PDA

View Full Version : News on Eric Berry and Earl Thomas

beck2ginn4TD
03-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Per Rotoworld...

According to NFL.com's Pat Kirwan, Texas S Earl Thomas' draft stock is "dropping slightly in the minds of some people" at the current owners meetings.

Based on this info, Kirwan has dropped Thomas from No. 10 overall (Jaguars) to No. 27 (Cowboys) in his latest mock draft. Kirwan now has Georgia Tech's Demaryius Thomas going to Jacksonville as the first wideout off the board. Oklahoma State's Dez Bryant falls all the way to the Jets at No. 29.

------------

Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff indicated to SI's Peter King that he has good information that the Chiefs are unlikely to consider Tennessee S Eric Berry at No. 5 overall.

Dimitroff worked with Chiefs GM Scott Pioli in New England, and they are still close. "I was talking to Scott Pioli about Berry, and I said, 'Scott, this guy's your pick,'" said Dimitroff. "He said, 'You know how I feel about safeties that early.'." The history of safeties taken at the top of the draft is checkered at best. The Chiefs appear more likely to use their first-rounder on an offensive tackle.
-----------

If the Chiefs pass on Berry, that means he will probably go to the Browns, unless they also feel that the #7 pick is too high for a safety. On rotoworld, it also says that Holmgren is not interested in Clausen, so Berry might be the pick.

If we trade Smiley to the Seahawks and swap 1st round picks, we would have the #6 pick, right in front of the Browns. I agree that we need as many picks as possible and trading down would be great, but I really think Berry is worth trading up. He would fill the biggest need on this team, and he is ridiculous at what he does. Our secondary would be scary good.

Morey161
03-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Are you serious about swapping 1st round picks with Seattle for just Smiley? That would be the worst trade in the world for Seattle and very very stupid. Be realistic man.

beck2ginn4TD
03-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Bro usually when you trade up in the first round, you have to give up a 3rd round pick. That is exactly what the fins are asking for. Smiley would be a starting guard on their team, and they don't lose any picks.

TXFinFan
03-22-2010, 04:05 PM
I want whatever Kirwan has been smoking. I can't recall someone falling so completely for all the pre-draft smoke & mirrors, and the rumors flying around. I've lost a lot of respect for him as a journalist & talent evaluator this year.

Chubby
03-22-2010, 04:07 PM
I would be happy staying at 12 and picking Graham or moving back some and picking another of the quality SOLB in the 1st round.

I do not beleive E. Thomas would drop to Dallas and I pray D. Thomas makes it to us @43.
Chubbs

skipp2myloo13
03-22-2010, 05:35 PM
I hope Miami started the E Thomas slipping rumors. I want him at 12.

MARSHALLAW305
03-22-2010, 05:52 PM
No way dez falls all the way to 29 almost impossible.AS for DEMARIOUS THOMAS. He is an amazing talent but there is no way he is going that early. 1st injury questionable 2nd route running horrible 3rd and finally no speed

cobbs321
03-22-2010, 06:15 PM
swap picks with the seahawks and then trade down and pick up B. Graham where we started off. What a genious i am lol :lol:

bert
03-22-2010, 06:23 PM
the reason berry is moving back up,or staying where he should have been all along.he can move down and play in the box.this move alone in nolan's or anybodys defense would be big.this opens up multiple schemes for defenses.playing in kippens pro style defense also gives berry a big plus.he has been under the best defensive coach already.there is no way thomas gaining 10 pounds to just over 200 for the combine can do this.his everyday playing weight is down in the 190's.he is a coverage safety.we will not draft thomas at 12 thats for sure. people are comparing a complete safety to coverage safety,and its not even close.

bobw999
03-22-2010, 07:15 PM
So D. Thomas gets drafted before Bryant....pick 10???? wow.

That would be a bigger reach than drafting Ginn at 9.

Aqua and Orange
03-22-2010, 07:25 PM
I want whatever Kirwan has been smoking. I can't recall someone falling so completely for all the pre-draft smoke & mirrors, and the rumors flying around. I've lost a lot of respect for him as a journalist & talent evaluator this year.

Agreed. Thomas before Bryant? I'm sure all of these owners are just confiding all of their secrets to each other.

ColonelJ
03-22-2010, 08:34 PM

C'mon man! Kirwan is not saying that Berry is not worth top 10 pick. Nor is he saying that Bryant is not top 10 talent. He is just projecting how the chips may fall. Teams do not take the best player available, otherwise the draft would just go down the list of rated players.

finfan54
03-22-2010, 09:00 PM
its just rumours from a guy who knows people on the inside, but keep in mind two things:
1) long way til draft day still
2) Its been said that there is more misinformation going around than ever before.

TXFinFan
03-23-2010, 10:29 AM
C'mon man! Kirwan is not saying that Berry is not worth top 10 pick. Nor is he saying that Bryant is not top 10 talent. He is just projecting how the chips may fall. Teams do not take the best player available, otherwise the draft would just go down the list of rated players.

I understand what you are saying, but Kirwan is really reaching with his mock. It just doesn't make sense on any level.