PDA

View Full Version : Spiller Could Find His Way To Miami

MARSHALLAW305
03-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Since we will have 14 or so FA next year to sign and or release that leaves a lot of ifs in the air. One of those concerns being our top 3 running backs. Since this years conundrum at 12 will make it hard to validate a player at that price I think the Fo might evaluate why not to pull the trigger this year instead of next. With all our needs at nt,fs,olb wr i dont really see myself as a FIN fan being disappointed with this pick. I think we have the line to make the screen pass work much better and with a threat on the outside like spiller he will take Ricky's position nicely. He is a pure outside threat with speed assuming we stick with the wildcat he will be an absolute:up: addition.

milldog
03-21-2010, 09:21 AM
So..............draft Spiller, trade Ricky for a #2 after he signs a letter guaranteeing he'll play for another 3 years, and pick up a NT with that pick...got it!

Clipse
03-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Highly doubt it. We will not pick Reggie Bush Jr. at #12, take it to the bank.

jim1
03-21-2010, 10:21 AM

Reputable banks would reject that transaction. Spiller would provide what we lack big time- offensive explosion. Great RB and a great receiving RB, can probably slplit out wide effectively. Pure speed and tremendous quicks as well. Ricky playing beyond 2010 lessens the chance of taking Spiller a bit imo, but I would be far from disappointed if he were the pick. Dude is instant explosion and instant chunk yardage.

ticophin
03-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Rickys announcement and agent change this week came for a reason, he is looking for a la$$t contract, and still feels the power in his legs and body...One of our options would be to trade him, for 1 week ago, we were looking at 2010 as his last season. If we want to cash in, its now or never!

Phinatic8u
03-21-2010, 11:40 AM

Yeah, No. Riggie Bush played in the Pac-10. Spiller played in the ACC which is a way better conference and did just as good as Reggie. Spiller is a way better RB than Bush

hemidemon
03-21-2010, 11:54 AM
It could happen. Spiller is a home run threat. I'd be happy with this pick.

Miamifin23
03-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Yeah, No. Riggie Bush played in the Pac-10. Spiller played in the ACC which is a way better conference and did just as good as Reggie. Spiller is a way better RB than Bush

ACC is better than the Pac 10? Hmmm.... Need I say more?

NAPPS
03-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Spiller in the first, D.Thomas in the second I would not mind that at all.

skipp2myloo13
03-21-2010, 12:34 PM
I would be all for it if, they are confident they can get a OLB and FS from either our current roster, FA or later in the draft. Spiller is a special type of talent, i would love to have. I think from the outside (if you have never seen either play in college) he looks like Bush. But if you actually do your HW you will see he is more than just a Bush, Sproles, Washington type guy-he is an allaround threat running inside, outside, Split in the slot, out wide, PR and KR.

hooshoops
03-21-2010, 12:51 PM
bryant, spiller, earl thomas at pick #12...any of the 3...that's what i've come to...

elite talent with any of the 3...

wait on olb til the 2nd round...

we could lose 3 running backs after this season and spiller is such a dynamite playmaker and talent that i'd be stoked with that pick...

earl thomas carried the weight well at the combine and looked good in drills...looks very good on tape...we need a ballhawk free safety...

Anvil35
03-21-2010, 01:09 PM
While I still believe we trade down, Ricky and Ronnie are old and routinely injured, respectively, while Cobbs and Hilliard are backups at best. This administration (Parcells) likes to take the best player available within their parameters at a position of need - I do believe that if Spiller is available, and their other "favorites" - Thomas, Morgan, Bryant, are gone - Spiller has a legit chance of wearing teal and orange!! I agree with this post...to say a zero chance is not understanding the trifecta and the nature of the league...

j-off-her-doll
03-21-2010, 01:11 PM
I've posted two mocks. The first had Spiller as our pick; the second had Thomas. If we can get something for Brown, Spiller would be a GREAT pick. If we can't, I'd still like the pick.

I don't know why R&R insists that Spiller is just another R. Bush - when tape, experts, and everything - except that they're both fast - suggests otherwise.

ticophin
03-21-2010, 01:53 PM
There is a high percentage chance that by the end of this comming season, RB might be our most pressing need...Now, not in many drafts do we have the chance to draft a stud like Spiller. So, if he is there, I wouldnt consider his selection to be a bad pick. More like an insuring investment towards the future. And would he be useless in 2010? In a backfield with so many options, the sky would be the limit... A Nightmare for any opposing D!!!

