PDA

View Full Version : I told you about this guy at the beginning of the season!

bpackers13
03-22-2010, 11:46 AM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2010/03/dolphins-watch-arrelious-benns-impressive-pro-day.html
I say lest take him. He's the big bodied, strong, go up and get it WR we are looking for. On top of that he has blazing speed for his size!!!!:up:

NYinBostonFin
03-22-2010, 11:48 AM
If he's there in the 2nd....

bpackers13
03-22-2010, 11:58 AM
If he's there in the 2nd....
Yea. True. I doubt he will be there. but if something happens and he does end up there. LETS PULL THAT TRIGGER SO FAST HIS HEAD SPINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

WISfinfan13
03-22-2010, 12:01 PM
I see quite a few big ten games. I heard Benn was going to be one of the first WR's selected in the upcoming draft so I watched him. IMO he is a terrible route runner. He never seemed crisp, often rounding off his routes. He has were inconsistant. He had a couple drops, and let a few balls get too close to his body. The one thing I noticed which I really liked about Benn, was his ability to use his hands to create separation. It reminded me alot of how Randy Moss uses his hands.

I am by no means a professional talent evaluator, so take my analysis for what its worth. IMO I would not take him in the second, their are a few WRs I like more than Benn. But if he some how drops to the 3rd, id scoop him up.

bpackers13
03-22-2010, 12:07 PM
I see quite a few big ten games. I heard Benn was going to be one of the first WR's selected in the upcoming draft so I watched him. IMO he is a terrible route runner. He never seemed crisp, often rounding off his routes. He has were inconsistant. He had a couple drops, and let a few balls get too close to his body. The one thing I noticed which I really liked about Benn, was his ability to use his hands to create separation. It reminded me alot of how Randy Moss uses his hands.

I am by no means a professional talent evaluator, so take my analysis for what its worth. IMO I would not take him in the second, their are a few WRs I like more than Benn. But if he some how drops to the 3rd, id scoop him up.I agree with your evaluation on him. Route running could use some work. Trust me, TS would make him get it down. I def agree with the creating seperation point you brought up. Thats mostly pure strength to thank for that aspect of the game. You cant teach strength, you can only make him work out. But I think he is a 2nd rd pick. With a little polishing, this guy could be a top tier WR!

Yessir
03-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Was never impressd watching Benn in game action. His tape really isn't that great.

Now Juice Williams was unfortunatly his quarterback. So that clouded him a bit, but still was never impressed at his ability. Guy really reminds of our very own...Patrick Turner, when he was at USC.

bpackers13
03-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Was never impressd watching Benn in game action. His tape really isn't that great.

Now Juice Williams was unfortunatly his quarterback. So that clouded him a bit, but still was never impressed at his ability. Guy really reminds of our very own...Patrick Turner, when he was at USC.
I agree, Juice Williams is trash. I do think that slowed his development. Now I am not saying that is everything, im just throwing that into the fire. I did notice he is an outstanding outside blocker. That is a plus

utahphinsfan
03-22-2010, 01:06 PM
I'd take Benn over Dez anyday off the week.

Meier from Kansas or Detron Lewis from Texas Tech IMO are they way to go & both s/b in the 3rd round.

Back in '08 whenever I'd watch the Red Raiders, it was Lewis not Crabtree who impressed me.

miamiron
03-22-2010, 01:12 PM
I agree with your evaluation on him. Route running could use some work. Trust me, TS would make him get it down.

Like Sparano has improved Ginn's route running

bpackers13
03-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Like Sparano has improved Ginn's route running
You cant teach heart and determination. Ginn is a BUM, a fast bum but he's a bum. Scared to death he is!!!!!!!!!

Clipse
03-22-2010, 01:31 PM

Benn is nothing like Patrick Turner at all. I have no idea how you came to that comparison. Benn was right up there with Bryant as the top WR in the draft on most people's boards going into the college season. Juice Williams was down right awful, and Benn suffered greatly because of it. Benn, unfortunately will not be there at #43. This guy is a faster Anquan Boldin. Would be great to get a tough guy like him who picks up a lot of yards after the catch. If we're lucky maybe BeBe Thomas falls to #43, but that's looking doubtful.

jim1
03-22-2010, 01:39 PM

I don't see the Benn/Turner comparison. In terms of separation ability and explosion I see a much clearer parallel between Turner and Demaryious Thomas. And to be clear about it I like DT very much and consider him a much better player than Turner, a big dude who can't even break the press.

#1dolphinsfan
03-22-2010, 01:44 PM
If Benn is there in the second i would love to have him but the only WR I would consider at 12 is Dez Bryant

AphexPhin
03-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Take a look at my sig. I have been wanting to draft this guy since he was a freshmen at Illinois.

He is Boldin 2.0.