PDA

View Full Version : C.J Spiller

malzacher
03-23-2010, 10:35 PM
I think our front office want to draft spiller. They are throwing it out there that they want Bryant so teams like seattle will bite. We move back a couple spots and gain an extra pick or player and we take the guy who we want all along. Speedy, plays big, electric. Spiller..Bryant is a smokescreen. I could easy see that Sparano could be telling the truth when he means they are fine at Wr. They just wish the guys would GET IT!!

Juice3374
03-23-2010, 11:20 PM
OMG! Now all the other NFL teams know our secret... big mouth *******. Haha

Miamifin23
03-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Spiller will be a good player but I don't see Miami taking him. I feel they want more of the power running game and he doesn't fit that mold.

hemidemon
03-24-2010, 12:29 AM
Miami has power running backs. What they need is a homerun threat. Spiller does fit that.

mandal24
03-24-2010, 12:57 AM
Theres room for CJ Spiller on every team! Id take him in a heartbeat! The guy is the biggest home run threat in this years draft by far!

dolfanchris
03-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Spiller would take our offense to a whole other level !!!! he's going to make gamewinnig plays in the NFL ... i want him on my team !

Chubby
03-24-2010, 09:08 AM
If we had a quality Starting SOLB, Starting FS and Starting NT already on our team then hell ya I would be all about Spiller. But the fact remains that we dont, we must full our immediate wholes before taking luxury picks. Spiller,Golden Tate etc... are excellent complimentary players that can definately put your team over the top if your on the cusp.

I would also take Spiller if we had a need/Whole at RB.
Chubbs

Clipse
03-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Doubt it.

jim1
03-24-2010, 09:54 AM
If we had a quality Starting SOLB, Starting FS and Starting NT already on our team then hell ya I would be all about Spiller. But the fact remains that we dont, we must full our immediate wholes before taking luxury picks. Spiller,Golden Tate etc... are excellent complimentary players that can definately put your team over the top if your on the cusp.

I would also take Spiller if we had a need/Whole at RB.
Chubbs

Yeah we need all of those defensive holes filled, but we need offensive explosion as well. Would Spiller be a better fir if he were a WR? Of course. But given the choice between taking Spiller or reaching for a defensive need position, I'll take Spiller.

SnakeoilSeller
03-24-2010, 10:02 AM
I keep going back and forth with this. The FO does not seem to interested in a big play WR, yet they are always talking about chunk yards. Well CJ Spiller fits the "chunk yards" definition. If the draft is so deep as some claim, why not wait until later rounds to fill the needs and in round 1 get the best player available. At #12 that may be CJ Spiller.

jim1
03-24-2010, 10:08 AM
I keep going back and forth with this. The FO does not seem to interested in a big play WR, yet they are always talking about chunk yards. Well CJ Spiller fits the "chunk yards" definition. If the draft is so deep as some claim, why not wait until later rounds to fill the needs and in round 1 get the best player available. At #12 that may be CJ Spiller.

The FO not being interested in a big play WR is a big lie on their part imo. It's an obvious need, they want one and they're playing their cards- in a little too obvious manner for my taste. Not wanting a big play WR on this team is a joke. Why would they be wasting their time with talented problem child Mike Williams if that were the case? It's not just a matter of investing a draft pick, it's a roster spot that has to come from somewhere.

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 10:08 AM
berry
bryant
spiller
brandon graham/earl thomas

one of those 5 would be dolphins in that order if i had a say...thomas and graham i have on about the same level...you just know that brandon graham is winning and winning big in the interview room...

of course...have we interviewed him yet??? hmmm...

FinFatale
03-24-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't see this being the path we take on draft day, but who knows?

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 10:21 AM
if you pass on spiller you can get a poor mans version in dexter mccluster in the 2nd round...i've heard that mccluster is killing it in team workouts...running 4.4 flat 40's and showing spiller like versatility...

of course if you want mccluster you better take him at pick #43...and i would all things considered seriously consider him there is if i didn't have an offensive playmaker by the time i came on the clock if the olb and wr crop had been picked thin...

only thing about mccluster is he's not gonna break tackles imo as a pro provided you can catch him lol...but he's a weapon in space...

and you also know he's winning in the interview rooms...

outlawd2u
03-24-2010, 10:22 AM
berry
bryant
spiller
brandon graham/earl thomas

one of those 5 would be dolphins in that order if i had a say...thomas and graham i have on about the same level...you just know that brandon graham is winning and winning big in the interview room...

of course...have we interviewed him yet??? hmmm...

My list is exactly the same but in a differen't order. I got Berry, Bryant, Thomas, Spiller then Graham. I would be absolutley ecstatic with any of them though.

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 10:25 AM
My list is exactly the same but in a differen't order. I got Berry, Bryant, Thomas, Spiller then Graham. I would be absolutley ecstatic with any of them though.

i just have 3 of my top 5 bpa in the draft as my top 3 on this list...i'm going bpa if they're there...

j-off-her-doll
03-24-2010, 10:59 AM
For me, the risk/reward on McCluster doesn't justify a 2nd RD selection.

Chubby
03-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah we need all of those defensive holes filled, but we need offensive explosion as well. Would Spiller be a better fir if he were a WR? Of course. But given the choice between taking Spiller or reaching for a defensive need position, I'll take Spiller.

But if the season started today we have no one to play(Start) SOLB or FS, also no quality backups at WOLB or SOLB or NT.

We do however have 5 runningbacks on our roster, Can they razzle dazzle like Spiller, I honestly dont think so, but we still dont know what have in Korey Sheets. Regardless at this point Spiller is a Luxury and SOLB and FS, even NT or Starting WR is a Need.
Chubbs

jim1
03-24-2010, 12:12 PM
But if the season started today we have no one to play(Start) SOLB or FS, also no quality backups at WOLB or SOLB or NT.

We do however have 5 runningbacks on our roster, Can they razzle dazzle like Spiller, I honestly dont think so, but we still dont know what have in Korey Sheets. Regardless at this point Spiller is a Luxury and SOLB and FS, even NT or Starting WR is a Need.
Chubbs

We have Quentin Moses, Charlie Anderson and Cameron Wake. We have Chris Clemons and Rodney Culver. Sure the positions could stand upgrades, but we have picks after the 1st rd to do that as well. Our biggest need imo is the true #1 WR. I'm not thrilled with Spiller at #12, but:

1. He's a major offensive threat, and we lack that.
2. He's a great kick returner, and I don't think that Ginn will be around for long.
3. He is one heck of a receiving threat and can be spread out wide.
4. Ronnie Brown gets hurt often and how sure is he to be around here for long?
5. Despite Ricky Williams hiring Drew Rosenhous, how long will he be around. I hope through 2011 or longer, I like RW quite a bit.

Danny
03-24-2010, 12:36 PM
anything is posible at this point but RB when you have Ronnie and Ricky and major needs in at least 4 other areas would not be very smart imo.....you can say that Ronnie gets hurt and Ricky's getting older all you want but at least we do have them at the moment but we have no real staring FS, we need a starting OLB or maybe even 2, we're not that that strong at NT and we need a number 1 WR in a big way.I don't think RB is the way to go the way things are.Now if some crazy stupid teams give us a 1st for Ronnie then I could see us going RB in round 1.

Ozzy rules!!

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 12:52 PM
it's my opinion that when you pass up talent for need is when you get yourself in trouble...reaching for a player to fill a need

and you end up with average talent on your roster...which we have plenty of...

Chubby
03-24-2010, 01:59 PM
We have Quentin Moses, Charlie Anderson and Cameron Wake. We have Chris Clemons and Rodney Culver. Sure the positions could stand upgrades, but we have picks after the 1st rd to do that as well. Our biggest need imo is the true #1 WR. I'm not thrilled with Spiller at #12, but:

1. He's a major offensive threat, and we lack that.
2. He's a great kick returner, and I don't think that Ginn will be around for long.
3. He is one heck of a receiving threat and can be spread out wide.
4. Ronnie Brown gets hurt often and how sure is he to be around here for long?
5. Despite Ricky Williams hiring Drew Rosenhous, how long will he be around. I hope through 2011 or longer, I like RW quite a bit.

Look I completely understand your Man crush on Spiller.

The man is electrifying. He can definately boost our scoring in many ways.

