PDA

View Full Version : Is Sparano newest Fins' BUST?

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Gotta be disappointed that this regime hasnt acquired a "playmaker" for the offense. Especially given that was the glaring hole last year.

Just how many OL can you add to a roster? Nobody on this offensive roster scares the D. Patriots, Jets, will yawn when the fins break the huddle.

Reading more of Sparano's comments on how "...happy with our WR's..." and to suggest the reason for the lack of performance was "coaching, schemes, young QB, ..." is a self endictment, he is the HC!

To infer that WR's that didnt get playing time are critical to improving this WR corp is irresponsible at best and incompetence at worst...or he's just lying as posture for draft day.

The excuse of the "Diva" WR is that, an excuse, especially if the fins have any intentions of taking a WR at #12, which I seriously doubt. This regime will take another Patrick Turner type in the 3rd or 4th, and, he'll sit on the bench until he "learns the nfl routes" and perhaps play on special teams.

This regime needed to bust a move, a bold move, and they choked.

What, do you really think a high risk pick at #12 for a WR solves this offenses anemia in the most crucial component of an offense? Do you really think a 1st round WR isnt a diva? or, wont become a diva after he's handed his $20M check?

This regime is not picking a WR at #12 or #43 (or whatever that pick is in the 2nd).

And, this team will be mediocre and BORING next year, and, the stadium will be just as empty.

I'm sure Ross is looking forward to that.

oodolphins
03-24-2010, 11:25 AM
I am thankful that you are not running the Dolphin Organization.

lucid22
03-24-2010, 11:27 AM
There's no telling who will be on our offense in a few months, patience my child.

NewCoachPlease
03-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Didn't we used to be able to ignore posters? What happened to that application?

SuperMarksBros.
03-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Are you ever positive about anything? Oh, and you're right. The Jets and Pats have nothing to be afraid of...except we won 3 out of 4 games against those 2 teams last season.

Dolfan1000
03-24-2010, 11:29 AM
No WR at 12 or 43? Confirmed? Good. I'll notify the Herald of this breaking news, Mr. Ireland.

state06
03-24-2010, 11:29 AM
we dont have the luxury of being able to go out and get your 'playmaker' because we are still in a rebuilding process. Whether you like you admit it or not, we are still building our roster from that 1-15 season. he is in the third season of rebuilding currently and as we better our roster, we will gain more opportunities to add a playmaker to complete our team. When rebuilding you cant build a team with one playmaker, Our O is, as of right now, better than our defense. Fix the D, then add that luxury piece to the O. in a year, or two, we will be in a better position.

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Are you ever positive about anything? Oh, and you're right. The Jets and Pats have nothing to be afraid of...except we won 3 out of 4 games against those 2 teams last season.

7-9, nuff said.

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 11:34 AM
we dont have the luxury of being able to go out and get your 'playmaker' because we are still in a rebuilding process. Whether you like you admit it or not, we are still building our roster from that 1-15 season. he is in the third season of rebuilding currently and as we better our roster, we will gain more opportunities to add a playmaker to complete our team. When rebuilding you cant build a team with one playmaker, Our O is, as of right now, better than our defense. Fix the D, then add that luxury piece to the O. in a year, or two, we will be in a better position.

Got it. We are still "rebuilding" and the Jets get to the Championship in one season by acquiring playmakers.

Ok, we'll wait another 20 years to play in the SB.

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 11:35 AM
No WR at 12 or 43? Confirmed? Good. I'll notify the Herald of this breaking news, Mr. Ireland.

Never said "confirmed". If you knew anything about Parcells philosophy, and track record, you would know, but then again...

tcdrover
03-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Got it. We are still "rebuilding" and the Jets get to the Championship in one season by acquiring playmakers.

The dolphins won the AFC East the year before.

Do you post just to get negative attention?

There are madams with dungeons and whips and chains for guys like you.

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
The dolphins won the AFC East the year before.

Do you post just to get negative attention?

There are madams with dungeons and whips and chains for guys like you.

Why stop there? I think they won a SB 20 years ago too!

SO WHAT?

This team regressed in the W column. That is what's important in the end isnt it? Wins? Playoffs? SB?

No but hey, fins had a good season 35 years ago so what am I complaining about? Doi!

Dolfan4life!
03-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Didn't we used to be able to ignore posters? What happened to that application?
No kidding, what happened to that feature?

Nublar7
03-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Didn't we used to be able to ignore posters? What happened to that application?http://www.finheaven.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

Dolfan1000
03-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Never said "confirmed". If you knew anything about Parcells philosophy, and track record, you would know, but then again...

Precisely the point. Wait and see what actually happens before jumping all over the front office and Sparano.

tcdrover
03-24-2010, 11:44 AM

SO WHAT?

This team regressed in the W column. That is what's important in the end isnt it? Wins? Playoffs? SB?

No but hey, fins had a good season 35 years ago so what am I complaining about? Doi!

Look at the Saints record since Payton has been there. They just won the Superbowl in case you missed it while you were at 'Toys are us'...:rolleyes2:

Dolfan4life!
03-24-2010, 11:46 AM
The thread title and post do not match. You ask in the title if Sparano is "the newest Fins bust" and go one to complain (as per usual) that the front office has done nothing to acquire the playmaker that you feel we need. What does that have to do with the coach? Are you inferring Sparano is a bust because he isn't crying for the said playmaker (as you are)?

EDIT: Don't bother to reply to my questions. Thanks to Nubs I will no longer be seeing your posts.

X-Pacolypse
03-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, you're 2010 Debbie Downer Award winner!

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 11:50 AM
The thread title and post do not match. You ask in the title if Sparano is "the newest Fins bust" and go one to complain (as per usual) that the front office has done nothing to acquire the playmaker that you feel we need. What does that have to do with the coach? Are you inferring Sparano is a bust because he isn't crying for the said playmaker (as you are)?

Sorry, I thought the HC had a say in player personnel decisions...my bad!

That's right, Sparano only runs up and down the sidelines calling timeout after a change of possession, my bad.

I wonder who gets to pick the players for the fins? According to you, its not Sparano.

:crazy:

rent this space
03-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Gotta be disappointed that this regime hasnt acquired a "playmaker" for the offense. Especially given that was the glaring hole last year.

