PDA

View Full Version : Dan Williams to Dolphins?

FinAtic8480
03-19-2010, 02:45 PM
An unnamed personnel official tells the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that Tennessee DT Dan Williams "has the Miami Dolphins written all over him."
The Dolphins, fittingly, are also in need of a two-gap nose tackle. While there are "one-year wonder" concerns about Williams, the Dolphins' coaching staff got to know him up close at Senior Bowl and came away impressed. He'll almost certainly be on their radar with the No. 12 overall pick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/news.aspx?sport=NFL&Show=SKILL

SR 7
03-19-2010, 03:03 PM
ya says written meaning seems to be the obvious choice.

it wont be. trust me.

ckparrothead
03-19-2010, 03:06 PM
That unnamed person is probably Daniel Jeremiah, who has been saying he really sees Dan Williams as the pick for Miami.

#1dolphinsfan
03-19-2010, 03:12 PM
There are about 3 players i would rather have then him that have a shot at being there when we pick and that is Dez Bryant, Brandon Graham, and Earl Thomas

j-off-her-doll
03-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Jesus Christ . . . I really don't want D. Williams.

BlueFin
03-19-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't see it, far to many big bodies that can clog the middle available later in the draft.

I think Bryant, a pass rusher or one of the safties is more likely at #12.

ckparrothead
03-19-2010, 03:52 PM
I know Simon would throw a fit but I wouldn't be that upset. I'd be very disappointed that they're closing the book on Paul Soliai, and I'd be wary that Dan isn't as good against the run as he's cracked up to be right away, which could keep him off the field for years because he's so one dimensional...

j-off-her-doll
03-19-2010, 04:42 PM
I know Simon would throw a fit but I wouldn't be that upset. I'd be very disappointed that they're closing the book on Paul Soliai, and I'd be wary that Dan isn't as good against the run as he's cracked up to be right away, which could keep him off the field for years because he's so one dimensional...

These seem like reasons you should be that disappointed - especially with the players that will be available at #12.

Tunaphish429
03-19-2010, 04:46 PM
I can see how he is the pick...We need a NT in a bad way...

We dont really have any options for the future..Solai is not going to get the job done..

Dan Williams is a perfect NT for us..I do see how ppl dont want him at that spot, cause it is a bit of a reach..

But I really dont see how we take a OLB , thinking that Wake is going to be a weakside guy...Do you really take a SOLB at the 12 spot if your playing a 34?

I dont see it...

Saftey would maybe be the pick..But I see Parcells and Ireland...And it seems to me that they are the types to build the front 7 first....

Wr is an option..But fins are not gonna take Dez...no way no how...some have him falling to later in the round now..

I think Dan Williams will be better than Mccoy at his respective position..

Just my opinion...call me crazy...

Ck do you think there is better value at NT than say OLB in this draft..

Do you think Cam Thomas or Price are better than Williams assuming they are still there in the later rounds?

ckparrothead
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
No idea why people are closing the book on Soliai. All he's done is keep getting better.

DKphin
03-19-2010, 05:59 PM
The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill
That is pretty funny:lol:

JT-forpresident
03-19-2010, 06:02 PM
No idea why people are closing the book on Soliai. All he's done is keep getting better.

Until he goes to the pro bowl everyone will keep saying he's a fatass who can't play football... :rolleyes:

i agree with you, he's coming along nicely and although i don't think he'll ever be in the Ngata/Jenkins/etc. class, I think if he keeps progressing like he is, he'll become a darn good starter for a couple of seasons

dolphan98
03-19-2010, 06:10 PM

Agree that he has steadily improved. Still question whether he is a starting nose tackle on a good defence. He disappeared at times last year so I would to see more from him this year before removing starting nose tackle from our list of needs. That said, unless Suh or McCoy is available at 12, I would prefer to address nose tackle later in the draft or via a trade. Let whoever we pick compete with Solai for the job.

