PDA

View Full Version : Eric Berry Chances Could Be Getting Better!!!!!

MARSHALLAW305
03-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Browns talks about going qb really heating up that could help the young stud fall to a reasonable number maybe even 12.As it stands in my head these are the picks up to us. Thanks to walter.com

1 st louis rams= qb Sam Bradford
2 Detroit Lions= t Russel Okong
3Tampa Bay= Nadumakong Suh dt
4 Washington= qb Jimmy Clausen
5 KC = T Brian Bulaga
6 Seattle = dt Gerald Mcoy
7 Cleveland= Colt Mcoy QB
8 Oakland = Bruce Cambell t
9 Bufallo= T Trent Willams
10 Jax = Derrick Morgan de/ olb
11 Denver= Dan Williams nt
12 MIAMI= ERIC BERRY/ DEZ BRYANT/ CJ SPILLER/ BRANDON GRAHAM/SERGIO KINDLE :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

It also turns out on bleacherreport there is an article aswell by BRIAN DITULLIO

tcolli17
03-23-2010, 07:39 PM
I think Buf will take Spiller at 9. It's turning out very likely that we will have a shot at Berry with the news coming out that the Chiefs' GM doesn't like safeties that high, and that the Browns are taking a serious liking to McCoy. It seems to me that the only other place Berry gets picked up is Seattle.

dolphinsbshaw72
03-23-2010, 07:47 PM
i like McCoy.. but in the top ten!!! your out of your mind!!!

GoonBoss
03-23-2010, 07:48 PM
You have just as much credibility as anyone posting on bleacher report.

Phinstrodamus
03-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Maybe thats were Smiley comes into play! That would be awesome.

normaniii
03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Browns will take QB IMO lower than 1st. I wld love Berry though but Broncos wld draft him b4 us and stick him next to Dawkins

Danny
03-23-2010, 08:50 PM
Parcells doesn't like to take safeties that high either but he'll be gone anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Parcells doesn't like to take safeties that high either but he'll be gone anyway.

Ozzy rules!!

If Berry did fall and Bill did not take him I lose all repect for him

thejetssuck
03-23-2010, 09:58 PM
Umm, I'm pretty sure the Browns are VERY interested in him......in the 2nd round. Wake up people!!

Phinatic8u
03-23-2010, 10:03 PM
Stop saying Bill won't o this. He isn't the GM. Ireland makes all the decsions on FA & Draft Day.

#1dolphinsfan
03-23-2010, 10:08 PM
McCoy won't be a top ten pick

SRM
03-23-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm still not getting my hopes up. I sure want to, but the chances of him not being there when we pick are too high for me to get all giddy about all the scenarios that could land him to us.

uga3406
03-23-2010, 11:23 PM
[quote=Danny;1063381281]Parcells doesn't like to take safeties that high either but he'll be gone anyway.

a safety w/ the talents of Berry don't come along that often.If Berry is there at 12, he's a phin---bank on it

normaniii
03-23-2010, 11:52 PM
[quote=Danny;1063381281]Parcells doesn't like to take safeties that high either but he'll be gone anyway.

a safety w/ the talents of Berry don't come along that often.If Berry is there at 12, he's a phin---bank on it

I wont bank on it but i agree that it should and would happen if he dropped

Miamifin23
03-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Yeah this is the craziest thing I've heard... Colt McCoy in the top 10? WOW! We're picking at 12... that means theres 11 spots ahead of us that we have no idea to what those teams might do. Who knows, maybe someone picking in the later part of the 1st rd loves Berry and trades up to 10 to pick him... Sounds like something the Jets would do.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Well who ever does the drafting for us... If Berry falls and they pass they need to be fired?

XxfeensterxX
03-24-2010, 01:28 AM
Well who ever does the drafting for us... If Berry falls and they pass they need to be fired?

Considering its one of our Major holes, and when you have major holes at diffrent spots take the BPA on the board at one of those spots. Berry would easily be the best player still on the board.

Clipse
03-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Not going to happen. Colt McCoy and Dan Williams will not go in the top 11 either...

BARF
03-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Stop saying Bill won't o this. He isn't the GM. Ireland makes all the decsions on FA & Draft Day.

yeah but bp still has input in the matter

ticophin
03-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Hey, lets not get our hopes up ust yet...Soooooo many things have to happen (and many, illogical, Like the McCoy QB pick rd 1). Why not warm up to the Earl Thomas idea from now on, I mean, isnt he just the stud we need back there?

ticophin
03-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Isnt an Offseason where we might add Dansby, plus, maybe have the opportunity to draft:
1. Earl Thomas- Brandon Graham-Sergio Kindle
2. Cam Thomas-Rashead Jones- Jerry Hughes- Ricky Sapp-Jared Odrick
3. Morgan Burnett-Darryl Washington-Thaddeus Gibson-AJ Edds
-
No need to expect miracles, our Defense might be rock solid after this draft!

ChambersWI
03-24-2010, 01:28 PM
If Berry gets by KC (who I could see passing on Berry due to the fact that Pioli wants to build a strong foundation before adding the playmakers), I HIGHLY doubt he gets by Cleveland.

silvrwrx
03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Regardless of their needs there is no way Al Davis lets eric berry slip past him. dont count on drafting berry.

Chubby
03-24-2010, 02:23 PM
I dont think it will happen but there are some Mocks that have him slipping to us that make some sense if the teams are drafting need over BPA.
We will see.
Chubbs

BobDole
03-24-2010, 03:04 PM
its not impossible - although its not very probable either. excluding fullbacks and special teams players - safeties are considered the least prioritized position on the field. strangers things have happened.

Dan The Fin Fan
03-24-2010, 05:19 PM
I would love to have S Eric Berry in Miami

arsenal
03-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Considering its one of our Major holes, and when you have major holes at diffrent spots take the BPA on the board at one of those spots. Berry would easily be the best player still on the board.

exactly if you have the BPA is also one of your glaring holes and you don't take him, your FO has issues...

Berry i say is BPA in the top 3... so the chances of him falling to us are slim slim slim...

a trade up partner i could see is Cleveland, a new regime thats still in the process of turning over their roster so want as many draft picks as they can get...

im usually not for trading up but getting Berry would be huge... we've seen in the league lately how important it is to have these ballhawking safeties that also bring a physical presence... which is Berry to a T... hes so far ahead of Thomas to me that though Thomas would be a nice consolation prize, the move up to get Berry might still be smarter to do because of the gap between these two players... Thomas still just looks too small to me

arsenal
03-25-2010, 09:32 AM
also this is hopefully a good indication
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawksblog/2011409797_eric_berry_seed.html

Second, King includes a quote from Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitrioff that points to the fact that Kansas City might not be scooping up Berry at No. 6. King talked to Dimitrioff about taking a safety in the first third of the first round:
"'It's been on my mind a lot lately, and I realize I'm speaking out of both sides of my mouth here, but Berry's a really good player. It's been on my mind quite a bit recently. You want the good hitter with hip movement, able to turn and run, but then reality sets in. I was talking to [Kansas City GM] Scott Pioli about Berry, and I said, 'Scott, this guy's your pick.' And he said, 'You know how I feel about safeties that early.' And I understand.' "
Peter King, CNNSI.com

Aqua and Orange
03-25-2010, 09:43 AM
This all is smokescreen of the most ridiculous variety. Berry will go in the top 10 guaranteed.

Krush
03-25-2010, 03:43 PM
why would they put a rookie Safety when they already have clemons? I think if they don't trade down it will be NT or LB. they can get a Safety in the second round and a receiver in the 3rd.

pnayan
03-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Itís no secret in NFL circles that the Cleveland Browns are intrigued by University of Florida defensive back Joe Haden, the top-ranked cornerback.

On Monday, Browns secondary coach Jerome Henderson traveled to Maryland for a private workout with the consensus All-American.
And heíll be visiting the Browns, who hold the seventh overall pick of the first round, at their team headquarters in Berea, Ohio, in April, according to his agent, Malik Shareef.
"I would really love it if we could get Joe there with the Browns and Eric Mangini and Mike Holmgren, and the Browns have shown a lot of interest in Joe," Shareef told the National Football Post in a telephone interview this morning. "Mangini can teach Joe a lot, and Joe would be very excited to play for the Browns. I feel like Joe is the next great corner in the NFL along the lines of a Nmandi Asomugha and a Darelle Revis. Joe is the real deal.

Hopefully, the Browns are seriously considering Haden at 7, even if Berry is still there

pnayan
03-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Edit: the Above snippet is from Yahoo! Sports.

utahphinsfan
03-25-2010, 05:26 PM
I think Buf will take Spiller at 9.

The only thing more amusing would be Al Davis taking Tebow a few picks earlier, but I'm for anything that'd perplex Chris Berman.

What then happens to Marshawn Lynch?

XxfeensterxX
03-25-2010, 05:30 PM
why would they put a rookie Safety when they already have clemons? I think if they don't trade down it will be NT or LB. they can get a Safety in the second round and a receiver in the 3rd.

Because Eric Berry is the best safety prospect to come out since Sean Taylor. If Berry is on the board, HE WILL be the pick.

clbrazee
03-25-2010, 06:03 PM
If Berry falls to 12, I feel Miami will take him. If Bryant, Graham, and Kindle are there I see us trading down - some team will want to trade up to get one of them.

This is a deep draft on OLB and we could get our NT (Dan Williams) with a lower 1st round pick. As much as I would like to see a WR high in the draft or trade for Marshall - I don't see this FO doing that.