Just how many OL can you add to a roster? Nobody on this offensive roster scares the D. Patriots, Jets, will yawn when the fins break the huddle.

Reading more of Sparano's comments on how "...happy with our WR's..." and to suggest the reason for the lack of performance was "coaching, schemes, young QB, ..." is a self endictment, he is the HC!

To infer that WR's that didnt get playing time are critical to improving this WR corp is irresponsible at best and incompetence at worst...or he's just lying as posture for draft day.

The excuse of the "Diva" WR is that, an excuse, especially if the fins have any intentions of taking a WR at #12, which I seriously doubt. This regime will take another Patrick Turner type in the 3rd or 4th, and, he'll sit on the bench until he "learns the nfl routes" and perhaps play on special teams.

What, do you really think a high risk pick at #12 for a WR solves this offenses anemia in the most crucial component of an offense? Do you really think a 1st round WR isnt a diva? or, wont become a diva after he's handed his $20M check?

This regime is not picking a WR at #12 or #43 (or whatever that pick is in the 2nd).

And, this team will be mediocre and BORING next year, and, the stadium will be just as empty.

you really need to follow the team more closely

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 11:53 AM
you really need to follow the team more closely

Yes, its hard to keep track of all the talent on this roster!

Afmo
03-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Must be a slow news day :p

PhinzN703
03-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, you're 2010 Debbie Downer Award winner!

I dunno man, there are several candidates already for that prestigious award. And yes it's only March. And no I'm not surprised.

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 12:02 PM
I dunno man, there are several candidates already for that prestigious award. And yes it's only March. And no I'm not surprised.

Yeah lets not hand out this award just yet! If we tank 2010 I might make a strong run at it myself! :lol: I'll just wait for the season to end, not do it before the draft sheesh!

MadDog 88
It's hard to get a playmaker when there are non available that cost draft picks. Even if the Dolphins were interested in Marshall it would cost a 1st and 3rd, something they can't afford to give up. There are 2 glaring holes on the defense and a hole that needs to be addressed but can wait possibly one more off season.

The offense was not what cost the Phins games last year, it was the defense. Specifically three glaring holes, one of which has been filled. If they manage to fix the defense this year and there is no lock out, look for that big WR next season if they don't solve it in this draft. They know they need it but the right opportunity has not been there.

Vaark

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/hateraid_small-1.jpg

Phinstrodamus
03-24-2010, 12:03 PM
I think that is obvious (to some at least) what trifecta is trying to do here, and that is build through the draft. Yes, its not always easy to swallow when there are playmakers available (with baggage) that can help today, but I would RATHER TRIFECTA FIX THE PROBLEM LONG TERM RATHER THAN SHORT TERM with a injuried or problematic player. In other words, they are not about a one hit wonder. They want a (young) player that can learn there way from day one and produce on the field for years to come with out distraction (injury or off field issues). They use this mentality on all player positions.

SQuinn17
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
I hate to admit, but this guy has a point. The FO ignored our glaring need at the receiver position last year and that basically cost us 2 wins. But then again, this team has more holes than what meets the eye.

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 12:09 PM
It's hard to get a playmaker when there are non available that cost draft picks. Even if the Dolphins were interested in Marshall it would cost a 1st and 3rd, something they can't afford to give up. There are 2 glaring holes on the defense and a hole that needs to be addressed but can wait possibly one more off season.

The offense was not what cost the Phins games last year, it was the defense. Specifically three glaring holes, one of which has been filled. If they manage to fix the defense this year and there is no lock out, look for that big WR next season if they don't solve it in this draft. They know they need it but the right opportunity has not been there.

Denver only tendered him a 1st. So far the only interest is Seattle and they won't part with a first.

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 12:11 PM

I love that Sniper pic on your sig! Hurrah!

Dolfan4life!
03-24-2010, 12:13 PM
I hate to admit, but this guy has a point. The FO ignored our glaring need at the receiver position last year and that basically cost us 2 wins. But then again, this team has more holes than what meets the eye.
A third and forth round draft pick is hardly ignoring, especially for a regime that is intent on building through the draft. Now, whether or not they took the right player with the third round pick, well that is another conversation.

bdhock
03-24-2010, 12:16 PM
I think the front office has really come a long way since the 1-15 season. I remember Cleo Lemon QB,Hagen WR, I cannt even rember the OL. There have been some mistakes in the last two years, but we went from an old lousy team to a young team that is at least competitive

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 12:18 PM
A third and forth round draft pick is hardly ignoring, especially for a regime that is intent on building through the draft. Now, whether or not they took the right player with the third round pick, well that is another conversation.

Yes, but isnt a 3rd or 4th round WR pick by definition a project?

If it takes #9 selection the "typical" 3 years to adjust to NFL coverages, routes, and speed, how long will it take a middle rounder? Certainly not a "playmaker" nor the key pick in your draft that late a pick.

napsndreds
03-24-2010, 12:21 PM
yeah? so why do we pretty much maul every team we play?

EvilDylan
03-24-2010, 12:22 PM

If it takes #9 selection the "typical" 3 years to adjust to NFL coverages, routes, and speed, how long will it take a middle rounder? Certainly not a "playmaker" nor the key pick in your draft that late a pick.

Yeah because every great WR that was ever drafted was drafted in the first 2 rounds.

A coaching change is just what this team needs now. :err:

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 12:23 PM
yeah? so why do we pretty much maul every team we play?

"Maul"? we were 7-9!!!!!

Dolfan4life!
03-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah because every great WR that was ever drafted was drafted in the first 2 rounds.

A coaching change is just what this team needs now. :err:
Its a bit ironic, but Marshall, the guy that a lot of these doomsday posters seem to absolutely love, was drafted in the 4th.

flynryan15

He has a point here. Neither of our 3rd or 4th round picks at WR have all the traits you look for in a prototypical NFL WR. Hartline was a great surprise as a rookie, but I fear with out a dominant WR lining up with him or Bess these guys can be easily covered.

Turner at this point offers nothing, and had serious question marks surrounding how high we drafted him. To date he has proven all those questioning him correct. Every report out of South Florida is; lacks speed, can't separate, poor routes, can't grasp the complexity of the NFL offense, can't get off the press. these are the same negatives that were listed on his draft breakdown.