Roman529
03-21-2010, 02:01 PM
I am also thinking CJ Spiller could be our pick as Ricky, Ronnie and Cobb could all be free agents come 2011. We won't find a better RB then this later on or next year, and people who think Spiller is Reggie Bush, Jr., have clearly never seen Spiller play the game of football. We can always add a WR, NT, or LB later on, but you won't find a Spiller in round two or later.

ticophin
03-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Even our WRs and TEs would benefit inmensly from having Spiller in our backfield!!!

Clipse
03-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Reputable banks would reject that transaction. Spiller would provide what we lack big time- offensive explosion. Great RB and a great receiving RB, can probably slplit out wide effectively. Pure speed and tremendous quicks as well. Ricky playing beyond 2010 lessens the chance of taking Spiller a bit imo, but I would be far from disappointed if he were the pick. Dude is instant explosion and instant chunk yardage.
No, he will be another Reggie Bush. You want chunk yardage? Get Dez Bryant. Spiller will be average.

Clipse
03-21-2010, 03:33 PM
If you really think that. Of course when he's unable to run between the tackles in the NFL like he has in college vs. any good defense, you'll see that he's just another Reggie Bush who can't run. Will make a great KR/PR and receiver out of the backfield, but as a rusher? Won't happen. Face it, Spiller will not be a Dolphin.

Clipse
03-21-2010, 03:36 PM
bryant, spiller, earl thomas at pick #12...any of the 3...that's what i've come to...

elite talent with any of the 3...

wait on olb til the 2nd round...

we could lose 3 running backs after this season and spiller is such a dynamite playmaker and talent that i'd be stoked with that pick...

earl thomas carried the weight well at the combine and looked good in drills...looks very good on tape...we need a ballhawk free safety...
Spiller and Earl Thomas "elite talent"? :lol: I can see Dez Bryant, but Thomas and Spiller are not elite by no means.

houtz
03-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Spiller and Earl Thomas "elite talent"? :lol: I can see Dez Bryant, but Thomas and Spiller are not elite by no means.

How do you figure? Thomas would be "elite" if it weren't for the god like Eric Berry being in the draft. Thomas is definitely worth the #12 overall pick, as is Spiller.

I could be wrong but haven't there been several reports that Ireland is very high on Spiller. Think about it, we need a WR and next year we'll need a RB. Not only can Spiller run, catch, he can return kicks.

He's CJ v2.0

We need this man.

Clipse
03-21-2010, 03:51 PM
How do you figure? Thomas would be "elite" if it weren't for the god like Eric Berry being in the draft. Thomas is definitely worth the #12 overall pick, as is Spiller.

I could be wrong but haven't there been several reports that Ireland is very high on Spiller. Think about it, we need a WR and next year we'll need a RB. Not only can Spiller run, catch, he can return kicks.

He's CJ v2.0

We need this man.
No, Spiller isn't CJ 2.0 all at all. Not even close really. Just because he's fast does not make him Chris Johnson. Jahvid Best is much closer to CJ. And Earl Thomas is a good prospect, but #12 is most certainly a reach. Not exactly sure what he did to go from a 20-30 pick to worth the 12th pick since the college season ended. And this is coming from a huge fan of Thomas.

utahphinsfan
03-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Spiller @ #12 is possible given how Ricky, Ronnie, & Cobbs are all FA's after the next season... The only other offensive skill player @ #12 that would be okay w/ me is J. Gresham.

sinPHIN
03-21-2010, 04:24 PM
the more and more i think about it the more i want us to draft spiller. spillers explosion and quickness is second to none. im really hopeing he is the guy now

finfan54
03-21-2010, 04:44 PM

yeah, i dont see how spiller = bush. spillar is a solid emmitt smith to me.

yardlaw
03-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Spiller is a game breaker, we currently have exactly zero of these on offense right now. Would be a great pick IMO, plus take care of Ricky's impending FA, retirement, or next purple skunk incident

finfan54
03-21-2010, 04:46 PM

you may be right, i may be crazy, but it may just be a lunatic your looking for.

#1dolphinsfan
03-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Yeah i agree that is the type of player i see Spiller being in the NFL

skipp2myloo13
03-21-2010, 05:24 PM
R&R, i respect your opinion-you are reputable. But i would like an analysis. I dont like Spiller, or didnt like him. Being a football purist i feel that a good line should make Betty White run for a 1000 yard season. I watched a lot of Clemson's games and a lot of Spiller and really really liked what i saw. I dont think he is a need, more like an offense if used correctly-i dont trust our team to uses weapons effectively (goal line weapon-Wilford, WC weapon-Pat White) but i think that to clearly call him Reggie Bush is a little unwarranted-at least from what i saw. If you can point me to a game or footage to show me that he cant run inside-which i havent seen at all, would be much appreciated.
Secondly-i noticed you said you are a huge Earl Thomas fan-really-who isnt? Kid can play. Ball Hawk has his picture next to it in the dictionary. I dont know why you see him as such a reach-even though i never liked that word-some of the best players were reaches. I think that w/o Berry, Thomas would be a number 5-15 pick any given year. I have even seen (kirwan?) mocks that have him gone before us. I think his size knock is overplayed and kind of ignorant seeing how he is 2 inches and 4 lbs lighter than Berry and more instinctual in coverage. If you threw out value and only looked at player skill and need-what makes you not want Thomas at 12. Especially when you consider the surplus of NT and SOLb prospect available in the future.

