PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Pro Day

MarSly
03-22-2010, 09:15 AM
I wonder if any Dolphins scouts are going..They have many draft prospects..

ckparrothead
03-22-2010, 09:54 AM
I bet the Dolphins will be there looking at Tony Moeaki if nobody else.

#1dolphinsfan
03-22-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm sure there is a dolphins rep at pretty much every big pro day

2413fanphins
03-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I love edds and moeaki.

would be thrilled to have either.

sphincter
03-22-2010, 05:54 PM
I love edds and moeaki.

would be thrilled to have either.I live right here in Iowa city, if we draft either one of them it had better be late round. Moeaki has talent but he is a glass house. Edds is tall and fast but never seems to be around the ball and I can't for the life of me figure out why. Just my 2 cents

Ozfin77
03-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Would love to have Edds and wish Pat Angerer was just a lil' taller and about 15-20lbs heavier!

sphincter
03-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Would love to have Edds and wish Pat Angerer was just a lil' taller and about 15-20lbs heavier!If Edds had Angerer's instincts he would be a top 15 pick.

Ozfin77
03-22-2010, 06:59 PM
If Edds had Angerer's instincts he would be a top 15 pick.

True that :lol:

Edds is a decent cover type LB though....I'd still love to have a shot at him around Rounds 4 or 5.

MarSly
03-22-2010, 09:21 PM
If this regime would not look at height..Angerer to be would be one heck of a pick..He could push Crowder for a starting slot...Look at what Zack Thomas did..

MarSly
03-22-2010, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NpRbgzYTY0

I'm sold..Find a video of Edds and maybe I think differantly...

Ozfin77
03-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Angerer would be "one heck of a pick" as you say, but in a 34 he'd probably last just 2 or 3 season before he was either run into the ground, or run outta town....lol.

As much as I want him to be a Dolphin, a guy 6'0 235lbs wont work in the middle.

Joey23
03-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Moeaki would be money in the 4th round. He would be a perfect complement to Fasano and once Saparano got his hands on him his blocking would improve a good deal.

I have him ahead of Dickerson (no way Sparano lets him line up next to his hogs) and the basketball player for no other reason than being a basketball player who just decided to suit up in pads.

NoblePhin
03-23-2010, 03:02 AM
Moeaki would be money in the 4th round. He would be a perfect complement to Fasano and once Saparano got his hands on him his blocking would improve a good deal.

I have him ahead of Dickerson (no way Sparano lets him line up next to his hogs) and the basketball player for no other reason than being a basketball player who just decided to suit up in pads.

or you could just put dickerson at wr. What a name to have and be a LBer. AngerER, your not just anger, you're angerer. Sometimes i wish I had a last name that forced me to play sports.

ckparrothead
03-23-2010, 10:18 AM
I've never been all that impressed with Angerer.

state06
03-23-2010, 10:48 AM
If this regime would not look at height..Angerer to be would be one heck of a pick..He could push Crowder for a starting slot...Look at what Zack Thomas did..

zach also played in a 4-3. Even he, with his size, would have had a very tough time in the 3-4

HawkDolphan
03-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Here are some links for y'all. The first is photos of Iowa's pro day, which I'm glad to say has a scout from our Dolphins rather visible.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/view.gal?id=66222

Here is another link to some write-up by the National football post: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Iowa-pro-day-results.html

Another link from a different organization NFL.com and Gil Brandt:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/22/with-attention-on-bulaga-others-join-him-in-spotlight/

This all may be more than you want, but there it is. Finally, Sphinky is truly a sphincter. Just b/c you live in Iowa City doesn't mean you know anything about Iowa football. 1) yep, Moaki has had injury problems. No question. Fortunately, they are freaky injuries that don't translate to serious questions down the road (No ACL or knee problems or shoulder problems) which is why you can get this first round talent in the 3rd or 4th.
2) you are completely ignorant on AJ Edds. Here is a copy and paste from the guy at ScoutNFLnetwork, Ed Thompson:
Point No. 7: A.J. Edds (http://iowa.scout.com/a.z?s=8&p=8&c=1&nid=4253862) is a draft prospect that every NFL fan should admire.
There are a couple of draft prospects who jump out at me each year as authentic blue-collar players--guys who might not have elite, first-round athletic talent, but have a a true passion for the game, are highly coachable, are an asset in the locker room, possess a non-stop motor and a knack for always being around the ball.
In this year's draft class, Iowa (http://iowa.scout.com/) linebacker A.J. Edds is one of those rare gems.
During Senior Bowl practices in January, I kept spotting Edds in my line of sight as I tracked the flow of plays. He wasn't necessarily making a bunch of big plays that were thrusting him into the spotlight, but he was fully engaged and around the ball more frequently than most of the other defensive players. He was shadowing receivers and hustling to the ball on every play.
"Ever since I was a little kid, when I played defense I had a knack for figuring out where the ball was going to be, and I've always taken pretty good angles," Edds told me this week. "A lot of it at Iowa came from film study, putting in time that other people might not be willing to do that can help you cue on things.
"You get to this level and there's a handful of guys who are better than everybody else based on athletic ability, but the guys who really succeed are the guys who study, who don't have to think on the field because they know what's going to happen based on the film."
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/741495-1.jpg (http://twitter.com/Ed_Thompson)
Typical of Edds' dedication to ongoing improvement, he plans to do a full workout at Iowa's Pro Day on Monday, March 22 even though he put up solid numbers at the NFL Combine that included top-ten finishes in the forty-yard dash and the 20-yard shuttle.
"I've been looking forward to working out and going through the drills at 100 percent without the exhaustion that goes along with the Combine experience," he said. "I know I can run as well or better back here at school."
The 6-foot-4, 246-pound linebacker, who snagged five interceptions during his senior year, believes his three years of experience as a starter will serve him well as he makes the leap to the pro game.
"I think it shows maturity to come in at a relatively young age and be able to handle the responsibility of playing in a defense in the Big Ten--a pretty physical conference--that asks a lot from guys in the area of responsibility and execution," he said. "I think it shows that I can take the knowledge from the playbook and the meeting room and quickly apply it to the field."
The Cardinals, Jaguars, Falcons and Eagles are just a few of the teams who have showed interest in