Phin-Phan 66
03-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Post more oftern JT - that french chick is HOT

JT-forpresident
03-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Post more oftern JT - that french chick is HOT

:lol::lol::lol:

i thought you were gonna talk about my post ...

but it's no wonder my signature gets all the attention :chuckle: :hitit:

* vote JT-FP in the march madness tourney ! *

DefensiveEnd76
03-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Dan Williams was manhandled when he played better competition (see Alabama game). He was pushed all over the place. He doesn't impress me one fricken bit and I hope like hell we don't pick him at #12!!!!

52CANES
03-19-2010, 06:59 PM
I can see how he is the pick...We need a NT in a bad way...

We dont really have any options for the future..Solai is not going to get the job done..

Dan Williams is a perfect NT for us..I do see how ppl dont want him at that spot, cause it is a bit of a reach..

But I really dont see how we take a OLB , thinking that Wake is going to be a weakside guy...Do you really take a SOLB at the 12 spot if your playing a 34?

I dont see it...

Saftey would maybe be the pick..But I see Parcells and Ireland...And it seems to me that they are the types to build the front 7 first....

Wr is an option..But fins are not gonna take Dez...no way no how...some have him falling to later in the round now..

I think Dan Williams will be better than Mccoy at his respective position..

Just my opinion...call me crazy...

Ck do you think there is better value at NT than say OLB in this draft..

Do you think Cam Thomas or Price are better than Williams assuming they are still there in the later rounds?

How do we even know Dan Williams will be good at NT? Williams and McCoy play the same position so you can compare them directly, 4-3 DT.

Also, what is the point of taking someone in round 1 that everyone thinks will take 3 years or more to make an impact.. that BS is for 4th round picks.

hooshoops
03-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Dan Williams was manhandled when he played better competition (see Alabama game). He was pushed all over the place. He doesn't impress me one fricken bit and I hope like hell we don't pick him at #12!!!!

that's funny...tedslimm who's a huge bama fan said that dan williams was a handful for the bama oline in that game...

:ponder:

you guys act like he's garbage...i think that's crazy talk...worth pick #12??? debatable...but i think he's a solid first rounder...

utahphinsfan
03-19-2010, 09:46 PM
My preference @ #12 is Brandon Graham or Sergio Kindle.

Though, I could live with Pierre-Paul or D. Williams.

There is no way it can be as bad as what was expected or actually happened with the 2007 draft.

DefensiveEnd76
03-19-2010, 10:03 PM
that's funny...tedslimm who's a huge bama fan said that dan williams was a handful for the bama oline in that game...

:ponder:

you guys act like he's garbage...i think that's crazy talk...worth pick #12??? debatable...but i think he's a solid first rounder...

I watched the Tennessee/Alabama game and on many occasions in that game, Williams was manhandled by just 1 o-lineman. Williams looked slow and unmotivated on top of it.

hooshoops
03-19-2010, 10:11 PM
hold on...i think i still have that game on tape...let me see

Kdawg954
03-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Definitely fills a need, and he is the best NT (outside of Suh of course) in this draft. If the Fins break a trend and take this guy at 12, we should be very excited, because that speaks volumes in itself.

hooshoops
03-19-2010, 10:57 PM
well i don't have the bama game...but i do have about 3 sec games still...

i just watched the first half of the tennessee georgia game and he was in the backfield an awful lot...

case in point...swim moved the guard and then exploded into the backfield to put the hit on the qb which forced an int on the play...

2 other examples of williams excellent lateral movement and flow down the los where he caught ball carriers at the los on plays i wouldn't think he should have any business making...wide runs off tackle and he gets there...

another example of a swim move on a guard and that quick short area acceleration into the backfield to put a big hit on joe cox...

saw a couple examples where he was engaged on pass downs and seemed to take a breather...didn't work all that hard to get off...

pursues the ball like no other nose in this draft ( at least no other i've seen tape of)...none

i think he needs to get stronger at the poa vs the run but he's got the tools to do that...big thick thighs big bubble...

every tape i've watched which admittedly has been the sec games or the va tech bowl game he's given the competition fits...

i can say without question that he looks much better on tape than anything i saw from cam thomas during the season...

