PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks tip Hand?

TraderJoe
03-17-2010, 11:32 AM
http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/13682485?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

Seahawks tip hand by cutting FS Grant? (http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/20489270)

Last year the Seahawks made it clear they were targeting Wake Forest outside linebacker Aaron Curry with the fourth overall pick by trading away their incumbent starter at the position, veteran Julian Peterson to the Detroit Lions days before the draft.

Are they making a similar statement this year by cutting safety Deon Grant?

Some will point out that Grant was due four million in 2010 and that the Seahawks' pass defense ranked 30th in the league last year. Grant, however, was arguably the team's most consistent player in the secondary last year and was a solid addition to the team since signing as a free agent three years ago. He was a team captain last year.

Without Deon Grant on the roster, the Seahawks' most experienced safety is Jordan Babineaux, a hybrid corner, who has flashed potential and impressed with his occasional big plays, but has struggled as an open field tackler.

Might the release of Grant signal that the Seahawks are looking heavily at Tennessee safety Eric Berry with the sixth overall pick?

Or that Pete Carroll is positioning himself to take his former All-American Taylor Mays with the 14th pick?

Perhaps Seattle, as Eric Williams of the Tacoma News Tribune suggests (http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/03/16/1111137/seahawks-part-ways-with-grant.html) , is just starting a salary cap purge with Grant.

skipp2myloo13
03-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Grant played SS for them, i dont see the connection.

footsteps falco
03-17-2010, 05:07 PM
taylor mays seems more like a SS to me

Aqua and Orange
03-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Deon Grant was awful for them last year. Mystery solved.

SR 7
03-17-2010, 05:31 PM
Mays becoems their SS most likely either way but that aside (assuming) i believe they go Berry at 6 if on board due to BPA or OT.

52CANES
03-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Mays becoems their SS most likely either way but that aside (assuming) i believe they go Berry at 6 if on board due to BPA or OT.

so what you are saying is maybe they used both 1st's on Safety and got Berry @ FS and Mays @ SS? That sounds kinda fun to watch!

SR 7
03-17-2010, 05:56 PM
so what you are saying is maybe they used both 1st's on Safety and got Berry @ FS and Mays @ SS? That sounds kinda fun to watch!

No i meant assumign meaning Berry gets picked then I don't see Mays as the guy. Sorry wasn't that clear.

skipp2myloo13
03-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Anyone who wants Mays can get him in the second

Marinodominates
03-17-2010, 10:22 PM
Last year the Seahawks made it clear they were targeting Wake Forest outside linebacker Aaron Curry with the fourth overall pick by trading away their incumbent starter at the position, veteran Julian Peterson to the Detroit Lions days before the draft.

Are they making a similar statement this year by cutting safety Deon Grant?

Some will point out that Grant was due four million in 2010 and that the Seahawks' pass defense ranked 30th in the league last year. Grant, however, was arguably the team's most consistent player in the secondary last year and was a solid addition to the team since signing as a free agent three years ago. He was a team captain last year.

Without Deon Grant on the roster, the Seahawks' most experienced safety is Jordan Babineaux, a hybrid corner, who has flashed potential and impressed with his occasional big plays, but has struggled as an open field tackler.

Might the release of Grant signal that the Seahawks are looking heavily at Tennessee safety Eric Berry with the sixth overall pick?

Maybe so and looks like they're out of the QB market early in draft after acquisition of alleged QB Charlie Whitehurst. Boy, strange start for Mr. Carroll up there. Not sure I like what he's done so far.

"If Congress had a draft, Nancy Pelosi would be its Ryan Leaf, a deranged and unreliable signal caller who drags any team down, Chuck Schumer would be Terrell Owens, a man who can't wait to get in front of a camera to blather on about life's injustices all the while blaming others for his lack of productivity, Harry Reid would be its Jim Kelly, whining about stupid fans and horrible calls in big games. The nonsense that went on with the bickering Bills doesn't touch the crap the current crop of progressives in Congress are putting this country through."-----

Rachel Maddow's lover (big NFL and Rams fan, I hear)

hooshoops
03-17-2010, 10:47 PM
yeah charlie whitehurst 2 years $10 million from seattle...pete carroll may not be long for the pro game...lol

plus a 2011 3rd round pick and maybe more compensation coming the chargers way...