But we can not start the season with Moses and Anderson as Starters. Wake will definately be our Starting WOLB with no real quality backup at WOLB or SOLb.Its obvious that our FO does not beleive Culver and Clemons are ready just yet to start.
Chubbs

Chubby
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM
it's my opinion that when you pass up talent for need is when you get yourself in trouble...reaching for a player to fill a need

and you end up with average talent on your roster...which we have plenty of...
One thing is reaching for a need another is filling a huge whole with the correct player (Graham,E. Thomas, Bryant) are not reaches at 12.
Chubbs

Would you rather start the season with

Ronnie
Ricky
Spiller
Moses or Anderson
Culver or Clemmons
All starting or

Ronnie
Ricky
Sheets
Cobbs
And either E. Thomas, B. Graham or Dez Bryant?
chubbs

Danny
03-24-2010, 02:57 PM
One thing is reaching for a need another is filling a huge whole with the correct player (Graham,E. Thomas, Bryant) not are reaches at 12.
Chubbs

Ronnie
Ricky
Spiller
Moses or Anderson
Culver or Clemmons
All starting or

Ronnie
Ricky
Sheets
Cobbs
chubbs

that's what I've been trying to say......keep going back to when Wanny drafted a corner in round one when we already had 2 probowl corners.

Ozzy rules!!

hammond47
03-24-2010, 03:06 PM
As good as spiller is he isnt the best runningback in this draft. Jahvid best is a better pure runner (IMO). if you want a special teams running back with big play potential you can get mccluster in the 4th. spiller would be tooo much of a luxury pick, and our needs at DT safety OLB and WR are too big.

hammond47
03-24-2010, 03:12 PM
I completely agree with Berry, Bryant, Thomas, Graham

Chubby
03-24-2010, 03:13 PM
I completely agree with Berry, Bryant, Thomas, Graham
I never mentioned Berry because I just dont feel he will make it to us regardless but if he is add him to my list.
Chubbs

jim1
03-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Look I completely understand your Man crush on Spiller.

The man is electrifying. He can definately boost our scoring in many ways.

But we can not start the season with Moses and Anderson as Starters. Wake will definately be our Starting WOLB with no real quality backup at WOLB or SOLb.Its obvious that our FO does not beleive Culver and Clemons are ready just yet to start.
Chubbs

I have no man crush on Spiller. It comes down to balancing value with need. Who would serve the team better, Spiller or a defensive player (given what's likely to be out there) at #12?

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
One thing is reaching for a need another is filling a huge whole with the correct player (Graham,E. Thomas, Bryant) are not reaches at 12.
Chubbs

Ronnie
Ricky
Spiller
Moses or Anderson
Culver or Clemmons
All starting or

Ronnie
Ricky
Sheets
Cobbs
chubbs

do you consider cj spiller a top 5 bpa in this draft??? just answer me that...and if you do do you consider earl thomas and brandon graham to be in that same top 5??? or better talent than spiller???

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
As good as spiller is he isnt the best runningback in this draft. Jahvid best is a better pure runner (IMO). if you want a special teams running back with big play potential you can get mccluster in the 4th. spiller would be tooo much of a luxury pick, and our needs at DT safety OLB and WR are too big.

lol...you're not sniffing dexter mccluster in the 4th...

Chubby
03-24-2010, 03:35 PM
do you consider cj spiller a top 5 bpa in this draft??? just answer me that...and if you do do you consider earl thomas and brandon graham to be in that same top 5??? or better talent than spiller???
No I consider him to be somewhere between 6-10. Brandon Graham somewhere around 12-15. Thomas Anywhere from 10-15.

Chubby
03-24-2010, 03:36 PM
lol...you're not sniffing dexter mccluster in the 4th...
3rd rounder

Chubby
03-24-2010, 03:37 PM
I have no man crush on Spiller. It comes down to balancing value with need. Who would serve the team better, Spiller or a defensive player (given what's likely to be out there) at #12?
Considering our holes see above. Sheets(remember I called this) imo will end up playing that role of return guy while Cobbs will resume his 3rd down back. Ronnie and Ricky will split the rest of the duties.
Chubbs

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 03:37 PM
No I consider him to be somewhere between 6-10. Brandon Graham somewhere around 12-15. Thomas Anywhere from 10-15.

so by your own definition you are letting need take precedence over talent...

that's called reaching...:up:

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 03:38 PM
3rd rounder

mid 2nd to mid 3rd i'd say...

don't sleep on new england with those 3 second rounders pulling the trigger there...

Chubby
03-24-2010, 03:40 PM
mid 2nd to mid 3rd i'd say...

don't sleep on new england with those 3 second rounders pulling the trigger there... Only reason why I think hes a 3rd rounder is their is a ton of 2nd round RB talent this year, will all depend on what type of RB teams are looking for. NE is definately the dark horse.
chubbs

Chubby
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
so by your own definition you are letting need take precedence over talent...

that's called reaching...:up:
Reaching would be what Oakland did last year.
Picking a top 15 talent guy at 12 who fills in immediate hole is called smart drafting.
Chubbs

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Considering our holes see above. Sheets(remember I called this) imo will end up playing that role of return guy while Cobbs will resume his 3rd down back. Ronnie and Ricky will split the rest of the duties.
Chubbs

unproven in sheets and returning from major injury but not special when he was healthy in cobbs...

sheets is nothing more than an unknown right now...you can peg him into some role if you want but that's nothing more than speculation on your part at this point...

add ronnie and ricky as unknowns after this season and one can make the argument that a special difference maker at rb could be warranted for the long term...but again spiller is so much more than a rb...

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Reaching would be what Oakland did last year.
Picking a top 15 talent guy at 12 who fills in immediate hole is called smart drafting.
Chubbs

smart drafting according to you...passing on better talent to me...i'd almost use the word you are "settling"

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Only reason why I think hes a 3rd rounder is their is a ton of 2nd round RB talent this year, will all depend on what type of RB teams are looking for. NE is definately the dark horse.
chubbs

there's probably 10 rbs that get drafted in the first 6 rounds...but i can think of only one other who brings to the table the all around weapon that a cj spiller does...dexter mccluster...

i think he goes pretty high...somewhere in the 2nd round...offers too much versatility and mismatches for defenses to stay on the board with the downhill runners...of which there are many..

lot of value at rb imo plus te plus ot plus olb...but i think you better get a olb in the first 3 rounds...

Chubby
03-24-2010, 03:48 PM
unproven in sheets and returning from major injury but not special when he was healthy in cobbs...

sheets is nothing more than an unknown right now...you can peg him into some role if you want but that's nothing more than speculation on your part at this point...

add ronnie and ricky as unknowns after this season and one can make the argument that a special difference maker at rb could be warranted for the long term...but again spiller is so much more than a rb...

It all comes down to everyones personal drafting philosophy.

Again, I think Spiller is an amazing player but my philosophy is Pick the best player first that fills your biggest needs.
Reality is we have Ronnie,Ricky,Lex Hilliard, Cobbs and Sheets currently on the roster. We can definately go to battle what that group.
But their is no way in hell we can go to battle with Moses or Anderson starting. And apparently the fins feel we can not go to battle with Culver or Clemmons just yet.
Chubbs

Chubby
03-24-2010, 03:50 PM
smart drafting according to you...passing on better talent to me...i'd almost use the word you are "settling"
Comes down to everyone own personal draft philosophy.
Chubbs

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 03:52 PM
who said anything about going to battle with only anderson moses and wake???

if the talent presents itself at the pick you take the olb...if it doesn't you go elsewhere...maybe a position where the talent and the need match...

if that happens you are cooking with gas and you can't second guess yourself after...you went with the talent on your board...

hooshoops
03-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Comes down to everyone own personal draft philosophy.
Chubbs

yeah and your personal philosophy based on what you've told me here is that need trumps talent...

Chubby
03-24-2010, 04:01 PM
who said anything about going to battle with only anderson moses and wake???

if the talent presents itself at the pick you take the olb...if it doesn't you go elsewhere...maybe a position where the talent and the need match...

if that happens you are cooking with gas and you can't second guess yourself after...you went with the talent on your board...
By choosing Spiller with #12 your basically left with 1 essential/Realistic pick #43 to find someone who could fill that SOLB,NT,FS or #1 WR spot unless one of those lucky Acorns fall to us during Training Camp via FA.

By using #12 and #43 you are realistically filling 2 of your top biggest needs first leaving you with less holes elsewhere.

Spiller this year is not a priority need no matter how much you think it is. I peg him in the same class as a D. Jackson or P. Harvin. He is the perfect compliment to a deep playoff team, which we are nowhere close to untill we fill our huge holes.
Chubbs

Chubby
03-24-2010, 04:02 PM
yeah and your personal philosophy based on what you've told me here is that need trumps talent...
Am i disagreeing? No! What Spiller could bring to the Dolphins is not a bigger need then the huge hole at SOLB, FS, NT or #1 WR.
Chubbs