hooshoops
03-23-2010, 01:42 PM
or you could just put dickerson at wr. What a name to have and be a LBer. AngerER, your not just anger, you're angerer. Sometimes i wish I had a last name that forced me to play sports.

i don't like dickerson at wr...he had trouble getting off press cbs at the senior bowl...

he's more sudden as an hback imo...can be a bigger mismatch

i do like tony moeaki though...i have some injury reservations but i think he's underrated...

hooshoops
03-23-2010, 01:44 PM
i bet those scouts can't wait to see claiborne next year...i know i can't...looks like a very good 3-4 end to me

i like claiborne a lot

ckparrothead
03-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Between Adrian Clayborne, DaQuan Bowers, Cameron Heyward and Marcel Dareus...it's going to be a scary DE class. And that's without even talking about Greg Romeus or Jabbal Sheard.

hooshoops
03-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Between Adrian Clayborne, DaQuan Bowers, Cameron Heyward and Marcel Dareus...it's going to be a scary DE class. And that's without even talking about Greg Romeus or Jabbal Sheard.

yes indeed...

HawkDolphan
03-23-2010, 02:18 PM
I think there are some Dynamite 3-4 DE's in THIS year's draft! Just from the BigTen(11) there is:
Corey Wooten - Northwestern - definitely passes the eye test. 6'7" and barely 1 year past his ACL. He'll get faster, again. Good value later.
Thaddeus Gibson - tOSU.
Jerod Odrick - PSU - my favorite pick for #12. He's the real deal, guys.
Jamie Kirlew - Indiana - IIRC a 4-year starter (?) Value later on?
Greg Middleton - Indiana - ditto
Ryan Kerrigan - Purdue - dominated tOSU in Purdue's win, but I can't recall if he is eligible for the draft or staying in school.

Then there's DE's that project as OLB:
Brandon Graham - Mich. - plenty of discussion about him elsewhere on the board.
O'Brien Schofield - Wisc - damaged goods, but he is the real deal. FAST. Very hard to block and serious motor. Draft him late and park him for 1 year.

Those are just the DE's I can think off of the top of my head.

hooshoops
03-23-2010, 03:02 PM
gibson is in my top 10 3-4 olb list...

utahphinsfan
03-23-2010, 03:11 PM
I bet the Dolphins will be there looking at Tony Moeaki if nobody else.

I'd agree.

Honestly, I'd prefer Dray of Stanford. #12 might be too high to take Gresham

I think between Fasano, Sperry, Nalbone, Haynos, & a rookie that Miami's TE depth chart would be solid for yrs to come.

Given the number of 2 TE sets that the phins use; would there be 3 or 4 TE's on the roster?

MarSly
03-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Great stuff HawkDolphan

Ozfin77
03-24-2010, 10:41 PM
I've never been all that impressed with Angerer.

Why not?

What dont you like about him?

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-30-2010, 08:27 AM

Cameron Heyward I remember distinctly when watching tape on Jake Long when he was a pro prospect. As a freshman, he bulldozed Jake Long on multiple times. Haven't followed him since though.

Pinkboy
03-30-2010, 08:44 AM
AJ Edds has the body and look of a volleyball player.... not an NFL linebacker.

209Mason
03-30-2010, 04:55 PM
I'll stay quiet because as a Hawkeye fan I'm pretty partial to my team, but I will say that if Moeaki slips much past the 4th round, whoever gets him will be getting a steal. Yes injuries have been a huge burden for him, but his talent is amazing. I'm really interested to see what he can do when he's finally healthy.

I mean, good golly #14:

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/view.gal?id=66222

209Mason
03-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh... and check it out... per Gil Brandt:

LB Pat Angerer (http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/pat-angerer?id=496895) (6-0, 234) ran 4.65 and 4.64 in the 40 (though he plays faster than his timed speed), had a 39-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot, 3-inch broad jump. He didn’t do position workouts, because he reinjured his groin.

LB A.J. Edds (http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/a.j.-edds?id=496921) (6-3 1/4, 247) ran a 4.67 and 4.69 in the 40, had a 35 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot broad jump, a 4.49 short shuttle, a 7.40 three-cone drill and 18 bench press reps.

Angerer at 6' had a verticle jump 4.5" higher than Edds, that should make up for the height difference, right?! :chuckle:

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh... and check it out... per Gil Brandt:

Angerer at 6' had a verticle jump 4.5" higher than Edds, that should make up for the height difference, right?! :chuckle:

Not really, most of the time players dont get the opportunity to set their feet and perform a perfect vertical leap.