PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams Dolphin curse?

munchkin
03-17-2010, 07:13 PM
No one player in Dolphin history has let down or turned their back on the Dolphin organization as much as Ricky,

Quitting on the team right before training camp in 2004, causing a domino affect that eventually lead to a 4-12 season. The Fins worst season since 1969.

Then coming back for 12 games in 2005 and getting busted again for smoking, causing a year long suspension.

Fumbling way to much

Costing us 2 1st round picks

Yet fin nation stll loves him, why?

dolfan_101
03-17-2010, 07:19 PM
I curse this thread. Fail..

Spesh
03-17-2010, 07:22 PM

Because his name doesnt end in Ginn or White.

lurking
03-17-2010, 07:25 PM
move on...and delete this thread

Missouri-FINFAN
No one player in Dolphin history has let down or turned their back on the Dolphin organization as much as Ricky,

Quitting on the team right before training camp in 2004, causing a domino affect that eventually lead to a 4-12 season. The Fins worst season since 1969.

Then coming back for 12 games in 2005 and getting busted again for smoking, causing a year long suspension.

Fumbling way to much

prob. cause he has contributed a heck of a lot more than some of the other players on this team.. Get over it dude !!!

munchkin
I curse this thread. Fail..

I curse your lack of worthy input. Next time just say that you can't think of anything worth saying

dolfan_101
03-17-2010, 07:30 PM
How about.. never wasting anyones time with such a worthless thread.. I'm not prone to wasting my time explaining things to people who waste mine.

Keonxl
03-17-2010, 07:32 PM

Fumbling way to much

If you are implying that Ricky Williams is totally responsible for the Dolphins collapsing, you sir better go do some research. Honestly, if anyone is to blame, I would have to go with Jimmy Johnson. He stunk it up while acting like he was going to do great things. He is partially responsible for Dan retiring, and then brought on his lackey in Dave Wannstadt, who was responsible along with Spielman on bringing in some of the worst talent that ever touched this franchise, and then continued to ignore the problem, letting the great defenses pull us through while doing nothing to help the offense, besides sticking with freakin Fieldler and running Ricky to death. If he had gone out and done something with the offense, we would have won at least one superbowl. Jimmy and Dave, failures to the end and a nasty scar on this great franchise.

munchkin
03-17-2010, 07:53 PM
How about.. never wasting anyones time with such a worthless thread.. I'm not prone to wasting my time explaining things to people who waste mine.

I never asked you to read the thread.

And you just did waste your time,

when you took your time explaining to me how you don't waste your time.

keep em comin, or you could just say that you don't have anything worth sayin.

munchkin
03-17-2010, 07:56 PM
If you are implying that Ricky Williams is totally responsible for the Dolphins collapsing, you sir better go do some research. Honestly, if anyone is to blame, I would have to go with Jimmy Johnson. He stunk it up while acting like he was going to do great things. He is partially responsible for Dan retiring, and then brought on his lackey in Dave Wannstadt, who was responsible along with Spielman on bringing in some of the worst talent that ever touched this franchise, and then continued to ignore the problem, letting the great defenses pull us through while doing nothing to help the offense, besides sticking with freakin Fieldler and running Ricky to death. If he had gone out and done something with the offense, we would have won at least one superbowl. Jimmy and Dave, failures to the end and a nasty scar on this great franchise.

I'm actually a Ricky fan, I was bored and wanted to make conversation. I always thought it was interesting that we as dolphin fans accepted Ricky back after all he has done.

And I never said Ricky was the only reason for our 4-12 season, but he did start the snowball

Aqua and Orange
03-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Thank you Ricky for facilitating the forward-thinking management staff we have now, by creating the hole at RB and crummy record that allowed Wannstedt to get booted out.

sensation24
03-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I hate Dave " I cant grow anything more than half a mustache" Wandstate. If anyone is to blame it is definatley that clown.

X-Pacolypse
03-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Are you trying to set the record for most "EPIC FAIL" threads in one day?

munchkin
03-17-2010, 08:17 PM
Are you trying to set the record for most "EPIC FAIL" threads in one day?

