PDA

View Full Version : Stop Making Threads about every player that gets released.

RobertHorry
03-19-2010, 12:04 PM
How about posters actually think before they post. Kevin Curtis got released, lets take a look at him? Sure why don't we. We only have 3 Kevin Curtis players on our team already. Why not just add another!

Or Darren Howard. Or LT. Or TO. Or every single player possible.

See if they fit our scheme/needs/wants, then make a thread.

I know the offseason is slow, but please come up with some material, like dissecting a players game or teams philosophy or anything other than these repetitive threads.

The Ghost
03-19-2010, 12:10 PM
I am with you. Surely someone will take offense to you starting this post and say your doing the same thing. I fight the urge to do this on a daily basis. I don't know why people think they get so much "cred" for being the first to post something.

Its one thing to start a topic about a player, then offer an in depth analysis as to why it would be a good move. Its another to just to right the word thoughts with 10 question marks behind someone's name.

LikeUntoGod
03-19-2010, 12:12 PM
It is the nature of the beast.

This time of year is the worse, almost no real news at all.

There will be a new rush of them after the draft when more players are released and then during training camp etc but at least there will be more news to talk about.

As you know RH, it is even worse on the smaller sites. Just grit your teeth the way I do and try to bear them.

The thing that most real Dolphins fans should now is that this front office is not really into one year, older player fixes. They are looking long term which means taking some lumps with younger players for now.

burger13
03-19-2010, 12:13 PM
stop making threads about what other people should or shouldn't make threads about.....

just because you, or even 99% of the board don't think a player would fit here, doesn't mean that the thead starter doesn't.

...but you are hardly helping to solve the problem with a thread like this.

The Mountie
03-19-2010, 12:15 PM
stop making threads about what other people should or shouldn't make threads about.....

just because you, or even 99% of the board don't think a player would fit here, doesn't mean that the thead starter doesn't.

i'm gonna start the stop making threads telling people to stop making threads thread. :)

d-day
03-19-2010, 12:15 PM
How about posters actually think before they post. Kevin Curtis got released, lets take a look at him? Sure why don't we. We only have 3 Kevin Curtis players on our team already. Why not just add another!

Or Darren Howard. Or LT. Or TO. Or every single player possible.

See if they fit our scheme/needs/wants, then make a thread.

I know the offseason is slow, but please come up with some material, like dissecting a players game or teams philosophy or anything other than these repetitive threads.

I am with you. Surely someone will take offense to you starting this post and say your doing the same thing. I fight the urge to do this on a daily basis. I don't know why people think they get so much "cred" for being the first to post something.

Its one thing to start a topic about a player, then offer an in depth analysis as to why it would be a good move. Its another to just to right the word thoughts with 10 question marks behind someone's name.

It's great for starting discussions but i'm with you guys, if you're going to take the time to start the thread, at least provide some opinion, facts or analysis about it.

Great thread, btw. Not just another "please stop making these kind of threads" thread. You backed it up with all the stuff we're talking about it.

tcdrover
03-19-2010, 12:16 PM

I agree. The only thing worst than idiotic threads are the posts about idiotic threads...

Think of it as a conversation. If you don't want to listen, then move on...

greasyObnoxious
splendid. as if it wasn't enough that the whole board is fighting over which player should or shouldn't come here we're beginning to fight over what poster should or shouldn't do. :hclap: laissez les bon-temps rouler

AquaInferno
This will be moved to spam like when I told my fellow Fin fans to stop being *** kissers of AFCE teams that are not the Fins! I was thanked by a few people including the Mod who moved my thread to spam.... Don't take it the wrong way but yea, this will be bye bye.

burger13
03-19-2010, 12:17 PM
It is the nature of the beast.

This time of year is the worse, almost no real news at all.

There will be a new rush of them after the draft when more players are released and then during training camp etc but at least there will be more news to talk about.

As you know RH, it is even worse on the smaller sites. Just grit your teeth the way I do and try to bear them.

The thing that most real Dolphins fans should now is that this front office is not really into one year, older player fixes. They are looking long term which means taking some lumps with younger players for now.

like Jason Taylor?

or Jason Ferguson?

or Ricky Williams? (he's admitted only wanting to play 1 more year, yet they haven't cut him yet??)

it's very closed-minded to think that a veteran player wouldn't be able to help a franchise, if only for a year....think the Saints have any regrets about signing old-*** Darren Sharper to a 1 yr deal last year?

RobertHorry
03-19-2010, 12:18 PM
splendid. as if it wasn't enough that the whole board is fighting over which player should or shouldn't come here we're beginning to fight over what poster should or shouldn't do. :hclap: laissez les bon-temps rouler

Its not fighting. I am asking for posters to offer some insight or analysis of the player or their threads. All the threads have little no insight.

greasyObnoxious
03-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Its not fighting. I am asking for posters to offer some insight or analysis of the player or their threads. All the threads have little no insight.

for now, it isn't.

SpurzN703
03-19-2010, 12:21 PM
I am with you. Surely someone will take offense to you starting this post and say your doing the same thing. I fight the urge to do this on a daily basis.

Well isn't he?

flynryan15
03-19-2010, 12:25 PM
I am all for starting a thread about a player that is proven and could make an impact. But seriously bringing up every scrub that gets cut and finding some obscure way that he might help the Dolphins. FOR REAL! There is a reason this player has bounced around several teams and been cut!

Vaark
03-19-2010, 12:27 PM
IAWTP 110% !!!!! :up:

...except this, since it's kind of important:

Bears | Will listen to offers for Olsen
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 07:51:10 -0700

Updating previous reports, Neil Hayes, of Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears will listen to offers for TE Greg Olsen even though general manager Jerry Angelo has insisted he is not shopping Olsen.

flynryan15
03-19-2010, 12:33 PM
IAWTP 110% !!!!! :up:

...except this, since it's kind of important:

Difference Olsen is an impact player! No need to bring up every scrub that gets wacked.