PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant: 'I'm not a bad person'

jim1
03-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Bryant also dismissed reports that he's shown up late for practices and games.

"I've never been late to a game or a practice. My freshman year, I've been late for a meeting. But as my career got going at Oklahoma State I [became more responsible]. I overcame a lot. Everything is positive now."

note: this quote is a head scratcher. Someone is lying about this issue and someone os telling the truth. Beats me which is which.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dez-bryant-nfl-draft-031910,0,3266559.story?track=rss

TedSlimmJr
03-19-2010, 01:35 PM
This is why we love it..

ckparrothead
03-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I listened to the interview. He did say he's never been late to a game, that they all walk to the stadium together so he doesn't know where that came from. He said he's also never been late to a practice. I'm not sure he really meant to say he'd only been late to one meeting, he might have meant that plurally, but he did say it was only in his freshman year and that as he got on in his Oklahoma State career he got better.

Going back to Jason Cole's report, scrutinizing that quote that suggested he'd been late for games...first off, right away the big red flag is whoever said it seemed like he was hearing it second hand because in his quote he was relaying his own reaction to the news, he laughed and said "He did what?" So right there, it's hearsay, not something whoever Cole talked to actually witnessed. The other thing he said that raised my eyebrows was he said it's not even a case where he was just late for warm-ups or something like that but the actual game. Like Dez said, they all walk to the stadium together. IF there was an incident at all, what it probably amounts to is Dez came to the stadium with everyone but didn't come out onto the field with the rest of the players when they were doing warm-ups, and he came out onto the field only shortly before kickoff. We have no idea why, and the chances are the chuckling idiot who talked to Jason Cole has no idea either, and it could have been an equipment/medical issue and this blowhard would never know.

hooshoops
03-19-2010, 01:42 PM
i'm not putting any stock in any of this bs...people love this kid on tape and they want him to fall into their laps...

that's my read...

JCfinfan
03-19-2010, 08:40 PM
I hear he was with PacMan Jones today giving him moral support for his workout. Is he a moron? Why would he even associate himself with a THUG like Jones around draft time?

Clipse
03-20-2010, 12:20 AM
I hear he was with PacMan Jones today giving him moral support for his workout. Is he a moron? Why would he even associate himself with a THUG like Jones around draft time?
I read that as well. I knew Bryant wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but wow... How dumb can you be?

Ozfin77
03-20-2010, 04:54 AM
The interview was a load of horse crap. It sounded choreographed and like he was pleading for forgiveness. I turned it off with 2 minutes left.

The kid isnt a "bad person", but his track record shows him to be someone you'd think twice, even three times about employing to work for you.

There's too many questions for me. I'll pass and hope he's gone by the time we come on the clock so we can concentrate on defence and getting a quality TE for Henne to throw to....Dez Bryant isnt the last WR to enter the draft or free agency.....WR can come later.

JCfinfan
03-20-2010, 09:15 AM
I read that as well. I knew Bryant wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but wow... How dumb can you be?

Yeah, seriously. If someone close to him knew any better they would fire whoever is advising him. That is just stupid to be there with the biggest thug in recent NFL history.

Clipse
03-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, seriously. If someone close to him knew any better they would fire whoever is advising him. That is just stupid to be there with the biggest thug in recent NFL history.
Certainly.

LikeUntoGod
03-20-2010, 11:11 AM

I guess OJ Simpson was busy and they could not hang out. I guess Bryant is ready to learn how to "make it rain".

It just goes to show that you can train someone to do interviews etc but put them on their own and next thing you know they will be throwing poo.........

P.S. I think history shows a player at his position taken around this time has close to a 50% bust rate.

Dogbone34
03-20-2010, 12:17 PM
can't believe he went to that work out. that's just crazy.

i don't see miami drafting dez bryant anymore