PDA

View Full Version : We Are Fools if We Allow DEZ BRYANT to Slip Through Our Fingers at #12

South Florida
03-21-2010, 01:27 PM
What is our goal? To win. What would help? Scoring a ton of points. How do we do that? Get a stud runningback? No, we have two. Get a stud Quarterback? No, we have a kid with a rocket who needs some help. So do we get a stud receiver? Yes. Who? BRANDON MARSHALL? Doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. T.O.? Doesn't seem like it. Who's the next best available receiver? DEZ BRYANT at #12. Done. This guy is a top 2 or 3 pick if he's really nice and got straight As and never lied.

We should thank the heavens. And I hope our silence with regard to the guy means just that.

DEZ BRYANT Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ5uPJGwscU)

ROADRUNNER
03-21-2010, 01:31 PM
no thanks............defence all the way.

Cloudy
03-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Dolphins had no problems scoring last season. I would be perfectly okay if we obtained either Dez Bryant , Eric Berry or CJ Spiller. Any of those players have me sold.

South Florida
03-21-2010, 02:14 PM
This is also very good, assuming BRYANT is gone.

Demaryius "Bay-Bay" Thomas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMK59U6nCuw)

Roman529
03-21-2010, 02:15 PM
What is our goal? To win. What would help? Scoring a ton of points. How do we do that? Get a stud runningback? No, we have two.

OK... so what happens in 2011 when Ronnie Brown, Ricky, and Cobbs are all free agents? We can always pick up a very good WR, but it's harder finding a guy like CJ Spiller. DeMaryius Thomas could be there in Round 2, if not him then you probably have Benn or Gilyard. I know Dez Bryant looks great on film but I think Parcells would take a quality RB or LB before he grabs a WR. :up:

South Florida
03-21-2010, 02:20 PM
I won't be upset if we take SPILLER.

Other than that, tho, if we don't get one of those 2 DTs or BERRY, I say pull the trigger on BRYANT. SPILLER wouldn't make me sad. Neither would trading down a little to pick up MAYS or EARL THOMAS.

Actually, if I am a GM and I don't have to worry about getting fired and I'm scared of long term depth at running back I make TOBY GERHART my pick. I'm afraid the Pats will draft him.

Roman529
03-21-2010, 02:25 PM
I won't be upset if we take SPILLER.

Other than that, tho, if we don't get one of those 2 DTs or BERRY, I say pull the trigger on BRYANT. SPILLER wouldn't make me sad. Neither would trading down a little to pick up MAYS or EARL THOMAS.

Actually, if I am a GM and I don't have to worry about getting fired and I'm scared of long term depth at running back I make TOBY GERHART my pick. I'm afraid the Pats will draft him.

I doubt Spiller and Bryant will both be available at the #12 pick, so if we go offense it has to be one of these guys. I have heard the Seahawks may take Spiller, and the Broncos could take Bryant if Marshall gets dealt but I think Denver will keep Marshall. If Spiller and Bryant are gone we have to take the best OLB or SS left on the board, or trade down.

SnakeoilSeller
03-21-2010, 02:31 PM
I am starting to feel the same way about Dez. The last time I remember this much debate about a player was Randy Moss. This "we can always pick up a #1 WR is Bull ****." If it is so easy, who was our last #1 WR? There are plenty of RB's, that you can get through out the draft, thare are not plenty of #1 Wr's. If we are not going to get Brandon Marshall, then I say get Bryant.

Spesh
03-21-2010, 02:33 PM
OK... so what happens in 2011 when Ronnie Brown, Ricky, and Cobbs are all free agents? We can always pick up a very good WR, but it's harder finding a guy like CJ Spiller. DeMaryius Thomas could be there in Round 2, if not him then you probably have Benn or Gilyard. I know Dez Bryant looks great on film but I think Parcells would take a quality RB or LB before he grabs a WR. :up:

I think you have it a bit backwards. We could simply re-sign/tag our pro-bowl running backs, and the biggest problem we've had in landing a top flight wide out is there are none. +6-2 wide outs that can run a 4.40 40 while outleaping opposing players simply do not grow on trees, hence why everyone was so hot and heavy about Brandon Marshall.
Meanwhile, its becoming a yearly event that teams land pro quality running backs in later rounds. Not to mention how wide outs might take a year or two to develop, while rookie backs can contribute right away: hence if we get that hard up next year with people leaving, i have faith we could find a solid guy in the draft.

