PDA

View Full Version : Haden has good pro day, Berry's ends in injury.

52CANES
03-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Haden had a good pro day, berry ends his after foot injury

Maybe some fool like in cleveland will take haden ahead of berry now...

RustyGator
03-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Yeah, some dumb fool is going to take the best shut-down corner in the draft. What an idiot!

Seriously though, I'd love for us to get Berry at 12. Good luck...but one could hope.

houtz
03-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah, some dumb fool is going to take the best shut-down corner in the draft. What an idiot!

Seriously though, I'd love for us to get Berry at 12. Good luck...but one could hope.

Doesn't say much. I think Haden would be a 2nd round pick if he was in last year's draft. This draft is terrible at the CB position.

52CANES
03-17-2010, 10:16 PM

yeah i know... CB is much more important anyway if you need both you should get haden.

RustyGator
03-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Doesn't say much. I think Haden would be a 2nd round pick if he was in last year's draft. This draft is terrible at the CB position.

That's just an ignorant post.

JCane
03-17-2010, 10:35 PM

Joe Haden is great but Eric Berry on one leg is still better lol.

hooshoops
03-17-2010, 10:45 PM
kc cleveland seattle...eric berry shall not pass

joe hadens going top 10 or so i'd say also...

houtz
03-17-2010, 10:58 PM
That's just an ignorant post.

Really with Vontae Davis, Malcolm Jenkins and Darius Butler? Doesn't seem like a dumb statement to me.

hooshoops
03-17-2010, 11:20 PM
malcolm jenkins has been nothing but a nickle cb to date...butler was ok as a rook...

i don't know...i think i'd have haden the #1 cb in last years class also

and i like vontae a lot

TedSlimmJr
03-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Jenkins wasn't anything special.....he couldn't even convince 32 teams that he was a cornerback and not a safety....

Haden would be tops in last years corner class.....

I actually like Kareem Jackson, Devin McCourtey, Kyle Wilson, and Brandon Ghee better than the top 4 CB's that came off the board last year...

Hell...I like Chris Cook almost as much as I liked Sean Smith....Myron Lewis also....they're both better tacklers.....

There was no CB/punt returner in last years draft anywhere close to Javier Arenas....who's also the best blitzing CB to come out in a while......and about half a dozen other guys that I like better than most of the other CB's that came out last year..

Aqua and Orange
03-17-2010, 11:54 PM
I think unless his foot injury is serious, Berry's stock is pretty set in the 4-12 range. Would love to have him.

hooshoops
03-17-2010, 11:58 PM
i hope berrys foot injury is serious...that way we got a shot at him at #12...lol

it sure looked to me like romeo crennel who was running the drills today was eyeing berry like he was a sausage and hotcakes platter...kc likes berry A LOT

i think they're trying to decide do we go left tackle at #5 or do we take the best safety and get the tackle at the top of round 2...i know what i'd do...i'd take eric berry and never think twice about it

PALMA
03-18-2010, 01:14 AM
Some teams may not value the FS safety position as much as their draft position dictates. Why go safety when you can get a Qb, stud DT, stud OT, Dez, Spiller, or stud DE/OLB, and now Haden? It so happens we are one of the only teams drafting top 15 with a GAPING hole at FS.

Plus not all teams play their FS in nickle situations, in fact, Culver is the guy that comes on in such situations. That's a critical factor to evaluate when we are thinking about investing #12 in Berry.

I think it's OLB all the way unless Dez Bryant is there. If Berry is there though, this front office has demonstrated that it wants to the sure thing in the first round. Berry is that player outside of Suh.

Kdawg954
03-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Berry is very possible for the Fins at 12 . . . FS normally isn't drafted very high at all.

I could see him falling to us . . . hopefully a few teams overvalue these QB's and OL. That is the real key. But Haden moving into the top 10 will help as well.

The Goat
03-18-2010, 07:23 PM
See what happens when I do my Eric Berry rain dance?

CedarPhin
03-18-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't think Berry will make it past Seattle.