PDA

View Full Version : Getting a NT in 2nd round just got harder?

oasis
03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
With the Chargers trading away Whitehurst and moving to #40 in the 2nd round, it hurts our chances that much more of snagging a decent NT (e.g. Mt. Cody). True or false?

dolphinsbshaw72
03-18-2010, 07:06 PM
honestly.. it just depends on what we do with the first pick.. if we go dez.. then i see what your talking about.. but if we go defense with the first pick you have to think they will take the best wr on the board in the 2nd rd.. its going to be fun to watch how it unfolds.. :up:

munchkin
03-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Ya, I could see the Chargers gettn R.Mathews in the 1st and Cody in the 2nd.

skipp2myloo13
03-18-2010, 07:16 PM
Get Cam Thomas than, that who i want anyway.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-18-2010, 07:17 PM
I see it being true but thats one less team that may get a reciever in the second so Demaryius still can fall

OrlandoFin
03-18-2010, 09:34 PM
I am not sure Cody makes it past the Jets in the first round.

3rdandinches
03-18-2010, 11:02 PM
I'd rather go later for a NT so I hope it helps another skilled guy fall to us.

newlownorder
03-18-2010, 11:44 PM
I honestly don't want us to take a NT in the first 2 rounds.

#1dolphinsfan
03-19-2010, 12:38 AM
i think we will be able to find a good NT in the later rounds

Elliott 1
03-19-2010, 02:18 AM
I am not sure Cody makes it past the Jets in the first round.

Why???

Elliott 1
03-19-2010, 02:19 AM
i think we will be able to find a good NT in the later rounds

Who???

Elliott 1
03-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Teams that are really desperate for NT:

Chiefs(need two),Bills(need two),Dolphins,Panthers,Chargers,Tampa Bay,Redskins

Don't expect any players to slide and don't expect to find value in the later rounds.

There is just way too much need out there.

If you want a decent NT prospect this year, you better be willing to pay, because the bargains ain't gonna be there.

This is a big reason why I advocate trading for Shaun Rogers.

#1dolphinsfan
03-19-2010, 02:40 AM
Who???
you have Jeff Owens round 4, Linval Joseph also in round 4, Torrell Troup round 3-4, Travis Ivey round 7, D'anthony Smith in round 4-5, and Arthur Jones round 4 there will still be a lot of options from round 4-7

505PhinFan
03-19-2010, 02:45 AM
This draft is one of the deepest drafts I've ever seen. If Dez is on the board in the 1st we need 2 take him. There is plenty of DT that will be available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I personally don't want another WR in the 2nd or 3rd round with"potential". Demaryius won't last past the top 5 picks in round 2.

WelcomeBack
03-19-2010, 03:14 AM
you have Jeff Owens round 4, Linval Joseph also in round 4, Torrell Troup round 3-4, Travis Ivey round 7, D'anthony Smith in round 4-5, and Arthur Jones round 4 there will still be a lot of options from round 4-7

I gotta agree with you here. Linval Joseph and Jeff Owens being two of my favorites. Troup is going to be very talented as well.

Chubby
03-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Why???

if you watched video of Cody's Proday, Fat F*ck Ryan was drooling over Cody. Rumors are he is in love with Cody.
Chubbs

Chubby
03-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Teams that are really desperate for NT:

Chiefs(need two),Bills(need two),Dolphins,Panthers,Chargers,Tampa Bay,Redskins

Don't expect any players to slide and don't expect to find value in the later rounds.

There is just way too much need out there.

If you want a decent NT prospect this year, you better be willing to pay, because the bargains ain't gonna be there.

This is a big reason why I advocate trading for Shaun Rogers.
No actually, There are more then a few worthy later on. As listed by a few others.
Chubbs

OrlandoFin
03-19-2010, 08:53 AM
Why???

Been rumors of a lot of interest. They also spent a lot of time with him at his proday. Kris Jenkins played in only 6 games last year and is 137 years old...LOL

BARF
03-19-2010, 08:54 AM
and this sucks nt is the weakest position in the draft this year but i am pretty sure we will get a gem

emeraldfin
03-19-2010, 09:01 AM
I'd rather go later for a NT so I hope it helps another skilled guy fall to us.