If you compare that to other mid to low round draft picks that have developed into a impact WR. They did not have those type of glaring negatives coming out of college.

dramaMEAN
The herald reported yesterday that we had the second highest payroll in teh NFL last year.. considering we have NO STARS on this team.. thats as much an indictment on this FO as anything else they have doen.. they have pissed away millions of dollars on bust after bust after bust....

I think the FO might be outthinking themselves... a classic case of the fans want Brandon Marchall, but the fans are idiots so we will look another direction.. instead of just saying suck it and trading the #12 pick for a proven commodity instead of a bunch of questions and potential.

dumb.

SQuinn17
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
To me, getting guys in the 3rd and 4th round when you need a game changing player isn't really getting the job done. That's kind of like drafting a guy like John Beck when you need someone like P. Manning.

Danny
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Sparano will be positive in front of the media but that doesn't mean he's happy with our WR's....he and the FO know that we need a playmaker at WR and they will get one soon.

Ozzy rules!!

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Its a bit ironic, but Marshall, the guy that a lot of these doomsday posters seem to absolutely love, was drafted in the 4th.

Hey I am not saying we can't find a guy like Marshall in the mid rounds. I am just saying the guys we have been selecting aren't from the same mold that Marshall or other mid to late round WR that have made it our. If you compare Marshalls draft analysis to Turner or even Hartline you will see what I mean.

Dolfan4life!
03-24-2010, 12:28 PM
He has a point here. Neither of our 3rd or 4th round picks at WR have all the traits you look for in a prototypical NFL WR. Hartline was a great surprise as a rookie, but I fear with out a dominant WR lining up with him or Bess these guys can be easily covered.

Turner at this point offers nothing, and had serious question marks surrounding how high we drafted him. To date he has proven all those questioning him correct. Every report out of South Florida is; lacks speed, can't separate, poor routes, can't grasp the complexity of the NFL offense, can't get off the press. these are the same negatives that were listed on his draft breakdown.

If you compare that to other mid to low round draft picks that have developed into a impact WR. They did not have those type of glaring negatives coming out of college.
As I said, the actual players that we selected (specifically Turner) may or may not be the answer, but the fact that the FO drafted two players at the position was my rebuttal to the poster that said the FO ignored the position last year.

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey I am not saying we can't find a guy like Marshall in the mid rounds. I am just saying the guys we have been selecting aren't from the same mold that Marshall or other mid to late round WR that have made it our. If you compare Marshalls draft analysis to Turner or even Hartline you will see what I mean.

And...if Marshal is available for a 1st round tender, why roll the dice on a rookie WR at any round?

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 12:30 PM
As I said, the actual players that we selected (specifically Turner) may or may not be the answer, but the fact that the FO drafted two players at the position was my rebuttal to the poster that said the FO ignored the position last year.

Agree, but when you add that to Wilford I can understand why a lot of fans want to swing for the fence on a dominant #1 WR.

Dolfan4life!
03-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Agree, but when you add that to Wilford I can understand why a lot of fans want to swing for the fence on a dominant #1 WR.
Well, as far as Marshall, theres a reason that he hasn't generated any interest (other than an interview w/Seattle that led to nothing positive and probably helped them to decide he wasn't worth trading for).

napsndreds
03-24-2010, 12:33 PM
"Maul"? we were 7-9!!!!!

im talking about the O line and D line.. we are physical..how can you not like the line up front and still trying to improve with that depth...nobody will be successful if the trenches arent legit.

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 12:34 PM
And...if Marshal is available for a 1st round tender, why roll the dice on a rookie WR at any round?

Honestly I go back and forth on this question. My conclusion is, if the intention is to draft Dez with the 12th pick I would trade it for Marshall. Dez has been out of football for a long time, he has question marks surrounding his, work ethic, intelligence, attitude, decision making and dedication. You add all that up and compound it with outside QB, WR is the hardest NFL position to learn, takes the longest and has a very high bust rate. I think the safer bet is MArshall even though he is an off the field nightmare, you know on the field he can dominate.

However if the FO has no intention of drafting WR at 12, which given their long established history. I doubt they do, there is no Marshall debate.

metalman32060
03-24-2010, 12:35 PM
And the winner in this post is Nublar7 for providing the link to ignore. I know everyone has an opinion and we will never all agree, but I am tired of listening to this Jets fan in aqua and orange clothing

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Well, as far as Marshall, theres a reason that he hasn't generated any interest (other than an interview w/Seattle that led to nothing positive and probably helped them to decide he wasn't worth trading for).

No argument here! Which is why I believe Marshall ends up a draft day trade for much less and don't be surprised if it is to the Patriots with one of their seconds, or even the Jets with there pick at 29. Right now Denver has told Seattle they want the 6th pick, not Seattle's later pick in the first. Come draft time he will go for a lower offer.

Dolfan4life!
03-24-2010, 12:40 PM
No argument here! Which is why I believe Marshall ends up a draft day trade for much less and don't be surprised if it is to the Patriots with one of their thirds, or even the Jets with there pick at 29. Right now Denver has told Seattle they want the 6th pick, not Seattle's later pick in the first. Come draft time he will go for a lower offer.
We will see. I don't think Marshall would be willing to sign the kind of contract that would go along with a trade for a third rounder. Remember, Marshall is a RFA, he doesn't have a contract in place for next season. Anyone who acquires his rights is going to have to sign him. If the Jets do it then they would have to be convinced that the cap is never coming back.

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 12:46 PM
We will see. I don't think Marshall would be willing to sign the kind of contract that would go along with a trade for a third rounder. Remember, Marshall is a RFA, he doesn't have a contract in place for next season. Anyone who acquires his rights is going to have to sign him. If the Jets do it then they would have to be convinced that the cap is never coming back.

I don't take much faith in the cap thing. During the cap era teams have proven time and time again they can work within the cap. If a team really wants him they will structure his deal like the Bears did with Peppers. BAsically everything is guaranteed in the first year and allows the team to walk after that.

PerfectFinz72
03-24-2010, 12:52 PM
How can Sparano be a bust? All he can do is work with what he's got. He doesn't sign the players or scout the talent (outside of the draft). If anyone is on the hook it has to be Parcells/Ireland. They are the ones not giving Sparano the groceries (as parcells once said).