hooshoops
03-21-2010, 07:05 PM

what's laughable to me is your evaluations of talent...only recently have you seem to come to your senses on how much of a top talent dez bryant is....i've been saying forever off my tape evals that dez bryant is a top 5 talent...you laughed at me then...

anybody who watches tape of cj spiller and comes away thinking that he is not an elite pro talent i put no stock in their opinion...it's laughable at best...spiller scored 52 collegiate tds 21 of which were of 50 yards or more...and you're telling me we can't use that kind of weapon on our offense??? please...

you're lame argument cant runbetween the tackles carries no weight either...you don't want to run cj spiller between the tackles 15 times per game...you want to get him out in space and off tackle and outside where he can create chunk yardage something this offense desperately needs...

he instantly has pro bowl upside and skills as a returner...will destroy lbs in coverage and in the flats...

this isn't an every year talent either...cj spillers don't come aound every year...there's no off field concerns whatsoever with this kid he even stayed in school an extra year when he could have easily been a first round pick and likely top 20 pick in last years draft...

give this kid 15-20 all purpose touches per game and get out of his way...ronnie and ricky who knows what or where they'll be past this year this pick make sense both for the present and the future...

he's got huge 10 inch hands which should make ball security not an issue...darn right i think he's an elite talent and he would look great in aqua and orange...

chunk yardage...this is the definition...

chewski
03-21-2010, 07:18 PM
I like this pick! I really think we will make a move for Atogwe with the rams in the near future andour NT and OLB will be taken between rds 2 and 5, WR can be had through out the draft but a home run guy like spiller will only be there at 12

Danny
03-21-2010, 07:44 PM
not going to say Spiller is worth taking at 12 or not but I'm starting to believe that if we actually go offence at 12 it'd be Bryant that we go after.It seems like very good to great RB's are on every draft these days. A guy like Bryant is harder to find imo and when you think about it, RB's have been a little easier for us to get....as pointed here we have 2 stud RB's and a couple of young ones too(Sheets-Hiliard)that have shown some flashes but when was the last time we had a real #1 stud WR?....sorry but if it was up to me and both of them are there I'm taking the kind of player we haven't have since the early 90's which is a stud #1 WR.

Ozzy rules!!

Clipse
03-21-2010, 10:58 PM
R&R, i respect your opinion-you are reputable. But i would like an analysis. I dont like Spiller, or didnt like him. Being a football purist i feel that a good line should make Betty White run for a 1000 yard season. I watched a lot of Clemson's games and a lot of Spiller and really really liked what i saw. I dont think he is a need, more like an offense if used correctly-i dont trust our team to uses weapons effectively (goal line weapon-Wilford, WC weapon-Pat White) but i think that to clearly call him Reggie Bush is a little unwarranted-at least from what i saw. If you can point me to a game or footage to show me that he cant run inside-which i havent seen at all, would be much appreciated.
Secondly-i noticed you said you are a huge Earl Thomas fan-really-who isnt? Kid can play. Ball Hawk has his picture next to it in the dictionary. I dont know why you see him as such a reach-even though i never liked that word-some of the best players were reaches. I think that w/o Berry, Thomas would be a number 5-15 pick any given year. I have even seen (kirwan?) mocks that have him gone before us. I think his size knock is overplayed and kind of ignorant seeing how he is 2 inches and 4 lbs lighter than Berry and more instinctual in coverage. If you threw out value and only looked at player skill and need-what makes you not want Thomas at 12. Especially when you consider the surplus of NT and SOLb prospect available in the future.
Safety's aren't usually a high pick. Berry will be an exception because he's the best DB prospect to come out in years. Earl Thomas is a very solid 15-20 pick but think 12 is a bit of a reach. As for Spiller, he can run inside against the bad defenses, but struggles doing so against the good ones. Until I see him out there against NFL defenses to make a real decision, he's just another overhyped scat back to me.

Dolphin39
03-21-2010, 11:04 PM
How about Ryan Matthews instead of Spiller?