Agree 100% with that.

ColonelJ
03-19-2010, 09:08 AM
No NT before the fourth round. It makes no sense to do so. Jeff Owens and Linval Joseph are both fourth round projects.

matt11390
03-19-2010, 09:56 AM
No way Miami drafts a NT that early if at all. They have Ferguson back in the middle of the season, Solai, and McDaniel. That's 3 men for one spot. They only way they draft a NT is by getting rid of one or two of them. Could happen but I think drafting a NT this year is a dream only. We have more pressing holes to fill like LB, WR, and TE.

Elliott 1
03-19-2010, 10:46 AM
No actually, There are more then a few worthy later on. As listed by a few others.
Chubbs

The others listed are fine DT prospects but they aren't 3-4 NT prospects.

Maybe Owens because of his brute strength could play nose in a pinch, but he is a 3-technique.

Be realistic.

The 3-4 NT prospects are: Williams,Cody,Thomas,Linval,Peters?,Ivey,Tevaseau etc; but their are really just the top 4 who would be considered NFL ready, and none of them are really ready to start full time.

It isn't a good situation at all for teams that are needy.

It would be much better to trade for Rogers.

Elliott 1
03-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Been rumors of a lot of interest. They also spent a lot of time with him at his proday. Kris Jenkins played in only 6 games last year and is 137 years old...LOL

Jenkins will be totally healthy by camp, his injury was sustained early in the season.

His replacement Sione Pouha, graded out as the #1, 3-4, NT in the NFL.

Pouha turned out to be the best run stuffer in the NFL and it had a lot to do with the Jets having a great defense and going to the playoffs.

If there was a team that was in the least need of a DT, it is the Jets.

Elliott 1
03-19-2010, 10:55 AM
No NT before the fourth round. It makes no sense to do so. Jeff Owens and Linval Joseph are both fourth round projects.

Walterfootball.com has Linval Joseph going to the Chargers in the 2nd round.

I agree with Walter Cherepinsky. Those top 4 NT prospects will all go in the first two rounds and Owens isn't a 3-4 NT, not for a year or two anyway.

emeraldfin
03-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Jenkins will be totally healthy by camp, his injury was sustained early in the season.

Pouha turned out to be the best run stuffer in the NFL and it had a lot to do with the Jets having a great defense and going to the playoffs.

Totally agree with that.

ColonelJ
03-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Walterfootball.com has Linval Joseph going to the Chargers in the 2nd round.

I agree with Walter Cherepinsky. Those top 4 NT prospects will all go in the first two rounds and Owens isn't a 3-4 NT, not for a year or two anyway.

So? If Owens and Joseph go in second good for the Chargers. We'll take Kade Weston in the fourth. A better value.

OrlandoFin
03-19-2010, 11:32 AM

OK, guess we'll see...

Elliott 1
03-19-2010, 11:39 AM
So? If Owens and Joseph go in second good for the Chargers. We'll take Kade Weston in the fourth. A better value.

Kade Weston??? Draftscout.com has him going undrafted and draftcountdown has him the 22nd DT.

That might not be value.

ColonelJ
03-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Even better! We'll get Kade Weston undrafted. Superb value. And we'll let the Chargers spend the second for Linval Joseph.

hooshoops
03-19-2010, 01:30 PM
jenkins tore an acl and was imo hovering around 360 lbs before the injury...what you guys think is gonna happen to a guy who can't do any running conditioning while his knee heals??? i think he's gonna balloon up in weight and have to spend most of training camp just getting his wind and working on his conditioning...

i don't expect kris jenkins to be a dominant player next year...especially early in the season and i could see him being inactive for a few games if things don't go well in his rehab...

i absolutely believe that rex ryan has his double chin fixed on either terrence cody or golden tate late in round 1...maybe could throw arrelius benn in there as well...

Ed Norton
03-19-2010, 04:31 PM
No way Miami drafts a NT that early if at all. They have Ferguson back in the middle of the season, Solai, and McDaniel. That's 3 men for one spot. They only way they draft a NT is by getting rid of one or two of them. Could happen but I think drafting a NT this year is a dream only. We have more pressing holes to fill like LB, WR, and TE.

Soliai and McDaniel suck I hope they get Cody somehow.