PDA

View Full Version : Blair White?

NoblePhin
03-17-2010, 03:26 AM
where is this man projected to get drafted? he reminds me of wes welker (not because of him being white) but i can imagine him developing into a nice shifty smart, slot receiver. wouldn't mind having someone like him back on our team.

3rdandinches
03-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Projected 4/5 but will go late 3rd or early 4th and who ever gets him will get one heck of a football player. I hope it's us!

Pat-London
03-17-2010, 07:34 AM
The Blair White Project I suspect will go in the 4th. Id love him to drop though so we could have a shot.

At 6'2" 210lbs he's certainly not a Welker type. Id put him in the Jennings (Green Bay) mould. Sub 4.5 with top notch 3 Cone and very nice 20 yard shuttle drill times.

I hope we nab him somewhere... Do they "reach" with him in the 4th like Hartline last year, possibly, however I still think TE is a bigger need than WR at the moment. He'd be very good value in the 4th.

NoblePhin
03-17-2010, 03:13 PM
wow i didnt know he had those measurables. He just looks like he will be good in 3 years.

TedSlimmJr
03-17-2010, 03:54 PM
I have a mid-3rd round grade on him.....I think he could come off somewhere between picks 75-90....

X-Pacolypse
03-17-2010, 03:57 PM
You've heard of the "Marks Brothers" and the "R&R Express." Now get ready for Miami's next great duo, "The White Boyz" (Brian Hartline & Blair White)

NoblePhin
03-17-2010, 04:04 PM
for a 3-4 round prospect, he looks like he has more potential in this league than hartline and turner combined. What do we see in Hartline that makes us think he has a high ceiling?

state06
03-17-2010, 04:35 PM
for a 3-4 round prospect, he looks like he has more potential in this league than hartline and turner combined. What do we see in Hartline that makes us think he has a high ceiling?

showed all the signs of a very good receiver. big play threat but not in any way similar to ginn. gets good separation and had a nice YPC.produced as a rookie when we were all focused on what Turner would do..all this in his rookie season with a 1st year starting QB. the chemistry with him and Henne should be even better this season and he should produce even more.

Elliott 1
03-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Academic all american. 3.89 GPA in human biology

Walked on a skinny a little guy who ran a 4.9 as a freshman.

This guy actually seems to be able to accomplish anything he sets out to do.

I would draft him just based on his heart and intellect, but his size and quickness combination is remarkable. He was right behind Scott Long in a lot of those leading times in the drills.

DOC33
03-17-2010, 05:10 PM
White's triangle numbers are really good. Size wise he is built more like Jordy Nelson the WR from K-St who went to GB in the second rd a couple of years ago. He is much quicker than you would think his combine numbers..... 10 yd split was 1.50 which was among the best and as a comparison Easley and Mitchell were in the 1.53 range his short shuttle was 4.03 which is unbelieveable for a player that weighs 210 lbs. Again comparing him to Easley and Mitchell they ran 4.60 and 4.55 respectively. One more, his 3 cone was 6.65 while Easley ran a 6.94 and Mitchell ran a 6.96. This is significant because MIA focused on Hartline last year partly because his numbers in the 3 cone and SS were among the best. White weighs about 15 pounds more than Hartline. White is a much better player than given credit for on fan boards.

PhinsTD
03-17-2010, 06:25 PM
White has great hands and solid body control in addition to the comments above.

I'm honestly surprised how little love he gets. It's as though fans think he isn't a great athlete for some reason.

finfan54
03-17-2010, 10:24 PM
watched him a little in the senior bowl. didnt get the ball much. but he had that look.

he just looks like a football player who will work hard to become the best he can be. Thats all anyone can ask for.

The key here is if he has a hot blonde wife to be that he shows off, then that is a sign of us taking him.

ckparrothead
03-18-2010, 12:54 AM
I have a mid-3rd round grade on him.....I think he could come off somewhere between picks 75-90....

That's about where I would start looking for him. Very high on him.

NoblePhin
03-18-2010, 12:58 AM
if we can get him or dickerson below the 3rd round Id be a happy man

Pat-London
03-18-2010, 04:32 AM
All that has been mentioned about him re the intangibles are things that this organisation likes in players. Didnt think he would/could be rated so high, I guess with his combine numbers he's moving up.

Has he had his pro day yet? any feedback from that?

Will be interesting to see if Henne gets some time with him.

hooshoops
03-18-2010, 07:44 AM
i just don't see huge upside in blair white...better yet i just don't see him as a candidate to fit what we need to complete this wr core given what we have in house already...

finfan54
03-18-2010, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=hooshoops;1063372468]i just don't see huge upside in blair white...better yet i just don't see him as a candidate to fit what we need to complete this wr core given what we have in house already...[/QUOTE

I would bet he would be better than Ginn by far. Thats one way to look at it.

But many WR's to choose from IMO. Take your pick based on what you want in a player and where they will go compared to what else you need/want.

#1dolphinsfan
03-18-2010, 06:08 PM
We dont need anymore #2 or #3 WRs we need a #1

NoblePhin
03-18-2010, 06:08 PM
[quote=hooshoops;1063372468]i just don't see huge upside in blair white...better yet i just don't see him as a candidate to fit what we need to complete this wr core given what we have in house already...[/QUOTE

I would bet he would be better than Ginn by far. Thats one way to look at it.

But many WR's to choose from IMO. Take your pick based on what you want in a player and where they will go compared to what else you need/want.

good mock sir

DOC33
03-18-2010, 06:29 PM
i just don't see huge upside in blair white...better yet i just don't see him as a candidate to fit what we need to complete this wr core given what we have in house already...

FYI Blair White ran 4.40 at his pro day ( it was either Wed or Thurs this week ). Granted many of the university tracks are quicker than say the one at the combine but still that is a very good time. I would not discount his ability to grow into a #1 WR. I would keep an eye on he and Joe Webb. I could see both of these guys being on MIA's radar if they can get them in the third round or later.