Clipse
03-21-2010, 11:10 PM
what's laughable to me is your evaluations of talent...only recently have you seem to come to your senses on how much of a top talent dez bryant is....i've been saying forever off my tape evals that dez bryant is a top 5 talent...you laughed at me then...

anybody who watches tape of cj spiller and comes away thinking that he is not an elite pro talent i put no stock in their opinion...it's laughable at best...spiller scored 52 collegiate tds 21 of which were of 50 yards or more...and you're telling me we can't use that kind of weapon on our offense??? please...

you're lame argument cant runbetween the tackles carries no weight either...you don't want to run cj spiller between the tackles 15 times per game...you want to get him out in space and off tackle and outside where he can create chunk yardage something this offense desperately needs...

he instantly has pro bowl upside and skills as a returner...will destroy lbs in coverage and in the flats...

this isn't an every year talent either...cj spillers don't come aound every year...there's no off field concerns whatsoever with this kid he even stayed in school an extra year when he could have easily been a first round pick and likely top 20 pick in last years draft...

give this kid 15-20 all purpose touches per game and get out of his way...ronnie and ricky who knows what or where they'll be past this year this pick make sense both for the present and the future...

he's got huge 10 inch hands which should make ball security not an issue...darn right i think he's an elite talent and he would look great in aqua and orange...

chunk yardage...this is the definition...
Right. Only recently I've come to the realization... only that I never said he wasn't. Me thinks your reading comprehension isn't too good as the only thing I said about Bryant is he isn't as good as A.J. Green, Jonathan Baldwin, Julio Jones, and possibly Michael Floyd, and he I still say he isn't. And I still wouldn't touch him with the 12th pick.

I don't care how many TD's Spiller scored. Guess what it means? Nothing. Reggie Bush scored a whopping 35 all purpose TD's in only two years... Guess what he is now? Average. But I'm sure you thought Bush was an elite talent too. My argument against him not being able to run between the tackles carries no weight? You do realize we're talking about the NFL right? Having only the ability to run to the outside does not work in the NFL.

CJ. Spiller isn't and will never be a full time back. He'll be another Reggie Bush role player. He'll be a great role player though. But I'm not taking a role player with the 12th pick.

Clipse
03-21-2010, 11:11 PM
not going to say Spiller is worth taking at 12 or not but I'm starting to believe that if we actually go offence at 12 it'd be Bryant that we go after.It seems like very good to great RB's are on every draft these days. A guy like Bryant is harder to find imo and when you think about it, RB's have been a little easier for us to get....as pointed here we have 2 stud RB's and a couple of young ones too(Sheets-Hiliard)that have shown some flashes but when was the last time we had a real #1 stud WR?....sorry but if it was up to me and both of them are there I'm taking the kind of player we haven't have since the early 90's which is a stud #1 WR.

Ozzy rules!!
Rb's are a dime a dozen.

jlfin
03-22-2010, 07:37 AM

Correct. Spiller is a more instinctive runner. Bush played for a very dominant team and was rarely touched until he was past the line of scrimmage.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Right. Only recently I've come to the realization... only that I never said he wasn't. Me thinks your reading comprehension isn't too good as the only thing I said about Bryant is he isn't as good as A.J. Green, Jonathan Baldwin, Julio Jones, and possibly Michael Floyd, and he I still say he isn't. And I still wouldn't touch him with the 12th pick.

I don't care how many TD's Spiller scored. Guess what it means? Nothing. Reggie Bush scored a whopping 35 all purpose TD's in only two years... Guess what he is now? Average. But I'm sure you thought Bush was an elite talent too. My argument against him not being able to run between the tackles carries no weight? You do realize we're talking about the NFL right? Having only the ability to run to the outside does not work in the NFL.

CJ. Spiller isn't and will never be a full time back. He'll be another Reggie Bush role player. He'll be a great role player though. But I'm not taking a role player with the 12th pick.

Yeah, you're right. And Spiller had the great Clemson OL to block for him, with all the other great Clemson offensive threats while poor Reggie only had that crappy USC line, with no other threats. Defenses were keying on Reggie. :err:

jim1
03-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Rb's are a dime a dozen.

Just out of curiosity, in "R&R Express" what does "R&R" stand for?

Chubby
03-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Ronnie & Ricky?

Aqua and Orange
03-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Spiller at 12 is not a stretch at all. Ricky is old and Ronnie is injured, two traits that are paramount for this regime to dump.

If they can land the #1 RB in the draft as late as 12, it could mean tremendous value.

Clipse
03-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Ricky and Ronnie.

Namor
03-22-2010, 01:46 PM

That great 80's wrestling team of Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson,
The Rock "N Roll Express......LOL

jim1
03-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Ricky and Ronnie.

