see? What would be the song list?

Ozzy rules!!

ColonelJ
03-16-2010, 10:14 PM
Eric Berry.

52CANES
03-16-2010, 10:16 PM
what would you guys do if you could see an Iron Maiden concert or an Ozzy concert? Which concert would you go see? What would be the song list?

Ozzy rules!!

Right now? Iron Maiden... in their prime? Ozzy

dolphinsbshaw72
03-16-2010, 10:40 PM
stop dreaming.. berry will not fall out of the top ten.. i dont think he will fall out of the top five to be honest..

newlownorder
03-16-2010, 10:43 PM
trade down cause someone is going to want one of them.

hooshoops
03-16-2010, 10:50 PM
i think i would take eric berry and then i would try to trade pick #43 and ted ginn and his family and something else to get up to #13 and take dez bryant...

i know i would at least look into the cost to get that done...

2 studs

3rdandinches
03-16-2010, 11:05 PM
1st off 11 GM's should be fired then we go to the podium dancing all the way!

E.Berry, baby!!!

JCane
03-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Let's draft Dez Bryant and then all cry in our hands when we have to play against the GREAT Eric Berry and Dez Bryant is held to ZERO catches because we're afraid to throw the football anywhere near the same area code of Eric Berry.

This is a no-brainer.

Errrrrrrrrrric Beeeerrrrrrry!

Mazinator1027
03-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Right now? Iron Maiden... in their prime? Ozzy

Metallica or Iron Maiden?
For me Metallica is a no brainer.

Ricky4Life
03-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Berry. If we took Bryant over Berry I would debate carving my Fins tattoo out of my arm.

SamIam
03-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Berry by a mile

Namor
03-16-2010, 11:59 PM
b.e.r.r.y

TheBow305
03-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Wow, what a dream scenario that would be! I'd be ECSTATIC with either! But first, I'd see what San Fran is willing to give up to move up one spot, because I'm sure they would want Berry as well. Maybe draft Berry and trade him to San Fran for their #13 pick and pick up a 2nd or 3rd in the process. Then take Dez Bryant.

But if that doesn't happen, I would just take Berry, then try like hell to trade back into the 1st and select Demaryius Thomas at the end of the first. Wow, Demaryius Thomas and Eric Berry would be a dream come true on Day one!

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-17-2010, 12:20 AM
We will take Brandon Spikes...

XxfeensterxX
03-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Eric Berry , this isnt even close.

Defense is our biggest problem. If we play defense last year we go to the playoffs.

bryan
03-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Eric Berry and Dez Bryant available at #12.........if you want to fantasize.......go check out the ladies lounge. :d-day:

Clipse
03-17-2010, 01:21 AM

Ozzy rules!!
Boy, that's a tough one, I'd prefer Iron Maiden though, no offense to Ozzy.

Clipse
03-17-2010, 01:23 AM
Metallica or Iron Maiden?
For me Metallica is a no brainer.
Metallica has been awful for awhile.

JCane
03-17-2010, 01:23 AM
Metallica has been awful their entire career.

Fixed that for you.

:hi5:

CedarPhin
03-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Got to go with Berry. He shores up the secondary immediately.

SamIam
03-17-2010, 02:06 AM
It could happen

Rams: Bradford ( need a QB )
Lions: Suh ( need D help )
TB: Mccoy (need D help )
Wash: Okung ( need a LT )
KC: Bulaga ( need to protect their 60mil QB )
Seattle: Clausen ( need a QB )
Browns: Dez ( Holmgren loves Wr's )
Oak: Trent Williams ( need a LT )
Buff: Anthony Davis ( need a LT )
Jags: Haden/Thomas ( need DB help and already signed a DE via FA)
Den: Mcclain ( need ILB )
Miami: ERIC BERRY

XxfeensterxX
03-17-2010, 02:26 AM
Who thought Rey M. was gonna get as far as he did last year? You never know. But Berry is probaly a lock top 10 pick. Not many prospects come a long like him.

JCane
03-17-2010, 02:29 AM
Who thought Rey M. was gonna get as far as he did last year? You never know. But Berry is probaly a lock top 10 pick. Not many prospects come a long like him.

I did, actually. I wish I could find that thread where I said Brian Cushing would be the first USC linebacker off the board and how he would adapt to the NFL game IMMEDIATELY. Jesus...I got slapped around for WEEKS after those comments lol. Wonder where those posters are today...