Just trying to keep up with your very successful and popular "Ginn Sucks" posts. I think you still got me beat.

Dolphasaur
03-17-2010, 09:13 PM
I like you Munchkin, you've got some fire in ya.

Though Ricky made some mistakes in the past he is totally cleared in my book. I say this not because of the athletic benefits that he brings to this team but because of his overall attitude and his commitment to making himself a better person.

Geaux 34!

dolpns13
03-17-2010, 09:16 PM
FAIL... SPAM this thread immediately... PLEASE.. I wish these Ricky bashers would stop being cry babies... IMO Ricky has more than made up for his past... GET OVER IT

munchkin
03-17-2010, 09:28 PM
FAIL... SPAM this thread immediately... PLEASE.. I wish these Ricky bashers would stop being cry babies... IMO Ricky has more than made up for his past... GET OVER IT

Read the thread buddy

I never bashed Ricky, not once, I just stated the facts.

I'm a Ricky fan but I don't get scared when people bring up his negative past.

It is hilarious, all the hardcore Ricky lovers out there don't want to hear it.

"Spam, "end thread now" "I can't handle it" "Stop, please no more"

Who's being a cry baby? Ricky basher? come on now

Roman529
03-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Ricky screwed up, but he has more then made up for it. Who hasn't made some mistakes in life? Ricky's numbers are better then some guys in the NFL Hall of Fame, but even if he nevers gets into the Hall, I am a fan of his and appreciate what he has done. I just didn't like the INT he threw in a game last year, but he's forgiven. The reason we were 4-12 was mainly because of the GM's/Coaches/horrible picks/transactions we made, not Ricky.

munchkin
03-17-2010, 09:45 PM
And I really take offense to the Ricky basher comment.

I am in no way, shape or form a Ricky basher. I'm a Dolphin fan to the core and he is a Dolphin.

I will never put him in the same category as D.Marino, L.Little, L.Csonka or any other great Dolphin, just because he bailed on this team twice when he was an absolutely vital player.

I know Csonka bailed too, but only once, and he gets a free pass because, well, he's Csonka.

redbeard75
03-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Cmon man...

Juma
03-17-2010, 10:10 PM

Fumbling way to much

Ricky is a 1,000 and some change rushing yards from being the leader in team history. That's why. Why bring up the past? It ain't like we we're going to win a superbowl with Wannstedt running him in the ground. Look at L.T...Tomlinson. Funny how these threads always come up and Ricky has done nothing but play physical football for us since. I think he want's that record to be honest. Maybe he can make you and all other Ricky hater's miserable...:dolphins:

Juma
03-17-2010, 10:11 PM
And I really take offense to the Ricky basher comment.

I am in no way, shape or form a Ricky basher. I'm a Dolphin fan to the core and he is a Dolphin.

I will never put him in the same category as D.Marino, L.Little, L.Csonka or any other great Dolphin, just because he bailed on this team twice when he was an absolutely vital player.

I know Csonka bailed too, but only once, and he gets a free pass because, well, he's Csonka.

Because he's Csonka? Yeah I bet.

lurking
03-17-2010, 10:13 PM

Fumbling way to much

what do those red and orange squares under you sig name mean

VA_Finfan
03-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Ricky has broken my heart, yet i love him unconditionally....

munchkin
03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
what do those red and orange squares under you sig name mean

Those red and orange squares under my name mean that I'm not scared to post a subject that isn't very popular.

Try it. yours will turn red too.

Ted Ginn is Good
Ricky Williams sucks
Gabril Wilson is the best
Pat White still has potential
P.Turner shouldn't be called a bust after his rookie year

After this post my squares should be pure red

sm0kinfins
03-17-2010, 10:26 PM
Those red and orange squares under my name mean that I'm not scared to post a subject that isn't very popular.