My point is that it's kind of funny that you have that in your avatar considering you said this in post #35:

"Rb's are a dime a dozen."

milldog
03-22-2010, 02:15 PM
My point is that it's kind of funny that you have that in your avatar considering you said this in post #35:

As if Ricky, Ronnie, Reggie Bush, and C.J. Spiller are a dime a dozen, huh? :d-day: I guess you could say RB's are a dime a dozen....just not good ones! And if that's the case, then why would you want their name? Very interesting!

Clipse
03-22-2010, 03:17 PM

I see. They are. You can find 1000 yard rushers anywhere nowadays. Not to mention when you have a line as good as ours is, anyone can run behind it. R&R Express was a popular nickname in those days and I took it for a name as I thought it was pretty good.

jim1
03-22-2010, 03:20 PM
I see. They are. You can find 1000 yard rushers anywhere nowadays. Not to mention when you have a line as good as ours is, anyone can run behind it. R&R Express was a popular nickname in those days and I took it for a name as I thought it was pretty good.

Fair enough, we all have our own opinions as to the values of different players and positions- it would be far less interesting if we didn't.

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 03:20 PM
most downhill rbs who lack wiggle are a dime a dozen...the lex hilliards of the world...but not rbs who can do things that cj spiller can...

that's rare...

Clipse
03-22-2010, 03:25 PM
most downhill rbs who lack wiggle are a dime a dozen...the lex hilliards of the world...but not rbs who can do things that cj spiller can...

that's rare...
What's rare? Catching passes out of the backfield and returning kicks while not being able to run between the tackles? No, I'm pretty sure fast scat backs like him are quite common.

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 03:27 PM
dude...you're a joke...

respond to other peoples stuff...i've got no time for you

Clipse
03-22-2010, 03:28 PM
dude...you're a joke...

respond to other peoples stuff...i've got no time for you
I'm a joke. Nice one. Sorry you can't hack the truth. You could do us all a favor and add me to your ignore list as well if you can't handle someone with a differing opinion than yours. I do prefer to debate with more open minded individuals.

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 03:29 PM
yeah that's right...cj spiller is a dime a dozen...lol

JOKE

Clipse
03-22-2010, 03:31 PM

JOKE
We'll see. Just make sure to eat some crew when Spiller proves that he was highly overvalued on this board.

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 03:34 PM
We'll see. Just make sure to eat some crew when Spiller proves that he was highly overvalued on this board.

overvalued on nfl team boards too i guess... :rolleyes2:

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 03:35 PM
alright...i'm done with this...

just debate elsewhere...i've figured you out...i'm done conversating with you...

Clipse
03-22-2010, 03:37 PM
overvalued on nfl team boards too i guess... :rolleyes2:
Sorry, didn't realize you worked for an NFL team and know what their boards looked like. Looks like I vastly underestimated you.

Clipse
03-22-2010, 03:38 PM
alright...i'm done with this...

just debate elsewhere...i've figured you out...i'm done conversating with you...
Like I said. Add me to your ignore if you can't handle someone with a different opinion than your own. If you can't see a high bust potential in C.J. Spiller, then perhaps I'm the one who should stop responding to you...

milldog
03-22-2010, 03:39 PM

JOKE

Dude, some people just don't get it. Saying CJ is a dime a dozen is kinda like saying Reggie is, which I'm sure is how he feels, which is crazy talk. Some people understand football, some don't, no biggie!

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 03:40 PM
every and i mean every draft publication or prognosticator piece of work that i've read has said that cj spiller is a lock top 15 pick...

if you find something different you let me know...

i guess top 15 picks are a dime a dozen...:lol:

and reggie bush even though i don't see spillers pro career playing out quite that way is no scrub...lol

ted ginn is a scrub...

Aqua and Orange
03-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Ah the age old debate over whether RBs are worth a first rounder. I'll throw my hat into the debate with three points:

Adrian Peterson
Building an entire offensive scheme around Ronnie Brown's talents
Chris Johnson

Yeah, I'd say that the folks in the NFL would disagree that RBs are a dime a dozen. All three of those folks were first rounders and I doubt those franchises regret their picks.

Clipse
03-22-2010, 03:46 PM
every and i mean every draft publication or prognosticator piece of work that i've read has said that cj spiller is a lock top 15 pick...

if you find something different you let me know...

i guess top 15 picks are a dime a dozen...:lol:

and reggie bush even though i don't see spillers pro career playing out quite that way is no scrub...lol

ted ginn is a scrub...
That means what again? Oh that's right, absolutely nothing. There are many players high on team's boards every single year that don't pan out. Spiller is a top 20 pick. Good for him. Doesn't mean he's going to be great. Reggie Bush isn't a scrub. Just like Spiller won't be a scrub. But he damn sure won't be a full time RB, and damn sure won't be the next Chris Johnson like some on this board try to paint him as.

