PDA

View Full Version : Compiled mocks % who we draft

normaniii
03-23-2010, 01:40 AM
I thought it would be interesting to see after full mock drafts whom most have us taking at 1st 3 picks, as opposed to who we would like to draft without taking into consideration other teams. Was checking website where you submit mocks and they use percentages for who was chosen most for certain teams.

Most felt in 1st 3 rounds Miami would go 1) DE/OLB 2) WR 3) DT

The most popular choices for these 3 picks were:-

1) Jason Pierre-Paul, DE South Florida

2) Demaryius Thomas, WR Georgia Tech

3) Art Jones, DT Syracuse

What do you think?

#1dolphinsfan
03-23-2010, 03:29 AM
I like the second pick but could do without the other two players

MadDog 88
03-23-2010, 04:58 AM
I can't see them drafting PP at #12 with all the writing about him as a project. Thomas is an intriguing choice and may very well go WR in the second.

CedarPhin
03-23-2010, 05:00 AM
I like Thomas, not the other two though.

Dolphin39
03-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Thomas is the only one I would want of the 3.

normaniii
03-23-2010, 10:17 AM
art jones is def a reach at 3. JPP i not sure of. He reminds me of JT but faster but not sure how strong he is at POA.

ckparrothead
03-23-2010, 10:22 AM
I could live with that. This staff has it hard for players they consider to have "the makeup" and if they take Jason Pierre-Paul then it means the things I've heard about him are probably very wrong. I've never insisted that what I have heard about JPP is 100% correct, I'm not in position to know whether it is or isn't but they are and if they take the guy it means for sure to me that he's not actually a lazy simpleton.

And Demaryius Thomas in the 2nd, Arthur Jones in the 3rd, that's just a homerun for me.

normaniii
03-23-2010, 10:27 AM
I could live with that. This staff has it hard for players they consider to have "the makeup" and if they take Jason Pierre-Paul then it means the things I've heard about him are probably very wrong. I've never insisted that what I have heard about JPP is 100% correct, I'm not in position to know whether it is or isn't but they are and if they take the guy it means for sure to me that he's not actually a lazy simpleton.

And Demaryius Thomas in the 2nd, Arthur Jones in the 3rd, that's just a homerun for me.

I dont know much about Art Jones, but looking at various sites they have as a mid 4 high 5. How good is he?

where's th'fish
03-23-2010, 10:40 AM

Your not yourself lately, ck. I've heard you say you're comfortable with just about any name that's been thrown out there at #1!

ckparrothead
03-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Very good. Prior to injury I considered him one of the top DTs in the class. Not sure why he's sunk so low, possibly the injury itself but also when you get hurt there tends to be a left-behind type of curse because all of these other guys get to perform in All Star games and the Combine and get everyone excited and you're just floating around because of injury.

The Dolphins did research on him early. They know who he is and they like him. Another one to watch for that they did some research on early is Vlad Ducasse.

ckparrothead
03-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Your not yourself lately, ck. I've heard you say you're comfortable with just about any name that's been thrown out there at #1!

JPP is a special case because the biggest reason for me to personally not consider him for #12 is because I don't believe he fits "the makeup". Buf if they take him, then obviously I was wrong because they are the original adherents to "the makeup" policy.

There are plenty of guys I wouldn't take at #12 or that I'd be disappointed it. If they take any CB other than Kareem Jackson, I would be mollified. And even Kareem Jackson (my favorite CB in the draft) would be disappointing as it means they're doing something I don't agree with and moving either Vontae or Sean to safety (in all likelihood). If they took Dan Williams, I would be sorely disappointed. If they took Sergio Kindle, I would be disappointed but not as disappointed as some, as I know some folks would be near on suicide watch. If they took Ricky Sapp, that's my own suicide watch guy. If they took Rolando McClain I would be disappointed. Same goes for any ILB. If they took a WR other than Dez Bryant, I would be fairly disappointed...especially Golden Tate. I wouldn't exactly be hot on the idea of Jared Odrick. I would hate to take Iupati that high. I would hate to take any of these tackles that high though I could warm up to Trent Williams with the idea of moving Carey to LG. Still, not exactly shooting for the stars by doing that. I would hate to take a TE that high.

The backdrop of all this is that most of these guys are good players and good players tend to win over position preferences. If you get a guy that's good, nobody's going to care where you got him.

Aqua and Orange
03-23-2010, 11:36 AM
I am with CK in that personally I would be quite happy with that draft. I have questions about JPP, but Parcells' history with LBs has been a stellar one, so obviously he would have a better handle on his abilities.

In addition to CK's list of worries, I would have to submit that I worry greatly about the team not addressing WR until the late rounds of the draft. There are some quality guys that will go in rounds 1-3 this year and I do not feel comfortable going into the season with the group we have now.

The 12 spot is tricky this year in that Jacksonville and Denver, who pick right in front of us, have similar issues and are targeting similar players. Even if some of this board's favorite players somehow fall out of the top 10, nothing is guaranteed to fall into our laps until we see that Dolphins logo on the screen.

ckparrothead
03-23-2010, 11:40 AM
If the Bills would move down from #9 to #12 for the price of a Justin Smiley, I'd have to think pretty hard about that one. I don't want to help them by giving them a good player in Smiley but he is pretty injury prone and if it's the difference between getting the guy we really like and not getting him, it's worth it.

Aqua and Orange
03-23-2010, 11:47 AM
If the Bills would move down from #9 to #12 for the price of a Justin Smiley, I'd have to think pretty hard about that one. I don't want to help them by giving them a good player in Smiley but he is pretty injury prone and if it's the difference between getting the guy we really like and not getting him, it's worth it.

The Bills would jump at that with their O-line currently looking like the white house in Independence Day.

I don't think that trade, or any of the Thigpen-to-Bills trades I've been hearing would happen though. Parcells has assembled quite a history of not dealing within his own division.

normaniii
03-23-2010, 06:51 PM
CK I agree with you about Trent Williams. I know most would be devastated with the amount of money we have stuck into O'Line, but the idea of getting someone who I believe would be an excellent right tackle and putting Carey to where I think he has always been more suited, similar to Leornard Davis, sits well with me , especially with Sparano as coach. I think it is also better value at that pick, however the trade for Smiley would have to be made before hand. I do like B.Graham, but I just think #12 is too high for him. I would love to trade down and pick up Graham between 20-25 and an extra 2nd.

Danny
03-23-2010, 09:05 PM
I'd be uspet with any player on offence at 12 other than Bryant....on defence I'd only want an OLB......I don't want a DB at 12 or a NT or a DE or an ILB so for me to be happy at 12 it'd have to either be Bryant or Graham....Kidndle at 12? Not sure but I know Bill's gonna take an OLB high very soon.

Ozzy rules!!

where's th'fish
03-24-2010, 11:20 AM
JPP is a special case because the biggest reason for me to personally not consider him for #12 is because I don't believe he fits "the makeup". Buf if they take him, then obviously I was wrong because they are the original adherents to "the makeup" policy.

There are plenty of guys I wouldn't take at #12 or that I'd be disappointed it. If they take any CB other than Kareem Jackson, I would be mollified. And even Kareem Jackson (my favorite CB in the draft) would be disappointing as it means they're doing something I don't agree with and moving either Vontae or Sean to safety (in all likelihood). If they took Dan Williams, I would be sorely disappointed. If they took Sergio Kindle, I would be disappointed but not as disappointed as some, as I know some folks would be near on suicide watch. If they took Ricky Sapp, that's my own suicide watch guy. If they took Rolando McClain I would be disappointed. Same goes for any ILB. If they took a WR other than Dez Bryant, I would be fairly disappointed...especially Golden Tate. I wouldn't exactly be hot on the idea of Jared Odrick. I would hate to take Iupati that high. I would hate to take any of these tackles that high though I could warm up to Trent Williams with the idea of moving Carey to LG. Still, not exactly shooting for the stars by doing that. I would hate to take a TE that high.

The backdrop of all this is that most of these guys are good players and good players tend to win over position preferences. If you get a guy that's good, nobody's going to care where you got him.

I was under the impression that you were ok with Dan Williams and Jared Odrick. Maybe I misinterpreted your comments.