PDA

View Full Version : kyle williams wr

hooshoops
03-21-2010, 12:43 PM
i'm watching the wrs combine workout again and this kid is really catching my eye...runs pretty good routes seems to have some burst and explosion and i like what i see in and out of his cuts...how's he look on tape???

looks a little small...where does he project as a pro??? slot???

late round sleeper

ckparrothead
03-21-2010, 12:53 PM
He played the slot a lot at Arizona State and was basically the #3 WR on all of the games I watched of him. He's feisty and physical but he's also prone to wearing down as the game goes on, losing concentration and then his speed doesn't come off. He also caught my attention at the Combine and he's bigger than I thought. He's also a former high recruit and I love to look at guys that were recruited highly and have a lot of ability but maybe things didn't go the way they thought they would for a little bit in college.

One reason I really like both he and Jacoby Ford is with that speed when the QB breaks the pocket if they just turn up and go, it's hard to keep up with them. You see that with Kyle Williams.

If you put either Kyle Williams or Jacoby Ford in the slot, the defense can't afford to put a linebacker on them. It's too risky. That should give you some options with your tight end if you have a good mismatch guy. That's one reason why I believe that if you miss out on Dez Bryant and then you can't pick up an Arrelious Benn, Demaryius Thomas or Golden Tate at #43, one of the more valid consolation prizes I see would be to grab a Jacoby Ford or Kyle Williams, and also a Dorin Dickerson. I think you can find ways to make that work schematically.

hooshoops
03-21-2010, 12:56 PM
to me kyle williams gears down faster than jacoby ford...what about andre roberts also??? i like him too...

slot there as well???

ckparrothead
03-21-2010, 05:20 PM
Draft is full of slot WRs.

Ricky4Life
03-21-2010, 08:09 PM
I would love this kid in the slot for us. He would be a serious weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HzSB804F_Q