MadDog 88
03-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Berry without a second thought. In 2-3 years that would be one helluva secondary.

HurriPhin
03-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Berry without a second thought. In 2-3 years that would be one helluva secondary.

In 2-3 games...:up:

Armglocks33
03-17-2010, 05:01 AM
If we get berry (miracle pending), we will have by far the makings of the nastiest secondary for years to come.

Phinatic8u
03-17-2010, 06:42 AM
I would still pass out & wake up & have Berry playing whatever position he wants

seltzer37
03-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Eric Berry a Ball Hawking Safety you can get a Rec. in the second round.

Clipse
03-17-2010, 07:27 AM
Fixed that for you.

:hi5:
True, true. Megadeth > Metallica as far as I'm concerned, and not even close.

Clipse
03-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Rey M. fell because of a drinking problem and immaturity though.

outlawd2u
03-17-2010, 09:31 AM
It could happen

Miami: ERIC BERRY

This gets somewhat questionable at #7 but completely falls apart at #10. If the Jags need DB help why in the world wouldn't they pick Berry? Unless you just meant CB help, but Thomas is going to be a safety and the Jags do need a safety. I see a lot of these posts of how Berry could fall to #12 and while the reasoning behind them makes some sense because of teams needs one thing always gets overlooked IMO. Like with this scenerio after pick #2 Berry would be the best player available in the draft..... I'm sorry but 8 consecutive teams aren't passing on the BPA.

XxfeensterxX
03-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Rey M. fell because of a drinking problem and immaturity though.

Berry LOVES drinking and partying. I actually saw him at the bar, start spreading it around the internet quick. :crazy:

Clipse
03-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Berry LOVES drinking and partying. I actually saw him at the bar, start spreading it around the internet quick. :crazy:
I hear he likes to kick kittens as well.

Pope Shula XIV
03-17-2010, 11:13 PM
If Eric Berry falls to us at 12 and we pick up Thomas in the 2nd round, I would be ecstatic!

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Let's see........would you rather have someone jab a stick in your eye or give you a large sum of money.
yeh it's that simple.
Berry

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-17-2010, 11:29 PM
True, true. Megadeth > Metallica as far as I'm concerned, and not even close.

No way man.....kill'em all? Ride the lightning? No way!

:koolbang:

state06
03-18-2010, 12:57 AM
take berry. then draft your WR next year simple!

j-off-her-doll
03-18-2010, 07:45 AM
Jesus Christ, you kids and your metal.

A: Berry.

He's one of the two best players in the draft and the best that fits a position of need for the Dolphins.

Wildbill3
03-18-2010, 07:53 AM
It could happen

Miami: ERIC BERRY Good point, if the fins felt that WR was the priority to fixing and making our team playoff bound we would've gotten at least bryant. S is definately a big hole in our secondary and they feel berry could possibly fall to us. if not look for them to pick one up after the june cuts/trade for one.

Clipse
03-18-2010, 08:35 PM
No way man.....kill'em all? Ride the lightning? No way!

:koolbang:
I like some of Metallica's earlier albums. But then they sold out tand started making total **** after the black album.

The Goat
03-18-2010, 11:27 PM
I hear he likes to kick kittens as well.

HEY!

Stop stealing my schtick. :)

#1dolphinsfan
03-19-2010, 12:47 AM
I like Bryant better but i wouldnt be upset no matter who we picked out of the two or we could draft Dez with the 12th pick and then trade up to the 13th pick and draft Eric berry

AquaAdrenaline
03-19-2010, 01:46 AM
Eric Berry for sure.

Of all the first round picks, Bryant is more likely to pull a Crabtree than anyone else. Berry seems like the kind of guy who wants to show up to training camp on time and get better. You can also look at it this way: If Bryant turns out to be average, people will say that they expected it to happen. But if Berry turns out to be average, it won't be because of lack of effort.

COphinphan89
03-19-2010, 02:42 AM
If there were an actual thread attached to this poll, I think we would have a shutout on our hands. Of course, there will always be a couple jokers who would try to ruin it.

Give me Eric Berry and pre-90s Metallica all day, every day.

JCane
03-19-2010, 02:44 AM
Wait...why the hell would Jacksonville select inferior secondary help in Joe Haden or Earl Thomas when they could have the best player in the draft if he's there?

That just seems dumb. Like putting a screen door on a submarine dumb.