Ted Ginn is Good
Ricky Williams sucks

Here, let me help you with that. :d-day:

munchkin
03-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Ricky is a 1,000 and some change rushing yards from being the leader in team history. That's why. Why bring up the past? It ain't like we we're going to win a superbowl with Wannstedt running him in the ground. Look at L.T...Tomlinson. Funny how these threads always come up and Ricky has done nothing but play physical football for us since. I think he want's that record to be honest. Maybe he can make you and all other Ricky hater's miserable...:dolphins:

I want him to score every time he touches the ball, all long as he's wearing a dolphin uniform.

So ,No luck there buddy.
You might want me to be miserable because I brought up facts you want to forget. But I'm not sure you'd find a happier guy after ANYONE has success as a Fin.

lurking
03-17-2010, 10:41 PM

Ted Ginn is Good
Ricky Williams sucks

or a really bad poster OR thread starter...I THINK BOTH :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

munchkin
03-17-2010, 10:53 PM
or a really bad poster OR thread starter...I THINK BOTH :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Really bad because I posted something you didn't want to hear.

Keep em comn,

And it would be nice to hear somethin with some substance behind it. You know, really go deep into why its so wrong to post facts that happened in the past and affected the Fins franchise

lurking
03-17-2010, 11:21 PM

Keep em comn,

And it would be nice to hear somethin with some substance behind it. You know, really go deep into why its so wrong to post facts that happened in the past and affected the Fins franchise
okay,,first ricky didn't turn his back on us...let us down,,yes...secondly get your facts right..he didn't quit,,,he was going to get suspended for multiple drug testing violations..i could go on,, but why..you didn't get it the first time...and it's time for to ask the mods to delete this don't you think

munchkin
03-17-2010, 11:34 PM
okay,,first ricky didn't turn his back on us...let us down,,yes...secondly get your facts right..he didn't quit,,,he was going to get suspended for multiple drug testing violations..i could go on,, but why..you didn't get it the first time

I'm sure you could go on
Actually, no, I'm sure you COULDN'T go on, and that's why you didn't.

And yes, he did quit. He was facing a 4 game suspension so he quit for the entire year, then came back the fallowing year, faced the 4 game suspension, played 12 games, then failed yet another time and that is when he received his year long suspension.

I'd say keep em com'n, but honestly, I just don't feel like it.

lurking
03-17-2010, 11:40 PM
I'm sure you could go on
Actually, no, I'm sure you COULDN'T go on, and that's why you didn't.

And yes, he did quit. He was facing a 4 game suspension so he quit for the entire year, then came back the fallowing year, faced the 4 game suspension, played 12 games, then failed yet another time and that is when he received his year long suspension.

I'd say keep em com'n, but honestly, I just don't feel like it. ask the mods to delete this thread for you..

sm0kinfins
03-18-2010, 12:07 AM

Keep em comn,

Please take your own advice...

Ricky is a Dolphin. He works hard on the field. He stays out of trouble off it. He made some decisions in his past that you don't agree with. Fine. Get over it. If I decided tomorrow that I didn't want to do my job any longer, for whatever reason, and quit then that's my decision to make and everyone else can kiss my ***. You included.

footsteps falco
03-18-2010, 12:16 AM
rickys gooood, how can you hate a football player who produces and you know smokes a fatty after the games

Smoke
03-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Wow. Some of you guys are so damn whiny. Theres nothing wrong with this thread, certainly not enough to delete or send to spam. It's a good question. You guys are act like a bunch of bullies. If you don't like it, don't read it!! At least establish your own opinions instead of writing what every other post says. Besides, don't act like you aren't the same people who were bashing Ricky or at least letdown when he did all that crap. If you got over it, great. That doesnt mean everybody has to.

SebasMiamiFan
03-18-2010, 01:14 AM
If it wasn't for Ricky, the team would have had to rely on Hiilard or Sheets. He helped us in a huge way; he just couldn't carry the load and it showed when he started to fumble.

Spesh
03-18-2010, 02:00 AM
Ricky screwed up, but he has more then made up for it. Who hasn't made some mistakes in life?

