PDA

View Full Version : Drafting McClain

Vinpaulino44
03-18-2010, 08:45 AM
I was wondering what would become of Crowder if we drafted McCalin in the first round. With Dansby on board and a first round ILB do we move him, trade him, bench him or cut him? Your thoughts. I know alot of people are about drafting Williams (I am one of those people) but I doubt he will be on the board at 12 simply because Buffalo picks 8 and they need a 3-4 DT.

Bta72dolphins
03-18-2010, 08:57 AM
I really do not see us getting McCalin, the dolphins address the inside linebacker problem with getting Dansby and Crowder we be fine work next to him plus we have a backup with Reggie. If Williams is taken by buffalo in the 8 i see us getting a FS we have yet to address this offseason and myself personally think we need to find some an experience with the 3-4 defense and actually is a FS that can tackle.

j-off-her-doll
03-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Pray to god Williams and McClain are drafted before #12. I'm not worried that we'll take McClain, but it would increase are chances of landing one of the big talents (Berry or Bryant).

Dan Williams will never be worth drafting at #12.

NYinBostonFin
03-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Move Dansby to outside, McClain and Crowder in the middle for one season.

Trade Crowder for a decent pick...Move Dansby back in middle year after.

nick1
03-18-2010, 09:58 AM
we wont draft McClain its a moot point, alot of teams are shying away from him because he has Crohn's Disease

JFoxx
03-18-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm pretty sure he'll still be on the board at #12. The real question is who else is still on the board with him that we'd be interested in? Everyone has their opinion about this, but nobody but FO really knows. If some of our other top choices are gone and he's the best available pick, I'd not be disappointed in him. As far as Crohn's, that's all speculation. Depending on how bad it is, it can be fairly serious and cause problems or if it's a mild case, it would not really affect his playing ability whatsoever. Unless he just came down with this (which is not typically how it works), he's already been playing with it, so that's probably way overblown.
But as far as the pick, I'd love for Berry, McClain, Bryant & Williams are all on the board when #12 rolls around. We'd know for sure what our FO's #1 priority really is.

The Furminister
03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Our needs at FS and NT is way to big to draft a McClain

Namor
03-18-2010, 10:30 AM
we wont draft McClain its a moot point, alot of teams are shying away from him because he has Crohn's Disease

Name them.

Aqua and Orange
03-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Not one expert has McClain being drafted by us (nearly all of them have him going to the Giants), but just to throw it out there I'd say that we would have McClain learn under Crowder for a while, then trade him in the offseason if/when Rolando is established.

Etuoo33
03-18-2010, 10:52 AM
If we draft McClain look for Crowder to move to SOLB or the bench, depending on who we get in the 2nd. He played some OLB @ Fla.

Bta72dolphins
03-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Not one expert has McClain being drafted by us (nearly all of them have him going to the Giants), but just to throw it out there I'd say that we would have McClain learn under Crowder for a while, then trade him in the offseason if/when Rolando is established.

:err: McClain learn under Crowder really?

tcdrover
03-18-2010, 11:32 AM
If we don't get the NT, I think they'd take Thomas or Kindle.

I don't see McClain getting drafted this high. I think he will slip a few spots down.

Namor
03-18-2010, 11:35 AM
If we don't get the NT, I think they'd take Thomas or Kindle.

I don't see McClain getting drafted this high. I think he will slip a few spots down.

He probaly won't make it to #12.

Namor
03-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Why isn't this in the draft forums?

nick1
03-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Name them.

the top 15 teams... no point in naming them any draft expert knows they are shying away he is dropping in the latest mocks

tcdrover
03-18-2010, 11:41 AM
He probaly won't make it to #12.

Who do you think will take him?

Namor
03-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Look at the money we paid Dansby..That's outside linebacker money.
I think it's a smoke screen with what Dansby said about only playing
the inside...We draft McClain,move Dansby to the outside,McClain and Crowder
play the middle.

Namor
03-18-2010, 11:49 AM
the top 15 teams... no point in naming them any draft expert knows they are shying away he is dropping in the latest mocks

Kinda funny Pat Dye Jr. hasn't heard any of this.

DcRy82
03-18-2010, 01:24 PM
Namor, I'll put a stack on it that we dont draft McClain..

