PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant: Bad Apple or Victim of the Media

dolphan98
03-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Interesting articles in today's papers (link on the front page of finheaven) discussing whether Dez Bryant really is a bad apple and will be a problem player for the team that drafts him or whether he is a victim of exposure from nationwide media. My view is that he made a bad decision, he paid for it and it seems like he has learned from his mistake. He has never been in trouble with the law. Give this kid proper guidance and he will get his head screwed on right.

I'm going on record saying that he will be a probowl receiver. He produced in college and he will produce in the NFL. Size, speed and willingness to go over the middle, he has the makings for a great receiver in the NFL.

I think Parcells & Co are more interested in this kid than they are letting on. I know Parcells rarely drafts receivers in the first round and he's a creature of habit but if this kid is still around at the 12 spot, he will have a hard time passing. In my view, he's a top 5 talent with character issues that are way overstated.

FinAtic8480
03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
In the draft forum there is the interview he had with Big O. Check it ou.

ROADRUNNER
03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
no smoke without fire

ckparrothead
03-19-2010, 02:25 PM
No smoke without mirrors.

napsndreds
03-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Interesting articles in today's papers (link on the front page of finheaven) discussing whether Dez Bryant really is a bad apple and will be a problem player for the team that drafts him or whether he is a victim of exposure from nationwide media. My view is that he made a bad decision, he paid for it and it seems like he has learned from his mistake. He has never been in trouble with the law. Give this kid proper guidance and he will get his head screwed on right.

I'm going on record saying that he will be a probowl receiver. He produced in college and he will produce in the NFL. Size, speed and willingness to go over the middle, he has the makings for a great receiver in the NFL.

I think Parcells & Co are more interested in this kid than they are letting on. I know Parcells rarely drafts receivers in the first round and he's a creature of habit but if this kid is still around at the 12 spot, he will have a hard time passing. In my view, he's a top 5 talent with character issues that are way overstated.

The kid is young and he is a beast. Great investment... he will get in trouble but what team isnt gonna have these kinds of problems...He will get drafted..if not by us then we will be watchign him saying..damn i wish we had him

DefensiveEnd76
03-19-2010, 02:31 PM
I think a lot of things with Dez were blown out of proportion. Okay he was late to a couple meetings and allegedly lied about the Deion Sanders thing. He is NOT a criminal. Did he do some immature things? sure he did, but you don't think our guys would kick him in the rear and motivate him to do the right things?

JT-forpresident
03-19-2010, 02:34 PM
no smoke without fire

isn't that what they said about vontae davis before the draft ?

:ponder:

i'm starting to think the dolphins are purposely creating those rumors so that their guy falls into their spot :lol:

dolphan98
03-19-2010, 02:44 PM

It seems like it's almost impossible to repair your reputation once you've made a few mistakes. Everything starts to snowball. Bryant's workouts will be telling of how he deals with adversity. Could really help his draft stock.

#1dolphinsfan
03-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Stuff like this was said about Vontae Last season that he was joker and i remember after his first preseason game there were a crap load of people in here that were calling him a bust already. This kind of stuff came out about Randy Moss also and look how far he has went in the NFL he is the #2 or 3 WR in NFL history IMO unless the OSU coaching staff comes out and says that he was late to games and Practices you cant believe anything the media says according to Dez Bryant he has only been late to a team meeting once and that was his freshman year in college, Its funny how all these reports dont come out untill its getting closer to the draft dont you think all these would have been reported when it happens plus if all this were true and he was late a lot he would have served a suspention from the team for that the only reason he got suspended last season was because he made a bad choise and lied to his NCAA about meeting with deion Sanders

ckparrothead
03-19-2010, 03:23 PM
It seems like it's almost impossible to repair your reputation once you've made a few mistakes. Everything starts to snowball. Bryant's workouts will be telling of how he deals with adversity. Could really help his draft stock.

Personally I hope other teams do believe the crap. I'd love for him to fall to #12.

TrinidadDolfan
03-19-2010, 03:36 PM
In the draft forum there is the interview he had with Big O. Check it ou.

I mean really....come on....
How much does Oprah really know about football anyways?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/oprahcrack-1.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/oprah-crack.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.inquisitr.com/tag/oprah/&usg=__vfVkTWf_sNxNRLIZL2dRCy4FKc8=&h=322&w=382&sz=28&hl=en&start=26&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=mEDaOt9acbjtmM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Doprah%2Bfootball%26start%3D20%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4ADBF_enTT250TT250%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1)

TrinidadDolfan
03-19-2010, 03:37 PM
no smoke without fire

That my friend, is exactly why we did not choose Randy Moss.

That worked out great, didn't it?

