PDA

View Full Version : Todd McShay Believes Dez Bryant Will Be Available When Miami Picks

Aqua and Orange
03-18-2010, 10:24 PM
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/03/18/todd-mcshay-a-good-chance-dez-bryant-falls-to-no-12-for-the-dolphins/

Todd McShay: “A good chance” Dez Bryant falls to No. 12 for the Dolphins

by Edgar Thompson
ESPN’s Todd McShay believes Dez Bryant is the most-talented wide receiver in the draft since Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson.

But while Calvin Johnson was the No. 2 pick in 2007 and Andre Johnson No. 3 in 2003, no one knows how far Bryant will fall because of questions about his character, dependability and motivation.

McShay, speaking on a conference call today, said the questions about Bryant - a top-5 talent by any measure - could force the wide receiver-needy Dolphins to make a tough decision at No. 12.

“Dez Bryant is most likely not going to be a top-five pick and there’s a good chance he’s not going to go in the top 10, 11 spots,” McShay said.

Everyone here knows who’d be up next.

For some reason I can envision myself shouting at the screen just like I did in 2007 when the team passes on Dez Bryant in favor of another player.

skipp2myloo13
03-18-2010, 10:47 PM
I get excited just thinking about it. Still have my major doubts-I know some NFL people are dumb-but really? this dumb-doubt it.

dolfan_101
03-18-2010, 10:50 PM
That would make this off season pretty impressive. Plus hopefully a starting caliber fs/olb/te in the process, or atleast suitable upgrades.

Ozfin77
03-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Dont want him.....He's trouble.

Wait for Benn and take him!

DcRy82
03-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Dont want him.....He's trouble.

Wait for Benn and take him!

So was Randy Moss...

Seriously, what has he done that is so bad? The only thing that is REALLY that big of a deal is that he hasnt worked out for anybody yet.. Otherwise, what has he really done to draw red flags?? Because people say he's lazy? Marino was "on drugs"... Do you wish we didnt take him?

JCane
03-19-2010, 12:00 AM
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/03/18/todd-mcshay-a-good-chance-dez-bryant-falls-to-no-12-for-the-dolphins/

For some reason I can envision myself shouting at the screen just like I did in 2007 when the team passes on Dez Bryant in favor of another player.

So you're gonna shout at the screen in anger if we pass on Dez Bryant and take Eric Berry if both are there? If Eric Berry (best player in the draft by the way) is available and we take him over Dez Bryant you're gonna kick and scream like it's a Ted Ginn pick?

:lol:

Aqua and Orange
03-19-2010, 12:14 AM
So you're gonna shout at the screen in anger if we pass on Dez Bryant and take Eric Berry if both are there? If Eric Berry (best player in the draft by the way) is available and we take him over Dez Bryant you're gonna kick and scream like it's a Ted Ginn pick?

:lol:

Eric Berry AND Dez Bryant available for us at pick 12?

I would pay an extremely large amount for what you are smoking! :rastanana

JCane
03-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Eric Berry AND Dez Bryant available for us at pick 12?

I would pay an extremely large amount for what you are smoking! :rastanana

I'm just saying...it's certainly possible. Dez Bryant didn't play at all last season and now there are reports of an injury Eric Berry suffered. Crazier things have happened. Guys go higher and lower than they should every year. That's fact.

houtz
03-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Eric Berry could pass away tomorrow and he would still go before our pick at 12.

If Bryant is there and we pass on him I might end my life. Much like I wanted to when we passed on Quinn.

Ozfin77
03-19-2010, 12:26 AM
So was Randy Moss...

Seriously, what has he done that is so bad? The only thing that is REALLY that big of a deal is that he hasnt worked out for anybody yet.. Otherwise, what has he really done to draw red flags?? Because people say he's lazy? Marino was "on drugs"... Do you wish we didnt take him?

If you were running a business and had a kid apply for a job that had been found doing something he shouldnt have in his last job AND then lied to authorities investigating those allegations AND then didnt work for most of the past year AND then didnt want to show you what he had in terms of skils, but acted like a prima donna and scheduled "his own" interview/workout in his hometown would you still be keen to employ him??...........

I wouldnt.

Like I said....Trouble.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Dez is not trouble at all did you not hear his interview... If not listen to it and you will want to draft him...

Draft....

1. Dez Bryant WR
2. Jerry Hughes OLB
3. Morgan Burnett/ Reshad Jones FS
4. Linval Joseph NT
5. Gave up Thipen for it... (Jeff Owens) NT
6. Andrew Quarless TE
6. LeGarrette Blount RB
6. Darryl Sharpton ILB
6. Nolan Carroll CB
7. Danario Alexander WR
7. Antonio Coleman OLB

Anythink like this will make me super happy!!!

I cant wait till that morning I wake up for the draft...
I love draft mornings because I think of it like this, In the next few hours the dolphins will have a new star on the team!!!

EFWilson
03-19-2010, 12:32 AM
I dont think Berry will be there at 12. I have a feeling Dez will be there and Miami will pass on him. I wouldnt be surprised if Miami management pulls a "Whos That" this year and reach with the #12 pick.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Eric Berry could pass away tomorrow and he would still go before our pick at 12.

If Bryant is there and we pass on him I might end my life. Much like I wanted to when we passed on Quinn.

If we pass on Dez I will see you in heaven my friend...:pray:

Ozfin77
03-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Dez is not trouble at all did you not hear his interview... If not listen to it and you will want to draft him...

Draft....

1. Dez Bryant WR
2. Jerry Hughes OLB
3. Morgan Burnett/ Reshad Jones FS
4. Linval Joseph NT
5. Gave up Thipen for it... (Jeff Owens) NT
6. Andrew Quarless TE
6. LeGarrette Blount RB
6. Darryl Sharpton ILB
6. Nolan Carroll CB
7. Danario Alexander WR
7. Antonio Coleman OLB

Anythink like this will make me super happy!!!