1st rounder in my book...all the way

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-19-2010, 11:01 PM
There are about 3 players i would rather have then him that have a shot at being there when we pick and that is Dez Bryant, Brandon Graham, and Earl Thomas

Me and you think the same

hooshoops
03-19-2010, 11:09 PM
i'd probably agree that i would prefer bryant, graham, and earl thomas maybe a couple others over dan williams but i won't go ape **** if he's the pick at #12...and i definitely won't in any trade down scenario...

dan williams at pick #12 isn't anything like ted ginn at pick #9 years ago...not by a long shot...

Aqua and Orange
03-20-2010, 12:00 AM
That unnamed person is probably Daniel Jeremiah, who has been saying he really sees Dan Williams as the pick for Miami.

To Daniel Jeremiah's house, with pitchforks and torches!

XxfeensterxX
03-20-2010, 12:42 AM
well i don't have the bama game...but i do have about 3 sec games still...

i just watched the first half of the tennessee georgia game and he was in the backfield an awful lot...

case in point...swim moved the guard and then exploded into the backfield to put the hit on the qb which forced an int on the play...

2 other examples of williams excellent lateral movement and flow down the los where he caught ball carriers at the los on plays i wouldn't think he should have any business making...wide runs off tackle and he gets there...

another example of a swim move on a guard and that quick short area acceleration into the backfield to put a big hit on joe cox...

saw a couple examples where he was engaged on pass downs and seemed to take a breather...didn't work all that hard to get off...

pursues the ball like no other nose in this draft ( at least no other i've seen tape of)...none

i think he needs to get stronger at the poa vs the run but he's got the tools to do that...big thick thighs big bubble...

every tape i've watched which admittedly has been the sec games or the va tech bowl game he's given the competition fits...

i can say without question that he looks much better on tape than anything i saw from cam thomas during the season...

1st rounder in my book...all the way

He def. is a first rounder but not a very good pick at 12 with much better talent on the board. And the example you give isnt againt "elite" talent, Georgias line struggled early on in that season. Dan Williams is a good pick in the late first round, but not good value at 12. Graham/Thomas would be much better picks

dbeals05
03-20-2010, 01:40 AM
If were gonna get a NT in the 1st i would want cody. If he can get his weight down and stamina up, he is a future pro bowler. Cody was always double and some times triple teamed in college, and was still a force. He would be a great addition. Dan Williams reminds me to much of Vernon Gholston, great player when he wants to be but disappears to often

Elliott 1
03-20-2010, 05:41 AM
The Bills are probably going to take him anyway, so, not to worry.

I mean, c'mon, what would you do if you were the GM??

Your team is converting to the 3-4 defense and you have no NT's. Wouldn't you draft the best 3-4 NT prospect in the draft with your first pick????

Especially considering you are probably going to have to draft another NT in the later rounds.

I really doubt he is even there at 12.

BARF
03-20-2010, 08:48 AM
got on ffjungle.com, a lot of the mocks has us taking dan williams or pierre paul

hooshoops
03-20-2010, 11:12 AM
i'm well aware georgia's oline was nothing special this year...

lets go to the bowl game matchup against va tech...

dan williams had a half a sack multiple pressures and tackles at the los...va tech did have success running the ball but it was after being stoned up the middle they started running away from williams and outside where they did most of their damage...

they did have one nice run up the middle where williams was double teamed and washed out...

people saying he looks bad on tape and was pushed around a lot...i'd sure like to see some real examples of this...

BlueFin
03-20-2010, 01:46 PM

I just think a NT needs to be a dominant one to be worthy of #12, like a Ngata (Ravens, spelling?), otherwise this pick is too premium and better spent on a receiver the caliber of Bryant, or a disruptive pass rusher, or in this ever pass happy league, an extremely talented safety(in the Dolphins situation).

By the way, great articles you three have been writing.:up: