PDA

View Full Version : Salguero says Dolphins to address WR in the draft, just not in Round 1

FinAtic8480
03-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Beat writer Armando Salguero has been told that the Dolphins will address wide receiver in the draft, "perhaps in the second round if things break right."
Salguero doesn't believe the Fins will draft Dez Bryant at No. 12 overall, though they would consider him in the second round if he drops that far. Even with the negative reports being floated of late, Bryant won't slip to the second round. Miami could be choosing between Arrelious Benn, Demaryius Thomas, and Damian Williams.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

hooshoops
03-23-2010, 04:59 PM
if damian williams is the regimes answer to our #1 wr need i'm gonna be sick...

of course we're right at that time where smoke is flying everywhere and everyone knows that anything that is told to armando is going in one of his blogs/articles...

so he's an easy enabler for putting out smoke...

TXFinFan
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Armando has been pretty decent lately in reporting the actual news, but I don't know that there's anybody whose draft speculation I trust less than Armando.

WelcomeBack
03-23-2010, 05:15 PM
if damian williams is the regimes answer to our #1 wr need i'm gonna be sick...

of course we're right at that time where smoke is flying everywhere and everyone knows that anything that is told to armando is going in one of his blogs/articles...

so he's an easy enabler for putting out smoke...

I'd much rather if we're looking for a number 1 this off-season it be Dez Bryant. If they feel even remotely comfortable with the wide receivers and decide to wait, there is a good batch next year. But #1's in this draft are limited in my opinion.

ticophin
03-23-2010, 05:19 PM
Hey Armando, visiting Universaldraft.com much?
Pats, with their collection of 2nds (3, and the first of them exactly right after we pick), could be very much interested in Benn....look for them to move and trade up with TB right before us...

PhinsTD
03-23-2010, 05:25 PM
There are certain things that have changed in today's NFL. Having nothing but good soldier players, who will muscle and bang for three yards and a cloud of dust will not win you championships anymore. You need explosive plays in the passing game.

Dez Bryant does that so much better than any other player in this draft by far. The drop from him to another WR is much larger than the drop from Graham or Griffen to the next pass rushing OLB'er.

Part of me hopes he goes before 12, just to spare me the anger I would feel when we passed on him.

WaxOn WaxOff
03-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Well, I guess that rules out Spiller in round 1. There is NO WAY they would take RB-WR 1-2 in this draft.

SR 7
03-23-2010, 05:47 PM
it'll probably be Earl Thomas, Benn (PLZ DROP TO 43) or Worilds, Mike Williams or a TE, and the other one in the 4th.

I think we address FS, OLB, WR, TE, RB within the first 4 rounds...which one of the 5 is missed out on gets hit up with prob 2 of the last 6 picks.

newlownorder
03-23-2010, 05:54 PM
I've said this for awhile now, there will be one of the top WR's in the draft in Round 2. That is where we pull the trigger.

ROADRUNNER
03-23-2010, 06:31 PM
pick up another Bess in FA would be great, and leave the draft for defence defence defence...............

Perfect23
03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
what a surprise

thejetssuck
03-23-2010, 09:41 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/home_NFL.aspx

I think this primarily has to do with the fact that the Dolphins don't believe there is any chance in hell that Dez Bryant falls to 12. Therefore, it is only natural that they would look to the "2nd round if things fall into place" to pick a wr. If Dez falls to 12, I think there is an outstanding chance we snag him, at the very least make some other team give up a hefty price in picks to move up and get him.

dabeastdabone
03-24-2010, 12:59 AM
Why bother? If we realize we need a WR take the best in the draft and be done with it. I'm tired of all the miss picks by the Dolphins trying to go on the cheap.

TheBow305
03-24-2010, 01:10 AM
I REALLY hope we get Dez at 12, because I don't think there's a chance in hell that Thomas or Benn fall to 43. I'm not even sure Damian Williams will be there either.

twix2500
03-24-2010, 01:12 AM
Armando, is just speculating. He wasn't told anything, he knows as much as any one of us. The only thing we can predict is he is looking from the outside in right along with all of us, the parcell family leaks out nothing.