Dolfan4life!
03-24-2010, 12:53 PM
How can Sparano be a bust? All he can do is work with what he's got. He doesn't sign the players or scout the talent (outside of the draft). If anyone is on the hook it has to be Parcells/Ireland. They are the ones not giving Sparano the groceries (as parcells once said).
Thanks. I made this point earlier but didn't get a response.

Vaark
03-24-2010, 12:54 PM

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

miamiron
03-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Denver only tendered him a 1st. So far the only interest is Seattle and they won't part with a first.

Why do you say that considering they have the #6 pick and #14 in the first round

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 12:57 PM

Agree! In Sparano's defense a lot of the groceries he has been given have been spoiled.

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Why do you say that considering they have the #6 pick and #14 in the first round

Because I just watched a report on Sportscenter saying Seattle was not willing to part with their first after his visit. Early reports was they were willing to give up the 14th and Denver wanted the 6th. Now reports are Seattle has offered nothing and didn't even talk numbers with Marshall.

jvw
03-24-2010, 01:01 PM
The Jets got lucky....they backed into the playoffs and there Defense got hot and won a couple of games. They are not as good as you or they think they are. We are fine, save your criticism until you see what we have on the field in August.

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

FACTS? Ha this is finheaven they have no place here!

Bta72dolphins
03-24-2010, 01:09 PM
You got to be kidding, Tony is the best thing sense Don. This is third time i have seen a thread like this can we wait at least four years after we say if he is or not.

PhinzN703
03-24-2010, 01:13 PM

How did the WR position cost the team wins? Was it not the defense that blew the game vs Indy and NO?

kwill29
03-24-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/whydidicomeintothisthread-1.gif

dolpns13
03-24-2010, 01:33 PM

SO WHAT?

So did the 73 Dolphins.

dolpns13
03-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Where's X Poc... This thread Sucks

Adam First
03-24-2010, 01:41 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/thisthreadagain-1.jpg

BillParFan
03-24-2010, 01:48 PM
:yap::yap::yap:
7-9, nuff said.

haoleboy
03-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Didn't read the whole thread, I'm pretty hung over. But wasn't Ronnie Brown our "playmaker"?

footsteps falco
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
we have a play maker, actually we have a few. ronnie and ricky. we need both of them to do what they do. but you have to take a look at the positive that came from losing him, we saw chad henne have 300+ yard games. yes there were turn overs. but not out of sloppyness out of pressure. something that could be easily reduced with a better... you got it, offensive line and a defense to keep us from falling 3 TD's behind in first halves.

we will get a playmaker WR. but for another year it looks like were still going to be a run first team. Sparano knows offensive line. if he feels they werent tough enough, or that we didnt have enough depth then how can you knock an expert for going out and getting a bad *** guy 1 year 1 million. smiley is expensive and injury prone. it looks like they are trying to upgrade while also cutting some less productive/injury prone players to clear cap for dansby.

i mean football starts at the line does it not? our team is making sure our upfronts are in order. i mean we have like 5 holes on defense. you can read that anywhere that we need a young NT, OLB, FS, maybe another ILB/OLB... another CB... if smiley is traded, bring incognito in only relived some cap room and added possibly a better player to the roster but we still need more depth in the o-line. i have to disagree with youre line of thinking. we may have been a 7-9 team. but we faced a hard schedule, and the road to the playoffs almost always begins with sweeping the division. we did a good job of keeping that going. the loss to the bills is what really put us back. even with the hard schedule though, i think had we not had so much injury, even with the up and down defense we were definitely play off contenders.

you also have to remember that these WR's are getting better, if you think hartline and bess arent threats on the field ur nuts. #1 guys arent easy to come by. no1 wants a to blow ur whole wad on a guy like brandon marshal who could end up being suspended for a year. that would just leave u in the same boat. and i could see us using a high draft pick on WR, but i can also understand the logic in not wanting to go into next season with the same defense.

there will always be debby downers with ur logic about the team. and then there will be fans who are just happy the direction were headed. its not easy to build a superbowl team over night. theres always going to be hits and misses and mistakes. the people who run this team are trying to minimize that as best as possible.

DANTODUPER
03-24-2010, 02:04 PM

Since 2000 (3rd - 7th rounders)
TJ Houshmandzadeh 7th Steve Smith 3rd Kevin Walter 7th David Tyree 6th Arnaz Battle 6th Justin Gage 5th Kevin Curtis 3rd Nate Burleson 3rd Patrick Crayton 7th Jerriccho Cotchery 4th Bernard Berrian 3rd Marques Colston 7th Brandon Marshall 4th Steve Breaston 5th Pierre Garcon 6th. I think WR and RB's are the few positions in which you can find a solid player on late rounds, even undrafted players like Rod Smith, Miles Austin or our own Davone Bess. Now, I agree the best ones should come on early rounds, but also there are a lot of busts on early rounds. So, the key variables are having a very good to elite QB, and having a draft guru.

Hartline (4th) is more ready than Ginn (1st) was, that again is having a good drafter behind the process! We have needs at NT, OLB, FS, ILB, TE and G, not only at WR.

footsteps falco
03-24-2010, 02:05 PM
You got to be kidding, Tony is the best thing sense Don. This is third time i have seen a thread like this can we wait at least four years after we say if he is or not.

i think sparano is awesome. i love the people running this team. bill.. ireland...sparano..even henning.. nolan...

we have some of the best staff in the nfl

(in a sparano voice)
"i think they're really good, i really do"

lol he always ends statements like this

footsteps falco
03-24-2010, 02:07 PM
Hartline (4th) is more ready than Ginn (1st) was, that again is having a good drafter behind the process! We have needs at NT, OLB, FS, ILB, TE and G, not only at WR.

apparently from the front page article "ask mike" we need a CB now too.

state06
03-24-2010, 02:12 PM

How many new threads of the same topic will you make before you realize people do not agree with you. 7-9 was primarily because our defense sucked. our O was better than expected and good enough to make a championship run. our D was what held us back. Do me a favor, go back to your "Where will the TD;s Come from?" thread and actually read the responses there..let this thread plummet to the depths of Finheaven

Wadeshow
03-24-2010, 02:12 PM
I can't believe people keep posting to phinfreaks weekly column about how bad this team is and how we should cut everyone and just blow up the whole stadium and move the team.