McClain has been slipping outside the top ten since before the combine. Even more so now due to his disease. When we picked up Dansby, McClain no longer is a neccessity. We have gapping holes elsewhere with prospects that will be available and will fiill need positions in the range that we are drafting.

Namor
03-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Namor, I'll put a stack on it that we dont draft McClain..

McClain has been slipping outside the top ten since before the combine. Even more so now due to his disease. When we picked up Dansby, McClain no longer is a neccessity. We have gapping holes elsewhere with prospects that will be available and will fiill need positions in the range that we are drafting.

There is a good chance we might not get to draft him or go another way.
But like i said to the other guy show me where any site or whatever,says
he will slide out of the top 15.
Just show me the link.

Namor
03-18-2010, 02:00 PM
My bad..I just got a bunch of mock updates,that have him around pick 16.

skipp2myloo13
03-18-2010, 02:07 PM
yah, Namor i think your looking at this from like 2 weeks before the combine, i had the same notions. But now, i may be beginning to question if he is even top 20 material.

Roman529
03-18-2010, 02:08 PM
I would take Brandom Graham at #12,,,,probably not McClain. I wouldn't mind moving Crowder no matter who we take at LB as Crowder can't tackle for crap and never has had a nose for the ball the way Zach Thomas did.

skipp2myloo13
03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
I would take Brandom Graham at #12,,,,probably not McClain. I wouldn't mind moving Crowder no matter who we take at LB as Crowder can't tackle for crap and never has had a nose for the ball the way Zach Thomas did.

Not many have Zach's nose, so that is kinda bad example. Crowder isnt all that bad at actually tackling, not the best, but you cant say he cant tackle. He is pittiful at reading plays and being where he is sopposed to be.

Roman529
03-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Not many have Zach's nose, so that is kinda bad example. Crowder isnt all that bad at actually tackling, not the best, but you cant say he cant tackle. He is pittiful at reading plays and being where he is sopposed to be.

He averages around 50 tackles a year....most of our d-backs do this by themselves. I think he has only one or two career sacks, one INT's and one fumble recovery for his entire career. The guy just disappears during games and hasn't shown he is worth anywhere close to the big money contract he was paid. :rolleyes:

Namor
03-18-2010, 02:38 PM
yah, Namor i think your looking at this from like 2 weeks before the combine, i had the same notions. But now, i may be beginning to question if he is even top 20 material.

True..but remember last year,after the combine everybody was saying
Andre Smith would fall out of the first round...What did he go?6th?

McClain will be a big time pro. we'll just have wait and see.
It's easy to say anyting right now.

BillParFan
03-18-2010, 03:15 PM
My bad..I just got a bunch of mock updates,that have him around pick 16.

With the Broncos releasing Andra Davis the Mile High Report seems to believe McClain might be their pick @ 11.:ponder:

ColonelJ
03-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Forget McClain. If they draft this dude they can pack their bags and leave town.

Namor
03-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Forget McClain. If they draft this dude they can pack their bags and leave town.

Odd statement..Why?

ColonelJ
03-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Odd statement..Why?

He's a Dud.

Namor
03-18-2010, 04:03 PM
He's a Dud.

Explain why he is a dud? is it that Butkus award? or that first team
All-american title or what?

dr.jake
03-18-2010, 04:18 PM
mcclain's gonna be an excellent LB in this league for a long time. crowder will have to move.channing's been underperforming his whole career.time for new blood.

ColonelJ
03-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Dud #25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frg0AjUkp1Y (And this is not the Jets or the Colts, or the Minny) Worse than Akin Ayodele.

Namor
03-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Dud #25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frg0AjUkp1Y (And this is not the Jets or the Colts, or the Minny) Worse than Akin Ayodele.

Find more..he was 19 when that game was played.

ColonelJ
03-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Find more..he was 19 when that game was played.

Dud http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSE6qgxCqvs

t2thejz
03-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I would not rule out the Fins drafting Mclain. It is sounding more and more like JT is not coming back. Our two OLBs are Charlie Anderson and Wake. We either need to draft a OLB or move Dansby to OLB and draft Mclain. To me out of all the linebackers Mclain is the BPA at our pick. I know many disagree. I would rather get Mclain, move Dansby to OLB and draft a pass rusher in the later rounds as there are a lot in this years draft class.