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 03:47 PM
mike mayock said that after spillers pro day workout in the rain he was getting calls left and right from scouts etc saying that this is "the real deal"

that guys left wowed by his workout...even in the rain...wowed 'em...

i'm sorry but that's nfl scouts saying that he's not a dime a dozen player...as if the tape couldn't have told you that to begin with...

Clipse
03-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Ah the age old debate over whether RBs are worth a first rounder. I'll throw my hat into the debate with three points:

Adrian Peterson
Building an entire offensive scheme around Ronnie Brown's talents
Chris Johnson

Yeah, I'd say that the folks in the NFL would disagree that RBs are a dime a dozen. All three of those folks were first rounders and I doubt those franchises regret their picks.
Will there be great RB's? Obviously. But RB's are as easily replaceable as any position in the NFL, especially when you have a great O-Line. Spiller is not this can't miss, all world prospect some people on this board try to make him.

Clipse
03-22-2010, 03:52 PM
mike mayock said that after spillers pro day workout in the rain he was getting calls left and right from scouts etc saying that this is "the real deal"

that guys left wowed by his workout...even in the rain...wowed 'em...

i'm sorry but that's nfl scouts saying that he's not a dime a dozen player...as if the tape couldn't have told you that to begin with...
Again, your point is? Scouts think this and think that all the time. Doesn't mean they're right now does it? We'll just have to wait until he sees an NFL field because you, nor I have any clue on what he'll become.

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 03:53 PM
That means what again? Oh that's right, absolutely nothing. There are many players high on team's boards every single year that don't pan out. Spiller is a top 20 pick. Good for him. Doesn't mean he's going to be great. Reggie Bush isn't a scrub. Just like Spiller won't be a scrub. But he damn sure won't be a full time player, and damn sure won't be the next Chris Johnson like some on this board try to paint him as.

chris johnson won't last long if the titans keep running him between the tackles and giving him 350 carries...that's suicide for a guy that size...

but chris johnson can and will continue to do damage major damage if he has someone to handle some of the heavy lifting as far as carries are concerned...

cj spiller isn't a guy you give 20 carries to per game between the tackles...how many times i got to say it...

you give that guy 15-20 all purpose touches and let him light up nfl defenses with his speed vision acceleration cutback ability and plus hands...my god this is chunk yards all the way...

guys gonna do major damage in the pros...if he stays healthy...

ronnie may have gotten a dui seems to be conflicting reports there he's almost 29 gonna be a free agent next year father time is catching up with ricky williams soon...lex hilliard is a run of the mill plugger...

go get lightning in a bottle...

Clipse
03-22-2010, 03:58 PM
chris johnson won't last long if the titans keep running him between the tackles and giving him 350 carries...that's suicide for a guy that size...

but chris johnson can and will continue to do damage major damage if he has someone to handle some of the heavy lifting as far as carries are concerned...

cj spiller isn't a guy you give 20 carries to per game between the tackles...how many times i got to say it...

you give that guy 15-20 all purpose touches and let him light up nfl defenses with his speed vision acceleration cutback ability and plus hands...my god this is chunk yards all the way...

guys gonna do major damage in the pros...if he stays healthy...

ronnie may have gotten a dui seems to be conflicting reports there he's almost 29 gonna be a free agent next year father time is catching up with ricky williams soon...lex hilliard is a run of the mill plugger...

go get lightning in a bottle...
That's the problem. With the 12th pick, I want a full time player, not a role player. To each his own though.

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 04:01 PM
That's the problem. With the 12th pick, I want a full time player, not a role player. To each his own though.

well i want a playmaker..something we sorely need both on offense and defense...

cj spiller is a playmaker...

Clipse
03-22-2010, 04:06 PM
well i want a playmaker..something we sorely need both on offense and defense...

Perhaps so. At least you recognize that. What gets me is people thinking he can come in and be a full time RB, and that drafting Spiller means we need to get rid of Ronnie/Ricky, which is just ridiculous. I would much, much rather have Dez Bryant at #12, who's both a full time player, and can get that chunk yardage you seek. Though I want to see our biggest problem, defense addressed in the 1st round, which is the main reason to my opposition to Spiller, and to a lesser extent Bryant in the 1st place.

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 04:12 PM
i shouldn't have said what i did earlier...i took it too far...my bad

we can just agree to disagree...

Clipse
03-22-2010, 04:15 PM
i shouldn't have said what i did earlier...i took it too far...my bad

we can just agree to disagree...
Agree to disagree we will then.

Like I said, not saying Spiller will be a bust, but don't think he's going to be this special player some people are making him out to be. Dangerous playmaker? Yes. Full time player? I don't think so.

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 04:31 PM
just for the record i guess...i never said full time player

i said combo player with a big back...

ckparrothead
03-22-2010, 04:46 PM
If a nose tackle can be worth a #12 overall pick, then a running back like Spiller can be worth the #12 overall pick.

Neither is a "full time player" from a snap count perspective.

But they both sure as hell have the ability to change games.

JT-forpresident
03-22-2010, 04:54 PM

meeeehhh ...

i'd rather have a full time starter who fills a major need, an OLB, and who is exactly the type of player we want, a Brandon Graham...

if I want a playmaker i'll look in later rounds for a McCluster, a Jahvid Best, Joe McKnight, etc.

I understand Spiller has more talent and has that special something you look for in elite prospects, but him not being a feature back is a concern for me at #12 ... then again, Jeff could think otherwise, he likes backfields by commitee, Brown just got busted, Williams is soon to be done, Cobbs' knee is a big question-mark, and we all know how the dolphins are desperate for a big-chunk-yard type of player...so when i put all that into perspective, i wouldn't be too surprised to see him in a dolphins uniform

ckparrothead
03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Who in this draft or any other draft is a featured back? Adrian effing Peterson isn't even a featured back.

JT-forpresident
03-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Who in this draft or any other draft is a featured back? Adrian effing Peterson isn't even a featured back.

good point

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 05:01 PM
that's it jt...i'm not voting for you :lol:

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 05:05 PM
well...for my money there's 5 bonafide elite talents in this draft...suh, mccoy, berry, bryant, and spiller...

we are so devoid of talent at the skills positions its not funny...yes we need an olb yes we need a free safety yes we need a te etc...

but i'm going with the elite talent if it's on the board...

just about every olb doesn't have ideal size...the other top free safety is slightly undersized...slightly

the nose tackle prospects none are can't miss...

ckparrothead
03-22-2010, 05:08 PM
well...for my money there's 5 bonafide elite talents in this draft...suh, mccoy, berry, bryant, and spiller...

we are so devoid of talent at the skills positions its not funny...yes we need an olb yes we need a free safety yes we need a te etc...

just about every olb doesn't have ideal size...the other top free safety is slightly undersized...slightly

Exactly. Those are the five prospects that for me carry next to no football risk. It's been the same way for me since December. Maybe even November.

And when you take a guy that ends up a very good player you're almost never going to be sorry you did that. But when you take a guy that ends up poor or just mediocre? Devastating.

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 05:13 PM
what i basically did was i stopped trying to fill a must have need and just said let me put all these players in a bowl and just evaluate them for the talent they present...thus i came up with my top 5...

spiller is breathtaking on tape...he really is...i don't want to pass that up...

the heck with trying to plug an olb that i don't have as talented as another player just cause we "got to have it"

i love earl thomas and all but is he more talented than the 5 players i have listed??? i don't think so

miami71
03-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Spiller is special! I for one am glad he will not be at Clemson next year. He made me worry every time he touched the ball. If we pass on him at 12 we will soon regret that decision! IMO

JT-forpresident
03-22-2010, 05:14 PM

I agree...

the other major factor weighing in is this team's philosophy...

for instance, the colts have peyton manning and they spend a countless ammount of draft picks and money to surround him with talent...

what's the dolphins' philosophy is a question that remains to be answered IMO ...

but when i look at the big picture, they've been trying to give him some players, they built him a good Oline, etc. ... and now i see Mike Nolan coming in as DC, the miracle worker who accomplished a lot with a tiddy bit of talent in denver ...

so if you know Nolan can work things out and make your defence good without investing too much in it, why not use your ammunitions to load up Henne ?

:ponder:

if i look at it that way, again, Spiller wouldn't be a surprise pick

ckparrothead
03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Those five have been my "can't pass" guys for a long time but the thing is if we do nothing with Ronnie Brown in the off season then I also see no way to take C.J. Spiller. I don't want to pass on him either. I'd try and trade Brown. But if I'm not finding the right opportunity I might pass. Spiller is not Adrian Peterson. Peterson was the guy you don't pass on regardless of who you have.

hooshoops
03-22-2010, 05:22 PM
i don't know ck...no telling what or where ronnie brown will be next year...i'd try to trade him but if i can't i'd probably still take spiller...and get him on the field as much as i can...however i can...

then after this coming season you've got yourself a next decade type team cornerstone playmaker at rb...when you likely lose ronnie anyways or maybe ricky...or both

maybe see if someone wants to pony up a late pick for hilliard...who knows...

i'm still taking spiller...rolling with the talent

ckparrothead
03-22-2010, 05:29 PM
He carries very little football risk for me and he's a good talent but that stable is pretty full and Miami really needs pieces elsewhere. I hate passing up known superior talent but with Ronnie and Ricky in the stables already it's hard for me to take Spiller unless I know I'm trading one. We can't afford to take a guy at #12 that only sees the field occasionally.