I cant wait till that morning I wake up for the draft...
I love draft mornings because I think of it like this, In the next few hours the dolphins will have a new star on the team!!!

Buddy, dont believe everything you hear or anything anyone tells you until people speak with their actions. Words can be cheap.

I havent seen/heard the interview, but will be trying to find it as soon as I get home from work.

When people are under pressure, they say things that they dont really mean to either save face or make themselves look better. Dez's stock has dropped in the past couple weeks. I'd imagine he'd be needing to prop it up a little.

If you have a link to that interview, I'd really appreciate it if you could PM me the link perhaps? Thanks man.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-19-2010, 01:00 AM
http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347

I wouldnt believe it if it was just people talkin but this is him and the Big O so I believe it... He has said he has never done nothing wrong and he has never missed practice or was late to practice but was late a few times freshmen year to meetings...

Ozfin77
03-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Thanks dude. I'll check it out when I get home.

Roman529
03-19-2010, 01:32 AM
If Dez Bryant is there and we get him, great.....but I don't think it will be the end of the world if we take a much needed defensive player.

3rdandinches
03-19-2010, 01:54 AM
If you were running a business and had a kid apply for a job that had been found doing something he shouldnt have in his last job AND then lied to authorities investigating those allegations AND then didnt work for most of the past year AND then didnt want to show you what he had in terms of skils, but acted like a prima donna and scheduled "his own" interview/workout in his hometown would you still be keen to employ him??...........

I wouldnt.

Like I said....Trouble.

So because he spoke to D.Sanders, said he didn't, then came clean to the NCAA and gets suspended. I'm suppose to believe this guys a bad kid!!!!

So he doesn't want to show you his skills but has scheduled his own workout which will show his skills and I'm to hold that against him too!

Maybe his film shows me his skills, maybe when I talk with him I can make my own mind up. Maybe we can look at the big picture and realize how pathetic the NCAA acted in handling the situation.

Maybe the NCAA should apoligize to this kid, he did nothing wrong. So he paniced when he was asked if he talked to D.Sanders, geez I never thought a kid would do that. Don't they all know how to act right from birth, big trouble, stay away from this kid, lol.

This is some of the biggest bs going, if this is a trouble kid then I guess our society is in a world of hurt because in my books he's done nothing wrong except for acting like a kid and then MANNED up by coming clean, I respect that.

Aqua and Orange
03-19-2010, 10:39 AM
If Dez Bryant is there and we get him, great.....but I don't think it will be the end of the world if we take a much needed defensive player.

I agree that it definitely won't be the end of the world, and I think the majority of people expect that to happen with the holes in the team's defense.

For many though, it would highlight an offseason in which the Dolphins had many options to fill a hole on their offense and chose to not pursue any of them. That could be a frustrating thing, and would speak more to the long term plan they have at filling the #1 WR spot (namely, hoping a late round guy develops or an early round guy with a squeaky clean off field record falls in their laps).

I'm extremely interested to see what will happen if Bryant falls to 12 because it will speak volumes about the team's priorities.

Phin-Phan 66
03-19-2010, 02:38 PM
I hope Dez's stock continues to drop so he is available to us at #12.
The kid is a huge talent and I would love to have him on our team.
But, if the Tuna passes, I will cheer anyone they draft until that person's play on the field dictates otherwise.

If Dez wasn't without some baggage he would be long gone at 12. If he's gone, I'm pulling for Brandon Graham.

ShaBam
03-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Yes to Bryant at 12.

twix2500
03-19-2010, 06:24 PM
I have died three times so for. 1st when we passed on Randy Moss. 2nd passing on Brees and Reggie Wayne to draft Fletcher. 3rd Drafting Ginn instead of Patrick Willis and Brady Quinn.
This would be the fourth if we passed on Dez Bryant.

Aqua and Orange
03-19-2010, 06:31 PM
I have died three times so for. 1st when we passed on Randy Moss. 2nd passing on Brees and Reggie Wayne to draft Fletcher. 3rd Drafting Ginn instead of Patrick Willis and Brady Quinn.
This would be the fourth if we passed on Dez Bryant.

Me too. Believe it or not, the worst one for me was Brees. I wanted us to draft him so badly and remember me telling my friends, "I guess the Dolphins know something we don't."

Sound familiar?.....seconds 17-36 in this video should show you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

twix2500
03-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Oh God the jets draft always make me feel better. Especially the knicks draft lol.

twix2500
03-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Could you imagine some of drafts that went wrong in 90's could of made our dolphins a power house. Don't get me wrong Jimmy gave us some great players, but the few he missed and all the players Dave missed on could of set us up for greatness. Could you image Yatil Green staying healthy, Cecil Collins staying out of trouble, and drafting Moss and Brees! Along with all those great defensive players Jimmy drafted. Even without Brees, imagine Marino with Yatil Green, Randy Moss and Cecil Collins, and that defense!

Phinatic8u
03-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Buddy, dont believe everything you hear or anything anyone tells you until people speak with their actions. Words can be cheap.

I havent seen/heard the interview, but will be trying to find it as soon as I get home from work.

When people are under pressure, they say things that they dont really mean to either save face or make themselves look better. Dez's stock has dropped in the past couple weeks. I'd imagine he'd be needing to prop it up a little.

If you have a link to that interview, I'd really appreciate it if you could PM me the link perhaps? Thanks man.

Don't mean to be rude bro, but if you say words are cheap then why would you belive what you READ abut Dez Bryant. :ponder:

Phinatic8u
03-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Like I've always stated the only player i would take over Bryant would be Berry.