PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Dez Bryant Interview

FinAtic8480
03-18-2010, 04:10 PM
The Big O today had an amazing interview with Dez Bryant. In the interview Bryant talks about how he is bothered by the way he is portrayed. He explains why he is nothing like Crabtree, talks about loving football and how he just loves to bring excitement to fans. My favorite part of the interview was when Dez said he would die if he did not have football. Im officially on the Bryant bandwagon and hope Miami selects him at 12.

http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347

ckparrothead
03-18-2010, 04:18 PM
LOL you've already been on the Dez Bryant bandwagon, you know it!

I haven't listened yet, but I heard Big O talking after the interview, he was gushing about Dez.

I find there are two types of people. There are those that keep talking about Dez Bryant' being a big time character risk, and then there are those that actually take the time to listen to his interviews, read stories on him, and get to know his personality.

I didn't start out thinking Dez Bryant was a good person. You can search for statements from me as late as probably December where I talk about the possibility that he's a Grade A butthole, based purely on a rumor I heard after his NCAA suspension that whatever he did "it was bad" and the suspension was well deserved. People can accuse me of flip flopping but I don't give a damn. I don't have a responsibility to end up right, I have a responsibility to be right, and they're two different things. The more I found out about Dez' personality, the closer I got, the more interviews I listened to or read, the more tape I watched, the more he won me over. My ignorance burned off like a morning fog.

On the other hand, the more I investigated Mike Williams, who started out as a guy that I wanted very badly to love, the less I liked him and the more I leaned toward taking him off my draft board altogether.

XxfeensterxX
03-18-2010, 04:19 PM
I like Dez Bryant, I like him a lot. Character issues are for college kids, when you come into the NFL its a clean slate. He is just like Vonate Davis last year and guess what? He is currently a starter on our roster.

But honestly he is not as high on my board as everyone else has him. We have to many defensive holes to fill.

I can say that I would rather have Eric Berry(obviously, or Brandon Graham(gasp!) over Bryant. And even between him and Earl Thomas it would be tough for me to take the WR over the S.

With that being said, if Dez Bryant is the pick at #12 (even with Graham/Thomas on the board) I would be THRILLED.

FinAtic8480
03-18-2010, 04:29 PM
McShay thinks there is a good chance Bryant can get past the 11th pick and be there for Miami.

ColonelJ
03-18-2010, 04:31 PM
No to Dez Bryant.

ckparrothead
03-18-2010, 05:11 PM
I really don't see him being available for Miami to pick at #12 unfortunately.

#1dolphinsfan
03-18-2010, 05:36 PM
I have been on the Dez Bryant Bandwagon all along i would love to see him in a phins Uniform

finfan54
03-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I would be surprised if we take him based on his agent, regardless of Bryants personality.

The reason people keep talking about the "Dez Bryants" of the world is that WR is and always will be the trouble position on character or work ethic issues or big money-contract yadda yadda yadda.

Will I hate it if Bryant is picked by us? No. I would actually start to get a little excited. But this regime is worried about one thing when it comes to this dude.

ITS HIS AGENT!

This dude doesnt show up to camp, you are considered to be the scum of the earth becasue you essentially hold up the team and its current good standing with signing and getting to work!

YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY! GET TO WORK!

3rdandinches
03-18-2010, 06:31 PM
I would be surprised if we take him based on his agent, regardless of Bryants personality.

The reason people keep talking about the "Dez Bryants" of the world is that WR is and always will be the trouble position on character or work ethic issues or big money-contract yadda yadda yadda.

Will I hate it if Bryant is picked by us? No. I would actually start to get a little excited. But this regime is worried about one thing when it comes to this dude.

ITS HIS AGENT!

This dude doesnt show up to camp, you are considered to be the scum of the earth becasue you essentially hold up the team and its current good standing with signing and getting to work!

I don't really think they care, they will make everyone aware of what Dez is being offered (10% more then last years 12th pick) and the media will roast the agent.

Phinatic8u
03-18-2010, 06:42 PM
The only player i would want besides Bryant is Berry. If Berry is there i would easily run up to the podium myself form SC & give them the card.

skipp2myloo13
03-18-2010, 07:21 PM
I cant see why any Dolphin fan wouldn't be thrilled if he is there at 12 and we pick them.

ChadHenne
03-18-2010, 08:00 PM
If Dez Bryant is available at #12 and the Dolphins select him, this will be me

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/mrmarsh-1.jpg

ckparrothead
03-18-2010, 08:06 PM

ITS HIS AGENT!

That's funny. I personally heard Bill Parcells talking about Eugene Parker at the Shrine practices and there was absolutely no malice or angst in his voice whatsoever. Sounded quite positive as a matter of fact.

j-off-her-doll
03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
My only concern with Dez:

It's rare for a rookie WR to play like a true #1 in week 1. Sometimes it takes a couple years for it to click - regardless of talent. These obviously aren't concerns with Bryant as a player - just concerns over common lumps that are to be expected with learning the position at the NFL level.

That said, he's a top-5 talent, and if we were drafting #1, Eric Berry is the only player in the entire draft I'd take before Bryant.

LikeUntoGod
03-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Unless he can cover and tackle I have IMO, no use for him.

Our big needs on offense is a great TE, return of our injured running backs and the improvement of Chad Henne. A great TE would have helped us a lot more last year then a great WR would. This is not a 3 to 4 wide WR offense, it is a much more of a 2 TE offense but without the two good TEs we need.