Personally, im not sold on Dez Bryant(talent i am, but ive heard hes lazy, which will get him in the dog house on this team), nor am i endorsing we draft him at 12. Think im one of the few that still wants a stud nose tackle and dont believe any will really be available for our second round pick.
I get it, flash is fun and cool, but i would be annoyed as all get out if we burn a HIGH draft pick on a position we are already strong at while we have so many glaring holes.

Roman529
03-21-2010, 03:55 PM
I get it, flash is fun and cool, but i would be annoyed as all get out if we burn a HIGH draft pick on a position we are already strong at while we have so many glaring holes.

IF Ronnie Brown was not an injury concern every year and Ricky were 25 years old then I would agree with you, but the bottom line is our backs have a lot of mileage on the tires and injury concerns, so resigning them in 2010 or 2011 is probably not a smart thing.

Spiller would give us a go to guy for 2010 and beyond. Yes we are still going to need defensive players and a WR, but I think they are easier to come by then a top back. There is a big difference between Adrian Peterson/Chris Johnson backs and everyone else. I think Spiller can be the next Chris Johnson. :woot:

finfan54
03-21-2010, 04:42 PM
He has to get to our fingers first. I am not sure how or why people think he will. Just because the media said so?

If you yourself doubt that he has probs, then why wouldnt the buffalo bills or denver or whoever else wants a top flight WR?

I am coming around to the possibility that Bryant would upgrade our WR spot tremendously, but what good would that do if the Saints, Pats, Jets, Colts, ect ect. ect. put up 30+ points?

Its real simple, you have a board set, and if a guy you have graded higher than anyone else is in your lap, you take them.

I think NT or OLB could be taken care of in rounds 2 or 3. But the top Safeties are there with Bryant and we may have Spillar rated higher than any of these people we deem we will get.

Kdawg954
03-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Personally, I really want Eric Berry or Earl Thomas, but with Berry likely gone, if Dez is sitting there at 12, he would be IMPOSSIBLE to pass up. #1 WR is a GLARING need on this team, and Dez has #1 WR talent. I rather wait until next year to give our young guys ONE MORE year before dipping into that deep 2011 WR class . . . but Bryant at 12 would be a steal if his head is on straight.

outlawd2u
03-21-2010, 05:15 PM
My preference in order is.... Eric Berry, Dez Bryant, Earl Thomas. I'd be absolutely ecstatic with any of those three but also wouldn't be sad in the slightest if they took Brandon Graham or CJ Spiller either. I could also live with some of the other OLB's not named Pierre-Paul, but the one pick I would Hate is Dan Williams.

#1dolphinsfan
03-21-2010, 05:17 PM
If we passed on bryant for someone like Graham or Griffen i would be pissed the only player i would take ahead of Bryant is Berry

thejetssuck
03-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Dolphins had no problems scoring last season. I would be perfectly okay if we obtained either Dez Bryant , Eric Berry or CJ Spiller. Any of those players have me sold.

That WAS true......up until the point teams figured out Ted Ginn couldn't catch a cold let alone a deep pass. At that point, the field shrunk to about 10 yards for opposing defenses. We get a deep threat again, don't worry, this team WILL be putting up 30 plus a game like they were doing before. Dez Bryant all the way for me baby!!:woot:

footsteps falco
03-21-2010, 07:41 PM
IF Ronnie Brown was not an injury concern every year and Ricky were 25 years old then I would agree with you, but the bottom line is our backs have a lot of mileage on the tires and injury concerns, so resigning them in 2010 or 2011 is probably not a smart thing.

