PDA

View Full Version : Walmart doesn't like African-Americans

PhinzN703
03-18-2010, 10:04 AM
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -- A Walmart store announcement ordering black people to leave brought chagrin and apologies Wednesday from leaders of the company, which has built a fragile trust among minority communities.
A male voice came over the public-address system Sunday evening at a store in Washington Township, in southern New Jersey, and calmly announced: "Attention, Walmart customers: All black people, leave the store now."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Black-people-must-leave-NJ-apf-1749619349.html?x=0

Slim
03-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Bahahahahahahahahahahaha the whole store must have cleared out...

X-Pacolypse
03-18-2010, 02:55 PM
It's so wrong that happened, but when first read the story I burst out laughing.

dreday
03-18-2010, 07:49 PM
what would be funny is that it could have been a black person that did it....

PhinzN703
03-19-2010, 09:28 AM
It's so wrong that happened, but when first read the story I burst out laughing.

I thought it was priceless :lol:

SpaceMountain16
03-20-2010, 03:58 AM
I forget where i was when i read this story but i remember it was quiet and i was sitting there giggling to myself, trying to hold in the laughs so nobody could hear me.

dreday
03-20-2010, 07:25 PM
link (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/nyregion/21walmart.html)

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. — The authorities in southern New Jersey said Saturday that they had arrested a 16-year-old boy for activating a public-address system at a Wal-Mart store last week and ordering “all black people” to leave.

The boy, from Atlantic County, was charged by Gloucester County authorities with bias and intimidation and harassment in connection with the episode last Sunday. If convicted, he could face up to a year in a juvenile detention center, officials said. His name was not released because he is a minor.

i don't care if he is eskimo or martian.arrest?seriously?anyone who claims any injury is a dam liar.it may not have been funny, but it was not something he should have been arrested for...

GoonBoss
03-20-2010, 11:47 PM
link (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/21/nyregion/21walmart.html)

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. — The authorities in southern New Jersey said Saturday that they had arrested a 16-year-old boy for activating a public-address system at a Wal-Mart store last week and ordering “all black people” to leave.

The boy, from Atlantic County, was charged by Gloucester County authorities with bias and intimidation and harassment in connection with the episode last Sunday. If convicted, he could face up to a year in a juvenile detention center, officials said. His name was not released because he is a minor.

i don't care if he is eskimo or martian.arrest?seriously?anyone who claims any injury is a dam liar.it may not have been funny, but it was not something he should have been arrested for...

I have no issue with being locked up. He needs a lesson.

dreday
03-21-2010, 02:30 PM
i agree,i think taking his PS3 away for a month would be more fitting,but thats just me..:chuckle:

Adam First
03-21-2010, 05:06 PM
I work in a Wal-Mart, one customer asked me if we've had meetings about that kind of thing

Kinda weird he said that but I've seen stranger things

PhinzN703
03-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Give him the chair