DcRy82
03-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Or not... a safety like Earl Thomas would be much more of a benefit to us at the 12th pick than McClain. On top of that, I think Thomas will be a better safety than McClain will be an ILB when it's all said and done. I think/hope Crowder will play a lot better with Dansby by his side. Crowders best play came with Zach next to him. He wont be picking up anyone else's slack. Crowder isnt a star by any means but I think he can play very well next to another very good player.

I'm very confident that we are either going OLB, S, or Dez Bryant with the 12th pick.

BIGBONE
03-23-2010, 10:45 PM
No thanks to Mcclain, unless its with our 2nd rd pick, then it is still only a maybe.

HurriPhin
03-23-2010, 11:21 PM
I'd still love to see McClain in a Fins uni. And yes, with our 1st pick. The kids gonna be a damn good NFL LB.

And ColonelJ, did you bother checking out... I don't know let's say, McClain in the SECCG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6JL_U84S7g) or the NC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4-UeJYhAb8&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_fresh+div-1r-2-HM)? :D

Dr. Phin
03-23-2010, 11:41 PM
I was wondering what would become of Crowder if we drafted McCalin in the first round. With Dansby on board and a first round ILB do we move him, trade him, bench him or cut him? Your thoughts. I know alot of people are about drafting Williams (I am one of those people) but I doubt he will be on the board at 12 simply because Buffalo picks 8 and they need a 3-4 DT.

He came back to us last year because he tested the water and nobody wanted him as a free agent. We couldn't get anything for him after the year he had last year...except for maybe a 7th...just cut him...

#1dolphinsfan
03-24-2010, 12:41 AM
If we are going to draft a ILB i would rather have Sean Weatherspoon

SirDrums
03-24-2010, 11:05 AM
If Mclain is the best available when its our turn to pick then we should grab him. Just because we signed Dansby doesn mean that McClain shouldn't be considered. If McClain becomes a stud then he will still be around after Dansby moves on or declines.

Namor
03-24-2010, 02:07 PM
No thanks to Mcclain, unless its with our 2nd rd pick, then it is still only a maybe.
HHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAAHHHHAAAA!!!!

Danny
03-24-2010, 02:54 PM
won't take an ILB or a NT at 12 imo....if we go defence at 12 it'd be either FS or OLB.....I don't believe Parcells likes drafting safeties in round one but this guy is a good player(earl Thomas)but I'd have to say that we'd take an OLB at 12 if we go defence.If we go offence it'd be Bryant imo.

Ozzy rules!!

DcRy82
03-24-2010, 07:32 PM
I dont see any way both Berry and Thomas are off the board when we pick.. Therefore, I dont see any way we would ever draft McClain over a Safety (which is a huge hole) with just as much (in my opinion more) upside as an ILB which we are currently very solid at.

Locke
03-24-2010, 08:59 PM
He came back to us last year because he tested the water and nobody wanted him as a free agent. We couldn't get anything for him after the year he had last year...except for maybe a 7th...just cut him...

I'm pretty sure Crowder was re-signed the day before free agency opened. He never got a chance to test the waters...

dr.jake
03-24-2010, 08:59 PM
the draft gurus here said we were set at linebacker when we signed porter and therefore passed on willis and poz to draft GINNger. we ain't set at linebacker and mcclain is the best LB on the board.

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 09:04 PM
i won't be upset if mcclain is picked...but he brings the same thing pretty much to the table as karlos dansby imo...

HurriPhin
03-24-2010, 10:25 PM
i won't be upset if mcclain is picked...but he brings the same thing pretty much to the table as karlos dansby imo...

Have to say though that it's not necessarily a bad thing. Both CB picked last year, Smith and Davis, are also very similar in the fact that they are both big and play physical. I think it would be a great thing to shore up the middle of the field.

Mcganiel
03-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Bill Parcells LOVES linebackers. McClain is still number one on his board and there is a really good chance he will fall to us. If he's available he will be a dolphin and I would love the pick.

al711
03-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Bill Parcells LOVES linebackers. McClain is still number one on his board and there is a really good chance he will fall to us. If he's available he will be a dolphin and I would love the pick.

I agree 100% :up: I hope you're right!