On defense we have a number of big holes to fill. We need to stop big plays and stop teams when we need to.

We could of won the Steeler's game but we could not stop them from scoring on a 90 yard drive. We could have beaten the Saints and Colts etc but we gave up too many big plays on defense. We could of came back and beat the Bills etc except for Henne's interceptions.

Chad Henne threw way too many late game interceptions which he needs to correct.

I do not know of a game we lost due to the poor play of our WRs. We might not have came back and won a game due to a Ginn drop etc but we lost more games trying to come back from Henne's interceptions. And again, poor TE play was a much bigger factor then WR play.

Once again, we tied the Colts for 3rd down conversions with 49% so we did not really have a huge problem moving the ball. But we gave up more big plays on defense then any other team.

If I want to watch teams run up and down the field with no defense, I'll watch the NBA. But even in the NBA the teams with the best defense wins the championships.

SRM
03-18-2010, 10:27 PM
What exactly is the risk with him? Unless I'm missing something else that he did, eating dinner with Deon Sanders and not telling the NCAA about it isn't that bad. Sure, not smart, but it doesn't seem worth people passing him up because of that.

Clipse
03-18-2010, 10:29 PM
My only concern with Dez:

It's rare for a rookie WR to play like a true #1 in week 1. Sometimes it takes a couple years for it to click - regardless of talent. These obviously aren't concerns with Bryant as a player - just concerns over common lumps that are to be expected with learning the position at the NFL level.

That said, he's a top-5 talent, and if we were drafting #1, Eric Berry is the only player in the entire draft I'd take before Bryant.
I'm not really to concerned about that. WR's that take a couple years to develop are typically unpolished coming out. Polished WR's like an Andre Johnson or a Larry Fitz produce immediately and become stars real quick. Bryant is a polished WR and I think he'll be able to contribute immediately.

hooshoops
03-18-2010, 11:06 PM
you working on your backpedal now... :lol:

this is the guy we should take at #12...not some late flier on a joe webb who will take 3 years before he contributes if ever or a mid round pick on blair white to add to our mediocre wr core...

thejetssuck
03-19-2010, 07:24 AM
McShay thinks there is a good chance Bryant can get past the 11th pick and be there for Miami.

We can only pray.

Pinkboy
03-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Dez Bryant Scouting Report

Strengths:
Above average height
Good muscle definition
Great hands
Will come back to the quarterback and present a window
Dominant on jump balls
Attacks ball at apex
Gets off line of scrimmage
Coordinated and can adjust to the ball
Knows how to set up a receiver and flip their hips
Athletic
Nice sideline awareness
Tough to tackle
Explosive punt returner
Good running vision
Decent amount of upside

Weaknesses:
Route running is still suspect
Rounds off digs and deep outs
Not very fast
Lacks deep speed
Could be more elusive
Doesn't always generate maximum YAC
Needs to eat up cushion more quickly in off man
Needs to work on reading coverages as he does not always identify the zone
A little sluggish coming out of breaks

Summary: Bryant is a talented receiver, but he doesn't seem to project as a No. 1 wideout at the next level. He has the skill set of a dominant No. 2 who can really help a quarterback in the red zone and on third down.

Player Comparison: Chad Ochocinco. Ochocinco and Bryant have very similar builds and great ball skills, but unfortunately lack above average speed.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dbryant.php

outlawd2u
03-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Summary: Bryant is a talented receiver, but he doesn't seem to project as a No. 1 wideout at the next level. He has the skill set of a dominant No. 2 who can really help a quarterback in the red zone and on third down.

Player Comparison: Chad Ochocinco. Ochocinco and Bryant have very similar builds and great ball skills, but unfortunately lack above average speed.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2010dbryant.php

I know this wasn't your assesment, but give me a break.... Bryant absolutely projects as a #1 WR in the NFL. I also find it funny they compare him to Chad Johnson but say Bryant won't be a #1 WR.... in his Prime Johnson was a top 5-10 WR in the league!!

thejetssuck
03-19-2010, 10:06 AM
If Dez Bryant is available at #12 and the Dolphins select him, this will be me

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/mrmarsh-1.jpg

You'll be a picture of Chad Henne?:err:

WelcomeBack
03-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Dez Bryant would be an amazing pick. Follow that up with a Jason Worilds or Morgan Burnett and you got two quality starters.

BLITZKRIEG
03-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Im officially on the Bryant bandwagon and hope Miami selects him at 12.

And the chances of him being there at #12??....

:tumbleweed:

~BK~

FinAtic8480
03-19-2010, 02:47 PM
Alot are comparing Dez to the next Calvin Johnson or Dez Bryant.

SizzlingFins04
03-20-2010, 12:11 AM

A lot are comparing Dez to Calvin or Dez?

Roman529
03-20-2010, 12:21 AM
If we take a guy on offense with the 12th overall pick, his name better be Dez Bryant or CJ Spiller. If Bryant is gone there are some quality WR's like Demaryius Thomas or Arrelious Benn who should be there when we pick in the 2nd round. I also think Spiller would be worth the gamble as we don't know if Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams are going to be around. If we go defense first I hope it is Brandon Graham.

Clipse
03-20-2010, 12:21 AM
That's a great comparison, I compare Dez Bryant to Dez Byrant too :chuckle:

2413fanphins
03-20-2010, 09:16 AM
That's a great comparison, I compare Dez Bryant to Dez Byrant too :chuckle:

dez bryant is a carbon copy of dez bryant.