PDA

View Full Version : Sporano doesn't rule out drafting D. Bryant

bpackers13
03-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Could Dez Bryant be a fit for the Dolphins? (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/03/could-dez-bryant-be-a-fit-for-the-dolphins.html)

by: Omar Kelly (http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/author/omar-kelly/) March 23rd, 2010 | 10:36 AM
Brace yourself.
When we’re talking about hot button issues like the Miami Dolphins receiver issues, and there’s talk about a controversial figure like Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant, I figure it’s better for me to give you head coach Tony Sparano’s words straight, with no chaser.
So here’s what Sparano had to say about the controversial receiver, who was suspended for most of last season, and has a murky background that features a troubling childhood.
“I just think we need good players. When I say that, we have a lot of good players on our team right now. We want to take good players. At the end of the day we have to be concerned with all the other things that are out there. He has different issues, and we have to do our due diligence that way,” Sparano said. “But we have to take good players. Whether it’s a receiver, a defensive back, an offensive lineman. We have to make sure we continue to bring good football player onto this team. Between myself, Bill (Parcells), Jeff (Ireland). We’ve really preached this offseason, and have been on a mission since the middle of the season, the beginning of our season, with this next draft class preparing that way.
“The more good players we can bring on our team the more ways we can find ways, things for them to do.”
So, what does this say about the team’s interest. To me it says they think Bryant is a difference maker, and could possibly be worth taking on his baggage. But it also says they are doing their homework on the player to make sure they don’t have another “THE PLAYER” situation like they had with Terrell Owens in Dallas.
And for the record Sparano basically ruled out the Dolphins pursuing Owens, and Denver free agent receiver Brandon Marshall, saying neither would be a good fit for his team (throw stones at him, not me..please).
So, if you had to make a decision based on these comments, do you think the Dolphins are IN on Bryant, or OUT on Bryant if he’s there when they get on the board with pick No. 12.
As you probably already know, the Dolphins related blogs are coming at you fast and furious, so please visit regularly, click on the Miami Dolphins name at the top of the page to make sure you’re looking at the latest item, and press F5 to refresh.

You think we're leaning towards this guy?

#1dolphinsfan
03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
I hope we are leaning towards him i would love to have him in a Fins uniform

Danny
03-24-2010, 04:09 PM
you never know with our FO....with Wanny you just knew he was going to do something stupid but this could go either way.....they want to bring talent in so that means regarless of need they will take the guy they think is the best player.

Ozzy rules!!

TXFinFan
03-24-2010, 04:13 PM
I think that is Sparano's way of saying we will go BPA this year. By that I mean Best PLAYMAKER Available.

gnome011
03-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Please Get Him To Miami!!!!!

gnome011
03-24-2010, 04:18 PM
I Repeat.... Please Get Him To Miami!!!!!

PhinPhan910
03-24-2010, 05:00 PM
I like dez bryant and would love to get him, but we have more needs. Only way I could see us take him is if practically nobody else is available.

victacious
03-24-2010, 05:11 PM
That would really bring some buzz on draft day if we selected Dez....with one round being in primetime. Round one will be really boring if we selected a nobody with potential. That may even improve our free agency in the near future. Make it happen!

Nawledge
03-24-2010, 05:16 PM
after reading this it definately makes me think theres alot more of a possibility of drafting Dez than i originally had thought. I personally thought there was NO WAY we would go offense, especially receiver in round one with the 12th pick but after reading this it definately seems like they could be targeting BPA and/or a playmaker. You never know with this FO tho, everything is behind closed doors and kept secretive and i honestly have no idea what theyre gonna do on draft day.

d_yankee
03-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Its funny because Miami is lacking bigtime on the "sexy pick" type players. Seems like an eteeeeeeeeerrrrrnity from the Dan Marino to the Mark Bros dayz. (sigh)...anyways...

Yeah, I wish there was a way that Miami can find a way to make a Dez Bryant or CJ Spiller pick at #12, but by the way they are ignoring JT and released Porter...all signs pointing to an OLB at #12. (sigh)