PDA

View Full Version : How would you like this mock?

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-17-2010, 09:52 PM
There is my mock with out any trades but im still up for trading down...

1. Brandon Graham OLB
2. Demaryius Thomas WR
3. Reshad Jones S
4. Linval Joseph NT
6. Andrew Quarless TE
6. Danario Alexander WR
6. Clifton Geathers DE
6. Micah Johnson ILB
7. Nolan Carroll CB
7. Deji Karim RB

I think this mock can really happen I will love it to happen too!

You may question the two recievers but if Demaryius is there we need to take him and I think Danario will be good if he can stay healthy so he is my sleeper of the draft.

#1dolphinsfan
03-17-2010, 09:53 PM
I would be happy with that

Roman529
03-17-2010, 10:04 PM
I have my first three picks in my mock identical to yours, I just has a TE with the 4th pick, but I think after about the first three rounds you often go with the best player available....we definitely could use a beast NT so I would be happy with that.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-17-2010, 10:07 PM
I see where you going Roman but I was thinking Joseph can come in and blowup centers right now lol So I think we take needs before best available...

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Man and lets say we are pushin for a playoff run the last 8 games...

Are lineup
QB- Henne,Penny,White/Thigpen
RB- Ronnie,Ricky,Cobbs,Lex, Karim
FB- Polite
LT- Long
LG- Smiley,Garner
C- Grove, Berger
RG- Thomas,Richie
TE- Fasano, Quarless
WR- Bey Bey, Hartline, Ginn,
WR- Bess, Cam, Alexander, Turner
I love that offences!!!
DE- Langford, Merling
DE- Starks, Geathers
DT- Joseph,Ferg(When back),Solai
CB- Sean Smith, Will Allen
CB- Vontae Davis, Jason Allen, Carroll
SS- Bell,Culver
FS- Jones, Clemons
ROLB- Graham, Moses, Anderson
LOLB- Wake, Taylor, Walden
ILB- Dansby, Micah
ILB- Crowder, Torbor

Defence is sick to man this squad has potential to do something if we stay healthy..

footsteps falco
03-17-2010, 10:42 PM
i just dont know how much i like linval joseph is all, i think if you really want the best safety/olb/nt you gotta take all 3 in the first 3 rounds. which means giving up d thomas.. who is like my favorite WR in this draft too =/ but i think ur mock is pretty on point in that parcells and co. dont take tackles that high anyway..wish i could find the link or had the energy to look it up myself but someone on here recently posted they havent taken a nose/dtackle before the 4th round in a long time. also i thought we had 3 6 rounders not 4? i also think micah johnson will go between 4th and 5th rounds

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-17-2010, 10:47 PM
i just dont know how much i like linval joseph is all, i think if you really want the best safety/olb/nt you gotta take all 3 in the first 3 rounds. which means giving up d thomas.. who is like my favorite WR in this draft too =/ but i think ur mock is pretty on point in that parcells and co. dont take tackles that high anyway..wish i could find the link or had the energy to look it up myself but someone on here recently posted they havent taken a nose/dtackle before the 4th round in a long time. also i thought we had 3 6 rounders not 4? i also think micah johnson will go between 4th and 5th rounds

Composition pick but may change to 5th... Also I heard Micah will fall cause speed...

JCfinfan
03-17-2010, 10:55 PM
Sign me up. I do not know much about linval joseph though. I love the 1st 3 picks.

hooshoops
03-17-2010, 11:00 PM
a strong safety in the 3rd??? reshad jones is not a good free safety fit imo

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-17-2010, 11:04 PM
a strong safety in the 3rd??? reshad jones is not a good free safety fit imo

He must be a good fit a FS because Parcells seems to be intersested...

ColonelJ
03-17-2010, 11:31 PM
I would like it a lot more if we took Demaryius Thomas at 12, and got it done with. In 2004 an undrafted James Harrison was taken by the Steelers, a 6-0, 245 ROLB. It takes more than power. It takes instincts to play OLB in 3-4, or any linebacker for that matter. Pure bull rush or speed rush all the time won't cut it.

In 2009 Superbowl Harrison intercepted Warner at the goalline by reading the tackle, sniffing pass and dropping into coverage--one of the greatest plays in football history. He did not go for the sack like your regular DE would. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxSFBHbA80.

Sean Weatherspoon, Thadeus Gibson, have better instincts for the position, even though they give up some burst. Look at Gibson drop into coverage at 0:00 and 2:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNFR4tbw-2M;

hooshoops
03-17-2010, 11:37 PM

how do you know he's not viewed as the eventual ss replacement for bell??? that's what i think he is if he's brought here...

that's what i hope he'd come here to be...if in fact we took him

TedSlimmJr
03-17-2010, 11:39 PM

You mean like Gibril Wilson?

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-18-2010, 12:04 AM
First of all why would he replace Bell when we signed him last year to a new contract... He can work on foot quickness and turning his hips but he is young and can learn that. He is also a decent tackler unlike Gibril, Fights for the ball unlike Gibril. He has a explosive vertical with good height and long arms and great hand Eye coordination to make interceptions. Always competes for the ball and tends to slip hands in front of reciever to tip it to himself to make the INT. He does need to wrap up a little more. He was Immature early in his Career but has changed into a great team leader... HMMM?
I think he can play FS. Yes he has his needs but almost every player in the draft has his needs. This guy is nothing like Gibril.

hooshoops
03-18-2010, 12:07 AM
explain to me how you're gonna work on his hips??? that's a new one to me...

how you gonna learn to have better hips???

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-18-2010, 12:21 AM
explain to me how you're gonna work on his hips??? that's a new one to me...

how you gonna learn to have better hips???

He is VERY ATHLETIC!!! Do to being athletic we all know he just needs coaching to learn how to rotate. You act like his hips are not letting him to rotate well. Practice!!! If he practice more he will learn how to rotate better and become a good FS... Just like I said Parcells most see this in him, if he didnt he would not of let him come in for a visit...

hooshoops
03-18-2010, 12:23 AM
He is VERY ATHLETIC!!! Do to being athletic we all know he just needs coaching to learn how to rotate. You act like his hips are not letting him to rotate well. Practice!!! If he practice more he will learn how to rotate better and become a good FS... Just like I said Parcells most see this in him, if he didnt he would not of let him come in for a visit...

taylor mays is very athletic...his hips are poor...stiff...

i'm sorry i just don't think practice is gonna make a guy have hips like gumby...you either got good hips or you don't...

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-18-2010, 12:28 AM
taylor mays is very athletic...his hips are poor...stiff...

i'm sorry i just don't think practice is gonna make a guy have hips like gumby...you either got good hips or you don't...

Taylor Mays also misses tackles and cant cover at all. If you want to take him in the first be my guest but he has Bust all over him...

Reshad Jones does not miss many tackles some times he does get eager to hit someone and forgets to wrap up. He can still Cover somewhat with stiff hips and he can learn how to use his hips. Also Projected in 3rd round. Ill take him there.

hooshoops
03-18-2010, 12:30 AM
i'm anything but a taylor mays fan...

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-18-2010, 12:33 AM
i'm anything but a taylor mays fan...
Ok lol I think jones is better than Mays though he can cover way better. Jones has hope to work with his hips. Mays nah...