Spiller would give us a go to guy for 2010 and beyond. Yes we are still going to need defensive players and a WR, but I think they are easier to come by then a top back. There is a big difference between Adrian Peterson/Chris Johnson backs and everyone else. I think Spiller can be the next Chris Johnson. :woot:

i think there a ton of later round RBs including toby gerhart, ben tate, montario hardesty, james starks, joe mcknight, ryan mathews, legarette blount, jahvid best, joique Bell, and ugh i dont even wannna say it but ... dexter mccluster.

imho we do need to address the runningback position but i think its something you can do in 3rd or 4th round.

i think i would take WR and NT in the first two rounds. which order i dont know. i believe its really possible for dez bryant, damion williams, demaryus thomas, arrelious benn, and goldent tate to all be gone by our round 2 pick.

i think cam thomas and mount cody could also be gone, so maybe you do take a NT with the first pick. i dont think you can rely on those 3rd 4rth round NT's like linval joseph and torrel troup, but i am no expert.

gotta believe that with the micah johnsons and A.J Edds and all the other linebackers and de/olb hybrids we can find 1 or 2 later on.

safety as well.

gotta say maybe you go WR first round, safety 2nd round, RB 3rd round, NT 4th round, linebackers/corner backs/BPA's with the last picks

Danny
03-21-2010, 07:58 PM
2 things about that video, first thing is he has talent and we should take him at 12 if he's there.....having said that 2 of the TD's he had on that video would NOT have been TD's in the NFL as he only had one foot inbound.....the 2nd thing is the music on that vidoe sucks just like any rap or hip hop song does......metal is real music.I actually turned the sound off so I could watch the video.One last thing, how can any Dolphins fan want us to draft a RB over a real #1 WR? We have 2 probowls types of RB's right now and the draft seems to produce great RB's every year anyway......but when was the last time we had a real #1 WR?......back in the early 90's would be the answer to that question.

Ozzy rules!!

DcRy82
03-21-2010, 09:09 PM
2 things about that video, first thing is he has talent and we should take him at 12 if he's there.....having said that 2 of the TD's he had on that video would NOT have been TD's in the NFL as he only had one foot inbound.....the 2nd thing is the music on that vidoe sucks just like any rap or hip hop song does......metal is real music.I actually turned the sound off so I could watch the video.One last thing, how can any Dolphins fan want us to draft a RB over a real #1 WR? We have 2 probowls types of RB's right now and the draft seems to produce great RB's every year anyway......but when was the last time we had a real #1 WR?......back in the early 90's would be the answer to that question.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree with what you say about taking Bryant.
However, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.. Get over it.

Edit: LOL, but that particular rap song is TERRIBLE...

houtz
03-21-2010, 09:22 PM
If we pass on Bryant we should all revolt. It would be an absolute heart breaker.

Kdawg954
03-21-2010, 09:31 PM
If we pass on Bryant we should all revolt. It would be an absolute heart breaker.

I mean I wouldn't take it that far, even if Bryant becomes a top 10 WR, what if we skip him for Eric Berry? What if CJ Spiller is OUR Chris Johnson? What if Brandon Graham becomes a consistent Pro Bowler year in and year out?

The guy does have a few issues, definitely some higher character guys available at positions we also need.

Like I said in another thread, I think a team (not us) is gonna fall in love with Dez, and is gonna give up their 2010 and 2011 first round draft picks to get him.

Miami needs to make that trade.

tical
03-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Sad to say i've never seen the guy play, a question watching his highlights
The guy is clearly a leaper, throw it up if he's covered he will come down with it..but

Based on the highlights i saw can this guy get any separation? I saw no plays where he flat out beat his guy and you were like wow! does he have that ability within him?

NeverMind this Video seemed to answer my questions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBO2-do2Vng

dabeastdabone
03-21-2010, 10:54 PM
It's about time we take the WR position "serious". i have always been against drafting a WR early but we have used plenty of early draft picks on defensife players and it has gotten us either "nowhere" or "not very far". Pretty much everyone says Bryant is something special so why not take a shot.

BTW...I don't consider Ginn a sane draft option. He never fit the profile of a WR you draft early and it was a stupid pick all along.

C-HUCKS
03-22-2010, 12:41 AM
That WAS true......up until the point teams figured out Ted Ginn couldn't catch a cold let alone a deep pass. At that point, the field shrunk to about 10 yards for opposing defenses. We get a deep threat again, don't worry, this team WILL be putting up 30 plus a game like they were doing before. Dez Bryant all the way for me baby!!:woot:

What good is it if our offense scores 30, when the opposing teams are scoring 40? If you go back at look at some of our losses last season NO,INDY,HOU and Buff, we lost because of our defense allowed the other teams to score at will. Our defense was horrible at times last year. We need more stars on defense if we are going to improve our win total. I agree we do need a #1 WR, I just feel we have other pressing issues if we are going to improve our team going into next season. Go back and watch the tapes of the Indy and No and you will see that we need some major help on defefense. How is Dez going to help prevent the opposing teams from scoring 40 a game?

JCane
03-22-2010, 12:42 AM
Dez Bryant will be Eric Berry's homemade ***** in this league.

:lol:

GeauxFinns3705
03-22-2010, 01:44 AM
What is our goal? To win. What would help? Scoring a ton of points. How do we do that? Get a stud runningback? No, we have two. Get a stud Quarterback? No, we have a kid with a rocket who needs some help. So do we get a stud receiver? Yes. Who? BRANDON MARSHALL? Doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. T.O.? Doesn't seem like it. Who's the next best available receiver? DEZ BRYANT at #12. Done. This guy is a top 2 or 3 pick if he's really nice and got straight As and never lied.

We should thank the heavens. And I hope our silence with regard to the guy means just that.

He would probably be a top two or three pick if he didn't have character issues. But he does. He has Eugene Parker as an agent. Hello Michael Crabtree. He has been rumored to be hanging around Pacman Jones. WTH? We need a WR in the worst way, but thats not all we need. We need OLBs, S, NT, and TE. Now if we trade down ten slots and hes there, perhaps. But no way at 12.

Creeping Death
03-22-2010, 08:05 AM
we need a playmaker on both sides of the ball, but dez bryant is the best WR in this draft so we have to take him! we can fill needs with the rest of our picks.

Spesh
03-22-2010, 04:14 PM

While injury is always a concern, Ronnie only has a bit over 900 carries. The apparent magic number for running back dropoff is 2.8k. Id love to have Ronnie here for another 5 years to take the role that Ricky has played(change of pace/mentor) when the time comes. Alot of things are misleading about Ronnie, but his play on the field cant be denied. We will be losing Ricky, but at least we have him for another year, and have 2 promising players waiting to have bigger impacts. And, as its been mentioned a few times, myself included, Pro-bowl quality running backs can be grabbed later in drafts.

Spiller might be special, but more and more reports are coming out of him not being as close to Johnson as imagined. That aside, i would rather have the next Larry Fitzgerald/Andre Johnson or Vince Wilfork/Kris Jenkins over the next great running back.

dr.jake
03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
dez imo just seems destined to be the next great WR headcase in the league.

CW_McGraw
03-22-2010, 10:55 PM
The last time I remember this much debate about a player was Randy Moss.

Dez isn't half as talented as Moss. Moss was a freak the likes of which the world had never seen. Dez is just another #1 WR prospect. Do not take The Lord Randy Moss's name in vein.

TKAllDay
03-22-2010, 11:04 PM
Tough decision for the FO

Joey23
03-22-2010, 11:05 PM

Ozzy rules!!

I think the rule got changed and it's now one foot like in college. IDK if it got changed back but I'm a 100% positive that for 2009 it was only one foot.

They also don't give catches if you where pushed out of bouns by a defender though, which kinda cancels it out.

JCane
03-22-2010, 11:16 PM

I don't need to see highlights. Look at this image below and give me one good reason why he shouldn't be our pick...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/09/EricBerryclouds-1.jpg

South Florida
03-23-2010, 02:29 PM
I don't need to see highlights. Look at this image below and give me one good reason why he shouldn't be our pick...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/09/EricBerryclouds-1.jpg

I'll give you 2 good reasons:

1. He won't be there at #12.
2. We probably don't have enough to trade up to #3 to ensure that we get him.

All that said, ERIC BERRY has got to be #1 on Miami's Big Board.

Miamifin23
03-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Spiller will be good but Ryan Mathews will be better. He may not give you the 50yd plus plays like spiller but I feel he's better suited for this team.