Now to the topic at hand you use the Pats and Jets as examples while the pats did not make the playoffs beacuse of there horrible DEFENSE. The Jets made the playoffs beacuse of there DEFENSE not their super playmakers. We did not make the playoffs over the Jets beacuse of our ****ty DEFENSE it had nothing to do with offensive playmaking.

tcdrover
03-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Honestly I go back and forth on this question. My conclusion is, if the intention is to draft Dez with the 12th pick I would trade it for Marshall. Dez has been out of football for a long time, he has question marks surrounding his, work ethic, intelligence, attitude, decision making and dedication. You add all that up and compound it with outside QB, WR is the hardest NFL position to learn, takes the longest and has a very high bust rate. I think the safer bet is MArshall even though he is an off the field nightmare, you know on the field he can dominate.

However if the FO has no intention of drafting WR at 12, which given their long established history. I doubt they do, there is no Marshall debate.

Not only does Marshall have all of those issues which you pointed out, but his agent is Eugene Parker so he WILL hold out.

He's been out of football all this time, supposedly training for the combine, right?

Then he doesn't do the combine, and cancels his first pro day. It kind of makes you wonder how ready he is to be a professional athelete.

tcdrover
03-24-2010, 02:26 PM
apparently from the front page article "ask mike" we need a CB now too.

That mike guy is actually competing with armando for the most clueless local fins beat writer.

It's impressive, all this time I thought Armando was untouchable. :chuckle:

Lorenzo Rules
03-24-2010, 02:26 PM

hey fellas how are you? I think you may have something there that I had neve thought of and this may be the case . after taking some time off I am cool with whatever happens just as long as we dont go 1- 15 again which I never want to see again .

the defensive line needs to get more presure on the qb and we need to get better on special teams then we should be ok.:earlyriser:

Ghostfx123
03-24-2010, 02:28 PM
You know whats really ironic brandon marshall was drafted in the 4th round. LOL

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Not only does Marshall have all of those issues which you pointed out, but his agent is Eugene Parker so he WILL hold out.

He's been out of football all this time, supposedly training for the combine, right?

Then he doesn't do the combine, and cancels his first pro day. It kind of makes you wonder how ready he is to be a professional athelete.

Confussed are you talking about Marshall or Bryant?

state06
03-24-2010, 02:37 PM
hey fellas how are you? I think you may have something there that I had neve thought of and this may be the case . after taking some time off I am cool with whatever happens just as long as we dont go 1- 15 again which I never want to see again .

the defensive line needs to get more presure on the qb and we need to get better on special teams then we should be ok.:earlyriser:

we wont be 1-15 ever again under sparano. He is not the problem. the problem is what he was left with when taking over. Drafts before him were sad and we didnt have the talent or the coaching to win and be contenders. now, we have leaders in place, along with young talent on both sides of the ball. for years prior to sparano we were used to having one of the best Defenses in the league, until age caught up with us and we had no replacements. This past season, the O was our strength, and the D was just plain bad.

the stats backing this up are posted at http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/where-will-touchdowns-come-from-next-year-272368-3.html on pages 3 and 4.

Dolfan4life!
03-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Confussed are you talking about Marshall or Bryant?
Looks like he started talking about Marshall and he switched over to Bryant in the second paragraph.

Roman529
03-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Since when does Sparano make decisions as to who this team drafts?

finnns2000
03-24-2010, 03:07 PM
This really is homer heaven. Truth is this team has 0 receivers, and please don't talk about a rookie who needs developing. The coaching has been average at best.

Then you look at the drafting. Mediocre. We still don't have any superstars. Jake Long? lol, cmon... Shouldve drafted Matt Ryan. Nalbone, Turner, white, true winners. Our tight ends suck. We have 1 decent LB. The rest suck. Wake is still a project, and no nosetackle still. Parcells hasn't won **** in so long, and there's a reason.

Chubby
03-24-2010, 03:10 PM
This really is homer heaven. Truth is this team has 0 receivers, and please don't talk about a rookie who needs developing. The coaching has been average at best.

Then you look at the drafting. Mediocre. We still don't have any superstars. Jake Long? lol, cmon... Shouldve drafted Matt Ryan. Nalbone, Turner, white, true winners. Our tight ends suck. We have 1 decent LB. The rest suck. Wake is still a project, and no nosetackle still. Parcells hasn't won't **** in so long, and there's a reason.
Truth is this team has several receivers just no number 1. Plenty of quality# 2s and 3s.
Truth is this team has no Quality Starting SOLB or FS.
Truth is this team has no Starting or Backup NT for the first 8 games this year depending on what you think of Soliai.
Chubbs

SuperMarksBros.
03-24-2010, 03:14 PM
7-9, nuff said.
4-12, 9-7, 6-10, 1-15, nuff said.

takes time to rebuild from the deplorable decision making that was going on in Davie for some time. Hell, Wannstedt was winning games in the midst of the roster getting older, more expensive, and less talented.

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks. I made this point earlier but didn't get a response.

The HC is ultimately accountable. To suggest Parcells and Ireland are the sole decision makers on player personnel is wrong.

Sparano is just like Parcells, so I dont see the difference. They have collectively BUSTED so far.

From 11-5 to 7-9 is not progress.

And please dont say injuries...there is no playmaker on this team, and it looks like that will be the case for the 3rd straight year.

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 03:17 PM
The Jets got lucky....they backed into the playoffs and there Defense got hot and won a couple of games. They are not as good as you or they think they are. We are fine, save your criticism until you see what we have on the field in August.

You could say the same about our 11-5 season :d-day:

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 03:18 PM
How did the WR position cost the team wins? Was it not the defense that blew the game vs Indy and NO?

Recall the Ted Ginn drop when the ball hit his hands in the endzone?

And thats just one game...

nobody could get open, nobody could beat tight man coverage, and defenses stacked the box with 8-9 players...that effectively shuts down this offense.

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Since 2000 (3rd - 7th rounders)
TJ Houshmandzadeh 7th Steve Smith 3rd Kevin Walter 7th David Tyree 6th Arnaz Battle 6th Justin Gage 5th Kevin Curtis 3rd Nate Burleson 3rd Patrick Crayton 7th Jerriccho Cotchery 4th Bernard Berrian 3rd Marques Colston 7th Brandon Marshall 4th Steve Breaston 5th Pierre Garcon 6th. I think WR and RB's are the few positions in which you can find a solid player on late rounds, even undrafted players like Rod Smith, Miles Austin or our own Davone Bess. Now, I agree the best ones should come on early rounds, but also there are a lot of busts on early rounds. So, the key variables are having a very good to elite QB, and having a draft guru.

And few, if any of the WR's mentioned above, would be pursued by this regime...which is my point.

Notice, they all play somewhere else.

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Truth is this team has several receivers just no number 1. Plenty of quality# 2s and 3s.
Truth is this team has no Quality Starting SOLB or FS.
Truth is this team has no Starting or Backup NT for the first 8 games this year depending on what you think of Soliai.
Chubbs

Thats right,,,and I hold the FO and HC accountable for it.

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Looks like he started talking about Marshall and he switched over to Bryant in the second paragraph.

See that is the confussing part, as a RFA Marshall would have signed with a new team. Then Denver decides to match or take their first. No hold out involved.

state06
03-24-2010, 03:39 PM

nobody could get open, nobody could beat tight man coverage, and defenses stacked the box with 8-9 players...that effectively shuts down this offense.

and still our offense was on par with most of the offenses that have won the superbowl the past 10 years. the D however... well, i think you know the answer to that.

Dolfan4life!
03-24-2010, 03:40 PM
See that is the confussing part, as a RFA Marshall would have signed with a new team. Then Denver decides to match or take their first. No hold out involved.
True, then all the combine and pro-day talk is obviously not about Marshall.

Dolfan4life!
03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
and still our offense was on par with most of the offenses that have won the superbowl the past 10 years. the D however... well, i think you know the answer to that.
Somebody isn't blaming the loss to the Colts on the offense, are they? The same offense that controlled the clock for more than 45 minutes? That loss falls squarely on the collective shoulders of the defense. Not even debatable.

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-24-2010, 03:45 PM
I hate the offseason!!!

Storm54
03-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Thinking that bringing in Brandon Marshall and all his baggage is going to put us over the top, and make us a championship caliber team is moronic. Amazing how people complained about Incognito and his checkered past, but seem to think that once here Marshall will be a model citizen and fantastic teammate. Doesnt work that way. We have far too many holes on the defensive side of the ball to be tossing draft picks at primadonna wide receivers who will cost tens of millions of dollars a year, and may not even be on the field to earn it. Get off your man crush of Brandon Marshall, or dont I really dont care, but please quit posting this rediculous drivel non stop. Our FO does what they feel is best for the team, and they dont care what you or I think of the job they are doing.

Also the defense lost us far more games last year than the offense did. So keep thinking that B.M. will come in and all of a sudden our pathetic D will be able to stop an elite offense.

flynryan15
03-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Somebody isn't blaming the loss to the Colts on the offense, are they? The same offense that controlled the clock for more than 45 minutes? That loss falls squarely on the collective shoulders of the defense. Not even debatable.

I like to blame GERBIL! Then I blame Ginn for 2 drops in the endzone.

Nublar7
03-24-2010, 04:19 PM
phinfreak's last five threads:

Is Sparano newest Fins' BUST?

Where Will Touchdowns Come From Next Year?

Jets school Fins on Art of FA and Draft

This regime lacks BOLDNESS necessary to get better

Fins most pressing need?.....LEADERSHIP!

All negative downing threads. Not surprising since phinfreak is the same person who was absolutely sure Henne wasn't going to be the starter in 2010, simply because Sparano didn't name him the guy on the day after the regular season.

phinfreak
03-24-2010, 04:26 PM

I am. A lot can be said for holding the ball for 45 minutes and not scoring enough points to put the ball game out of reach.

While we took 45 minutes to score, it took Colts 45 seconds. Now thats offense!

dolpns13
03-24-2010, 04:28 PM
I am. A lot can be said for holding the ball for 45 minutes and not scoring enough points to put the ball game out of reach.

The Raiders could have scored in that with our passing defense.

Taylormade 99
03-24-2010, 04:36 PM
I think more people on this site is rooting for the Dolphins to suck just to prove there point! I have faith in this FO. I have been watching the Dolphins for a long time and it is a real difference from the garbage that was taking the field 4 to 6 years ago till now! This team actuly believe they should win rather just playing not to loose. We all got spoiled when this team won the division in 08 then looked like they took a step back in 09. Which if you look at it from a outside in prospective we are right where we need to be. We played a first place schedule last season because we won the division. You want to talk about the Colts. Look how long that team has been together and in the same system! We just finished year 2 in a 3year plan! Let's see what happens before we want to scap the project in favor of another!

NY8123
03-24-2010, 04:37 PM
I guess if managing a team to greatness was so easy more teams would have multiple Super Bowl titles, the Dolphins winning percentage and a list or Pro-Bowl players that goes on and on.

Three years ago this franchise was the ******* of the NFL with absolutely no direction, no line offensive or defensive, the defense was aging, the QB situation was bleak, the front office was in turmoil and we were one pass away from having the distinction of being the only franchise to go 17-0 and 0-16.

I think the front office did a pretty good job of plugging the holes this team had. You have to keep the ship afloat in order to rebuild it because building a whole new ship takes much longer then fixing what you have, just ask any Detroit fan.

NY8123
03-24-2010, 04:40 PM

No - that is piss poor defense.

Phinatic8u
03-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Wow, lol i find it real funny that people sit here and down a team that just 3 years ago was 1-15. No we have no playmakeers but avg 23 pts a game? Our D was the problem last year. Didn't we have the saints down by 20 something at Half?? & The colts scored in 45 seconds?? Yeah we lost those games. & wasn't it our offense that rallied and beat the Jets on Monday Night. But the same D that allowed the jets to put up 27 pts. Yeah our D was horrible.

Karlos Dansby is a Defensiver Playmaker. He will be a HUGEE upgrade. Now If our O progress under Henne then we will have the Same succes as last year on O. If our D, now coached by Nolan & Led by Dansby, Step up, we would probally be a 10-6 team in the playoffs. We have 4 GLARING holes on D. FS, NT (Solai is a Avg Starter), OLB, Another OLB, adress FS & OLB early in the draft (1st & 2nd RD) then we have the chance to have a abover average young D only getting Better.

But to say Sparano is a bust is probally the dumbest thing I've heard come out of a grown man's mouth,.

Phinatic8u
03-24-2010, 04:50 PM
& Defense gives up 25 ppg, Yupp D was the problem last year.

Mako
03-24-2010, 05:46 PM

They did?

I suppose they took Hartline and Turner in the draft for ****s and giggles.

Granted, Turner didn't do squat last season, but what else were the Dolphins to do? What would you have recommended them do to fix it last season?

*Demi*God*
03-24-2010, 07:02 PM

SO WHAT?

Ok didnt read any posts after this so if its been said let me go ahead and try to HAMMER the point home...Last year 7-9..out starting QB got hurt in week 3...we were 0-3...Chad Henne comes in and goes 7-6...now during that 7-6 spread we lost our starting RB in Ronnie Brown...our Defense lost us 2 games to the eventual super bowl participants...if we win those we would have be 9-7....now this is without the "playmaker" on offense...we are in the process of fixing what is REALLY wrong with this team and that is Defense...give TS a chance damn...this is year 3 for him...and now that we have a DC who actually knows what he is doing our D will be a lot better and we can go ahead and win with putting up 22.5 points per game...

Storm54
03-24-2010, 07:12 PM
All relevant and compelling threads to those of us who understand that drinking coolaid doesnt make you a fan.

As for Henne starting...well...the last time I checked the 2010 season hasnt started...

Henne starting is as profound as Ginn being the starter. Lack of a politically correct alternative.

And I assume that since your forte is *****, pissing, and moaning that you are a much truer fan than the rest of us? You need to learn to prioritize the order in which you deal with a teams deficiencies, and WR should not be on the top of that list when you have a defense that gives up 25+ ppg. If the other team cant score, they cant win, period. Our front office is doing it right building the defense first, with pieces here and there for the offense. You should really stop thinking you know more about the needs of our team then men who have been doing it for decades. Henne is our unquestioned starter at quarterback because he is better than anyone on our team, and he is a rising talent. If you fail to see the potential the kid has then that is your problem and an indicator that you truly do not have an eye for talent, and should'nt be telling us what players Miami needs and doesn't need.

Mile High Fin
03-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Sorry, I thought the HC had a say in player personnel decisions...my bad!

That's right, Sparano only runs up and down the sidelines calling timeout after a change of possession, my bad.

I wonder who gets to pick the players for the fins? According to you, its not Sparano.

:crazy:

Congrats on your 1,000th (negative) post!!!!

:up: :up: :up:

rent this space
03-24-2010, 07:40 PM
"Is Sparano newest Fins' BUST?"

---division champ in 1st year, nope

"Where Will Touchdowns Come From Next Year?"

----Dolphins were 15th in scoring for 2009, two slots higher than your beloved
jets

"Jets school Fins on Art of FA and Draft"

----if the objective is to get softer...

"This regime lacks BOLDNESS necessary to get better"

----boldness has nothing to do with it

"Fins most pressing need?.....LEADERSHIP!"

-----two words: Pennington, Parcells

The Goat
03-24-2010, 08:01 PM

SO WHAT?

2008: One of the easiest schedules in the league.
2009: The hardest schedule the league has seen since 2003.

jason_taylor
03-24-2010, 09:49 PM

yeah we did against those 2 teams BUT if teddy hadnt ran 2 back for TDs we would have lost it sure wasnt a wr on our team that went 60 yards down field in stride and beat the jets we was very lucky and if we go into the season with the wrs we have as of right now we are screwed BANK ON IT :thanks:

Clipse
03-24-2010, 10:29 PM
I mean, I can't believe the trifecta hasn't filled every single ****ing hole on this team, and there were a lot of them, in two seasons. Use some logic next time you post. How many idiots are there on this board that act like the trifecta took over a team full of talent. Get it through your thick skulls. They took over a 1-15 team completely void of talent. Learn some football, then you'd know rebuilding is a process. It doesn't happen over night. Sheesh... This is starting to get ****ing ridiculous.

NY8123
03-25-2010, 08:22 AM
I'm assuming by micro-manage, you mean ****** about what isn't being done, or how the pick was the wrong one, right?

Ha! That is about right and add on the "they dropped the ball by not signing such and such" and "we need to sign this player or all is lost". You know, that kinda stuff. hahahha.

a1csiriaS
03-25-2010, 09:44 AM

Please give me YOUR definition of a playmake. wait I can probaby sum it up for you. a "playmaker" has to be someone either old and in decline or with alot of off the field bagage but wait as long as they have a big marketable name they are playmakers! Dude go roote for the jets if thats the case youll be happy there and let the true dolphin fans hang out here and enjoy ourselves.

phinfreak
03-25-2010, 10:28 AM
They did?

I suppose they took Hartline and Turner in the draft for ****s and giggles.

Granted, Turner didn't do squat last season, but what else were the Dolphins to do? What would you have recommended them do to fix it last season?

Yeah, and boy did Turner and Hartline burn up the field! REally caused heartburn for D coordinators,,,really opened up our offense! :crazy:

phinfreak
03-25-2010, 10:32 AM
"Is Sparano newest Fins' BUST?"

---division champ in 1st year, nope

"Where Will Touchdowns Come From Next Year?"

----Dolphins were 15th in scoring for 2009, two slots higher than your beloved
jets

"Jets school Fins on Art of FA and Draft"

----if the objective is to get softer...

"This regime lacks BOLDNESS necessary to get better"

----boldness has nothing to do with it

"Fins most pressing need?.....LEADERSHIP!"

-----two words: Pennington, Parcells

Not sure what team you were watching last year...I saw fins go 7-9 and peter out down the stretch....and Henne was the QB with RW at RB, so, not sure what youre point is.

As for leadership, last I saw, neither Penny nor Parcells was on the field or in the huddle.

What are you talking about?:confused:

BillParFan
03-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Ha! That is about right and add on the "they dropped the ball by not signing such and such" and "we need to sign this player or all is lost". You know, that kinda stuff. hahahha.

