PDA

View Full Version : Is It Too Far Fetched To Trade Up For Sue?

Dolphin21
03-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Hey guys, i know it sounds crazy, but since we have no clear cut number 12 pick, and we would either be reaching or settling... why not trade up to 2 ( the lions) for our first and a package of players along with a 5 and 2 6ths? or maybe trading our 5th and 6th for their 6th and 7th? Look they are going thru their own culture change, so they can use a couple of solid bodies... and the extra picks, and at least we would be getting who we wanted, and anchoring down our Dline for the next decade, just like we did with J Long? What do you think? and it was a thought, please be gentle... LOL!

LikeUntoGod
03-18-2010, 07:00 PM
Get a chart, do the math and then wonder why we would do it even if we could.

3rdandinches
03-18-2010, 07:01 PM
I would never trade for a player named SUE!

And your trade value seems to be skewed in our favour!

rev kev
Well that is about the equivalent of trading up to no.1 so do the math...?

MiZFiT
not to mention he doesnt fit a 3-4 scheme. he would probably still be good in a 3-4 but he could potentially be a HOFer in a 4-3 defense.

rev kev
03-18-2010, 07:02 PM
I would trade for a player named SUE!

And your trade value seems to be skewed in our favour!

A boy named Sue that is :chuckle:

ZILLA
03-18-2010, 07:06 PM
who is sue

we dont have a fifth round pick

why would a team trade the #2 overall pick for #12 and some 6s

suh is a 4-3 dt

neg rep

JCane
03-18-2010, 07:07 PM
We trade up for anyone it had better be for Eric Berry.

dolphinsbshaw72
03-18-2010, 07:09 PM
thats what im sayin.. the only person i would trade up for would be berry!!!!

Ozfin77
03-18-2010, 11:51 PM
I"m starting to like Earl Thomas over Eric Berry.....

Can anyone talk me out of it....lol!

Elliott 1
03-19-2010, 02:31 AM
not to mention he doesnt fit a 3-4 scheme. he would probably still be good in a 3-4 but he could potentially be a HOFer in a 4-3 defense.

I couldn't disagree more. Suh is the quintessential 5-technique if there ever was one.

Wow man, just wow.

Clipse
03-19-2010, 02:34 AM
Yes, it is too farfetched. It will not cost #12, a couple players and low picks to trade up. More like our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and some low picks.

ebcrew
03-19-2010, 02:37 AM
no please this guy is a bust

COphinphan89
03-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Is it too far fetched to trade up for Suh? Yes

Is it too far fetched to trade up for Berry? HELL NO

Elliott 1
03-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Hey guys, i know it sounds crazy, but since we have no clear cut number 12 pick, and we would either be reaching or settling... why not trade up to 2 ( the lions) for our first and a package of players along with a 5 and 2 6ths? or maybe trading our 5th and 6th for their 6th and 7th? Look they are going thru their own culture change, so they can use a couple of solid bodies... and the extra picks, and at least we would be getting who we wanted, and anchoring down our Dline for the next decade, just like we did with J Long? What do you think? and it was a thought, please be gentle... LOL!

It isn't crazy at all.

It is a very plausible idea and for all we know the talking going on between Detroit and Miami right after free agency began was all about a draft day trade scenario.

It is certainly possible that the deal is already in place and if the Rams indeed choose QB(which could be done prior to draft day) the trade may take place.

It would probably demand the giving up of our 2011 1st, but perhaps not.

If they could get Detroit to acknowledge 1st round trade value for Ronnie Brown and Kendall Langford, then a combination player and pick trade might work.

Actually if you consider Langfords age and NFL ranking as a DE, if he wasn't considered 1st round value, it wouldn't be just. Ronnie Brown, however, would be a much tougher sell at that value, but even if they gave us 2nd round value that would be huge.

It would defintely depend on motivation.

There is a very good chance, and I mean a very good chance, that both Detroit and Tampa Bay don't even want their high picks.

Teams just can't afford these huge contracts and bonusses to rookies year after year.

I think motivation is very high in Detroit and Tampa Bay to get out of the top three.

Detroit is probably going to draft LT anyway, and the 1st round has a lot nice options all through it.

Tampa Bay needs DL help but Kendall Langford and Jared Odrick or Brian Price might look just as good or better to the Bucs than just Suh.

Oh Ya, it could happen.

JCane
03-19-2010, 04:07 AM

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

52CANES
03-19-2010, 07:38 AM
It isn't crazy at all.

It is a very plausible idea and for all we know the talking going on between Detroit and Miami right after free agency began was all about a draft day trade scenario.

It is certainly possible that the deal is already in place and if the Rams indeed choose QB(which could be done prior to draft day) the trade may take place.

It would probably demand the giving up of our 2011 1st, but perhaps not.

If they could get Detroit to acknowledge 1st round trade value for Ronnie Brown and Kendall Langford, then a combination player and pick trade might work.

Actually if you consider Langfords age and NFL ranking as a DE, if he wasn't considered 1st round value, it wouldn't be just. Ronnie Brown, however, would be a much tougher sell at that value, but even if they gave us 2nd round value that would be huge.

It would defintely depend on motivation.

There is a very good chance, and I mean a very good chance, that both Detroit and Tampa Bay don't even want their high picks.

Teams just can't afford these huge contracts and bonusses to rookies year after year.

I think motivation is very high in Detroit and Tampa Bay to get out of the top three.

Detroit is probably going to draft LT anyway, and the 1st round has a lot nice options all through it.

Tampa Bay needs DL help but Kendall Langford and Jared Odrick or Brian Price might look just as good or better to the Bucs than just Suh.

Oh Ya, it could happen.

Detroit needs a LT. They would especially draft Okung with pick #2 in this case because LT is also a premium position so it works out perfectly for them lol.

XxfeensterxX
03-19-2010, 09:32 AM

ha ha.

matt11390
03-19-2010, 09:57 AM

yes...it is too far fetched :up:

fgrocker
03-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Is there some way we could get idiots like this banned from the forums for good?

Phin-Phan 66
03-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Is there some way we could get idiots like this banned from the forums for good?

That's a bit harsh. His scenario ain't happening, but a lifetime ban just for throwing out some idle chit-chat in the offseason?

Banning him for life is about as likely as us drafting "Sue"

fgrocker
03-19-2010, 02:25 PM
That's a bit harsh. His scenario ain't happening, but a lifetime ban just for throwing out some idle chit-chat in the offseason?

Banning him for life is about as likely as us drafting "Sue"

Agreed. Sorry. I just get a bit worked up when someone creates a thread about how we need to get this game-changing player on our team by any means necessary, but can't spell his last name. When it's only THREE LETTERS.

Elliott 1
03-20-2010, 09:26 AM
Ya, it's just so offensive that a Dolphin fan would want the best DL prospect in the last 10 years to be on our team.

Clipse
03-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Ya, it's just so offensive that a Dolphin fan would want the best DL prospect in the last 10 years to be on our team.
What's offensive is some Dolphins fans are willing to give up the whole draft for a 4-3 DT.

ROADRUNNER
03-20-2010, 12:33 PM

to much man love..................:chuckle: