PDA

View Full Version : definition of insanity=to do the same thing and expect a different result

Danny
03-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Where am I going with this? We have 2 great RB's but no real #1 WR.....what's more, we haven't have one since the early 90's.....now with those 2 stud RB's we have we still couldn't win enough and the lack of a true top WR's makes it harder for those RB's as other teams stack the LOS every game......now if having great RB's but no great WR hasn't worked yet, then why should we draft a RB at 12 instead of a stud WR?.....Is a new kind of NFL now and to win the big games you need your passing game to make big plays....at last we have a QB that can trow it so why not give him what he needs which is a true number 1 WR that will go get the ball and make plays....if we take a RB at 12 we'll still have the same problems we've had the last few years....we'll have a decent running game but no real stud WR to compliment it with.That hasn't worked for us so why not try something different? We need what we don't have.We don't need what we already have.If we're going to lose then lets at least try something different!!

Ozzy rules!!

Mr_Freezetag
03-21-2010, 08:15 PM
did I miss parcells state that he is picking a RB at #12?

NOPE

hooshoops
03-21-2010, 08:20 PM
i see where you're coming from but i think you're looking at cj spiller only as a running back...

there are so many ways we could get him involved in our offense...whether it be as a key wildcat member...out of the backfield as a vertical pass catcher... motioning him out into a 1 on 1 coverage look with a lb etc...comng in motion into the backfield etc...

ronnie and ricky are a nice combo but neither of them offers the explosiveness or versatility of a cj spiller...ronnie can't stay healthy and ricky is getting up there in years...and ronnie seems to have lost some of his speed to separate in the open field...

still...if dez bryant is the pick at #12 you'll get no argument from me...i'll be stoked

Danny
03-21-2010, 08:25 PM
i see where you're coming from but i think you're looking at cj spiller only as a running back...

there are so many ways we could get him involved in our offense...whether it be as a key wildcat member...out of the backfield as a vertical pass catcher... motioning him out into a 1 on 1 coverage look with a lb etc...comng in motion into the backfield etc...

ronnie and ricky are a nice combo but neither of them offers the explosiveness or versatility of a cj spiller...ronnie can't stay healthy and ricky is getting up there in years...and ronnie seems to have lost some of his speed to separate in the open field...

still...if dez bryant is the pick at #12 you'll get no argument from me...i'll be stoked

trust me, I get your point too that Ronnie keeps on getting hurt and Ricky's not getting any younger.The point tho is that I believe we can get a RB a lot easier than we can a top WR.....back in the Marino days it was the other way around, we had some great WR's and no RB....Things have change and we have to change with the times(but I'll always love metal...lol)and at this point what's holding our offence back is a true top WR.Defence is another thread.

Ozzy rules!!

utahphinsfan
03-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Two Thoughts...

1) you are paraphrasing Albert Einstein defintion of insanity ,"Endlessly repeating the same process hoping for a different result."

2) You just summarized the Wannstedt era.

sinPHIN
03-22-2010, 08:34 PM
bryant isnt a sure number one wr. he has the potential but its not guarantee that he will be a number one for us. i think spiller would be a safer pick. there arent many wr that come in and play great their first year.
i get what you are saying though and i agree, but i think we could get a wr in the 2nd

j-off-her-doll
03-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah, that's not the definition of insanity, buddy.

And, I hate it when people use that phrase.

And, Spiller is the goods.

Joey23
03-22-2010, 11:17 PM
While I agree with you on the need for a #1 receiver I don't agree that we haven't had one since the early 90's. Chambers qualified as #1 atleast on 2005 on my book.

dr.jake
03-24-2010, 06:21 PM
our first round defensive picks THIS (2000's)DECADE are jamar fletcher,jason allen, and vontae davis. i agree it's time to shake it up and draft defense the first two rounds.

Roman529
03-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I disagree with your assessment that the Dolphins have two GREAT running backs....they have one back who shows flashes of greatness but he gets injured pretty regularly and there are times when he is just plain average (Ronnie Brown). Our other RB is one failed drug test from being out on the streets. Ricky could also decide next week that he wants to go study Buddhism in Katmandu with some mystic yogi.

We have two big question marks at RB and last I checked we were not a passing team. Hopefully we can get some great WR's for Henne, but until then the offense is what it is. The bottom line is CJ Spiller may be the BPA and offer the most to this team at #12.

Danny
03-24-2010, 10:22 PM
ok, I hope we take a RB now and keep going to war with the WR's we have now. If we don't make the playoffs next season the threads will be all over this board talking about how our FO blew it by not getting Henne a number 1 WR.And for the record, I'd like to have Spiller on our team, I just feel we need a guy like Bryant more and we can't get both.....if somehow we take Spiller and then Thomas is somehow still there at 43 and we take him then I'll be ok with that tho we'll still be missing an OLB.

Ozzy rules!!