Numbers and everything aside i agree with this, and i seem to be agreeing a bit with Geaux 34/Dolphasaur. Ricky's intent has never seemed to be malicious, he was simply a confused and tormented human being in search of peace and understanding. It's hard to continue to be angry at a man who admits his own flaws while trying to do right.
Heck, i actually love the fact that he admitted that the main reason he came back was for the cash.

Personally, i've been one to quickly get ride of people that are not team players. But at the end of the day, Ricky is a good guy, and he has never seemed like the sort to take advantage of his celebrity status(see: Tiger Woods/probable Big Ben) for his own gains. As a team player you couldnt ask for more(other then...you know, not screwing us in the past), as he quietly and calmly accepts his backup position, as well as pissing off Armando Saluero(always a plus) in the process.

Tigers2003
03-18-2010, 02:03 AM
I like you Munchkin, you've got some fire in ya.

Though Ricky made some mistakes in the past he is totally cleared in my book. I say this not because of the athletic benefits that he brings to this team but because of his overall attitude and his commitment to making himself a better person.

Geaux 34!

Ricky is forgiven. He had some issues as a person and he needed a 'check your head' moment. It cost us. But, he came back asked for forgiveness and got it from the organization. He is a great Dolphin and he is one of yours truly's favs and others on here as well. He should retire as a Dolphin.

R_t_Kraken
03-18-2010, 02:45 AM
Wait you mean to say Ricky retired and also got suspended for substance abuse? Thank god you told me. Now we should release Ricky for sure.

RealityBites
03-18-2010, 03:10 AM

Fumbling way to much

Sorry bud, as upset as I was when Ricky left in 2004, was it his fault this team missed the Playoffs in 2002 and 2003 after he led the league in total carries, total rushing yards, and total collisions? :crying:

Blame Wannestedt too for killing Ricky's will to continue, and to hit the ganja some to dull the pain...My God can you imagine what Monday mornings felt like for him?

He gave us all the two greatest rushing seasons in Team history, and I'll always remember it.

No, Ricky is no curse. If we're cursed, maybe it's because of Shula selling his soul for that Undefeated Season, and 73's team that many of the players then say was better than 72's. :ponder:

Maybe if we can ever play as a complete Team, and not always be missing pieces here and there, or always being one step behind the leaders, we'll overcome what does feel like a curse and bring home another Championship. :hi5:

If 2010 is Ricky's swan song into retirement..then...RUN RICKY RUN!!!!!:up:

Possum
03-18-2010, 03:13 AM
Sorry bud, as upset as I was when Ricky left in 2004, was it his fault this team missed the Playoffs in 2002 and 2003 after he led the league in total carries, total rushing yards, and total collisions? :crying:

Blame Wannestedt too for killing Ricky's will to continue, and to hit the ganja some to dull the pain...My God can you imagine what Monday mornings felt like for him?

He gave us all the two greatest rushing seasons in Team history, and I'll always remember it.

No, Ricky is no curse. If we're cursed, maybe it's because of Shula selling his soul for that Undefeated Season, and 73's team that many of the players then say was better than 72's. :ponder:

Maybe if we can ever play as a complete Team, and not always be missing pieces here and there, or always being one step behind the leaders, we'll overcome what does feel like a curse and bring home another Championship. :hi5:

If 2010 is Ricky's swan song into retirement..then...RUN RICKY RUN!!!!!:up:
this.

#1dolphinsfan
03-18-2010, 03:24 AM

Fumbling way to much

I dont he is my least favorite player of the dolphins

dolpns13
03-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Read the thread buddy

I never bashed Ricky, not once, I just stated the facts.

I'm a Ricky fan but I don't get scared when people bring up his negative past.

It is hilarious, all the hardcore Ricky lovers out there don't want to hear it.

"Spam, "end thread now" "I can't handle it" "Stop, please no more"

Who's being a cry baby? Ricky basher? come on now

Just sayin... Get Over It...

Ricky has made up for his past and DESERVES to be a Dolphin.. end of story.