2413fanphins
03-22-2010, 05:40 PM
I tend to agree with CK... if we have brown and ricky and hilliard, than I guess we have to determine how high spiller falls into the five can't miss prospects.

higher than dez bryant?? for me, probably not, given we have a full stable.

higher than eric berry??? tricky one. so tricky in fact that I haven't decided yet.

phintim
03-22-2010, 05:51 PM
He carries very little football risk for me and he's a good talent but that stable is pretty full and Miami really needs pieces elsewhere. I hate passing up known superior talent but with Ronnie and Ricky in the stables already it's hard for me to take Spiller unless I know I'm trading one. We can't afford to take a guy at #12 that only sees the field occasionally.

With Ricky about to retire and Ronnie injury prone I would have to pull that trigger. Ronnie works well but only in a 2 back system if he is not over used. Cobbs would have to go unfortunatly unless we trade Brown which is what you kinda of suggested but probably a 2nd rounder is all he would fetch. But Brown is a big talent to this team IMO. Runs and catches very well when healthy and can do the wild cat thing. Of course take him and trade back for one of the less talented linebackers and grab another pick from a team that covets Spiller. There has to be a couple out there. We may have a diamond perhaps with Hillard and the 2 rookies we picked up last year. I am looking forward to seeing them in preseason.

MARSHALLAW305
03-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Good Post And It Sounds Like Fun No Problems Here With That Especially With The Newest On Ronnie

Anvil35
03-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Hey Hoopshoops - Dont apologize to someone that obviously hasnt watched the vid on this talent! On all boards he is even projected as a top 10 pick!! I have read that the hawks and the browns are looking at him. CKParrots had it right no one is a feature back anymore!! Spiller fits the mold of everything the Trifecta loves - so I say grab him, **** Bryant and his "divaness" - and run the F^%$&#G wishbone with this young stud!!

Obviously, the Ron Paul knucklehead beats his vienna sausage over Bryant like he is a supermodel - Go watch some video fool!!!

Clipse
03-23-2010, 06:39 AM
Hey Hoopshoops - Dont apologize to someone that obviously hasnt watched the vid on this talent! On all boards he is even projected as a top 10 pick!! I have read that the hawks and the browns are looking at him. CKParrots had it right no one is a feature back anymore!! Spiller fits the mold of everything the Trifecta loves - so I say grab him, **** Bryant and his "divaness" - and run the F^%$&#G wishbone with this young stud!!

Obviously, the Ron Paul knucklehead beats his vienna sausage over Bryant like he is a supermodel - Go watch some video fool!!!
:rolleyes2: You sir, are an idiot. I'm not sure if you're saying I love Dez Bryant? Can't really tell what you're trying to say there... but I think anybody on this board can tell you I am not a fan of Bryant. Continue on though, you amuse me.

MARSHALLAW305
03-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Think about how succesful we were with ricky coming off the edge on third downs or maybe faking into the fly pattern for a pass . These are all things spiller can not only do welll but u can add the inside run and screen passes .. The point remains he fits our system better than ricky does period. All this talk that he is overated could be true with another team but not on this one.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Perhaps so. At least you recognize that. What gets me is people thinking he can come in and be a full time RB, and that drafting Spiller means we need to get rid of Ronnie/Ricky, which is just ridiculous. I would much, much rather have Dez Bryant at #12, who's both a full time player, and can get that chunk yardage you seek. Though I want to see our biggest problem, defense addressed in the 1st round, which is the main reason to my opposition to Spiller, and to a lesser extent Bryant in the 1st place.

Ronnie is going his own way after this season, get your head out of the sand. Ricky- well who knows how long he cares to play? So Spiller isn't an every down RB in the NFL. How many RBs can say that in today's NFL? H3ll, even Csonka had Kiick and Morris. Spiller plus a bruiser (Hilliard) will do just fine. How do you reconcile the fact that 1 in 5 KOs to Spiller went for TDs this year? No other player in the history of NCAA football can boast a stat anywhere near that. Imagine a better Devin Hester returning kicks that can also play RB and catch the ball out of the backfield. You will eat SOOO MUCH crow on this my friend. Just don't whine when every post you make is replied with...'remember what you thought about Spiller before the draft...'. I don't know if Spiller will be there, but if he is they'd be foolish NOT to take him.