PDA

View Full Version : Rate these mocks please!!!

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Ok im gonna list a few Mocks...
This is the Signings and trades that go along with all 3 mocks...

Resign Jason Taylor(1 year deal)
Sign Travis LaBoy
Cut Charlie Anderson
Trade Thigpen for a 5th...

Mock 1
1. Earl Thomas FS Texas/ Eric Berry if he falls... :pray:
2. Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech
3. Torrell Troupe NT UCF
4. George Selvie OLB South Florida
5. Jeff Owens NT Georgia
6. Andrew Quarless TE Penn State
6. LaGarrette Blount RB Oregon
6. Darryl Sharpton ILB Miami
6. Nolan Carroll CB Maryland
7. Danario Alexander WR Missouri
7. Antonio Coleman OLB Auburn

Mock 2

1. Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State
2. Jerry Hughes OLB TCU
3. Morgan Burnett FS Georgia Tech/ Reshad Jones FS Georgia
4. Linval Joseph NT East Carolina
5. Jeff Owens NT Georgia
6. LaGarrette Blount RB Oregon

Mock 3

1. Brandon Graham OLB Michigan
2. Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech
3. Morgan Burnett FS Georgia Tech/ Reshad Jones FS Georgia
4. Linval Joseph East Carolina
5. Jeff Owens NT Georgia
6. LaGarrett Blount RB Oregon

I love the idea taking two NT especially if we draft them mid to late of the draft...
My mocks are really close to being the same but it has differences...
Rate all 3!!!!
Which one is your favorite???
Which one will help us the most???
Which one is the most Realistic???

skipp2myloo13
03-18-2010, 10:46 PM
2, 1, 3. In that order. But for mock 1-ill take Hughes in round 2. That will make it better.

Pope Shula XIV
03-18-2010, 10:49 PM
I like #3 and #1 the best. I really believe that Graham and Thomas are going to be studs in the NFL. And there certainly seems to be a bit of buzz about Jeff Owens and Miami's interest in him.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-18-2010, 11:38 PM
2, 1, 3. In that order. But for mock 1-ill take Hughes in round 2. That will make it better.

I would pass on Hughes if Demaryius is there... Bey Bey is just to good to pass on in the second...

#1dolphinsfan
03-19-2010, 12:42 AM
The only thing i would change with the second mock is take out Jeff Owens from the fifth and put in a TE there and with the first 6th draft a DT or DE

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-19-2010, 12:48 AM
I can reason with that... Anything close to my mock will make me really happy.

#1dolphinsfan
03-19-2010, 12:51 AM
I can reason with that... Anything close to my mock will make me really happy.
im not saying i would be upset if we did go back to back NT i would be happy either way

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-19-2010, 12:54 AM
It wouldnt matter to me I would like it either way as well. Who would be your swaps though? Like who for fifth and who for sixth?

WelcomeBack
03-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Actually, we only have 3 6th round picks...not 4 if I remember correctly. I'm not really going to rate each mock...I'd rather just give my opinion on the picks.

For your 3 1st rounders, you have Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant and Brandon Graham, respectively. I'd love either of them. Thomas is a smart player. He's an instinctive leader that I'd love to have, especially with his skill level and young age. Brandon Graham is a player, and he's shown that all off-season when given the chance. Dez Bryant, as much as people wanna say about the issues, the guy is money on the field. He's solid after the catch, can grab the ball at it's highest point and is an instant help.

For the 2nd rounds, you have Demaryius Thomas and Jerry Hughes. I personally like Thomas and feel he'll be a solid player. Jerry Hughes should not be there in the 2nd. He's 1st round material.

3rd round you have Torell Troup who I really like as a player. And Morgan Burnett who I feel is a great FS option or Reshad Jones who is looked as more of a strong safety.

4th round, Linval Joseph is a big player I like. George Selvie I'm kind of iffy on.

5th round, Jeff Owens is a great kid and hard worker. Solid player.

As for the rest, I'm a big fan of Andrew Quarless. Red flags, bit talent wise he could have been a high draft pick. Blount is a big bruiser with some character questions. That 4.53 40 at 238 lbs. should help him. Sharpton seems undersized to be a 3-4 ILB. Nolan Carroll I wouldn't mind, but I like Kevin Thomas better. Danario Alexander will be given a chance by someone earlier than this because of the size he possesses. Antonio Coleman should be a 3rd-4th round pick. Kid is solid.

Elliott 1
03-19-2010, 05:19 AM
Earl Thomas,Morgan Burnett,Linval Joseph,Nolan Carroll are good. Jeff Owens O.K.

I pretty much really oppose the other choices. Some of them don't fit our team at all and others like Blount and Quarless are ?'s. I don't understand all the love for Jerry Hughes.
Wake might not start because of coverage and you guys want to draft Hughes, who couldn't cover my granny. Walden can rush the passer and make big hits but he can't cover either. We certainly don't need another LB with coverage issues.

George Selvie?? Torrell Troup?? They don't fit, and Selvie looks like a bust.

I think Walden and Torbor and Johnston are more likely candidates for getting cut than Charlie Anderson. They had Anderson playing inside at late season practices.

Torbor is due twice as much money as Anderson.

JT should obviously be re-signed.

skipp2myloo13
03-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Hughes is the best pass rusher in the draft-please tell me you were only kidding when you said you wouldnt take him in the second round if a raw, unfinished, no route-running WR from a 3 option school is there? ????

ColonelJ
03-19-2010, 09:35 AM
Don't like Nolan Carroll and danario Alexander at all, Daryl Sharpton is an awful pick, Blount is not what we need imo, Quarless is terrible and erratic. Don't like it. I am also shying away from dez Bryant. We need a professional. I like the combination of 2 and 3.

1. WR Demaryius Thomas GT
2. WR Rejus Benn Ill.
3. RB Joe McKnight USC/Ben Tate
4. DT Jeff Owens/Linval Joseph UGA/ECU
6. CB Roderick Rollins BC
6. S Marcellus Bowman BC /Kurt Coleman tOSU /Anderson Russell tOSU
6. LB Mike McLaughlin BC
7. LB Cameron Sheffield Troy
7. LB Antonio Coleman Aub.

emeraldfin
03-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Would love option 2

Bryant and Hughes with our 1st rwo picks is a dream scenario. The rest of the draft I also like but I would take any draft that starts with Bryant and Hughes.

malzacher
03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
ur missing Jimmy Graham in the 3rd

Morey161
03-19-2010, 03:35 PM
They aren't bad would have Jimmy Graham in there somewhere.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Don't like Nolan Carroll and danario Alexander at all, Daryl Sharpton is an awful pick, Blount is not what we need imo, Quarless is terrible and erratic. Don't like it. I am also shying away from dez Bryant. We need a professional. I like the combination of 2 and 3.

1. WR Demaryius Thomas GT
2. WR Rejus Benn Ill.
3. RB Joe McKnight USC/Ben Tate
4. DT Jeff Owens/Linval Joseph UGA/ECU
6. CB Roderick Rollins BC
6. S Marcellus Bowman BC /Kurt Coleman tOSU /Anderson Russell tOSU
6. LB Mike McLaughlin BC
7. LB Cameron Sheffield Troy
7. LB Antonio Coleman Aub.

I would be pissed if we had that mock... Sorry to say. Draft 2 recievers 1 and 2 and the first is a major reach... 3. Id take Ben tate but feel there is other needs.
You dont have a TE... As for FS and OLB we need to get them early.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Earl Thomas,Morgan Burnett,Linval Joseph,Nolan Carroll are good. Jeff Owens O.K.

I pretty much really oppose the other choices. Some of them don't fit our team at all and others like Blount and Quarless are ?'s. I don't understand all the love for Jerry Hughes.
Wake might not start because of coverage and you guys want to draft Hughes, who couldn't cover my granny. Walden can rush the passer and make big hits but he can't cover either. We certainly don't need another LB with coverage issues.

George Selvie?? Torrell Troup?? They don't fit, and Selvie looks like a bust.

I think Walden and Torbor and Johnston are more likely candidates for getting cut than Charlie Anderson. They had Anderson playing inside at late season practices.

Torbor is due twice as much money as Anderson.

JT should obviously be re-signed.

How does Troup not fit?