Such as, "they dropped the ball by not signing Haynesworth"?:boohoo:

As you might expect, there were several questions about nose tackle Albert Haynesworth (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=3543)'s reluctance to participate in the Redskins' "voluntary" offseason conditioning program. Oh, and there's also the part about Haynesworth going on the radio and complaining about the prospect of playing nose tackle in a 3-4 scheme. (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/12297/shanahan-sounds-off-on-haynesworth)
:ponder:

rent this space
03-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Not sure what team you were watching last year...I saw fins go 7-9 and peter out down the stretch....and Henne was the QB with RW at RB, so, not sure what youre point is.

As for leadership, last I saw, neither Penny nor Parcells was on the field or in the huddle.

What are you talking about?:confused:
my point is the Dolphins were 15th in scoring and 17th overall on offense last year. that is with a rookie QB and backups at skill positions. you're crying about the wrong side of the ball.
are you trying to say that Pennington and Parcells provide no leadership because they aren't in the huddle? yeah, try again

Wildbill3
03-25-2010, 10:48 AM
So lack of a WR last year cost us 2 wins? I guess its a good thing the defense only lost us 7 games then.

Wildbill3
03-25-2010, 12:36 PM
No, not just 2 games. Any 10 year old could see that. However, to the person that understands the impact of a passing game on the opponent, one would understand the terrible disadvantage any team is in who is unable to threaten vertically.

The fins "manufacture" offense via the wildcat. The reason is that without it there is no mismatch.

The game is centered around mismatches, thus the creativity around personnel groupings on down and distance.

The fins have a run formation, and the WC formation. As for a threat via the vertical passing game, they have none, nada.

The result is opponents being able to dictate to your offense, stacking the box, and limiting your options in play calling - thus the outcry on many of Hennings play calls.

The fins are boring on offense, have not pop or burst, have no playmakers, are slow, and predicatable, thus 7-9.

The defense has many many holes, too many to address with one player, but on offense, one dominating WR can change the entire complexion of the team, scheme, and outcome.

Thus, a WR is the key cog that is missing on this team, assuming youre sold on Henne, who by the way, was not a rookie last year.

Comprende now?really? I guess with My "10" year old eyes I saw a defense that failed us at least 7 times, and an offense that saved us at least 7 times.

flynryan15
03-25-2010, 12:54 PM
really? I guess with My "10" year old eyes I saw a defense that failed us at least 7 times, and an offense that saved us at least 7 times.

Cliff Notes:

Defense needs MUCHO help!

Offense needs a HOMERUN hitter, or simply put a friggin WR that catches a ball in the endzone during the clutch.

Jersey DolFan
03-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Don't forget that our defense came to play on a few occadions and our offense didn't show. We couldn't put it together last year period.

As to this thread. I am happy w dansby and nolan. However, the lack of ne other moves at all is puzzling. Its cool to build and build via the draft but what's wrong w being competitve while we are building? I think we r headed in the rite direction but I think this regime can be narrow minded at times. They love o line and d line and lbs. But safetys and wrs or rbs so far don't seem to be that important. I don't think wr is the issue tho. On a few occadsions teams stacked the box like the pats did and we threw tons of passes and won. Our wrs r good they just need that number one guy to complete the corps and then its elite. Think about it. I just think this fo doesn't care they'll draft some new pat turner who won't have an impact for at least 2 years n that'll be a pick that coulda gone for lb depth or a) for the future. I just don't feel ne urgency. Ur gonna get starting nt,old (maybe 2) and a safety of all starting caliber thru the draft? I don't see it

My hope is that they r jus waitin til the smoke clears after the draft to make more fa moves. I still have hope n think we r headed to the rite place. Just gotta question some stuff if ur human

state06
03-25-2010, 01:31 PM
lets sacrifice the D to get a game breaker on O! brilliant! Hell lets trade Dansby for Marshall straight up! we will for sure score more points that way! I'M A GENIUS

NY8123
03-25-2010, 01:37 PM
All I have to say in this argument it the following:

1) The offense scored more points per game then the year prior
2) The defense gave up more points per game then the year prior

Why did we lose more games?

PhinzN703
03-25-2010, 01:44 PM

I do recall that play. How about the first play of the game? How about the Dolphins on a 392123 minute drive to take the lead late in the game and then have Indy take 4-5 plays to take the lead right back after?

PhinzN703
03-25-2010, 01:50 PM
Finheaven off season natural progression timeline for threads:

1) shock and disbelief the season is over
2) hope and optimism in the off season
3) free agency
4) Mico-manage off seasons moves
5) Draft
6) Micor-manage draft
7) All seventh round selections are the next pro-bowl players
8) Ted Ginn sucks (for X-poc)
9) Dolphins are going to win the super bowl based on one pre-season game
10) finally the season begins

We are now in step 4 and I can wait until we progress to step 5, then I might just take a nap and scratch myself until step 10.

Once the draft comes up and is complete, we'll have 500 threads about how the FO messed up and how they should've drafted Mr. ESPN rather than the guy they selected.

Wildbill3
03-25-2010, 01:51 PM
I think... that some threads were born to find thier way to the depths.

PhinzN703
03-25-2010, 01:52 PM
yeah we did against those 2 teams BUT if teddy hadnt ran 2 back for TDs we would have lost it sure wasnt a wr on our team that went 60 yards down field in stride and beat the jets we was very lucky and if we go into the season with the wrs we have as of right now we are screwed BANK ON IT :thanks:

The reason games have kickoffs and punts/punt returns is b/c it's part of the game. I find it funny that people will call scoring special teams TDs "lucky or fluky". It's been a part of the game forever has it not?

Someone saying 'if it wasn't for.....' has zero credibility of being correct no matter what you're talking about

phinfreak
03-25-2010, 02:23 PM
I think... that some threads were born to find thier way to the depths.

Just as their responses...

Wildbill3
03-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Just as their responses...after deleting more than 40 responses that were against the tos, I dont' think this thread is worth saving.

flynryan15
03-25-2010, 05:07 PM
All I have to say in this argument it the following:

1) The offense scored more points per game then the year prior
2) The defense gave up more points per game then the year prior

Why did we lose more games?

GERBIL!