TrinidadDolfan
03-19-2010, 03:40 PM

Aye Captain

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/340839666_e886af9ddd-1.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/340839666_e886af9ddd.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.flickr.com/photos/scienceduck/340839666/&usg=__rq5rZ9x4qjzM58QmIPHQCJDiTAY=&h=500&w=500&sz=152&hl=en&start=136&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=JBaxyr2M1RL8QM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsmokescreen%26start%3D120%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1T4ADBF_enTT250TT250%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1)

TrinidadDolfan
03-19-2010, 03:42 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Ed Norton
03-19-2010, 04:20 PM
I think he has a real good chance in the NFL. The reason I see for not taking him is the defense is such a mess. The signing of Dansby is big for the defense so I think that may increase the odds of drafting of Bryant a little but I still think they go defense with the first pick.

j-off-her-doll
03-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Top-5 talent, and he made a minor mistake. It shouldn't have resulted in a year-long suspension. But, if he falls to us as a result, and we're smart enough to draft him - assuming Berry's off the board - go ***-hole-NCAA administrators, and go us!

dolphan98
03-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Personally I hope other teams do believe the crap. I'd love for him to fall to #12.

You and me both. Sure the defence needs some help but it would be hard to pass up on this kind of talent.

TXFinFan
03-19-2010, 04:52 PM

This! I can't believe how many "experts" have fallen for this obvious pre-draft ploy. It happens every single year. You have idiots like Kirwan on NFL.com that have Bryant sliding all the way to the Jets in their mock drafts.

There is NO WAY Dez Bryant lasts past #12.

Vaark
03-19-2010, 05:05 PM
If Dez surprisingly did fall to us, I'm not saying the FO would be right or wrong if they passed on him, but with the Ginn selection still rubbing some nerves raw, there'd be a fan and media volcanic eruption rivaling Mt Versuvius!

dolphan98
03-19-2010, 06:01 PM
If Dez surprisingly did fall to us, I'm not saying the FO would be right or wrong if they passed on him, but with the Ginn selection still rubbing some nerves raw, there'd be a fan and media volcanic eruption rivaling Mt Versuvius!

How much media uproar is there for any of Parcells' decisions? A lot harder to second guess one of the best football minds ever. Plus Bryant actually has the tools to be a number one receiver. Ginn's got speed... Think the media will be pretty content with the pick especially since Henne's been publicly asking for a go to guy.

Vaark
03-19-2010, 07:53 PM
How much media uproar is there for any of Parcells' decisions? A lot harder to second guess one of the best football minds ever. Plus Bryant actually has the tools to be a number one receiver. Ginn's got speed... Think the media will be pretty content with the pick especially since Henne's been publicly asking for a go to guy.

No, you misunderstand: I'm saying there'll be a monumental ****storm if he's available and we pass on him.

dolphan98
03-19-2010, 08:19 PM
No, you misunderstand: I'm saying there'll be a monumental ****storm if he's available and we pass on him.

I can definitely see that happening. I thought you meant that because drafting Ginn resulted in a likely bust, the media would be pissed if we draft another receiver. If the Dolphins passed on Bryant, especially with Henne's comments, there would certainly be some backlash regardless of Parcell's reputation (unless by some miracle Berry was still around).

thejetssuck
03-20-2010, 06:57 PM

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hi5:

No1Phinatic
03-20-2010, 07:58 PM
The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Is it plausible that a team could be out there encouraging the bad press to ensure his availability? Did Miami not benefit from similar talk about Davis last year? Just wondering that's all.

ROADRUNNER
03-21-2010, 09:27 AM
I just want defence in the draft, we can get a WR in 2011............

ChambersWI
03-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Dez made a few mistakes, the biggest being lying about his interaction with Primetime. He was suspended more because of the lie than the action. He also may have a bit of an attitude, but most WRs do anyway. I don't buy the argument Bryant didn't show up and was lazy; hell last year, they talked about how badly Dez wanted to prove he was a big game player against OU I believe (maybe Texas or Texas Tech) and he came out and had a great game.

dolphan98
03-21-2010, 11:54 AM
The truth is usually somewhere in the middle. Is it plausible that a team could be out there encouraging the bad press to ensure his availability? Did Miami not benefit from similar talk about Davis last year? Just wondering that's all.

Miami certainly benefited from the garbage that was put out about Davis last year and it would be huge if Dez dropped to us this year. But I have a hard time believing than any team would actively put out rumours about bad character. If the media or players caught the team in the act, there would be a tremendous amount of backlash from the players. Sure, teams such as the Dolphins do nothing before the draft to correct misconceptions about players and nor should they. They just rely on the media to label a player a bad apple and then use their own evaluations to wade through all the garbage out there.

skipp2myloo13
03-21-2010, 12:30 PM
I just want defence in the draft, we can get a WR in 2011............

Or we can take advantage of round 2-7 because Dez is a talent you just dont pass up.

finfan54
03-21-2010, 04:59 PM
I dont think based on what I have read that bryant is a bad dude. I think he made a decision based on saving his ars. What bryant did is not anything that even our president of the US would do (i need a little monica in my life....).

This is not he beat up his girl, got a dwi, ran someone over and split, ripped off a gas station, ect. ect. ect.

This is I got caught in a stupid NCAA rule thing yadda yadda yadda while reggie bush got away with it yadda yadda yadda.

His being late for meetings you just fine his rich *** and donate to your local charity.

Dez Bryant stuff will be glossed over by anyone who does their research.

But....dont think he will be there at 12. and....BP and co. may not want to risk that money on a guy who may not work hard at being the best there ever was because when you are supposedly that good but you dont work hard at it, then you become like many others....

just movin from team to team over the years. who will be the next jerry rice?